PDA

View Full Version : TRF Artists Guild

Quasimodo
25-06-07, 22:55
Many thanks to Apofiss for making this group possible :tmb:

Current Theme:
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/quasiraider2/banner.jpg
(image from H. Bosch's Garden of Earthly Delights)
Monday, June 25th to Wednesday, July 30th-ish, when SC's end

Create an image of a place you've been to in a dream, or one you've completely made up. Floating islands, upside down staircases and doors on the ceiling, anything goes! Just keep it web-size ;) 800x600

The TRF Artists Guild, much like the TRF Writers Group, is a place open to all members to post their art for comments and critque.

FAQ

Q: How many entries can I submit?
A: As many as you like. Considering using thumbnails or links for multiple entries in one post, though, so nobody's computer crashes trying to load the thread :p

Q: But I'm not a good drawer/painter/photographer/etc. Can I still enter?
A: Of course! TRF members of all skill levels and experience are encouraged to participate.

*NEW*
Q: Can I submit photo manipulations?
A: Yes.

Q: Can I submit a comic? It has writing in it, but does it still count as art?
A: Yes.

Q: Does it have to be TR related?
A: Nope.

Here's how it works: (partially nabbed from Star Girl :o ):

- Every two weeks one person picks a theme. (Quasimodo has chosen the 1st theme)

- At the end of each round, the person who chose the theme chooses someone else who he/she feels followed the theme 'best'. Honourary mentions can also be made for the most "Hilarious", "Avante Guard", or any other titles the theme chooser wants to give ;)

- Those participating then have two weeks to draw, paint, render, sculpt, photograph, or manipulate some form of medium - it can consist of whatever your mind takes you to when you think about the theme.

What if I am chosen to pick the next theme?:

- If you decide you don't want any chance of being chosen to pick the next round's theme, then make a post in this thread that says so.

- If you chose the last theme and it's time to pick the next person to choose a theme, try to mix it up a little. If a certain person picked the last theme or even the one before the last one, try to choose someone different for the next one. That way it will get around to everyone getting a chance to make a choice.

Also:

Be constructive in what you say (e.g., "your drawing would look better with more contrast", not "your drawing sux0rs!" ). Keep discussion on topic - some chatter is fine as long as this thread doesn't lose its focus.

bloodstormaoa
25-06-07, 23:01
Fantastic idea Quasi :tmb:and thanks Apofiss:D

I secretly hoped someone would make something like this:o I'll try and think of something:)

Just for clarification , the closing date is...........

Guild sounds so much cooler than group :pi: :p

Quasimodo
25-06-07, 23:07
Guild sounds so much cooler than group :pi: :p
Yah I know, right? :p
4th o' July is the closing date :)
I went ahead and took the liberty of choosing the first theme :whi:
but I'm gonna be as objective and fair as possible in choosing who to pass the torch to :D

bloodstormaoa
25-06-07, 23:11
Cooly, there is gonna be some stiff competition here.....like seriously stiff:D

Who chose the theme? ( who do I need to cosy up to? :p)

EDIT: Wow!!! Quasi thats the best theme ever in the history of themes.....only an intelligent, sensitive, wonderful person such as yourself could possibly have chose it :mis: :p

Considering that Guild is such a great word, will this be stickied??

Chocolate
26-06-07, 17:37
Great idea! Thanks for creating this Quasi and Apofiss. If I have the time I will enter sometime.

vespertea
27-06-07, 17:45
Sounds fun! I might give it a go.

This is a wicked cool theme. I'm excited.

Quasimodo
28-06-07, 00:59
It's great to see some enthusiasm so early on :D I'll most likely end up extending the deadline since these things take time to catch on at first.

vespertea
28-06-07, 03:56
It's great to see some enthusiasm so early on :D I'll most likely end up extending the deadline since these things take time to catch on at first.

Please do! You'd get 5 Cameron points. :D

george_croft
28-06-07, 09:10
Sounds fun! I'd love to join but my scanner doesn't work, so i can't enter :o

Great idea though, can't wait to see some entry's :wve:

Lavinder
28-06-07, 19:34
Is this OK ?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/lavinder/Art.jpg

Quasimodo
28-06-07, 20:59
:yah: entries already :yah:

@ Lavinder - great work :tmb: and yes, photo manipulations are totally OK, in fact, it'd probably be one of the best ways to follow this theme. *updates FAQ*

Apofiss
08-07-07, 08:39
Unsticking for now as it's quite inactive, plus considering amount of stickied thread.

bloodstormaoa
10-07-07, 01:17
Oh, it's unstickied :(

I've been so busy lately (work and all) so I haven't had much time to do anything:o I think a lot of people are focusing on the SCs too. .....

I'm gonna try to have something ready by tomorrow :)
Is there an ending time Quasi? Or is tomorrow too late anyway...?

Lavinder That is GORGEOUS :D

vespertea
10-07-07, 03:29
Oh, it's unstickied :(

I've been so busy lately (work and all) so I haven't had much time to do anything:o I think a lot of people are focusing on the SCs too. .....

I'm gonna try to have something ready by tomorrow :)
Is there an ending time Quasi? Or is tomorrow too late anyway...?

Yeah, you're entering!

I'm working on a drawing right now of a place I haven't necessarily dreamed about, but more or less daydreamed about. It also has Lara Croft in it (no it's not anything perverted :ton:). Is this acceptable?

bloodstormaoa
10-07-07, 14:46
^ Of course, although Quasi will make the final judgement on whether it fits into the theme or not.

Okay, firstly I would like to apologise for these in advance. I did it in 30mins because I wanted to enter something and i'll be gone for the rest of the day. I've been so busy lately (as said before) that I didn't have time to focus on this, so I'm sorry.

Secondly, the idea is that Lara is in a deep dream. She hears her mothers voice beckoning to Avalon (The silouette in the doorway is Amelia). The image of Avalon is based on the Concept Art released for Legend. So I can't really claim originality. I could try and convince you that the lack of details symbolises "cloudy" vision within the dream.....but it was really due to time constraints:o

I am posting as links as i'm not sure whether my sleeping/dreaming Lara is pushing the boundaries (mods can delete if necessary:)). There are two but they are essentially the same picture, except the second contains "finger blending". I wasn't sure which I preferred so I'll leave it up to you Quasi, to decide which to judge :wve:

Dreamscape 1
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/Dreamscape.jpg

Dreamscape 2
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/Dreamscape2.jpg

Again, sorry:o

Quasimodo
10-07-07, 18:54
Great work so far! @Verspertea- sure, entries can feature Lara ;)

As for rules and deadlines...with the SC's going on, I'm gonna be laissez-fair with the deadlines and choose an entry/next person to pick a new theme around the time the SC's end - July 30th.

@BloodstormMaoa- the first one reminds me of the lost realm level in AOD :)

vespertea
10-07-07, 19:42
^ Of course, although Quasi will make the final judgement on whether it fits into the theme or not.

Whoops, yeah, I meant to put "@ Quasi" My bad. :p

Dreamscape 1
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/Dreamscape.jpg

Dreamscape 2
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s293/bloodstormaoa/Dreamscape2.jpg

:eek: Those are GREAT. Wow! I especially like the first one, though the second is executed very nicely (ah, the miracle workings of finger-smuding :jmp:). Impressive for a 30 minute drawing. It'd probably take me like.. two hours to do something like that. Great concept, too. :tmb:

@Verspertea- sure, entries can feature Lara ;)

As for rules and deadlines...with the SC's going on, I'm gonna be laissez-fair with the deadlines and choose an entry/next person to pick a new theme around the time the SC's end - July 30th.

That a huge relief. Thanks!

bloodstormaoa
11-07-07, 00:54

@BloodstormMaoa- the first one reminds me of the lost realm level in AOD :)

You've extended again??:( I wish I hadn't submitted that piece of crap now:o Makes sense though...I guess. At least there may be some more submissions :)

Cooly, although I'm sorry it dredged up memories of AoD :mis:

:eek: Those are GREAT. Wow! I especially like the first one, though the second is executed very nicely (ah, the miracle workings of finger-smuding :jmp:). Impressive for a 30 minute drawing. It'd probably take me like.. two hours to do something like that. Great concept, too. :tmb:

NO they're ****......but thanks:D

bloodstormaoa
31-07-07, 15:22
Sorry for the bump and double post:)

I'm just wondering whats gonna happen with this?!

Vespertea are you still entering?

Quasimodo
31-07-07, 15:25
i was gonna just let it die a quiet death...lol... ;)

bloodstormaoa
31-07-07, 15:27
Oops....lol :vlol:

I think it could work though. You'll notice that the writers group has become quite inactive recently too :whi:

EDIT: I meant to say (but had to go). If you wish it die....die it shall :p