PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaurs

darknight
26-06-07, 21:47
I never played the first tomb raider and I am wondering if I'm missing something, why are there dinosaurs in some Peruvian desert ruins? How could the have survived the radical climate changes and the ice age that followed the death of the other dinosaurs? Also, how would they have gotten enough food to survive? 9 Raptors and a T-Rex living off of a couple of wolves? Don't think so. (Please forgive me for being so nerdy):confused:

Xian Priestess
26-06-07, 21:51
I never played the first tomb raider and I am wondering if I'm missing something, why are there dinosaurs in some Peruvian desert ruins? How could the have survived the radical climate changes and the ice age that followed the death of the other dinosaurs? Also, how would they have gotten enough food to survive? 9 Raptors and a T-Rex living off of a couple of wolves? Don't think so. (Please forgive me for being so nerdy):confused:

Ahem - it's a game. It's a fantasy. There probably are no 7,000 year old women in Atlantis either! :D ;) And there sure as heck isn't a woman alive who can go through a hundred ruined tombs without taking a drink or a bite to eat. :D:D

Tihocan9
26-06-07, 21:51

Umm its a video game so it doesnt really have to be realistic and it was in TR1 so it has to be in TRA because it was a really big thing in TR1, Perhaps they became vegitarians and when they saw laras colorful shirt they though it was a big flower :ton: I try not to question video games I think it shows obssetion.

Danosix
26-06-07, 22:03
The lost valley was supposed to be an area that time forgot. A lot of the things in TR1 didn't make much real sense, the idea of being attacked by dinosaurs seemed good. It was such a memorable moment in TR1 that they couldn't just remove it so that's why there are dinosaurs there.

Zamboni
26-06-07, 22:11
Those are not dinosaurs. They are in fact, not even real. None of the animals in the ancient ruins are real.

Those are nothing more than holographic projections left by the ancient civilizations to protect their secrets.

In fact, when you kill an animal, be it wolf, bear, or raptor, it disintegrates into nothingness, much like you would delete an obsolete program.

Now you may ask why would a holographic animal die? Alas, as advanced as these creations were, bullets can still disrupt their holo-matrix. When the disruptions reach a critical point the program simply "dies" to halt a matrix overload, or more commonly observed, a blue screen of death.

Lastly, the "corpse" of that T-Rex does not disintegrate when "dead". This is a common misconception. It does in fact, disintegrate the moment Lara "kills" it. However, for such a large holo-image it takes a long time to decompile all the data (what can I say, they're ancient, they're still using Pentium Ones, maybe even Atari 400). If you observe the "dead" T-Rex continuously for 72 hours, it will in fact, disappear.

I hope that answers all your questions. Next time on "How'd Lara Do It?", we tackle the mystery "why does she wear shorts in snow"?

MoonSword
26-06-07, 22:37
@ Zamboni: :vlol:

Lara is the one. Take the red artefact and see how deep the rabbit's hole goes. :D

Legends
26-06-07, 22:39
I've never really thought of it like that. Of course, logically the Dinosaurs would be extinct, and even in a "Lost Valley" they wouldn't be able to survive. However, this is just a game, and they've created the dinosaurs to create a scarier and deeper atmosphere. If we just think logically, nothing of in this game would be possible. The Scion, Atlantis, Atlanteans, Tihocan, Qualopec. A game isn’t created to be just like the life we live in, that’s the great part. When we play Tomb Raider, we enter a “world” where a lot of things are possible.

EDIT: To be honest, I think there was a lack of dinosaurs in TR:A. I wish there were more Raptors in the Lost Valley.

Tomb Raider Master
26-06-07, 22:44
I wish there were more Raptors in the Lost Valley.
Same for me.

Blackmoor
26-06-07, 22:58
Those are not dinosaurs. They are in fact, not even real. None of the animals in the ancient ruins are real.

Those are nothing more than holographic projections left by the ancient civilizations to protect their secrets.

In fact, when you kill an animal, be it wolf, bear, or raptor, it disintegrates into nothingness, much like you would delete an obsolete program.

Now you may ask why would a holographic animal die? Alas, as advanced as these creations were, bullets can still disrupt their holo-matrix. When the disruptions reach a critical point the program simply "dies" to halt a matrix overload, or more commonly observed, a blue screen of death.

Lastly, the "corpse" of that T-Rex does not disintegrate when "dead". This is a common misconception. It does in fact, disintegrate the moment Lara "kills" it. However, for such a large holo-image it takes a long time to decompile all the data (what can I say, they're ancient, they're still using Pentium Ones, maybe even Atari 400). If you observe the "dead" T-Rex continuously for 72 hours, it will in fact, disappear.

I hope that answers all your questions. Next time on "How'd Lara Do It?", we tackle the mystery "why does she wear shorts in snow"?Lol. :D

*Sits ready waiting agog to find out why does Lara wear shorts in snow*

lol @ "How'd Lara Do It?" ... cracks me up for some reason. :vlol: :D :D

AmericanAssassin
26-06-07, 23:52
I've always consider The Lost Valley to be a mystical alternate time rift of sorts... created by Qualopec to guard his (future) tomb. Maybe I've thought too much, but, oh well...

Sekhraider
27-06-07, 00:01
I always thought of "The Lost Valley" as being "The Lost World" or even similar to "Journey to the Center of the Earth", where the explorers encounter mysterious beings and animals that are supposed to be extinct. Hey you never know, the world may be small and man may have conquered every known part of it but one place that man has not seen or been to is the center of the world. Aliens and mythological beings may exsist. Makes for a good story and video game, don't cha think?

Besides, I think that the dinosaurs are other mutations that Natla experimented with as she created her undead army. So that's why they havent succumbed to time and died, because they are younger and fresher than their dino ancestors. Younger and fresher as in clones or genetics marvels. Why do you think the raptors are red like the red Atlanteans? The are related through Natla's meddling with mother-nature

If you play the original you'll see what I mean as the Mummies and the Atlanteans are exactly the same color as the raptors

gtkilla
27-06-07, 00:03
Qualopec created those dinosaurs to guard the Scion in his tomb.

bloodstormaoa
27-06-07, 00:08
^

Thats what I always thought too:D

Sekhraider
27-06-07, 00:10
Well if Natla didnt created the dinos with the scion and Qualopec did, its still gene manipulation of something that was already dead but of course using an unearthly power :)

darknight
27-06-07, 01:46
The lost valley was supposed to be an area that time forgot. A lot of the things in TR1 didn't make much real sense, the idea of being attacked by dinosaurs seemed good. It was such a memorable moment in TR1 that they couldn't just remove it so that's why there are dinosaurs there.

Ahh, a land that time forgot, now that makes sense, now that I can live with!http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif
:p

CAISACO
27-06-07, 01:53

AHHH!! :yik: You sound like my sisters NERDY borfriend. No offense, but he picks apart everything we watch or something else we do, such as movies or whatever. Example:
We were watching Mulan ( A Disney classic movie ) And he goes " Those Huns (Chinese group) were never that big, they were little people!" And also " The horses they were riding were never that big!!"
Sorry. :vlol:
Tomb raider has NEVER been a realistic game. I mean from game 1. No one in the world is as flexible as Lara Croft. Can go without food for that long, have a bottomless backpack. Fight dinosaurs, Natla isn't real. Don't get me started on all of the things that aren't real in all TR games!!! ;)
Tomb Raider will always be unrealistic, and I like it that way. But CD is making it a little more realistic. Example: Dirt on Lara, she can get wet now. She has feelings. List goes on of the realistic and unrealistic things in Tomb raider :)

Forwen
27-06-07, 02:35
Ah, an old story. Whenever and wherever at least two TR worshipers gather an innocent bystander is almost certain to hear, sooner or later, one of the eternal questions of nature of the unseen: who the hell left a pack of shotgun ammo in an ancient tomb of a god, where'd Lara dump several cubic meters of sand she'd dug up with nary a spoon and such. I've got to say, though, that Zamboni's answer to them is one of the best I've ever had the luck to read.

Zamboni
27-06-07, 03:08
@ Zamboni: :vlol:

Lara is the one. Take the red artefact and see how deep the rabbit's hole goes. :DSadly, Lara's bust prevents her from poking further down the hole. Suffice it to say, there's a reason why she usually choose ruins with grand halls and incredible caverns. Not many places in this world can house her, shall we say, mountainous figures.

@ Caisaco:

You see that button above the "shift" key? It's called the "cap lock". It makes the big letters turn small... I know that you look down on those of us in the "nerdom" and that computer skills are completely unnecessary in today's world. But rest assured, most of us can read both capitals, and small case letters.

CAISACO
27-06-07, 03:16
@ Caisaco:

You see that button above the "shift" key? It's called the "cap lock". It makes the big letters turn small... I know that you look down on those of us in the "nerdom" and that computer skills are completely unnecessary in today's world. But rest assured, most of us can read both capitals, and small case letters.

Ok, thanks for the VERY useful tip. :tea:
This is how I type, and shouldn't be corrected for it :wve:

Taylour
27-06-07, 03:22
Because dinos still exsist silly! I have a raptor in my backyard. I feed it small children's dogs, and sometimes even small children!! :D

CAISACO
27-06-07, 03:24
Because dinos still exsist silly! I have a raptor in my backyard. I feed it small children's dogs, and sometimes even small children!! :D

Wow...your funny *Not being sarcastic *
:vlol:

spikesavenger
27-06-07, 04:12

I hope that answers all your questions. Next time on "How'd Lara Do It?", we tackle the mystery "why does she wear shorts in snow"?

LOL!! I think I love you.

Zamboni
27-06-07, 04:34
LOL!! I think I love you.
Of course you do. I love myself too. I'm so lovable...
*goes off to give himself some 'lovin'*

Wow...your funny *Not being sarcastic *
:vlol:
Oh great... You broke another sarcasto-metre... THESE THINGS DON'T COME CHEAP YA KNOW!? Next time I buy one I'm setting it to "comic book shop guy" sensitivity... Or maybe "Dennis Miller"? Nah, I hate that guy.

*goes off to give himself some more 'lovin'*

CAISACO
27-06-07, 04:40
Of course you do. I love myself too. I'm so lovable...
*goes off to give himself some 'lovin'*

Oh great... You broke another sarcasto-metre... THESE THINGS DON'T COME CHEAP YA KNOW!? Next time I buy one I'm setting it to "comic book shop guy" sensitivity... Or maybe "Dennis Miller"? Nah, I hate that guy.

*goes off to give himself some more 'lovin'*

lol

bloodmoon
27-06-07, 06:11
Ask the dino's foreign friends, Natla's mutants:ton:

Dark Lugia 2
27-06-07, 07:05
It's also amazing that you can play for 24 hours straight and Lara does'nt want to go tinkle :p well it is a gam.. ^-^ :P

silver_wolf
27-06-07, 07:10
Well, I always figured that the power of the scion preserves life around it,explaining how dinos,bears,lions,monkeys,wolves,etc; can survive for just about ever until lara comes along. It also keeps the ruins mostly intact,which is why as soon as lara takes the scion everything falls apart. But I like the hologram idea too :D

daventry
27-06-07, 12:47
whats also weird "if theres a TR2 Remake" that in some big hole at the Wall Of China Lara gets attacked by 2 T-Rex that appears out of nowhere.

Zamboni
27-06-07, 15:10
whats also weird "if theres a TR2 Remake" that in some big hole at the Wall Of China Lara gets attacked by 2 T-Rex that appears out of nowhere.
Well Chinese are smart. If they put their mind to it, I'm sure they can make T-Rex's... Not only that, they'll be made with half the cost and come with badly translated manuals...