Tomb Raider Master
24-06-07, 12:51
Very nice, Mona. :tmb:

Rivendell
24-06-07, 12:53
Amazing! The eyes look so alive!

Geck-o-Lizard
24-06-07, 12:54
Nice, but there's something off about it that's making it look a bit strange. I can't put my finger on it though. :confused:

Sara Croft
24-06-07, 12:54
Thats so real! :O

Mona Sax
24-06-07, 12:57
Thanks. :hug:
Nice, but there's something off about it that's making it look a bit strange. I can't put my finger on it though. :confused:
Well, if you find it, let me know. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

star girl
24-06-07, 12:59
WOW Mona! :eek: That's amazing! :tmb:

JANKERSON
24-06-07, 13:01
Very Nice Mona. :)

MiCkiZ88
24-06-07, 13:04
Oh Mona.. how I've missed your work! :eek:

That's just simply stunning. I love his eyes and the shading you've done. As geck.. there still seems to be something off. But I don't care. It's stunning as it is. :D

Maybe his ear or the left (right from us) side of his face is a tad too large? meh..

bloodstormaoa
24-06-07, 13:38
:yik: Thats brilliant Mona, hyper realistic :tmb:

touchmyheart
24-06-07, 13:44
.....:eek: I have no words...:D

Alex Fly
24-06-07, 13:45
Wow ! :tmb:

MUN33B
24-06-07, 14:03
OMFG! :yik: Its perfect! ;)

Apofiss
24-06-07, 14:23
hehe that is tasty pencil work, Mona (kind of extensive as good pencil works usually are) Ah, I think I get what Grace means; Craig's face in your depiction, as a wild man we know him, could have more rough face-lines/texture, more intensive shadows around eyes/nose/mouth area... some very basic guide-marks considering specificly his face (still it depends on chosen refernce)... apart from that imo it's done like a perfection, yum such a skillz :3

Catlantean
24-06-07, 14:53
Amazing work :tmb:

thevman
24-06-07, 15:01
Reminds me of the guy that did the TV series "the prisoner", running away from everyone in a green bubble back in the 60's! :tea: Anyways, sorry for the trippy flashback, awesome render! :tmb:

Pipolinne
24-06-07, 15:49
I think you fully captured that deep sexual energy of Craig, Mona,but those small eyes are somehow...disturbing me,lol. But that's just personal opinion :D.

Legends
24-06-07, 16:23
Wow, that's amazing! :tmb:

Mona Sax
24-06-07, 16:39
Ah, I think I get what Grace means; Craig's face in your depiction, as a wild man we know him, could have more rough face-lines/texture, more intensive shadows around eyes/nose/mouth area... some very basic guide-marks considering specificly his face (still it depends on chosen refernce)...
That's a good point. I think I'll pay more attention to contrast the next time, try to make it all a bit clearer. But I gotta be careful - it's Courteney Cox, don't want her to look wild or rough. :D

tranniversary119
24-06-07, 20:18
Holy WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have a huge gift! :D

very well done mona :D:D

Angel_14
24-06-07, 20:21
Despite the fact that I loathe Daniel Craig, I find your drawing absolutely amazing :D

Paperdoll
24-06-07, 20:22

I'd say the eyebrows or the overall expression... which is influenced by the eyebrows... IMO he seems just a tid bit wooden...rigid. Still awesome shading, I only wish I could ever do shading like that :D :tmb:

Greenkey2
24-06-07, 20:23
He's marvellous Mona :tmb:

Thanks. :hug:

Well, if you find it, let me know. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

I think perhaps he might be a little too perfect: the skin is much smoother-looking than he is in real-life; no scars or those minor imperfections we all subconsciously look for... :pi:

Nemo_91
24-06-07, 20:28
That's awesome! :tmb:

xMyrax
24-06-07, 20:43
Sensational <3 =)

Autolycus
25-06-07, 08:04
Omg, thats sensational :tmb:

Geck-o-Lizard
25-06-07, 13:14
I had a quick go in photoshop with the liquify tool. The main thing that was bugging me was the forehead - my eyes think it should be slightly more angular than you drew it, partly because it made the eyes seem a little offset. You might also play about with contrast a bit, if you've got an image editing program; a little contrast makes him seem more rugged.
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/8812/dcraigea0.jpg

IMO he's quite an ugly brute in real life, but your drawing's good. :D

george_croft
25-06-07, 13:29
Very nice work Mona :tmb:

Quasimodo
25-06-07, 13:39
IMO he's quite an ugly brute in real life, but your drawing's good. :D

Agreed and seconded :D

I like the cross-hatching technique you used to build up gradual shading in his shirt collar, and the black-dark shades you achieved in his hair. By comparision, the face looks a little flat against them - like others have suggested, more contrast would remedy this. His eyebrows are rather thin/sparse for a man. In some portraits of men, especially in comic books, a 3/4 view with the ear and jawline in shadow usually has a very dark/saturated shadow running from the forehead, around the eyesocket, temple, down the cheekbone to the jawline, emphasizing the heavier bone structure of a masculine face.

maximum_123
25-06-07, 14:42
Very nice Mona :tmb:

Apofiss
25-06-07, 15:00
That's a good point. I think I'll pay more attention to contrast the next time, try to make it all a bit clearer. But I gotta be careful - it's Courteney Cox, don't want her to look wild or rough. :D

This (http://i16.************/62i78ua.jpg) (i hope it's ok to re-touch it a bit :3) is how I pictured as for basic lines/shadows (it's that most of people have some basic lines which makes us to recognize them immediately even no matter realism)

Yay, Courteney Cox ish a fine choise! :D she's a one ssssssexy wom and well pronounced face ^^

knutroald
25-06-07, 20:26
That's so cool.:D Great work Mona:tmb:

ashnar
26-06-07, 19:33
:tmb: wow. amazing work mona. My school will only be teaching us advanced art techniques starting with the 11th grade. until then, I'll learn by myself. I'm already ahead with the human body.(other students say I'm crazy:tea:) But I like to draw.Keep making such great drawings.

Tihocan9
27-06-07, 03:33
You Drew THAT!!!! THats incredibale and so real, my sister has a crush on him so I will print it out and give it to her and geta good laugh of her kissing it for the next 6 weeks. Your a really amazing artist, the best face I can draw is a smiley face :p

Taylour
27-06-07, 04:19
nice, great technique. He looks a little to 'pretty' to me, at least in 007 and Tomb Raider he always had a grungy-ness to his look to me. :p

vespertea
27-06-07, 04:34
Very well done! I'm impressed. The way his hair is drawn strikes me the most. That, and the detail on the fabric of his coat and collar. Nice job!

Hanny-P
28-06-07, 12:12
Wow,

That is amazing:D