PDA

View Full Version : Help with 3d lara (for those who know 3ds max)

RacerX
23-06-07, 11:04
i've downloaded a free 3ds max model of lara, it's already got bones and a bunch of other modifiers. i've tried assigning footsteps to it but it just wont work.
this is the same model i'm taking about, from sci-fi meshes

http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intGenreID=11&intCatID=28

(the last model on the page)

she's kinda short but i want to know how i can load some motion capture files and make an animation

cheers

Tthe Spirit
23-06-07, 11:18
i've downloaded a free 3ds max model of lara, it's already got bones and a bunch of other modifiers. i've tried assigning footsteps to it but it just wont work.
this is the same model i'm taking about, from sci-fi meshes

http://www.scifi3d.com/list.asp?intGenreID=11&intCatID=28

(the last model on the page)

she's kinda short but i want to know how i can load some motion capture files and make an animation

cheers

well i know 3ds max very well, except how to animate...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

danitiwa
23-06-07, 12:16
Ask Ashka, :wve: He's very good at that.

RacerX
23-06-07, 13:52
well i know 3ds max very well, except how to animate...

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

:tea:

Zamboni
23-06-07, 15:19
And I know Maya quite well, but not 3D max. LMAO

Why not make your own Lara?

ashka
23-06-07, 17:58
Ask Ashka, He's very good at that.
Me know all me see all - 'Malkavianic quote'

Well RacerX, this one was made in 3ds max 4 (which is old like Adobe (Dani ;)). I load it in max 9 and 5 - both didnt even saw bones in it,

I can suggest you a great solution, read Max's help files, especially topics on Character Studio, rig your model with 'Physique' and that will do it all ;)

RacerX
23-06-07, 18:20
Me know all me see all - 'Malkavianic quote'

Well RacerX, this one was made in 3ds max 4 (which is old like Adobe (Dani ;)). I load it in max 9 and 5 - both didnt even saw bones in it,

I can suggest you a great solution, read Max's help files, especially topics on Character Studio, rig your model with 'Physique' and that will do it all ;)

thats what i did, i deleted the bones and rigged the model again :D