PDA

View Full Version : They Shoud Make a Sequel 4 AOD

mobian.fox
26-06-07, 19:45
The best way to continue on the Saga is to sequel AOD. Because It goes to the players mind, how did she go from AOD to Legend?

CAISACO
26-06-07, 19:46
I think AOD should be left alone.

Rivendell
26-06-07, 19:47
There's lots of support for an AoD continuation on this site.
Quite a few people want to see the rest of the story, more Nephilim, and their realm beneath Cappadocia! :jmp:

*Sigh*

Whether we ever will see any continuation though, who knows?

Legends
26-06-07, 19:47
Angel of Darkness is hopefully a dead chapter in the Tomb Raider series.

ThomasCroft
26-06-07, 19:48
There's lots of support for an AoD continuation on this site.
Quite a few people want to see the rest of the story, more Nephilim, and their realm beneath Cappadocia! :jmp:

*Sigh*

Whether we ever will see any continuation though, who knows?

We probably won't, though. :(

maximum_123
26-06-07, 19:49
There's been countless threads on this subject.

I totally agree. AoD is one of my most favorite games, it's incredible storyline is well... incredible. Someone suggested Eidos should let Core continue with AoD alongside Crystal D, but Crystal might not like that :p Who Cares?! And when it's over Eidos' full attention can go to Crystal D.

AmericanAssassin
26-06-07, 19:51
Don't let your hopes get down, people! I'm still hard at work, creating a very expensive website in support of an AOD continuation! The feature count is up to about 150 main pages (with several small features per page) and I'm putting together prize packages. We will find out what happens someday! ;)

CAISACO
26-06-07, 19:54

I totally agree. AoD is one of my most favorite games, it's incredible storyline is well... incredible. Someone suggested Eidos should let Core continue with AoD alongside Crystal D, but Crystal might not like that :p Who Cares?! And when it's over Eidos' full attention can go to Crystal D.

True, AoD was the best TR game imo. Except for the numerous bugs, but you forget about them when you get deeper into the game.

da tomb raider!
26-06-07, 20:00
As much as I want an The Angel of Darkness continuation, I only want it to be done by the members of Core Design. If they aren't going to continue it, I don't want it to be continued. Especially not by Crystal Dynamics. I dread the thought of them continuing The Angel of Darkness. Either way, though, I don't think it's going to be continued anytime soon. Besides, Crystal Dynamics' Lara Croft doesn't seem to have the same bio as Core Design's Lara, so I doubt Crystal Dynamics' Lara has ever done what Core Design's Lara did in The Angel of Darkness. :wve:

maximum_123
26-06-07, 20:04
True, AoD was the best TR game imo. Except for the numerous bugs, but you forget about them when you get deeper into the game.

I never experienced bugs in my time of play :ton:

Sara Croft
26-06-07, 20:05
I really wish they do it. AoD had so much ... potential and its a realy shame it dosent continue. Im sure CD would have managed to make it with the best games of the year.. But the thing is, can they do what core couldnt?

RAID
I don't really care for AOD's storyline.

EDIT: To continue to this post, after playing Anniversary, I think that Crystal Dynamics should stay away from the Core games. No matter how much I dislike AOD and it's story line, I don't want it to change. Especially if they include her parents being involved against Ekhardt in the past... And the game turns into another parents avenging story, which would be worse than Nephilim.

And like da tomb raider said (yes I do agree with you :p), Crystal changed her bio, so odds are, they'll change the story too...for better of for worse, I don't care which. Leave it as it is.

Ivan92
the story was terific:D but the gameplay was awfull:( als it was very bugy, some things were very stupid,and only one sector of the game is a tomb,wich is very bad cuse the name of the game was tomb raider!But as I said,the story and the music were great:D so I think that CD were wrong for not continuing the game from where it ended, we should request a sequel,but how:confused:

NightWish
26-06-07, 20:11
CHECK MY SIGNATURE! :jmp: Please sign the petition. And we mighht see a cintinuatione even if its not in the form of a game ;)

A new aod fan! :hugs:

BTW: there are a nember of fan projects that are continuaing aod (non of them came out yet though) And maybe hundreds of fanfics! :tmb: Aongel of darkness has a huge fanbase (even if it has just as many haters) and those fans are pretty anthusiastica and creative - which cant be said about many other games

ashnar
26-06-07, 20:16
It would be nice if the story from AoD would somehow be 'finished' or outlined a little in a future game. But only very subtle( like the connection given between trl and tra when we are told as to why Lara's father was looking for the scion etc.) so it would not affect the story in its full extense.AoD had a great plotline, but since it was viewed as a big problem in the series, cd might not risk it by retaking and rethinking that matter. Until something comes up, there is always fan fiction to look upon:)

NightWish
26-06-07, 20:29
And definetely not a connection with Lara's parents!

RAID
26-06-07, 20:34
AoD had a great plotline, but since it was viewed as a big problem in the series, cd might not risk it by retaking and rethinking that matter.

Don't be so sure about that.

Crystal Dynamics might wanna prove to the fans that they can do better than Core Design, and try to remake what was suppose to be Core's biggest game in the series. Tough luck that it ended up being what it is.:(

The problem is that I think that Crystal Dynamics so don't wanna be like Core Design, they end up changing too much, taking the game in a non TR way.

AOD already wasn't a TR game. It would be worse to have a monkey raider playing it.

Gregori
26-06-07, 20:37
Well, I don't think Eidos will allow a continuation (idiots), but I think there is enough people in the community to put together a sequel or continuation through a MOD.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79081

Anybody who interested might want to look here!

NightWish
26-06-07, 20:41
Yes but itswould be better if is official - And I think there is an option for a quality continuation tie with the new tomb raider. but first TOBY GARD MUST BURN IN HELL and let Murty back to do the story.

Or why dont they hire murty to write a book that is a continuation of it?

BTW: if there are interested people in the mod with 3d and animation skills. please say so :D We are gathering new members

Reggie
26-06-07, 20:41
As much as I want an The Angel of Darkness continuation, I only want it to be done by the members of Core Design. If they aren't going to continue it, I don't want it to be continued. Especially not by Crystal Dynamics. I dread the thought of them continuing The Angel of Darkness. Either way, though, I don't think it's going to be continued anytime soon. Besides, Crystal Dynamics' Lara Croft doesn't seem to have the same bio as Core Design's Lara, so I doubt Crystal Dynamics' Lara has ever done what Core Design's Lara did in The Angel of Darkness. :wve:

What about if Crystal Dynamics took on a few advisors from the old Core design team like they have with Toby Gard?

Murti Scofield would have to be one them.

And yes, I'd love to a see a continuation one day and I have a feeling that the continuation is waiting on a distant horizon. Its just going to be a very long time until there are even any hints of a continuation, I think.

ashnar
26-06-07, 20:42
And definetely not a connection with Lara's parents!

I didn't say anything about a connection with Lara's parents.I simply gave an example of somesort of subtleness. Nothing else came to mind. trl and tra had other connections aswell, but this one was very preominant( as in it got stuck in my head by how many times I came across it on the forums. :D) don't worry. no parent connection.

NightWish
26-06-07, 20:45
Sprry - I am saying this parent thing all day because today I read sth terrible in the manual for anniversary collectors edition (I wish I had read it sooner!) and IT SUX! I think i am going to post a thread about it...

Stel4eto
26-06-07, 20:47
Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success. When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.

da tomb raider!
26-06-07, 20:49
What about if Crystal Dynamics took on a few advisors from the old Core design team like they have with Toby Gard?

Murti Scofield would have to be one them.

Maybe that'd work. I wouldn't really mind Crystal Dynamics making a continuation, but to be honest I doubt they'll make the continuation I'd like to play.

NightWish
26-06-07, 20:53
Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success. When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.

What makes u think taht they will be remking the whole saga? :confused: Nope - they are making a new saga now :( About laar's mommy :( :( :(

Stel4eto
26-06-07, 21:01
'Cause is a golden opportunity for cashing. If they make a game about the mom first, the next surely will be remakes of the previous original titles, with some little expansions of course. Pitty!!! The TR has such potential of novelty.

Reggie
26-06-07, 21:10
Crystal D are going to work on anything the producer - Eidos - decrees them. So don't say that "the one Lara is different form the other". If Eidos consider as lucrative to continue AoD, Cr D will. But at this moment I don't think so. They have a whole saga (2,3,4) to remake, which is a lot of money, so why losing it?!?! Though the regret of the fans, they (the fans) definitely are buying the next titles, thanks to the previous success.

Eidos actually gave the go ahead for the AOD sequel to be made by Crystal Dynamics. It was when the team brought on Toby Gard, that Toby recommended that they scrap everything that has went before.

On the subject he famously said:
"She's my creation, I can do anything I want (with Lara)"

Hence why he's disliked by a lot of AOD fans. :(

When the right time comes, there will be an unfold of AoD story, but we must wait long.

Yeah, I think that's a case.
Never say never. 'tis what I say ^.^

TRBeth
26-06-07, 21:30
I would definitely support an AOD continuation with CD's technical abilities, and I have suggested that some of the old CORE TR creators be recruited to work with CD on future TR games. This doesn't mean a return to CORE but to add to the team viable gaming artists that know what TR is all about, since it seems that CD is struggling with this aspect of the game and seems unable to appease the expectations of veteran TR fans. I also feel that adding some of the old CORE programmers would be a tremendous advertising boost for the game.

AOD was certainly a better story then Legend in every way, and, even though it deviated from the "tombish" aspect of TR, the central character's history and personally was not rapped and altered, as is the case with Legend, continued with TRA.

Toby Guard has not been a good addition to this game, IMO....however, sales speak for itself and the sales have been good for both Legend and TRA.

NightWish
26-06-07, 21:39
'Cause is a golden opportunity for cashing. If they make a game about the mom first, the next surely will be remakes of the previous original titles, with some little expansions of course. Pitty!!! The TR has such potential of novelty.

Even though they want new games - not the old tune all over again. Well amybe theyw ill remake TR2 for the 20th anniversary

marms2005
26-06-07, 21:47
i would love to see an AOD continuation... if and only if they make it amazing like anniversary and legend. it was too buggy and with people having to play with kurtis..it was a flop. i personally liked the story line of AOD though..people didnt like it ..they thought lara was too dark. well think about it..if your mentor left you to die in a tomb...um what would you be like after you got out. i dunno i would just like to see it..but its VERY doubtful i will. :( even if they would continue it in iDVD format (were you can play on your tv, and use your remote..theyve done this before with AOD..they made it into iDVD) i would be happy. i just want to see what they had planned.

Stel4eto
26-06-07, 22:06
Only because U and I want some innovations, doesn' t mean they are going to do them. The TR 2 and so.., have stories already - interesting and splendid stories - which can quickly become games of high quality. Our generation has played the previous games, which were a break-through at their time, but the young consumers want s.th with high res. graphics and developed visual effects. How I've said the story is engrossing and the games will be hit.
About AoD I love this game, despite of all its bugs, and I think it is one of the best TR games ever. I would like its story to clear up, 'cause there were some disconnected moments, but I prefer some new adventures not seen before in the series. Earth is big, so why play "the old tune all over again"?

mobian.fox
26-06-07, 22:27
I agree with lots of you. AoD is very "buggy" and I really think that Eidos should continue this game. People want more action, new moves, harder levels, and to see Lara beet the crap out of bad guys.

I like the idead of the sequel of AoD (well aka it to AoD2) being done with Crystal Dynamics. Imagine Laras outfits of AoD with C.D. potential.

How would Kurtis be in the sequel??

_Lam
26-06-07, 22:30
Please kill Kurtis ! KILL HIM ! :hea:

I wouldn't like a AOD continuation but I would like that, in Legend 2, there's a connection with TRA and TRAOD so that we could explain TRAOD and maybe Kurtis could appear in a cinematic but nothing else, he needs to die with A LOT OF PAIN !

Boukensha
26-06-07, 22:41
kustis rox.. he could back and stay whit lara in some levels.. a team work level, where you control the both...

well..

i agree, but first! they should forgot core´s aod.. and remake it whit a lot of changes (for better)

because aod is a great game but ruined by bugs, crappie controls, worng use of rpg elements, very slow and booring talks... they should remake this great game..
aod diserves a second chance...

so after remake a sequel..

they could connect aod whit tr8, whit kurtis.. but just in a help cutscene.. but somethings that show us that he is alive.. and after tr9 that should be a new story, whit no relation whit other tr games, just some connect whit tr8 end, i still want so see a double time play game, lara in past and her mother in present, something like that, and the end lara back to the present.. and her mother gets old, tr9 could be a pause whit a new history whit a tr8 sequel under it.. so after tr9 they could remake tr6 aod and make tr10 a sequel from aod.. whit playable kurtis back.. but dont make who dont like him play whit him
they could make a level whit you can choose if want play whit both, whit lara or whit kurtis, you could choose lara and kurtis will cover you.. and you could change them... for found all secrets and pickup everything you have to use the "team work".. but you can finish the level whit one or other alone (but whit the other covering)

and ah, kurtis, elvis and natla isnot dead..

gtkilla
26-06-07, 22:41
There isn't going to be an AoD continuation...although there's no denying that CD will be using elements from Core's planned sequel/trilogy(which to my knowledge was also connected to TR1) in TR8. There are too many coincidences to ignore...

- Why would Eidos make an iDVD of AoD?
- Why does Scorched Natla share similar physical qualities with the sleeper(Nephilim) and Amanda's pet(not really AoD...just wanted to say it :p)?
- Why were Natla and Eckhart both released in 1945?

There are a lot of others, but I can't remember them right now..

BTW, Kurtis is dead...the acid from the stab disintegrated him into nothingness...he's gone forever.

Boukensha
26-06-07, 22:44
i guess that aod was to be the connect whit remake

you guys know that core planed a tr1 remake too..

if core didn´t get fired tr7 was to be aod 2, after that the remake for conect aod whit tr1 like legend did, and tr8 was to be aod 3, and finish the trilogy...

marms2005
26-06-07, 23:18
heck..even if they just TALKED about AOD in next game i would be happy

they didnt even make referrence to it in Legend and that ****ed me off. i felt like it was a slap in Cores face or something.
i agree most people dont want Kurtis in it..i want him in it...but i dont really know if we should play as him.

heck id rather have Kurtis around occasionally in some cut scenes..than have two annoying nerds yelling in my ears!

krycekuva
26-06-07, 23:20
they should remake AOD in the way the way it was intended,.. adding some of the cutted out material so the game wont be as close to the unfinished one, and with the new gameplay i may reconn it would look like a complette new game,.... and then make the second and last part,.. so the game will be a hard long game ocndensed and enjoyable as ever, with a great storyline, and with a great gameplay as in TRA or better...

donttouchmyuzis
26-06-07, 23:41

I thought they should do that. Eidos shouldn't mind...they'd earn all the more money, pleasing both AoD and Legend fans!

donttouchmyuzis
26-06-07, 23:49
heck..even if they just TALKED about AOD in next game i would be happy

they didnt even make referrence to it in Legend and that ****ed me off. i felt like it was a slap in Cores face or something.
i agree most people dont want Kurtis in it..i want him in it...but i dont really know if we should play as him.

heck id rather have Kurtis around occasionally in some cut scenes..than have two annoying nerds yelling in my ears!

I completely agree. Do you know how mad I was when I found out CD changed Lara's total history, as though the other games had never even happened? :mad: They also made fun of the other games, like TR 3, in the Prima guidebook, having Lara call them rubbish. I feel like CD treats Core's games with little respect...and I'm like, who started it all and kept it going for so long?

marms2005
27-06-07, 00:14
I completely agree. Do you know how mad I was when I found out CD changed Lara's total history, as though the other games had never even happened? :mad: They also made fun of the other games, like TR 3, in the Prima guidebook, having Lara call them rubbish. I feel like CD treats Core's games with little respect...and I'm like, who started it all and kept it going for so long?

exactly!

erosan
27-06-07, 01:27
AOD had ALOT of potential as a game imo. However i'd rather have the Core members do the sequel.
IMO CD/Eidos are idiots if they decide to erase all 6 games. ANd brining Toby was the biggest mistake they could do.

Quasimodo
27-06-07, 01:43
Feel free to enlighten me, but where else could the AOD storyline go? I thought Lara destroyed any chance of the nephilim returning after she killed the sleeper...

aussie500
27-06-07, 02:19
Eidos actually gave the go ahead for the AOD sequel to be made by Crystal Dynamics. It was when the team brought on Toby Gard, that Toby recommended that they scrap everything that has went before.

On the subject he famously said:
"She's my creation, I can do anything I want (with Lara)"

Hence why he's disliked by a lot of AOD fans. :(

Yeah, I think that's a case.
Never say never. 'tis what I say ^.^

Really people should get their facts straight, Toby joined the team late in development, the levels had already been done. Unless Turkey is much larger than l thought Nepal, Bolivia, Ghana and rainforest's are not part of it. No company in its right mind would ever do a continuation of such a disaster as their first game, Crystal Dynamics might have entertained the idea for about 5 minutes and then gone of to do something completely different. If anything you should thank Toby, since the changes he made to the story Crystal Dynamics already had will make it possible to go back to Atlantis, and we might still get some vague sort of continuation of the AOD story line (if you are very imaginative and look at it just right)

ihatecold17
27-06-07, 02:45
I never experienced bugs in my time of play :ton:

Did you actually play the game? You couldnt run because it would get all slow and choppy, you could see through her in corners, she would jump at something and keep falling until you restarted it, she would fall through solid ground, I cant believe that you missed all of this. theres a lot more too. Like on mine i had to start another save file because it wouldnt overwrite.

Sara Croft
27-06-07, 02:56
Did you actually play the game? You couldnt run because it would get all slow and choppy, you could see through her in corners, she would jump at something and keep falling until you restarted it, she would fall through solid ground, I cant believe that you missed all of this. theres a lot more too. Like on mine i had to start another save file because it wouldnt overwrite.
I cant have some problems with Lara's hopping sometimes, but I have a bugfree version also. She only does the 3 second walk-before-run now too. She's great to play with for me :)

silver_wolf
27-06-07, 07:21
AOD is dead and never coming back. People need to learn to accept that. It had great potential but CORE screwed it up too much. The most that we will get is some minor reference.

Jack Croft
27-06-07, 07:25
AoD IMO should be left alone. It was bad, buggy and made by core do Crystal Dynamics want to contuine a Core game IMO i think CD should concentrate on Legend they have a winning formula and should contuine the saga. :p

silver_wolf
27-06-07, 07:28
But it would be great if they tied up all the previous TRs in the Legend saga,it would give them a clean canvas to work on.

top-toddy
27-06-07, 07:40
I think AOD should be left alone.

even tho im a BIG fan of aod i would like it to be left alone , like lara said in legend. i think of it as a memorial , undisterbed for 100 of years, whats 10 years more on top of it - or along the lines of . :D

mobian.fox
27-06-07, 10:02
Please kill Kurtis ! KILL HIM ! :hea:

I wouldn't like a AOD continuation but I would like that, in Legend 2, there's a connection with TRA and TRAOD so that we could explain TRAOD and maybe Kurtis could appear in a cinematic but nothing else, he needs to die with A LOT OF PAIN !

Why dont u like Kurtis??

NightWish
27-06-07, 11:59
FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS A CONTINUATION - SIGN THE PETITION:
http://www.petitiononline.com/aodtri/petition.html

tombinator
27-06-07, 12:37
i would love them to continue AoD, sure Core completely cocked up the gameplay, but the story was awesome and i would love CD to continue it!
Much more interesting than the Legend storyline, i'm not being funny but i don't give two hoots about the ppl in that game, and i didnt like the way they changed her background! Her dad should be Lord Henshingly Croft! not richard!

Stel4eto
27-06-07, 13:02
When I think again, I sure want a sequel of AoD. Christianity has so many interesting issues to be head to (TR has always investigate dead cultures and religions and hasn't turned to the most followed one, except in AoD). May be the Nephilims can still be very interesting, and may be some other myths can be put in either, making a whole new different and expanded adventure. In both ways, if the story is told exciting, I'll love the game(s) :jmp: .

I like Kurtis, so bring him in too. He was a nice addition.
And something about the "Agency" thing - Marten Gunderson, he wasn't vary famous during the game.

Yeoman
27-06-07, 13:23
I liked AOD alot, I thought the story was good, but I didn't like Kurtis that much, he was ok, but I didn't want to play him, he was to sluggish and I got frustrated.

As for a sequal, I would love one, but I don't think there will be one, for now I'd like CD to carry on with their Legend storyline which may link in with Anniversary, dont't start to many things at once though!

marms2005
27-06-07, 15:04
FOR EVERYONE WHO WANTS A CONTINUATION - SIGN THE PETITION:
http://www.petitiononline.com/aodtri/petition.html

signed it :)

MUN33B
27-06-07, 16:05
As much as I loved AOD I higly doubt there will ever be a continuation. These types of threads are probably usless and have no point. I've seen loads of them, its repetitive (no offence) :)

NightWish
27-06-07, 16:20
Keep signing the petition is u want an aod continuation poeple :D

thevman
27-06-07, 16:32
I have to wonder if it would be a good idea if CD tampered with and continued the AoD storyline??? :confused: Something tells me they'd mess it up... :whi: I'd at least like to see them pull in those closest to the story from the original core team, to at least be consultants. ;)

silver_wolf
27-06-07, 16:33
please! It's not possible to mess up AOD any more than it already is. Half the story's missing!

thevman
27-06-07, 16:35
Ummm, can you say crybaby legend lara??? :whi:

silver_wolf
27-06-07, 16:36
Yes,remind me again, how many times did she cry in that game?

gtkilla
27-06-07, 18:31
Ummm, can you say crybaby legend lara??? :whi:

Can you say "Bimbo AoD Lara who likes to get felt up by strangers"? ;) :p

Angel_14
27-06-07, 18:36
gtkilla - She didn't like it, she had no choice. Kurtis had a weapon at her neck, therefore she couldn't move :ton:

Stel4eto
27-06-07, 18:42
Lara has no time for S*X, she is busy raiding tombs. Of course she would be happy to get felt up. She wants even more, but the game can be played by under 16, so... ;)

gtkilla
27-06-07, 18:44
gtkilla - She didn't like it, she had no choice. Kurtis had a weapon at her neck, therefore she couldn't move :ton:

Don't deny it, you know she enjoyed it...she was even biting her lower lip in anticipation! :p And if she couldn't move, why did she turn around suddenly, what was she planning to do? Plus, she shouldn't have even waited 'til the gun was pressed to her neck, she should've just did a 180 and snuffed him...like CD Lara did. :p

Angel_14
27-06-07, 18:49
You're right... And even if she enjoyed it, what's the problem? in AoD Lara obviously wanted some friendly touches.She's a woman and has needs, you know:p

gtkilla
27-06-07, 18:59
^ Even if that were the case, why would Lara satisfy her need for some friendly touches by letting some stranger grope her lady parts? That doesn't seem very Lara to me...;) What if the guy behind her wasn't Kurtis at all, what if it was....Eckhart :eek: or that fat reporter guy from Prague? :yik: :ton: I don't think you'd be defending her honor as you are now, if that were the case. :p

NightWish
27-06-07, 19:11
For the conrtrary - Lara didnt enjoy it AT FIRST! At 1st she thoughtt that some slimey bouchard lookalike was feeling her up and was atking her painting But then she saw that Kurtis is easy on the eyes and...not that she knew about it but avtualy - the paining is his' lol

Stel4eto
27-06-07, 19:22
Lara is one h.o.r.n.y. girl, but that what's happening when you can play with all these big guns! :ton: mmm.

Aria
27-06-07, 19:30
For the conrtrary - Lara didnt enjoy it AT FIRST! At 1st she thoughtt that some slimey bouchard lookalike was feeling her up and was atking her painting But then she saw that Kurtis is easy on the eyes and...not that she knew about it but avtualy - the paining is his' lol

:vlol::vlol::vlol:

There should be an continuation IMO. I never suffered any bugs or really noticed the holes, to be honest i didn't even know it was only half done or whatever. :ton: I think the game has lots to still offer, so may different places and tombs to explore. There is lost history's and myths to exploit and of course Kurtis. :p
There are lots of twists and turns that could be involved too, but only if it happens....:confused:

marms2005
27-06-07, 20:25
quite frankly i think everyone would have been more satisfied if it was lara feeling up on the guy. then no one would be complaining :)

(She did in the Tomb Raider movies...and it was hot LOL)

tranniversary119
27-06-07, 22:28
Core is gone crystal has the hands to do whatever they want with tomb raider.

I honestly think AOD sequel would be the last thing they would do if they really needed to make a game? Which won't be happening.

If you expecting Core to come back there gone they have no rights to tomb raider anymore.

Eidos is focusing on the Legend storyline.

Then quite possibly making new ones.

Vickkyyy
27-06-07, 23:01
i think they should re-do and FINISH AOD.

TRBeth
28-06-07, 00:43
They can focus on Legend, and my prediction is that Legend2 will take a big dive if it is a repeat of Legend1. Many fans are just not interested in that storyline or the changes that were made to Lara. And not many were interested in the other Legend characters.

CD should break off from Legend and start working on a real game that is in keeping wih Tomb Raider and who Lara Croft is. Legend story, charaters and plot is just dead, imo.

Gregori
28-06-07, 00:51
They can focus on Legend, and my prediction is that Legend2 will take a big dive if it is a repeat of Legend1. Many fans are just not interested in that storyline or the changes that were made to Lara. And not many were interested in the other Legend characters.

CD should break off from Legend and start working on a real game that is in keeping wih Tomb Raider and who Lara Croft is. Legend story, charaters and plot is just dead, imo.

I might not like Legend, but I sure wish they would finish the storyline before moving on to a new one, we don't want to see the same thing that happened with AOD!

lara_fanatic
28-06-07, 00:56
I think AOD should be REMADE so that it could be the way it was supposed to be. I think Crystal D. could pull it off:)

gtkilla
28-06-07, 01:10

Believe it or not, the Legend story is popular among casual gamers and critics, it even won an award(the story). The fans only make up a small percentage of the entire playerbase and not all fans dislike the Legend story(as you put it). So that really only leaves an even smaller percentage. Plus, they already have a huge story arc planned out that connects TR:L, TR:A/1 and possibly AoD's storyline together, so just scrapping all of that work, effort and planning would be a complete waste, not to mention a shame.

E.S
01-07-07, 02:05
^ Even if that were the case, why would Lara satisfy her need for some friendly touches by letting some stranger grope her lady parts? That doesn't seem very Lara to me...;) What if the guy behind her wasn't Kurtis at all, what if it was....Eckhart :eek: or that fat reporter guy from Prague? :yik: :ton: I don't think you'd be defending her honor as you are now, if that were the case. :p

EWW EWW EWW WTF!!?!?!?!!?
OMG IF IT WAS THE FAT REPORTER!!!!! THEAT WOULD BE JUST REVOLTING!!!! EWW I MUST REMOVE THE THOUGHT FROM MY HEAD!!!!!!!!

E.S
01-07-07, 02:09

i agree. legend was a cool game but the story line totally sucked. alot. it WAS fun but not so fun that if there's a bug in the last level that won't let you kill amanda you wanna do something about it and eventually you forget about it. that happened to me.

Sara Croft
01-07-07, 02:15
Plus, they already have a huge story arc planned out that connects TR:L, TR:A/1 and possibly AoD's storyline together, so just scrapping all of that work, effort and planning would be a complete waste, not to mention a shame.
Have they confirmed it? (If not, i do hope they connect a little, but not too much.)
Tying up too much would 99% of the time mean end of the franchise.
But for the love of god, I'd pay high prizes to see her old bio and attitude back! :D

tranniversary119
01-07-07, 05:54
Keep on wishing there wont be one I CAN guarentee you that. They wouldnt skip 1..2..3..4..5...and then just go to 6...Not happening GET OVER IT ALREADY CORE HAS NO RIGHTS TO TOMB RAIDER NO MORE!

EIDOS AND CD I DOUBT wanna go back to AOD

gtkilla
01-07-07, 06:25
Have they confirmed it? (If not, i do hope they connect a little, but not too much.)
Tying up too much would 99% of the time mean end of the franchise.
But for the love of god, I'd pay high prizes to see her old bio and attitude back! :D

It doesn't really need to be confirmed, you just need to look at all the coincidences within TR:L, TR:A/1 and AoD. They're definitely planning something great! :cln: And I don't think tying up too much would be the end of the series, it'd just provide some really great closure for all these great unfinished stories. And whatever that closure is, "it cannot be stopped because it's already in motion"(:p) and it has been since early Legend development.

And I don't really care for her old bio or attitude anymore since I love the ones in Legend and Anniversary. I'd prefer it if Lara snuffed a guy who held a gun to her head rather than Lara submitting to the gunman and their nasty perverted ways, then feeling all emotionally wounded after he's gone.

Yeoman
01-07-07, 08:01
Keep on wishing there wont be one I CAN guarentee you that. They wouldnt skip 1..2..3..4..5...and then just go to 6...Not happening GET OVER IT ALREADY CORE HAS NO RIGHTS TO TOMB RAIDER NO MORE!

EIDOS AND CD I DOUBT wanna go back to AOD

please don't tell me to get over it whilst using caps already. ;)

Well, to me, AOD had the most appealing story line to be continued, I'm assuming your refearing to remaking 2,3,4,5 in your post. Well CD is in charge now as you mentioned, who says they wouldn't skip those 4 ? After all, 4 and 5 are the only two sort of linked, and all of them are more 1 off games. AOD is set for a continuation, it is a story un-finished.

TRBeth
02-07-07, 01:59
Now that we know just how much of AOD was hacked to death, it would be seriously cool to see the game in its entirety...either a remake by CD, or a completed remastering done.

Face it, AOD had the most engrossing store-line to-date in Tomb Raider. That game was like reading a murder mystery.

I wouldn't say Lara was groped either. Just relieved of her deadly assets in a a vaguely appealing manner. lol

krycekuva
02-07-07, 02:53
the game was really interesting,.. sad it was so incomplette,.. so much as to be really buggy and as to have many empty places or boring levels as parisian getho,..i think once they focus on the game and try to remake it from scratch with next gen engine, and with all the features the game was thought to have,.. it would be a great game,.. the best, or almost... but for that every feature should be included, from kurtis trent, to the whole dialoguin on the streets, plus the whole new movements from legend and anniversary games...

tranniversary119
02-07-07, 16:05
No AOD wont be touched anymore Core has no rights and Eidos didn't want to do it in the first place.

Rivendell
02-07-07, 16:08
Eidos didn't want to do it in the first place.

:vlol: What?

Edit: I getcha now. However the fact is they did want to do it "in the first place". It was what happened later on that made them change developers.

I wonder if you've seen the original 'Crystal Dynamics' Lara renders?

Angel_14
02-07-07, 16:15
No AOD wont be touched anymore Core has no rights and Eidos didn't want to do it in the first place.

Hehe, this reminds me a conversation from one of my comics...
Lara: Do you regret that Core made us to be partners?
Kurtis: Are you?
Lara: I asked first. Besides, it wasn't all my decision. I didn't want it in the first place.
Kurtis: All I know is that I asked them to give me an own game. But no, you said...

:p

Anyways, I think they should do at least a remake of AoD. They can't leave it hanging like that!

Lior_K
02-07-07, 16:30
(...)Anyways, I think they should do at least a remake of AoD. They can't leave it hanging like that!

A scary thought that crossed my mind:

2 Years after the events of TRL2 - Lara meets with Amanda in Paris:

Amanda: Help me Lara. I'm tracking 5 Obscura Paintings for a client named Echkhardt...but he's a psychopath.
Lara: Why should *I* care?
Amanda: Because I'm being stocked! People are dying out there!
Lara: Avalon, Amanda! You walked away and left me!
(...)

:vlol:

lita212
02-07-07, 16:34

i actually 1000% agree. i would want core to continue it as they know how it would continue and end whereas cd would just think of a new story to it which could be totally the wrong direction that series would have gone.
i loved aod even though it was buggy.
after watching the making of it i realised that they made it in the city etc because it was the only way to bring her back and they also said it was a matter of time and where we would find out wot happend after tr4 which means that they didnt actually suggest that we would have found out in aod like we all thought.

NightWish
02-07-07, 19:39
I think Crystal proved that they can make an entertaining game - Toby messess things up - he should go. We just need back the smith brothers and Murty (the guy who wrote the aod plot) back - and we will ahve a perfect game ;)

lita212
03-07-07, 00:03
I think Crystal proved that they can make an entertaining game - Toby messess things up - he should go. We just need back the smith brothers and Murty (the guy who wrote the aod plot) back - and we will ahve a perfect game ;)

oh i didnt know that bout the writer. yeh if cd got the writer then the game would be perfect.

DluR
03-07-07, 21:57
noooo no crystal dynamics version of AOD! That would be horrible. Lara with superpowers, all pink and girly and no Kurtis probably. oh, and no story or short and unattractive story.

NightWish
03-07-07, 22:24
I approbe a crystal dynamics game only if Toby gard is gone the smith brothers are in his place and they have ,urty back to finish the story properly ;)

pinkwave54
05-07-07, 04:22
Unlike many people :p I too loved "Angel of Darkness", bugs and all! I never thought I'd say THAT! :rolleyes: even with the annoying load times. I loved the story line. Yes I know it wasn't very "Tomby", but it was a nice change. I enjoyed being above ground and it had a more modern feel and more interaction which I enjoyed. It was actually more creepy than the earlier "Tomby" games in my opinion. Especially the Sanitarium. I remember playing at night and I couldn't wait to get out of there :eek: I just finished playing "Anniversary" and I loved that too :confused: I'd like to see more exploring and mystery instead of fighting bosses though. :(

NightWish
05-07-07, 15:32
OIf u like it then have u heard of the aod petotion? have u signed it :D

lita212
05-07-07, 15:59
Unlike many people :p I too loved "Angel of Darkness", bugs and all! I never thought I'd say THAT! :rolleyes: even with the annoying load times. I loved the story line. Yes I know it wasn't very "Tomby", but it was a nice change. I enjoyed being above ground and it had a more modern feel and more interaction which I enjoyed. It was actually more creepy than the earlier "Tomby" games in my opinion. Especially the Sanitarium. I remember playing at night and I couldn't wait to get out of there :eek: I just finished playing "Anniversary" and I loved that too :confused: I'd like to see more exploring and mystery instead of fighting bosses though. :(

agreed it was a nice change especially after having a full game in egypt. omg how i hated that game lol i just couldnt wait to end it lol

pinkwave54
05-07-07, 16:51
Yes, I've signed the petition :D I really enjoyed "Anniversary", but I enjoyed "AOD" more.
Well wait...hmmm...I didn't really enjoy "Anniversary" all that much. It was way too difficult fighting ALL the bosses :eek: I admit to downloading a few saved games :whi: It was lovely to look at though :o
I have to be honest here, I would probably buy and play ANY new Tomb Raider game. I've played every game more than once as well as custom levels so when a new game comes out I can't wait to play :jmp: I have to say I still really really enjoyed AOD the most though. I know that goes against most TR fans...but oh well :ton: I loved everything about it, except the bugs and slow load times. I have to admit that was pretty annoying, so I must have REALLY loved it! :D