PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Limewire

Anti.Enemy
23-06-07, 19:06
Unfortunately my LIME WIRE Does not work.. AGAIN!? :mad:
It is not able to connect, In the connection quality, only 1 bar is coloured blue, the rest are red..
I made firewall to give it access to the net, still no use..
Can anybody tell me what am I supposed to do now?

badboy70
23-06-07, 19:10
Did you check all the firewalls ? Including Windows's Firewall ? Or anti-virusses can block it too. Launch Limewire and look if there's an icon at the bottom telling you it's getting blocked by a firewall/anti-virus/...

jamieoliver22
23-06-07, 19:13
Check that all the appropriate ports are open/allowed in your router configuration.

And P2P programs can be really slow anyway, and to be honest, LimeWire is rather crap.

Just remember, we are only helping you on a legal basis - this forum holds no responsibility to any illegal actions that are based on such support

Anti.Enemy
23-06-07, 19:14
Did you check all the firewalls ? Including Windows's Firewall ? Or anti-virusses can block it too. Launch Limewire and look if there's an icon at the bottom telling you it's getting blocked by a firewall/anti-virus/...

I have anti-virus, but no idea if it is blocking it or not.. how do I know...?

badboy70
23-06-07, 19:48
I have anti-virus, but no idea if it is blocking it or not.. how do I know...?If there is a globe sort of symbol with a wall in front of it on the bottom left something's blocking Limewire.
And like Jamie said
Just remember, we are only helping you on a legal basis - this forum holds no responsibility to any illegal actions that are based on such support:)

What anti-virus do you have ?

Anti.Enemy
23-06-07, 19:51
yes there is a globe symbol with the wall thing, and I'm using mcAfee anti virus

badboy70
23-06-07, 19:56
yes there is a globe symbol with the wall thing, and I'm using mcAfee anti viruserm, right. I used to have it. But i lost my serial and cba to contact Dell :p
IF you go to options you noramlly should be able to select which programs should be blocked and not. You should add Limewire.exe to to list that shouldn't be blocked. Normally you find it here : C:\Program Files\Limewire
There find "Limewire.exe" and add it. You might'd have to reboot Limewire to enable the changes made to mcAfee. :)

Anti.Enemy
23-06-07, 20:51
Omg! it still doesn't work :(

badboy70
23-06-07, 21:08
Omg! it still doesn't work :(Hmmm, and does the icon still appear ?

Anti.Enemy
23-06-07, 22:02
Hmmm, and does the icon still appear ?

The globe with the wall symbol you mean?
yes its still there..:(

badboy70
24-06-07, 08:39
The globe with the wall symbol you mean?
yes its still there..:(Then there's still a program running that's blocking Limewire :(

Anti.Enemy
24-06-07, 11:18
Then there's still a program running that's blocking Limewire :(

Then how do I know which program? ..:(

badboy70
24-06-07, 12:22
Then how do I know which program? ..:(
Ceck your Program Files, or go to your Control Panel and select Software. Let it make it's list and see if there is an other Anit-virus/Firewall/... program in it.
Maybe you've installed one and forgot about it. you can also check your Task Manager and have a look at the Processes list to see if you find something there.

Anti.Enemy
24-06-07, 12:45
I don't have any other anti virus or firewall.. :(

badboy70
24-06-07, 13:20
I don't have any other anti virus or firewall.. :(Strange, can you go and check of Limewire is still in the list that doesn't need to be blocked ?

Anti.Enemy
24-06-07, 18:39
Strange, can you go and check of Limewire is still in the list that doesn't need to be blocked ?

Yup it is there in the list.. :(

EscondeR
24-06-07, 19:55
1. First go to Control panel > Administrative tools > Services and set Autostart option for Windows Firewall service to "None". Reboot your PC and try to connect with LimeWire. If it connects not, then...

2. Then try to shotdown your McAfee and connect. If LimeWire connects, then you need to review McAfee settings again.