PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Girl - Digital painting & evolution video

MiCkiZ88
23-06-07, 20:26
First of all. Thank you Paperdoll for letting me do this. It's been a pleasure :hug:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/mickiz/Vampiregirlsketch39-1.jpg (http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/mickiz/Vampiregirlsketch39.jpg)
(click for full size)

Name: Candra Nádasdy Illés Király
Age: between 400 and 200 years old although she appears to be 16.

Born in an aristocratic family in Hungary, with a childhood filled with deceit and false appearances, Candra gradually became a cold person, manipulative as well, with a taste for toying with men, using her looks and young appearance to lure them. She is by no means trashy though, since, due to her upbringing, she values a classy appearance. She loves reading and classical music as well as playing the piano and only opens up to whom she considers to be her true friends.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/mickiz/Vampiregirlsketch40face.jpg

Candra's blessing is that she can read thoughts, her curse is that she gets burned by sunlight, not right down to ashes though, more like quicker sunburns, so she can walk during the day but she has to be properly covered to avoid burns.

And the evolution video
aBAxHKhRGDI

all character info written by Paperdoll

Paperdoll
23-06-07, 20:28
Love it :hug: and let me give you a major thank you for doing this for me :) I could never visualize this character properly and now thanks to you I can :D :hug:

Angelx14
23-06-07, 20:32
wow, not bad Micki! O_O I love it :D Keep the nice work coming. :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
23-06-07, 20:33
Thanks Angelx! :)

And I'm glad you like it Dolli :hug:

Anajrob
23-06-07, 20:34
Nice! But what is this all about?:o:D

Sara Croft
23-06-07, 20:34
S.T.U.N.N.I.N.G! :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
23-06-07, 20:39
Nice! But what is this all about?:o:D

Just character design. Paperdoll asked me to do this for her :)

Thanks guys :wve:

Little-Lara
23-06-07, 21:12
Good job. Paperdoll is soo lucky.

Sara Croft
23-06-07, 21:14
As wierd as it sounds, the 'bio' sort of reminds me of Core's Lara xD

Paperdoll
23-06-07, 21:15

I am aren't I? :D :p

As wierd as it sounds, the 'bio' sort of reminds me of Core Lara xD

Core Lara didn't fool around as much :whi: :p but yeah that's is quite the compliment :D

MiCkiZ88
24-06-07, 10:51

I really have no Idea how she is lucky. I'm definately not the best artist here :p

Autolycus
25-06-07, 08:08
Now that's awesome Micki :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
25-06-07, 13:13
Thank you =)

It took me couple of weeks to do this.. trial and error -.-

Laras Backpack
25-06-07, 13:18
Super! Really interesting character and a great design :tmb: :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
25-06-07, 16:28
Thanks.. Credit for the character detail goes to Paperdoll. She gave me the guide lines how to make her and wrote her bio :D

Tomb Raider Master
25-06-07, 16:36
That looks lovely, Micki. :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
25-06-07, 18:51
Thanks!

And that's a kinky new avatar :D

Pipolinne
25-06-07, 21:04
The info really matches the drawing!

And the blue dress,after all the explanation we've been given about the colour meaning, it's just perfect for her :)!

MiCkiZ88
26-06-07, 11:17
Thanks Pipolinne :)

I suppose the blue (lusty) colour matches her bio. Dolli strictly told me not to use any makeup or blood or anything like that.. even if I wanted to -.-

Paperdoll
26-06-07, 18:52
Lmao she's a classy ***** :D but a ***** nonetheless XD and thanks Pipolinne :D I was just waiting for your comment :p

Pipolinne
27-06-07, 17:40
Me,the lusty expert :vlol:!

MiCkiZ88
27-06-07, 20:14
^ Lmao.. well you do give great feedback! :D
Lmao she's a classy *****

:p

Mind if I do my own version? I wanted to do with red makeup, dead skin colour, fangs, cuts & blood dripping. Perhaps even with a weapon..

Paperdoll
27-06-07, 20:16
Sure, although she won't be my character anymore :D but I'd love to see it anyway ^^

MiCkiZ88
27-06-07, 20:18
I'll see what I can do when I have time =]

I already have the image in my head.. lol. A tad more sexy than lusty.

Mona Sax
27-06-07, 20:23
Awesome, Micki. She's a beauty, and the dress is spectacular. The blur effect is a nice idea, too.

tr_mitch
27-06-07, 20:26
Firstly i wouldn't say she looks like a vampire at all, maybe more prom queen'esk.
The whole bio is nice and eveything, but it just seems more attention was paid on the design of the dress rather than the actual design of the character, so we get an idea of what this Girl is supposed to be like, but at the same time it totally clashes with the image that you created. Its just like you've designed a dress then quickly designed a body to fit into it, and decided that she'll be a vampire without really thinking whether she fits the label.

I think you need a lot more detail to her face, and her overall look, rather than what she's wearing.

jackles
27-06-07, 20:27
I love the feathery look you achieved.

Also loved the video of how it evolved

:D

MiCkiZ88
27-06-07, 20:28
Thank's Mona! :hug:

I would've done a bit more realistic drawing. But I drew it completely with my mouse.. so yeah. I had to use blur & smudge alot.

@Mitch.. You got it right.. The character is designed from the dress. But it was Dolli's Idea to make it an Vampire girl. Second. She's supposed to look like that. Young and not lethal.

Thanks Jacki =)

Pipolinne
27-06-07, 22:10
Perhaps you should post the link for your original thread,featuring the dresses, Mixu :).

I understand what you're saying,Mitch,but I agree with Paperdoll here: blood and teeth simply wouldn't match the image the dress would pass. It would be just another common vampire drawing. The idea is to draw attention for the character, globally,and not just for her fangs.

Paperdoll
28-06-07, 17:49
Firstly i wouldn't say she looks like a vampire at all, maybe more prom queen'esk.
The whole bio is nice and eveything, but it just seems more attention was paid on the design of the dress rather than the actual design of the character, so we get an idea of what this Girl is supposed to be like, but at the same time it totally clashes with the image that you created. Its just like you've designed a dress then quickly designed a body to fit into it, and decided that she'll be a vampire without really thinking whether she fits the label.

I think you need a lot more detail to her face, and her overall look, rather than what she's wearing.

*sigh* it depends on your general idea of vampires. In my story from where that character is from, vampires look like regular people, so what would make her look like a vampire? A stereotyped look? No thanks. And yes the dress was what was done first, I saw it and asked Micki to do me a character with that dress. I was already glad that he took the time and effort to do that.

Anyway I'll make Pipolinne's words my own. Sorry if I tried to give her some depth and not make her the typical vampire :rolleyes: besides being a vampire isn't what makes her what she is. Being Candra and the overall backstory I worked on for her is what makes her what she is, being a vampire is just a small part of it.

MiCkiZ88
28-06-07, 18:53
^ And you can clearly see from the vid clip that the dress was done first. Infact. The girl was made out of it. The only thing drawn with pencil was her face by Dolli. I altered and digitally painted the face on the line art.

I'm however doing a ''vampire'' drawing now.

@Pipolinne: Meh.. the vid contains the first two dresses. The original one, the altered blue one and her final dress. =)

Paperdoll
28-06-07, 18:55
Exactly :) atm you're doing the whole stereotyped view of a vampire, blood, fangs, hotness and dark makeup with a very sexy look :p luckily vampires are one of those mythical creatures that can be recreated by anyone. Example? A vegetarian vampire that loves pink silk sheets and pretty men :D yes that was from a story I read XD the dude loved garlic as well :p

MiCkiZ88
28-06-07, 19:01
Uh.. okay. That's way too fluffy for a vampire for me O_o

Nah!

I just prefer that hot look. Although my drawing is supposed to look beautifull and classy.. which is another good thing for me.