PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Forums Walkthrough Competition - Submission Thread

God Horus
30-06-07, 17:59
The Tomb Raider Forums Write A Walkthrough
Competition
EACH CONTESTANT MUST WRITE A WALK THROUGH FOR ANY MADE UP TOMB RAIDER LEVEL.

Walkthroughs must be at least 2 paragraphs, 4 sentences each paragraph.

Contestants will be immediately disqualified if walkthroughs are stolen from TRLE websites, or any other websites.

Deadline is July 9th 2007.

All Walkthroughs must be for Tomb Raider.

Example: Level 1 - The Gates of Avalon

Pickups - 1 Prison Key
- 1 Large Medical Pack
- 1 Small Medical Pack
- 4 Flares
- Shotgun Shells
- Grappling Hook

Kills - 4 Avalonian Creatures
- 2 Mercenaries
- 3 Crocodiles

Artifacts - 3 Gemstones

Walkthrough - As soon as the level begins, be prepared for an interactive cutscene. Stab the correct button.

After the cutscene, immediately draw weapons. Shoot the two mercenaries. Run forwards, and be on the look out for some shotgun shells. Afterwards, run towards the water, and jump in. Swim forwards until you hear some chomping. Turn around and swim as fast as you can back to shore. Climb out and kill 2 crocodiles. Jump in the water, and swim into a small tunnel. Climb out at the end and run forwards. Kill the Crocodile, and take the Small MediPack it leaves behind.

Shoot the board and take the Pack of Flares (4). Turn around, and pull the lever.

Cutscene Watch as Lara falls into the pit and is ambushed by Amanda and Rutland .....

Now, of course the contestants will make it more creative than my little example.

A very good suggestion is the Tomb Raider Peru TRLE (http://www.trle.net/walk/989.htm)walkthrough. You can either use my technique or the TR Peru Technique. It's up to you.

If you have any questions, please PM me, as I want to keep this thread with submissions ONLY. Thank you!

We will find out if you do copy a TRLE walkthrough, as this forum has a lot of people, and alot of those people are going to look at the results of the competition, and say "Hey, I recall that walkthrough very similar to th game I just played" and BAM your caught.

Important Notes About Competition-
-July 10th is only the current deadline it could be moved up or down, depending on the submission

larson n natla
30-06-07, 19:00
kills: 5

Sharks: 2
Infected crew: 3

Pick-ups

Large medipacks: 0
Small medipacks: 0
Wepons:2
Keys:1

Hint if you are attacked by the Infected crew then you must finish the level quickly or you will die

.....After the hatch closes run forwards and pull the lever, a trapdoor will open beneath you plunging you into the depths of the ocean. Immediatly start swimming towards the broken wreck, notice that two sharks are close by.

Once you reach the ship swim to the left, there you will find a hole into which you can swim. Keep swiming down the corridor (by now lara will be using her health as a substitute for breath) Vault up out of the water once you reach the end.

Now run over to the oak draws and find the Harpoon gun and the Captains key now climb on top of the draws and open the hatch above....

(A cutscene will occur in which 3 men will fall from the opened hatch, they are all scared and ripe with green gashes)

Once the cutscene has finished run over to the water, DO NOT fall into it the sharks are lurking below. Wait for the crew to come over to you and jump with a roll in the air and fire your weapon.

(a cutscene will occur once more showing the crew falling into the water and being ravaged by sharks)

hint if you were infected by them then a yellow bar will appear, this is the infection meter when its full lara will die so be quick

Jump on to the draws again and climb through the previously opened hatch, vault up on to the bunkbed and grab the Flamethrower go to the end of the cabin and use the Flamethrower on the door it will melt and you can climb through

Take notice of the sharks banging against the glass if they break the glass then your dead.

Run as quickly as you can to the Captains door and use the Captains key..

(A cutscene will show the windows break as lara enters the water tight door)

Pick up the emergency key on the bed and turn to your right a book is loose from the library, pull it and a secret passage will open. It leads to the emergency sub.

Walk up to the sub and watch the cutscene......

Hy presto you finished the level :)

(if you want all kills then grab the flamethrower and burn the crew, then wait till the window smashes and fire the harpoons at the sharks, though by doing this you have to go back to the start of level in order to pull a switch to open the captains door)

I DID NOT copy tr2 i had the idea about the underwater levels but i made my own level up its short but is it ok as an entry

God Horus
30-06-07, 19:04
Alright, but for nexttime could you please put all of it together in one post? Thank you. Also, you can edit your post containing your walkthrough as many times as you want until the thread is closed.

larson n natla
01-07-07, 10:35
done horus

Bowie
01-07-07, 22:53
LARA CROFT TOMB RAIDER: RACE OF EVIL
LEVEL 23: INSIDE ULURU

PART ONE:

Secrets:
3 golden boomerangs

Kills:
4 Dingos
4 Crocodiles
1 Flock of crows

Pick-ups:
1 large medipak
1 small medipak
3 sets of Uzi clips
1 pair of Uzis
1 set of shotgun shells
1 pack of flares
1 canister of snakebite antidote

Artifacts:
None

Cut scene: NORTHERN TERRITORY, AUSTRALIA. Lara rides her jeep along a dusty road, coming to a halt and stepping out of the car, while a panoramic view shows a daunting Uluru (Ayer’s Rock) in the distance. She whips out her binoculars and can see some shifting shadowy figures at the base of the rock. A close-up of Lara’s squinting eyes, as she lowers her binoculars, reveals her chilling disturbance. “Ahh, Karel,” Lara mutters to herself. “Why is it that the most devilish plans always unravel in environments well over a hundred degrees Fahrenheit? Indeed, never a better time to act cool.” She dons a pair of orange sunglasses. The camera pans to her feet. She dashes toward the giant red rock.

OUTDOOR TERRAIN WITH TREES AND OASIS: After sliding down, run to the left and go behind the bush to pick up the Uzi clips, the pack of flares and the Uzis left by the rotting archaeologist corpse. You are faced with a path to the left with three trees, and a lower area ahead with an oasis. To get some extra pick-ups and secret #1, continue to the left. Pocket some more Uzi clips by the far bush, then find and position yourself on the raised rock behind the third, furthest tree. Run-jump up to the nearest branch and pull up. Hop to the branch behind you and climb to the upper level of branches. Walk across to face the middle tree and long-jump to it. Pick up the large medipak. Continue by navigating the branches to the opposite side. Step to the very edge of the branch and tap backwards, holding the edge with action. Drop down to the branch beneath, while holding action, and climb up. Enter the tree and drop down inside to pick up the golden boomerang. Return to the branch and drop from the tree.

Return to the opening area and continue forward. Slide down while drawing your weapons. 2 dingos will appear from behind the oasis of trees. Execute them and enter the water. A crocodile will appear behind you, so promptly exit the pond and shoot it from dry land. Take a deep breath, jump back in and follow the long, cavernous submerged pathways and re-emerge in a second oasis closer to Uluru.

SECOND AND THIRD OASES: This time a crocodile is waiting for you outside the water. Surface at the furthest distance possible and dispose of it. This area is full of poisonous snakes hiding in bushes. To get to the third oasis, carefully follow the widest path between the bushes to avoid being fatally bitten. The shortcut with the small medipak is a useless trap. When you’re about halfway through, a dingo will appear, making life difficult. No wonder dingos are considered a national pest. Use the shotgun if you have it to quickly kill it. Enter the third oasis. The underwater tunnels are longer this time, so you may need to save before attempting the swim. If you want secret #2, you will need to return to the oasis for air: to get it, each time the path diverges, you must, in order, take the left turn, then the down turn, then the right turn. (All the other turns are literally dead ends.) The correct path leads to a dark cave area that seems to be inside Uluru. Hop out of the water, light a flare and pick up the second golden boomerang. Through a small gap you get a cool glimpse of a later area. Make your way back to the third oasis the way you came in (i.e., this time turning left, up and right, in order).

FINAL OASIS, TREES AND SIDE OF ULURU: Instead of taking the left turn for the secret, turn right, and follow the tunnels to end up in a fourth oasis guarded by 2 swimming crocodiles. There is only one place you can get out of the water: it is directly opposite where you enter the large body of water. Kill the dingo, then the crocs. Jump back in the water to get Uzi clips and a small medipak. Out of the water are five trees and a number of tall, eroded red rocks. The two isolated bushes are both snake infested.

First, go to the tree furthest from the water. Climb onto the rock next to it then climb up to its branches and pick up the shotgun shells. Then find the tree with the bush at its roots and climb up to the branch. Long-jump to the tall rock behind you, short-jump to the next rock then long-jump to a third. Long-jump over to the closest tree. Climb up to the canopy and long-jump to the nearby rock. Drop below and slide down to pick up the snakebite antidote. It can only be used once. Do not use it on the snakes here. Continue to slide down and return to the tree area, and retrace your steps back up to the same canopy as just before. Jump over the bushes with the snakes to gain access to the other two trees, landing on the branch of the smaller nearby tree to avoid significant health loss. Carefully drop to the ground below.

Run over to the crack in the SIDE OF ULURU and jump up. Follow the crack along to the first part of the slope, climb up and backflip onto the fifth tree. A flock of four crows will appear. Shoot them down, go to the other side of the canopy of this tree, turn around, tap back and drop below onto the branch beneath you. Climb up and face the tall rock to the side. Long-jump over and climb up. Long-jump back onto the side of Uluru, this time a little further across than before. Cling on to the edge and follow along to the right, pulling up at the end. The path now involves jumping to and from the less-steep parts of the upwards slope. At the uppermost platform, you need to do a running jump to the left, which will cause you to slide back down to where the crack was, only you are above it. Follow this all the way to the left, pull up at the end and backflip onto a very tall rocky crag. You will begin to automatically slide down backwards.

For secret #3, immediately backflip and land on a nearby rocky area. This area is full of holes covered by bush, and containing infestations of termites. Carefully stay on the small square you landed on while turning to the right and walking to the edge. Tap backwards and run-jump over several bushy holes. Drop down in front of you and pick up the third golden boomerang. Retrace your steps and jump back onto the slippery rock.

You will slide through a bush-covered hole. Eventually, a red boulder will follow you down the slide. At the bottom, side-jump to the right to avoid a painful flattening. (The cave is narrow so you won’t jump far, but it’s just enough.) Follow to the right through the tunnels of the cave. It is pitch-black so a flare or two is essential.

WATER CAVERN: Eventually you emerge in a medium-sized cavern with a shallow pool of water and a splash of light coming through the crack you traversed earlier.

TO BE CONTINUED …

VonCroy360
02-07-07, 08:52
My entry:

FOOTHILLS TO AVALON

Pickups:
Shotgun (1)
Large medipak (1)
Small medipak (4)
Compass (1)
Uzi clips (1)
Shotgun shells (3)

Kills:
Bats (3+IC)
Rats (2)
Stone gargoyles (5)

Artifacts:

Cutscene: We see a large romanian castle. The camera zooms to the left of the castle and we see Lara riding on her snowmobile. She reaches the ledge and stops, having no where to go. She gets off the snowmobile.

BEGINNING OF THE LEVEL/CAVES: Notice the slope on the left, but don't go there just yet. Instead, go to the right and climb the three ledges to reach cave #1, containing a compass. Jump from the highest of the three ledges towards the snowmobile and quickly equip your grapple. Lara will hang and you need to climb to the top of the rope, and then jump towards the opening behind you (right above cave #1) to reach cave #2. Kill the bats there and then collect Large medipak and artifact #1. Jump through the opening in the floor leading back to cave #1. Climb down the ledges, back to where you left the snowmobile.

VILLAGE: Now slide the slope to the left. A boulder will start rolling behind you, so jump to the left or to the right when you reach the bottom of the slope. Notice there are six cabins and a small church here. Notice that the doors to the church's yard are locked. First go to the first cabin on the left and collect Shotgun and a Small medipak inside. The doors to the next two cabins on the left are locked, so go to the first cabin on the right. Use the switch, which will open the door to the third cabin on the left. Go there, collect the Uzi clips and use a switch to open a trapdoor in the third cabin to the right. The second cabin to the right is also locked, so go to the third one to the right and through the trapdoor. Kill the two rats and then continue through the dark passage. At the end, you will see a red target, so shoot it to open the trapdoor above you. Use the ladder to climb above. You climb through the floor of the church, so go to the main church door. You exit in the churches yard. Grab the ledge above the first church window to the right. Jump to the left to grab the ledge above the door. Now jump up to grab the church roof. Climb up.

THE CLIMB UP THE MOUNTAIN: Now you need to climb up the mountain to reach the castle you saw in the opening cutscene. Run from the church roof to grab the first ledge. Jump up to grap the ledge above it, and the again to the next one above it. Shimmy to the left and jump to the left to grab another ledge. Jump to the left and quickly use your grapple to perform a wall run. Finish the wall run with the jump to the left. Jump up to grap another ledge and climb on top of it. You can see the ledge is shaking so jump to the top of the one on the right before it collapses. Now jump to grab the ledge above you, and then once again to climb the next one above. You can see the red target on the wall right to you. Shoot it to break the stones and reveal the wall hook. Jump to the right, perform a wall run and jump to grab the regular hook on the right. Swing it to the rgiht and grab the ledge. Notice the hole in the wall to your right side, but for now jump up to grab another ledge and climb up to it. Roll through the hall in the wall of the castle.

THE CASTLE ENTRANCE/MAIN HALL: In the first room you arrive in, collect the Small medipak and continue up the stairs to the main hall of the castle. The two stone gargoyles attack you. If you have the Uzis, use them, cause the gargoyles can also throw stone and fire balls at you, so you need to move fast. After you killed them, climb the main castle stairs. All the doors on the first floor are locked, except for the first and last one to the left. So go through the first one to the left and collect two sets of Shotgun shells and a Small medipak. Now go to the last door to the left to reach the castle library.

THE LIBRARY: Climb the ladder to the first platform. Collect the Small medipak and notice the books to the left that contain the clues to solving the puzzle on the second platform. Basically the books describe the correct place each animal has on the puzzle. Now climb up the ladder to the second platform. Use the compass and place the stone blocks with pictures of animal on the pressure pad they're supposed to go. The bird faces north, the cat south, the bat west, and the fish east. If you placed all of them correctly, the door back in the main hall will open. Return to the main hall and go through the door you just opened (to the left if you're looking from the main castle stairs).

THE DARK HALLWAY: You can barely see anything here, so just run forward until you see a blue sign meaning you can use your grapple her. Jump and swing over the hole. Continue running to another hole. Jump again and you'll reach the end of the hallway. Use the switch which will open the door in the main hall (oposite to the dark hallway door, to the right if you're looking from the main castle stairs).

Cutscene: We see the floor below Lara collapsing, and Lara falling to a slope. She starts sliding.

INTERACTIVE CUTSCENE: Use the keys left and right when necessary to avoid the rocks falling around you and up to shoot the bats flying around. At the end of the slope, quickly use up to grab the ledge.

TIMED SWITCHES: You may notice you're back at one of the ledges you climbed before to reach the castle. The hole on your right is the one you came throug after the interactive cutscene. Jump up to grab the ledge above you and climb on top of it. Go through the passageway and then up the stairs to the main hall. One stone gargoyle attacks, so kill him and then go through the doors you just opened at the end of the dark hallway. Kill two more gargoyles inside and notice the hallways to your left and right and a door in front of you. First go to the hallway on the left and slowly drop down to find Shotgun shells and artifact #2. Now climb back up and go through the hallway to the right. Jump over a series of poles and reach the switch. This one is timed, so use it and go back over the poles as fast you can and through the hallway on the right. Perch over some columns and reach the second switch. Use it. Using the both switches will open the door, so go back over the perching columns and through the doors before they close.

Cutscene: We see Lara aproaching the green ring of light in the middle of the room. She thinks about it for some time, but then decides to enter it. She touches it and is sucked completely through the portal to Avalon.

THE END

Bowie
03-07-07, 21:39
Can I just ask if anyone else is even thinking of submitting? :confused:

RockSteady101
03-07-07, 21:54
Yes, I'm Just Finsishing Mine Off In MSWord :)

God Horus
03-07-07, 23:46
Can I just ask if anyone else is even thinking of submitting? :confused:

I think a few more people might submit before the 10th. I've changed my mind, and decided I WILL JUDGE THEM, as this is not a very popular competition, it may not get votes, so I will Judge them.

ashnar
04-07-07, 17:11
Yes I am curently working.It's a nice exercize. I'm around half way through and I've got a pretty good story fleshed out. Hope there's no problem in it being a bit long:o

RockSteady101
04-07-07, 18:06
Disclaimer: My Level Walkthrough Is Based On The Dark Thrill /Water Ride ‘Valhalla’ At Blackpool Pleasure Beach, So If You’ve Ridden, It May Make This Walkthrough More Enjoyable. But I’ve Added In Plenty To Make It More Like A Level, As I Have Also Taken Little Things Away.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Avalon

Level 17: Valhalla

Pick-Ups:
Large Medi-Pack
Small Medi-Pack x2
Inuit’s Water Skin
Inuit’s Water Skin Full Of Water (Optional)
Dam Hatch Key

Kills:
Cerberus Mutated Dog
Valhalla Apparition (Fought Via IC)
Tarantula Spawn x45
Elvin Troll (Fought Via IC)
Inuit Savage x3

Secrets:
Valhalian Longboat Figurine

Key Items Used/Discoveries Made:
Scion Of Tihocan
Third Avalonian Dimension Portal

*A Cutscene Shows Lara Thrown From A Sudden Appearing Green Light, Landing In A Heap On Some Rocks, She Stands And Dusts Herself Off, Examining Her Surroundings. She Is In Front Of A Large Mountain Side River Dam, Her Eyes Come To A Colossal Skull Bust Sculpted Into The Edge Of The Mountain, She Gasps In Awe. “Where Am I?” Lara Ponders, Suddenly Noticing Some Beautiful Golden Carvings On A Tablet Stone Behind Her, She Examines Them And Gasps Once More. ”Valhalla…”*

MOUNTAIN SIDE RIVER DAM WITH SKULL BUST ENTRANCE: You Start Facing The Tablet You Read On The River-Bank, Do Not Dive Into The River Yet, Or The Current Will Pull You Under. Instead Run Along To The Wooden Dock On Your Left And Grapple The Metallic Griffin Head Statue On The Wall, Pull It Outwards To Open Up The Stone Wall, The Wall Will Now Block The Rushing Rapids Of The River, Leaving The Waters Behind It Still, So You Can Swim Towards The Huge Skull Sculpture, And Swim Through The Open Mouth Entrance. But First Run Into The Corridor The Griffin Head Wall Was Concealing To Find A Small Medi-Pack, Now Run Back And Dive Into The River. Swim Towards The Skull Bust And Swim Through The Open Mouth, Surface And Wade Up Onto The Rocks, Draw Your Pistols And Run Into The Cave Mouth Ahead. An Unsettling Voice Overhead Will Deeply Proclaim “Welcome To Valhalla”.

NOTE: The Song Continuously Played Throughout The Level From Here-In Can Be Heard Here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/255074165ba19f/

CAVERN WITH CERBERUS MUTATED DOG: You Will Emerge Into A Dank, But Fire-Gauntlet Lit Cavern, And Prepare For A Jump As A Cerberus Mutated Dog Will Jump Out At You From The Shadows, Avoid It’s Speedy Attacks By Continuous Leaps And Non-Stop Firing, Soon This Abomination Will Die. You Can Admire The Intricate Carvings On The Walls Before Running Up The Large Stone Steps, An IC Will Begin.

Figh With Valhalla Apparition

IC BEGINS

*Lara Ascends The Large Stone Steps Slowly, Pistols Snapping At The Shadows After The Cerberus Fiasco. Suddenly, In A Burst Of Multi-Coloured Flames Overhead An Apparition Of The Viking War Lord Valhalla Appears, And Begins An Evil Chant In Tongues, Lara Growls And Snaps Her Pistols Upwards*

*Valhalla Sends A Deadly Fire Ball At Lara, She Raises Her Pistols*
Press Either The Up Arrow Key, X Button, Y Button Or Shake The Nun-Chuck Depending On Your Console.

*Lara Does A Side-Flip And Fires Many Rounds While Doing So, Valhalla Is Enraged As Some Of His Decomposing Skin Falls Away From The Bullets, He Breathes A Horde Of Raging Fire At Lara, Who Spots A Decorative Ring Overhead On The Cavern Wall, She Grapples It*
Press Either The Left Arrow, O Button, A Button Or Press The 1-2 Buttons Simultaneously Depending On Your Console.

*Lara Executes A Wall Run, Gripping The Rope With One Hand Whilst Firing A Pistol With The Other, She Side-Flips And Raises A Pistol As Valhalla In His Utmost Blinding Rage Makes A Large Mutated Arm Appear From His Head-Only Apparition And Lunges It At Lara, She Spots What Looks Like A Weak Spot On His Palm, A Ruby Gemstone*
Press Either The Down Arrow Key, RI Button, Left Analogue Stick, Or The Z Button Depending On Your Console

*Lara’s Bullet Shatters The Ruby And In A Burst Of Sapphire Flames Valhalla’s Ghostly Apparition Disappears, Lara Lands And Reloads Her Pistols, A Snarl On Her Face And A Smirk On Her Lips, She Holsters Her Guns*

IC ENDS

DARK CAVERN WITH TURANTULAS AND ELVIN TROLL: Run Up The Rest Of The Steps And Turn Right Into Some Dark Caverns, Crack A Flare And You’ll Be Surprised With An Explosion Of Mini Tarantula Spawn, 45 To Be Exact. Draw Your Mini SMG’s And Let Rip, Don’t Forget To Leap Around Whilst Doing So, And Soon Their Ceaseless Screeching Will Fade. You Will Notice The Deadly Tarantulas Have Come From The Mouth Of An Evil Looking Statuette Of Erik The Red, Who Looks A Little Blue-Gray These Days, But His Eyes Maintain His Signature Colour. Retrieve The Flare You Would’ve Lost By Drawing Your Guns If You Want To And Run Ahead, Note The Hole In the Cavern Wall On Your Left…And It’s Time For Another IC, But This One Only Takes Two Buttons, But The Timing Is In A Snap.

Fight With Elvin Troll

IC BEGINS

*As Lara Jogs Through The Dark Cavern She Gasps In Shock As From The Large Hole In The Cavern Wall An Elvin Troll Will Appear In The Hole, Only His Red Eyes And Bright Green Skin Visible, And He Smashes A Huge Bulging Hand Through The Wall With A Blood Curdling Screech, Claws Scratching At Lara, She Raises Her Guns And Runs Forward*
Press Either The Right Arrow Key, RI Button, White Button Or Use The WiiMote In The Gun Position Depending On Your Console

*Lara Will Shoot At The Elvin Troll Arm And Flip Over It, She Focuses In On The Two Glaring Red Eyes*
Press Either The Down Arrow Key, L2 Button, B Button Or The C Button depending On Your Console

*Lara Shoots At The Elvin Troll Eyes, Causing It To Screech In Agony, It Falls Away From The Hole, Lara Again Reloads Two Clips Into Her Pistols And Holsters Them, Panting From Exhaustion Of Her Tiring Journey. She Turns Away From The Cavern And Walks On*

IC ENDS

Exit The Dark Caverns And You’ll Arrive At A River Bed, Dive In, Swim Downwards To Find A Small Medi-Pack And Then Surface. The Current Will Pull You Along Until You Reach A Treacherous Stalactite Covered Waterfall, And The Currents Pulling Lara Towards It…

RIVER WATERFALL WITH WOODEN DOORWAY: Surprise! Lara Will Suddenly Be Pulled Away From The Threatening Drop Into A Dark Water Corridor, You’ll See Nothing…Until Lara Is Thrown Backwards Off Of A Concealed Waterfall, Into Another Pool. Lara Will Remark The Temperature Has Dropped A Good 10° After Her Fall, As You Can Tell From The Thin Ice Patches Floating Around In Your New Found Pool. Wade Over To The Icy Bank And Draw Your Pistols, Aim For The Circular Golden Lock On The Large Wooden Doors And They Will Swing Open. Dive Back Into The Pool And Swim Through The Doors.

ICE CAVERN WITH INUIT SAVAGES CAMP SITE: Lara Will Emerge In A Huge Ice Cavern, With A Cosy Looking Camp Side In The Snowy Depths, Pull Up And Run To The Camp Site, You’ll Find An Inuit’s Water Skin Here, Its Up To You If You Want To Fill It With Some Of The Ice Cold Water On The Bank. I Advise You Draw Your Weapons Again As Three Inuit Savages Are Going To Leap Out From The Small Tents, Simply Give Them Heavy Fire. Now Run Towards The Far Ice Wall And Draw A Powerful Weapon, And Continually Shoot At The Wall, The Ice Will Shatter And The Secret Jingle Will Play, You’ve Found The Only Secret Of The Level, A Valhalian Longboat Figurine. Dive Back Into The Waters And Let The River Flow Slowly Drag You Along, Until You Drop From Another Waterfall Into A Small Pool With Another Continued River, Lara Will Now Remark That It’s Peculiar And The Temperature Is Rather Cool Now, And Not Freezing, Dive Down To The Floor Of The Pool And Collect The Large Medi-Pack, Then Surface And Pull-Up On The Bank.

TIKI VILAGE WITH DEADLY TRAPS: Run Through The Gauntlet-Lit Cavern Until You Reach A Very Nice Greenery Enthralled Tiki Village, But Don’t Get To Attached Yet, You’re In For A Surprise. Run Through The Rather Linear Stone Pathway Until You Reach A Small Dam Crossing Bridge, Either Continuously Roll Or Sprint Across This Bridge Because As You Cross A Huge Wooden Hammer Like Device Will Smash Into The River, Trying To Crack Your Wooden Support And Make You Fall Into The Sharp Stoned Rapids Below. Now Continue Ahead Until You Reach A Barn, Inside You Will See Crops And Various Artefacts And Relics Of The Village People, Notice Those Beautifully Carved Tiki Posts, Well The Open Mouths Of The Tiki Faces Hold A Surprise. Pull A Combination Of Roll-Jump, Roll-Roll-Jump-Jump-Jump Or, Roll-Roll-Roll-Roll-Roll To Avoid The Flaming Arrows The Tiki Posts Will Spit, After Passing Them, It’s Time For A Hella’ Quick IC.

IC BEGINS

*Lara Jogs Out Of The Barn And Gasps As A Spiked Roller Trap Speeds Towards Her, Lara Bends Her Knees Mid-Run, And Pushes Up*
The Button Will Be Chosen At Random This Time, But It Will Involve Continues Smashing Of That Button, Or Shaking, Varying On Console Choice To Boost Lara’s Jump Energy

*Lara Flips Gracefully Over The Mechanism, Landing With A Tuck And Roll, She Stands And Dusts Off Her Leotard And Shorts, She Smiles Slightly At The Viking Peoples’ Nerve, And That Of The Vikings, Before Continuing Onwards*

IC ENDS

Run Onwards Past Some More Lovely Tiki/Jungle Scenery Until You Reach A Bend In The Pathway, To Make You Jump, A Thunderbolt Will Strike In A Flash Of Light Into One Of The Huts, Bursting It And It’s Neighbours Into Flames, Run By Them Quickly As Your Health Will Drain As You Go Near Their Scalding Heat, As You Run Forward To A Seemingly Dead End, The Ground Underneath You Will Shatter, And Lara Wall Fall Down Onto A Rocky Slope.

FIRE CAVERN WITH VOLCANOES AND ERUPTIONS: When You Reach The End Of The Slope, Leap Forward Through The Steam And You’ll Reach A Swing-Pole, You’ll Have Noticed The Very Active Explosions And Spraying Of The Volcanic Rocks Around You, So Keep Your Timing Right And Jump In Order To The Next Pole In The Brief Brakes Between Eruptions. Eventually You’ll Jump Off Into A Steamy Cavern With Fire Exploding Around You, Lara Will Land In A Near Scalding River So Quickly Tap The Speed-Up Button And Surface Swim Through The Cave Until You Fall Off Of Another Waterfall Or Lara's Health Will Deplete.

VALHALLA CAVERN WITH GRAVEYARD: Pull Up From The Pool You Land In And Enjoy A Nice Lengthy Cutscene.

*Lara Pulls Up From The Pool And Rolls Off, Relaxing Slightly On The Cool Stones, She Examines Her Surroundings Of The Ancient Land Of Valhalla, She Is In A Misty Graveyard, With Two Hording Viking Statues At The Open Iron Gates, Lara Stands And Enters The Graveyard, She Examines The Beautiful Tablets, Plinths And Stones, Reading The Names Of The Memorials. “They’re All Here. Olaf Tryggvason, Leif Ericsson, Erik The Red, Ragner Lodbrok…Askold & Dir…”. Lara Leaves The Misty Graveyard From Another Gate*

Run Forward Through The Grassy Tundra, Until You Reach Another large Wooden Door Like The One That Opened At The Ice Cavern, Shoot The Golden Lock And It Will Open, But A Small Movie Will Show A Key Suddenly Form In A Ball Of Light In Front Of Lara, Press Action To Obtain The Dam Hatch Key, Now Run Out The Door.

BACK AT MOUNTAIN SIDE RIVER DAM WITH WALL BLOCKING RIVER: Lara Is Back Were She Started, But On The Opposite Side Of The Wall She Grappled At The Beginning Of The Level, The Reason You Needed To Get Here Now Is Because The Dam Was Rushing, But When You Separated The Waters With The Wall, Both Sides Totally Stalled Their Rush And Were Still, But You Need To Reach The Peak Of The Valhalla Mountain, Via A Pulley System, But A Hatch Was Blocking The River Reaching The Cog-Wheel Below (Lost Valley Flashback, Sort Of), But Now You Have The Key To Release The Hatch, The Water Will Flow Onto The Cog-Wheel, And The Pulley Mechanism Will Take You Upwards Onto The Mountain Peak. So Run Over To The Hatch At The Opposite End Of The Wall Blocked River And Use The Dam Hatch Key, And Then Run Back To The Wall With The Griffin Head Ornament, Press The Action Button Repeatedly To Push It Back To It’s Original State And A Small Cutscene Will Show The Rushing River Will Now Fall Down The Cavernous Hatch And A Cog-Wheel In This Hole Will Turn, Making A Pulley Lift Start To Ascend. Now Run Back To The Open Hatch And Wait For The Pulley Lift To Rise, Then Jump On When It Appears, Lara Will Rise To The Mountain Peak, Vault Off Of It And A Cutscene Will Play.

*Lara Jumps Off Of The Pulley Lift And Approach A Spinning Ring On The Top Of The, With A Pale Green Light Thundering Inside. Lara Approaches A Plinth Beside It, And Notices A Slot On It, She Removes The Scion Of Tihocan From Her Back-Pack And Places It There Briefly, The Pale Green Light In The Portal Ring Now Thunders A Bright Emerald Shade, Lara Puts The Scion Of Tihocan Back Into Her Backpack And Takes A Hop Back from The Portal Ring. “Almost There, Mother.” Lara Says, Jaw Set In A Cocktail Of Emotions, But Determination The Formative, Lara Sprints Forward And Swan Dives Into The Third Avalonian Dimension Portal Which Will Lead Her To The Avalonian Plains*

(This Is The Third And Final Portal I Might Add, You're Now On The Final Level...Or Are You?)

End Of Level

RockSteady101
04-07-07, 18:10
Is It Defenite You Are Going To Judge, Or Is It Just Your Speculation You May Have To? :)

Thanks For Your Support And Encouragement To Us All, And Your Great Walkthrough Writing Tips ;)

Just Curious, God I Had Fun Writing This Walktrhough, What A Comp Idea God_Horus, Thanks Again :tmb:

:hug:

GRE-Mazing Entrys So Far, Bowie's Looks Likes Something Writtin By The Goddess Stella Lune Herself :D

Pipolinne
04-07-07, 20:26
I want to play all those games :D!

I like reading walkies from games I will never buy,lol,so this is a wonderful competition :tmb:! Perhaps I'll give it a try .

larson n natla
04-07-07, 20:43
Disclaimer: My Level Walkthrough Is Based On The Dark Thrill /Water Ride ‘Valhalla’ At Blackpool Pleasure Beach, So If You’ve Ridden, It May Make This Walkthrough More Enjoyable. But I’ve Added In Plenty To Make It More Like A Level, As I Have Also Taken Little Things Away.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Avalon

Level 17: Valhalla

Pick-Ups:
Large Medi-Pack
Small Medi-Pack x2
Inuit’s Water Skin
Inuit’s Water Skin Full Of Water (Optional)
Dam Hatch Key

Kills:
Cerberus Mutated Dog
Valhalla Apparition (Fought Via IC)
Tarantula Spawn x45
Elvin Troll (Fought Via IC)
Inuit Savage x3

Secrets:
Valhalian Longboat Figurine

Key Items Used/Discoveries Made:
Scion Of Tihocan
Third Avalonian Dimension Portal

*A Cutscene Shows Lara Thrown From A Sudden Appearing Green Light, Landing In A Heap On Some Rocks, She Stands And Dusts Herself Off, Examining Her Surroundings. She Is In Front Of A Large Mountain Side River Dam, Her Eyes Come To A Colossal Skull Bust Sculpted Into The Edge Of The Mountain, She Gasps In Awe. “Where Am I?” Lara Ponders, Suddenly Noticing Some Beautiful Golden Carvings On A Tablet Stone Behind Her, She Examines Them And Gasps Once More. ”Valhalla…”*

MOUNTAIN SIDE RIVER DAM WITH SKULL BUST ENTRANCE: You Start Facing The Tablet You Read On The River-Bank, Do Not Dive Into The River Yet, Or The Current Will Pull You Under. Instead Run Along To The Wooden Dock On Your Left And Grapple The Metallic Griffin Head Statue On The Wall, Pull It Outwards To Open Up The Stone Wall, The Wall Will Now Block The Rushing Rapids Of The River, Leaving The Waters Behind It Still, So You Can Swim Towards The Huge Skull Sculpture, And Swim Through The Open Mouth Entrance. But First Run Into The Corridor The Griffin Head Wall Was Concealing To Find A Small Medi-Pack, Now Run Back And Dive Into The River. Swim Towards The Skull Bust And Swim Through The Open Mouth, Surface And Wade Up Onto The Rocks, Draw Your Pistols And Run Into The Cave Mouth Ahead. An Unsettling Voice Overhead Will Deeply Proclaim “Welcome To Valhalla”.

NOTE: The Song Continuously Played Throughout The Level From Here-In Can Be Heard Here: http://www.zshare.net/audio/255074165ba19f/

CAVERN WITH CERBERUS MUTATED DOG: You Will Emerge Into A Dank, But Fire-Gauntlet Lit Cavern, And Prepare For A Jump As A Cerberus Mutated Dog Will Jump Out At You From The Shadows, Avoid It’s Speedy Attacks By Continuous Leaps And Non-Stop Firing, Soon This Abomination Will Die. You Can Admire The Intricate Carvings On The Walls Before Running Up The Large Stone Steps, An IC Will Begin.

Figh With Valhalla Apparition

IC BEGINS

*Lara Ascends The Large Stone Steps Slowly, Pistols Snapping At The Shadows After The Cerberus Fiasco. Suddenly, In A Burst Of Multi-Coloured Flames Overhead An Apparition Of The Viking War Lord Valhalla Appears, And Begins An Evil Chant In Tongues, Lara Growls And Snaps Her Pistols Upwards*

*Valhalla Sends A Deadly Fire Ball At Lara, She Raises Her Pistols*
Press Either The Up Arrow Key, X Button, Y Button Or Shake The Nun-Chuck Depending On Your Console.

*Lara Does A Side-Flip And Fires Many Rounds While Doing So, Valhalla Is Enraged As Some Of His Decomposing Skin Falls Away From The Bullets, He Breathes A Horde Of Raging Fire At Lara, Who Spots A Decorative Ring Overhead On The Cavern Wall, She Grapples It*
Press Either The Left Arrow, O Button, A Button Or Press The 1-2 Buttons Simultaneously Depending On Your Console.

*Lara Executes A Wall Run, Gripping The Rope With One Hand Whilst Firing A Pistol With The Other, She Side-Flips And Raises A Pistol As Valhalla In His Utmost Blinding Rage Makes A Large Mutated Arm Appear From His Head-Only Apparition And Lunges It At Lara, She Spots What Looks Like A Weak Spot On His Palm, A Ruby Gemstone*
Press Either The Down Arrow Key, RI Button, Left Analogue Stick, Or The Z Button Depending On Your Console

*Lara’s Bullet Shatters The Ruby And In A Burst Of Sapphire Flames Valhalla’s Ghostly Apparition Disappears, Lara Lands And Reloads Her Pistols, A Snarl On Her Face And A Smirk On Her Lips, She Holsters Her Guns*

IC ENDS

DARK CAVERN WITH TURANTULAS AND ELVIN TROLL: Run Up The Rest Of The Steps And Turn Right Into Some Dark Caverns, Crack A Flare And You’ll Be Surprised With An Explosion Of Mini Tarantula Spawn, 45 To Be Exact. Draw Your Mini SMG’s And Let Rip, Don’t Forget To Leap Around Whilst Doing So, And Soon Their Ceaseless Screeching Will Fade. You Will Notice The Deadly Tarantulas Have Come From The Mouth Of An Evil Looking Statuette Of Erik The Red, Who Looks A Little Blue-Gray These Days, But His Eyes Maintain His Signature Colour. Retrieve The Flare You Would’ve Lost By Drawing Your Guns If You Want To And Run Ahead, Note The Hole In the Cavern Wall On Your Left…And It’s Time For Another IC, But This One Only Takes Two Buttons, But The Timing Is In A Snap.

Fight With Elvin Troll

IC BEGINS

*As Lara Jogs Through The Dark Cavern She Gasps In Shock As From The Large Hole In The Cavern Wall An Elvin Troll Will Appear In The Hole, Only His Red Eyes And Bright Green Skin Visible, And He Smashes A Huge Bulging Hand Through The Wall With A Blood Curdling Screech, Claws Scratching At Lara, She Raises Her Guns And Runs Forward*
Press Either The Right Arrow Key, RI Button, White Button Or Use The WiiMote In The Gun Position Depending On Your Console

*Lara Will Shoot At The Elvin Troll Arm And Flip Over It, She Focuses In On The Two Glaring Red Eyes*
Press Either The Down Arrow Key, L2 Button, B Button Or The C Button depending On Your Console

*Lara Shoots At The Elvin Troll Eyes, Causing It To Screech In Agony, It Falls Away From The Hole, Lara Again Reloads Two Clips Into Her Pistols And Holsters Them, Panting From Exhaustion Of Her Tiring Journey. She Turns Away From The Cavern And Walks On*

IC ENDS

Exit The Dark Caverns And You’ll Arrive At A River Bed, Dive In, Swim Downwards To Find A Small Medi-Pack And Then Surface. The Current Will Pull You Along Until You Reach A Treacherous Stalactite Covered Waterfall, And The Currents Pulling Lara Towards It…

RIVER WATERFALL WITH WOODEN DOORWAY: Surprise! Lara Will Suddenly Be Pulled Away From The Threatening Drop Into A Dark Water Corridor, You’ll See Nothing…Until Lara Is Thrown Backwards Off Of A Concealed Waterfall, Into Another Pool. Lara Will Remark The Temperature Has Dropped A Good 10° After Her Fall, As You Can Tell From The Thin Ice Patches Floating Around In Your New Found Pool. Wade Over To The Icy Bank And Draw Your Pistols, Aim For The Circular Golden Lock On The Large Wooden Doors And They Will Swing Open. Dive Back Into The Pool And Swim Through The Doors.

ICE CAVERN WITH INUIT SAVAGES CAMP SITE: Lara Will Emerge In A Huge Ice Cavern, With A Cosy Looking Camp Side In The Snowy Depths, Pull Up And Run To The Camp Site, You’ll Find An Inuit’s Water Skin Here, Its Up To You If You Want To Fill It With Some Of The Ice Cold Water On The Bank. I Advise You Draw Your Weapons Again As Three Inuit Savages Are Going To Leap Out From The Small Tents, Simply Give Them Heavy Fire. Now Run Towards The Far Ice Wall And Draw A Powerful Weapon, And Continually Shoot At The Wall, The Ice Will Shatter And The Secret Jingle Will Play, You’ve Found The Only Secret Of The Level, A Valhalian Longboat Figurine. Dive Back Into The Waters And Let The River Flow Slowly Drag You Along, Until You Drop From Another Waterfall Into A Small Pool With Another Continued River, Lara Will Now Remark That It’s Peculiar And The Temperature Is Rather Cool Now, And Not Freezing, Dive Down To The Floor Of The Pool And Collect The Large Medi-Pack, Then Surface And Pull-Up On The Bank.

TIKI VILAGE WITH DEADLY TRAPS: Run Through The Gauntlet-Lit Cavern Until You Reach A Very Nice Greenery Enthralled Tiki Village, But Don’t Get To Attached Yet, You’re In For A Surprise. Run Through The Rather Linear Stone Pathway Until You Reach A Small Dam Crossing Bridge, Either Continuously Roll Or Sprint Across This Bridge Because As You Cross A Huge Wooden Hammer Like Device Will Smash Into The River, Trying To Crack Your Wooden Support And Make You Fall Into The Sharp Stoned Rapids Below. Now Continue Ahead Until You Reach A Barn, Inside You Will See Crops And Various Artefacts And Relics Of The Village People, Notice Those Beautifully Carved Tiki Posts, Well The Open Mouths Of The Tiki Faces Hold A Surprise. Pull A Combination Of Roll-Jump, Roll-Roll-Jump-Jump-Jump Or, Roll-Roll-Roll-Roll-Roll To Avoid The Flaming Arrows The Tiki Posts Will Spit, After Passing Them, It’s Time For A Hella’ Quick IC.

IC BEGINS

*Lara Jogs Out Of The Barn And Gasps As A Spiked Roller Trap Speeds Towards Her, Lara Bends Her Knees Mid-Run, And Pushes Up*
The Button Will Be Chosen At Random This Time, But It Will Involve Continues Smashing Of That Button, Or Shaking, Varying On Console Choice To Boost Lara’s Jump Energy

*Lara Flips Gracefully Over The Mechanism, Landing With A Tuck And Roll, She Stands And Dusts Off Her Leotard And Shorts, She Smiles Slightly At The Viking Peoples’ Nerve, And That Of The Vikings, Before Continuing Onwards*

IC ENDS

Run Onwards Past Some More Lovely Tiki/Jungle Scenery Until You Reach A Bend In The Pathway, To Make You Jump, A Thunderbolt Will Strike In A Flash Of Light Into One Of The Huts, Bursting It And It’s Neighbours Into Flames, Run By Them Quickly As Your Health Will Drain As You Go Near Their Scalding Heat, As You Run Forward To A Seemingly Dead End, The Ground Underneath You Will Shatter, And Lara Wall Fall Down Onto A Rocky Slope.

FIRE CAVERN WITH VOLCANOES AND ERUPTIONS: When You Reach The End Of The Slope, Leap Forward Through The Steam And You’ll Reach A Swing-Pole, You’ll Have Noticed The Very Active Explosions And Spraying Of The Volcanic Rocks Around You, So Keep Your Timing Right And Jump In Order To The Next Pole In The Brief Brakes Between Eruptions. Eventually You’ll Jump Off Into A Steamy Cavern With Fire Exploding Around You, Lara Will Land In A Near Scalding River So Quickly Tap The Speed-Up Button And Surface Swim Through The Cave Until You Fall Off Of Another Waterfall Or Lara's Health Will Deplete.

VALHALLA CAVERN WITH GRAVEYARD: Pull Up From The Pool You Land In And Enjoy A Nice Lengthy Cutscene.

*Lara Pulls Up From The Pool And Rolls Off, Relaxing Slightly On The Cool Stones, She Examines Her Surroundings Of The Ancient Land Of Valhalla, She Is In A Misty Graveyard, With Two Hording Viking Statues At The Open Iron Gates, Lara Stands And Enters The Graveyard, She Examines The Beautiful Tablets, Plinths And Stones, Reading The Names Of The Memorials. “They’re All Here. Olaf Tryggvason, Leif Ericsson, Erik The Red, Ragner Lodbrok…Askold & Dir…”. Lara Leaves The Misty Graveyard From Another Gate*

Run Forward Through The Grassy Tundra, Until You Reach Another large Wooden Door Like The One That Opened At The Ice Cavern, Shoot The Golden Lock And It Will Open, But A Small Movie Will Show A Key Suddenly Form In A Ball Of Light In Front Of Lara, Press Action To Obtain The Dam Hatch Key, Now Run Out The Door.

BACK AT MOUNTAIN SIDE RIVER DAM WITH WALL BLOCKING RIVER: Lara Is Back Were She Started, But On The Opposite Side Of The Wall She Grappled At The Beginning Of The Level, The Reason You Needed To Get Here Now Is Because The Dam Was Rushing, But When You Separated The Waters With The Wall, Both Sides Totally Stalled Their Rush And Were Still, But You Need To Reach The Peak Of The Valhalla Mountain, Via A Pulley System, But A Hatch Was Blocking The River Reaching The Cog-Wheel Below (Lost Valley Flashback, Sort Of), But Now You Have The Key To Release The Hatch, The Water Will Flow Onto The Cog-Wheel, And The Pulley Mechanism Will Take You Upwards Onto The Mountain Peak. So Run Over To The Hatch At The Opposite End Of The Wall Blocked River And Use The Dam Hatch Key, And Then Run Back To The Wall With The Griffin Head Ornament, Press The Action Button Repeatedly To Push It Back To It’s Original State And A Small Cutscene Will Show The Rushing River Will Now Fall Down The Cavernous Hatch And A Cog-Wheel In This Hole Will Turn, Making A Pulley Lift Start To Ascend. Now Run Back To The Open Hatch And Wait For The Pulley Lift To Rise, Then Jump On When It Appears, Lara Will Rise To The Mountain Peak, Vault Off Of It And A Cutscene Will Play.

*Lara Jumps Off Of The Pulley Lift And Approach A Spinning Ring On The Top Of The, With A Pale Green Light Thundering Inside. Lara Approaches A Plinth Beside It, And Notices A Slot On It, She Removes The Scion Of Tihocan From Her Back-Pack And Places It There Briefly, The Pale Green Light In The Portal Ring Now Thunders A Bright Emerald Shade, Lara Puts The Scion Of Tihocan Back Into Her Backpack And Takes A Hop Back from The Portal Ring. “Almost There, Mother.” Lara Says, Jaw Set In A Cocktail Of Emotions, But Determination The Formative, Lara Sprints Forward And Swan Dives Into The Third Avalonian Dimension Portal Which Will Lead Her To The Avalonian Plains*

(This Is The Third And Final Portal I Might Add, You're Now On The Final Level...Or Are You?)

End Of Levelive been on this ride countless times but, wow ..... that was amazing welldone if we were votion you would have had a great advantage

RockSteady101
04-07-07, 21:06
ive been on this ride countless times but, wow ..... that was amazing welldone if we were votion you would have had a great advantage

Thanks Alot LnN *Shy* :o

I Do Think My Walkthrough Is More Enjoyable If You've Been On The Ride, So Maybe Thats Why You Enjoyed It More :tmb:

I Must Say, Yours Was Short...But Very Sweet, I Loved The Very Intricate Logic You Used. Like, You Must Rush Through The Room As The Sharks Bang On The Glass Or It Will Break In The Water And They'll Get You, That Would Actaully Be A Great Thing In A Real TR Game. Or My Personal Fav Moment, Your Amazing Idea To Use The Flame-Thrower On A Metal Door To Melt It And Gain Access, That Was Amazingly Clever ;)

:hug:'z For Ya' LnN :D

Night_Heaven
04-07-07, 22:26
Name:
Tha Muga Muga temple. Tomb Raider Legend 2.

Pickups:
1 -the gaysha temple key
2 - water temple fire crackers
3 - dagger of Natla
4 - the mummyfied eggs
1 medick pack small
1 medick pack large.

Kills:
3 mutated snowmans
1 gigantic mutated verka serducka
2 tiny bity spiders
1 big fat boss.

Start of the level
Lara coming out of some bushes and feel herself relifed and lighter. Some birds in the trees and some rivers near by...and a temple near...

From the start -cut scene- make sure you press the right dirrections buttons for escape Lara from the stinking from the bushes.
Make you way near the solo hut by the first river.Grab the gaysha temple key. Use it in the socket near the temple door. Be ready and prepare to encounter 2 mutated exotic snowmans that throw in Lara with cute snow balls. After that continue on the long corridor.Be careful not to fall in the fluffly spikes. At the end of coridor another snowman attacks.Kill it
Pick up everything you have and move them bcak again.Slide down and use the grapple to swing to the same side but to make the trip longer.
A giganti verka serducha comes in .You have to shoot her\his
its - shynny north pole star from the head. Press z and shot. After its\his\her is dead proced.
Near the statue with stalin you will find some water temple crackers witch has no use here.take the dagger of natla from Hitler mustache from the other side of the room. Go further.
In the next gigantic room you will find a small and big medick.Take all.In the center are the mummified eggs.Place dagger of natla in one of them.Oh no...you make once crak.2 spiders attack - kill them. And boom boom from the middle egg the fat boss comes out. You cant see him well cause is small. Cut scene- press right controls to not let it get into your brain!!!Actualy you have to let him in Legend's Laras head because in this way you will caught him and destroy it once and forever. Congratulations you have finished Legend 2

RockSteady101
04-07-07, 22:30
...Medick...

:vlol:

Please Tell Me That was Intentional :D

Night_Heaven
04-07-07, 22:36
...Medick...

:vlol:

Please Tell Me That was Intentional :D

Of course they are very special medi kits that heals a big portion of anyone if used right.:D

RockSteady101
05-07-07, 12:02
Of course they are very special medi kits that heals a big portion of anyone if used right.:D

That Was A Really Good Spoof Walkie :D

Muga Muga :vlol:

Nice One Night_Heaven :tmb:

Sedge
05-07-07, 18:26
Ah, now this is actually quite an original idea for a competition! I surely hope more people will participate, though I do realize it does require much more than those screenie competitions.. Hey creative people who can write(...I can't :whi:), participate! Participate! :D

I think a few more people might submit before the 10th. I've changed my mind, and decided I WILL JUDGE THEM, as this is not a very popular competition, it may not get votes, so I will Judge them.
Hmmh, that's a shame.. :/ I think voting would be better, much more fun that way! If there are only few submissions, we can always vote just one or two. And I think the participants would also like it that way, more exciting and so.. ! :jmp:

Good luck everyone. :tmb:

jackles
05-07-07, 19:03
School for scandal

pickups
1 large medipack
2 small medipacks
2 x uzi clips

Lara starts the level in an average two up, two down council house. She is just finishing her cup of tea when she realises she is late for work! Uh oh!! A timed level!!! Don’t worry there is plenty of time to get there as long as you are a fabulously gifted player and/or a teenager.

You have to kick down the door and then run down the path. A postman comes at you clutching a handful of bills. Shoot him and jump over his body. Turning to the left you dodge four cars that come at you. This is quite easy as long as you time it carefully. Turn right at the litter bin that blocks your path and push it so that it blocks the drain. This floods the road and stops the cars. Under the bin is a small medipack, Move forward swiftly as a pack of dogs come out and yap at your heels. Shoot the pesky critters and do a selection of somersaults to show off.

You miss the bus! Steal …I mean take the handy bike that has been left by some careless paperboy and cycle like a mad thing making sure to run over any animals that you see just in case! You will go round about a million times until you kill everything in sight so keep shooting. When you see the papershop shoot out the windows, climb through and check all the shelves inside. Hidden is a large medipack and some uzi clips. Move quickly before the shopkeeper catches you. Pick these up as they will come in useful when you reach the next stage.

Enter the park. Oh no! A gang of youths accost you. Shoot them whilst performing a selection of stylish moves. When you have finished them off pick up some goodies. Check the time. You need to do a series of rolls and jumps that are way too intricate to explain to get to the school on time.

Lara rolls under the school gates just as they close. Phew!

Cutscene

Lara shoots apple off desk and then sits down to a row of rapt faces. She begins….”The lesson today is..

God Horus
06-07-07, 18:04
The reason I am juding them is because people that vote will have to read all the walkthroughs, and alot of them may not want to, lol. I have sort of a rubric which I am going to use to judge everyone. If I get 2 more entries within the next few days, the deadline will be extended to July 15th.

larson n natla
06-07-07, 18:24
well jackles has my vote if we are anyway lol :ton:

Bowie
06-07-07, 20:40
The reason I am juding them is because people that vote will have to read all the walkthroughs, and alot of them may not want to, lol. I have sort of a rubric which I am going to use to judge everyone. If I get 2 more entries within the next few days, the deadline will be extended to July 15th.
It might be an idea to explain that rubric, GH. I'm about 3/5ths of the way through my attempt at creating a convincing level walkthrough, but it seems kind of silly to bother finishing it if you end up opting for humour or fast-paced action.

To me, a real Tomb Raider level has lots of "climb up, shimmy across, pull up, crawl around, turn around, drop down, tumble turn, run-jump across..." in a carefully choreographed order.

What are you looking for?

ashnar
06-07-07, 21:51
It might be an idea to explain that rubric, GH. I'm about 3/5ths of the way through my attempt at creating a convincing level walkthrough, but it seems kind of silly to bother finishing it if you end up opting for humour or fast-paced action.

To me, a real Tomb Raider level has lots of "climb up, shimmy across, pull up, crawl around, turn around, drop down, tumble turn, run-jump across..." in a carefully choreographed order.

guess I'm not the only one. We'll just have to post and see. I'm also trying to flesh out a story, but I can't make it very intriguing cause I'm also working on other fan fics.(some more urgent then others) don't give up. you never know. sry for the post

God Horus
07-07-07, 00:43

Creativity. Humor is an excellent way of getting higher marks. jackles has an excellent 'humor' example. While alot of the other ones have an example of serious raiding, while keeping us interested. Everyone so far has done a great job. The top 3 winners will be chosen by me, and will be revealed a few hours past the dead line.

Don't feel blue if you don't win this, as soon I will be doing another contest (Late July) which will be all about creating an obstacle course with Paint (MS) and the winner will have it converted into a TRLE level

God Horus
08-07-07, 15:31
Two More Days! Get those walkthroughs in! Since I am having such a hard time picking, everyone that entered will win an award for participation, 1,2,3 winners will win "Winner" awards, and 1 other contestant will win a huge award for "Most Creative".

Note: Awards are Photo shopped pictures. Winners will send their e-mails to me and I will send them the awards

larson n natla
08-07-07, 15:33
Two More Days! Get those walkthroughs in! Since I am having such a hard time picking, everyone that entered will win an award for participation, 1,2,3 winners will win "Winner" awards, and 1 other contestant will win a huge award for "Most Creative".

Note: Awards are Photo shopped pictures. Winners will send their e-mails to me and I will send them the awards

huh e-mails why not just post it here use photo bucket or sumit like that id really rather you did it here not through e-mail :) id like to see the winners reactions

VonCroy360
09-07-07, 07:22
huh e-mails why not just post it here use photo bucket or sumit like that id really rather you did it here not through e-mail :) id like to see the winners reactions

I think he probably wants to give something special to the winners. If he posted the pictures here, then they wouldn't be special awards, as everyone could download them. :)

ashnar
09-07-07, 12:31
Title name:The Silver Basilisk.
Level name: The Serpentis Temple
Pickups:14(not counting the last scenes of the level)
Kills:19(again, not counting the last scene of the level)
Secrets: 3
A cutscene starts the level. A man wrapped in turbans is running desperately through the narrow streets of Calcutta. It’s around midnight, and the roads are damp and cramped with puddles. He trips and lets go of a brown woven bag. Hearing the barks of the vicious dogs that are on his tale, he clumsily reaches for the bag and pushes forward. Yells of anger stir behind him. He comes near a small inn. Opening the door, he backs inside and closes it shut. He stops listening closely to the rumble outside, his breathing heavy, his eyes bulging with terror. He turns around to head towards a back door, only to be greeted by two threatening dual pistols pointed directly at his skull. He freezes.
Lara Croft is the person behind the guns. She wastes no time.
“There’s a consequence when stealing from me, old man.”She releases the safeties of the pistols. The man is terrified and starts whining in Hindi.
“ Please. I beg you for forgiveness. This is why I am here. To bring it back. I did not mean to. I was forced and I had no choice..”
“Enough with the blabbering. Do you have it with you?”
He shook his head and shoved the bag in front of her. Lara grasped it quickly after holstering one of her guns. She backed away a few feet.
“Tell me old man, are you sure there’s nothing left to say?…”
A commotion suddenly flourished outside. The man turned worryingly towards the door. He then remembered Lara, and turned in her direction. She vanished. The door instantly plummeted to the floor and a bang followed shortly. The man was dead. Four people entered the chamber, cursing in their native language as they looked among the man’s belongings. What they wanted was gone.
The view pans to a sideway road. Lara jumps from one of the rooftops and throws a glance at the building she left.
“Guess that answers my question.” She walks away.
The scene changes from the clustered city, to that of the ancient ruins near Athens. Lara makes her way down a pit.
She gets the woven bag out of her backpack and reveals a thin stone plaque bearing a drawn map neatly carved upon its surface.
She lowers it and gazes at the darkness ahead.
“This is it….”
The Cavern Temple
You start at the exact same spot as the where the cutscene ended. The mouth of the pit still gives access to light. Further on there is nothing but darkness. Shuffle your inventory and you will find that you currently posses your dual pistols, 3 small medi-packs, the plaque, your grappling hook, five grenades and a pack of flares. Light one and hang on to it. You have 4 left in your pack. Proceed cautiously ahead, sneaking to avoid falling debris. They can’t kill you but they will harm you. Creeks in the wall announce you when something is about to fall down.
You can count your steps.20 feet ahead you will stumble upon your first cross in the roads. Go left and you will reach a dead end. Don’t backtrack yet. Instead, look above. The ceiling is about to crumble. Go near a wall for protection, attach the flare to your belt and shoot up. The ceiling will collapse . After the dust settles, pay close attention to what’s on the floor. You will notice a small medi-pack. Pick it up. The fallen stones are high enough for you to vault on top of them and reach the hole above. Once up there, you will find yourself within a small chamber. On one of the walls, a drawing . Memorize it. Your first piece of a puzzle that you have yet to locate. The head of a snake looking down upon its entangled victim. Proceed back down and backtrack to the road cross.
Go through the right handed tunnel. You will notice a sudden change in your surroundings. The walls are now clearly structured according to the early Greek culture architectural design. You can now speed up the pace, as the danger of falling stones has passed. Go further on until you reach the end of the tunnel. A streak of light beams lively ahead. You’ve reached an underground tower that gives access to a hole at the surface. A narrow spiral staircase goes down.
Don’t run! The staircase is fragile and you can plummet to your death once it falls apart. Instead, you can either sneak or walk. Half way down, you will find a large medi-pack. Half of it is used so it will heal only half of your wounds. Continue.
At the bottom, Lara is now within a small connection chamber. The door is locked so you’ll have to look for the switch. Turn around to face the stairs. Go behind them. A movable block is located underneath. You will have to pull it half way through, since it sustains the stairs. Go behind it and through a small crawlspace. Pull the switch at the end.
The door will open as odd sounds sweep over you.
Exit the crawlspace and holster your weapons. As you proceed, three bats will attack. Dispose of them and move on. Another tunnel that leads to a large area overhead. Numerous torches light your path. You can choose to take one of them if you like.
You reach your first puzzle. The walls are scattered with crevices you can use to fulfill your task. The room is very large. On the ceiling, you will notice several dangling orbs. Some are bigger than Lara, others smaller. They represent the solar system. “Looks like the Greeks knew more than we think” Lara comments after entering the chamber. Head towards the back of the room. Watch your step, as the floor is teaming with cracks big enough to swallow Lara. O door is there, but it’s locked. The mechanism that opens it spreads up towards the orbs.
Once you reach it, jump up and grab the crevice within it. Shimmy left and jump towards the next ledge. Jump up to reach another ledge and shimmy all the way to the right. Jump backwards and grab the platform behind. Don’t panic as it lowers down a few feet. Hoist up and quickly run across it and jump forward to grab another platform. This one will lower once you grab it aswell, so repeat the previous moves. After jumping ahead again, grab hold of the ledge in the wall. You have reached the same wall as the door you came in through. To come to this point, you will have to be quick, as the platforms will lower too much for you to reach anything. They rise back up once you get off of them.
Shimmy right until you reach the middle of the ledge. Drop down to get ahold of the lip of a small opening. Pull up and face the center of the room. You are now standing in front of a cracked orb. Shoot at it to destroy it entirely. Once finished, jump and grab the rope.
There are five orbs left. One in the center made from gold and the rest surrounding it(In order from the entrance you came in facing the room. Starting from the left and encircling the gold orb are a small silver one, a medium sized copper orb, and two iron orbs, the latter iron orb located to the right being twice as large as the previous one.). There are also several ropes, the remains of other crumbled orbs.
This is a timed event, but it allows Lara 5 minutes to complete. Swing towards the silver orb. Be careful when jumping on it as Lara might slip. If she does, force her by grabbing the orb with her hands and making her balance herself. Once on top, wait for it to lower down. A clank will announce you when you can move on without allowing the orb to raise back up. Climb up the rope and jump back to the rope near the opening. Swing towards the iron orb at your right. From there, jump to the smaller iron orb and wait for it to settle. Another clank. Climb the rope that holds the orb and climb half its length. You are now closer to the golden orb. Jump on it and wait for it to lower. It will do this without the clank since you still haven’t finished balancing the other weights. It will however stay in that position, it being a weight also. Climb its rope and jump towards the large iron orb. Don’t wait to hear the clank. Quickly jump back and grab the rope of the golden orb. The iron orb will go down because of its own weight. From here, make your way towards the copper orb. You can simply jump as it is a close distance away. Wait for it to go down. Another clank. Climb its rope to the top and jump back on the golden orb. This will save time, as the pressure of the impact from the high jump will cause it to lower quickly. All the orbs are now down. But nothing happens. All you have to do now is jump back to the rope from where you began the puzzle. It is the last weight you need to get down. Wait for the clank after reaching it and drop down on the floor
A cutscene zooms in on the mechanism. The orbs start to rotate slowly around the golden one raising and lowering according to the movements of the real planets. They stop after three complete spins and the door creaks open. Lara paces ahead. The doors slam shut and there is no light where she resides now.
You have passed though the first puzzle. Grab one of your flares, as the previous one has died out, and attach it to Lara’s belt. Draw weapons and walk forward. You will hear a prolonged hiss. Pay attention to what’s ahead. Too glowing eyes are peering straight at you. Shoot at them. The creature will attack you only if you approach or shoot it. But you cannot proceed without disturbing it, so you’re going to have to kill it. Back away as it dashes at you when you shoot. Once you’ve killed it, keep your weapons drawn as another creature will attack shortly after. Kill it as well. If you look at them you will notice they are some sort of hybrid lion. They’re smaller bur far more vicious. You can go forward.
The tunnel is long so you will probably spend a second flare along the way. You reach a dead end. Look around and you will find a broken ladder. Climb up and jump to your left. There is a ledge you can shimmy on and to a crawlspace that couldn’t be seen from the ground. Climb through it and follow its path. You will reach a poorly lit chamber. Drop down and holster weapons. Two bats will attack, so dispose of them.
A cutscene shows Lara examining one of the walls. She reads the inscriptions. They are in old Latin.
“The power of the serpentis basilisk was entombed within the silver shell to prevent it spreading in unwanted hands. The Greeks took over the responsibility of guarding, but failed. They repaired their undoing at the expense of eternal curse. The curse remains as a punishment for misuse of such great power “
“Now that’s something I really don’t want to experience myself.”
Lara raises up and looks around. A stone door to the right. She goes near it and examines the lever hung beside it. She pulls it and allows the door to open. Before going in, she grabs the torch above the lever.
The Serpentis underwater labyrinth.
You start right in front of the door, torch in hand. It will prove useful later on, so hang on to it. Go through the tunnel. You will pass an alcove. Let the torch down and jump to grab its edge. Pull up and grab the large medi-pack. Retake your road until you reach a door. Pull the lever to your right and back away. A boulder will fall down. Once it does, it is safe to move on. Throw the torch ahead.
You are now standing in front of a slope. A crocodile is waiting at the bottom floor, but there is no way of killing it from here with your guns( You can use a grenade, but it would be wise to keep them for more perilous situations). You have to go down. The crock sees you at the top and positions itself right under the slope. You can use this to your advantage. Proceed by sliding down. Jump at the last possible moment before reaching the bottom with your weapons drawn and press to shoot. Lara will instantly aim at the crocs head, resulting in its instant death. Look to your left. In a far away corner, there is a small medi-pack and(curiously) a bundle of harpoons. Pick them both up.
Head towards the wall opposite to the slope. There is an unlit torch. Grab the one you threw and light this one. The flame that will burst will change color from red to green and two trapdoors will open in the floor(Note: If you did not take the lit torch before entering this area, there is one located near the top left wall. To get to it, you have to jump on the slope and walk up slowly till you reach. Be careful, as Lara may get tired and slip at some point so get as close to the wall as possible before jumping on the slope.)
You have to choose which trapdoor to take.
The right trapdoor is a long flooded corridor.
The left trapdoor gives way to a secret. When taking this road, you will drop in a narrow corridor. Holster guns as another hybrid lion will pounce at you. After getting rid of it, sneak forward a few steps. There are several strands of light which act as some sort of switch, releasing the arrow traps ahead. You can dodge and jump to avoid them, but this is very difficult since they are arranged in a very confusing way. If you don’t manage this, there are six rows of arrows along the corridor. You have to dodge and quickly jump, as each row is formed of a high and low line of arrows. They can be easily spotted.
When getting passed them, you come across a corner. Hug the wall and look around the corner. Three blades are hung ahead, ready to lash at anyone that comes in their way. To avoid getting sliced perform a sideways jump facing the blades then quickly roll to dodge them. They will pierce the wall behind you and remain stuck. Proceed forward.
You now come across three pits. There is a thin pole running over them. But there are also two blades running along the walls of each pit. Learn their movement. As soon as they start heading in the opposite direction of where you are standing, balance on the pole until you reach the middle. Once the blades come back make Lara grab the pole and swing down. Remain there until the threat has passed. You cannot swing across, as there are spiked bellow you high enough to injure Lara. You have to make her throw her legs up and hold the pole with them aswell. You can now move without hitting the spikes. Be careful to release the legs whenever the blades swish towards them, since they are low enough to cut her feet, in which case she lets go of the pole and dies because of the spikes.
Once this is done. Move to the next pit and perform the same maneuvers ( Note: You can cross the poles entirely by simply lying upside down, without having to balance half way through. This just saves time). When reaching the third pit, pass it in the same manner as the previous ones. When reaching the end however, drop down. There is a spot of ground without spikes, so you can’t get hurt. Grab a flare and light your way. There are three drawings. On the wall: A stone, a snake’s head and a snake’s eye. Memorize them. Jump up to grab the pole and go onward.
You reach a poorly lit chamber. There are several stones lying on the floor. Find the one matching the drawing. It’s hidden behind a larger stone, in the far right corner. Shoot at it. By doing this you destroy a quarter of its surface. A switch is revealed within. Pull it. A short cutscene shows a pole slicing out from one of the walls(the snake’s head in the drawings). To get to it you have to jump on the large stone that hid the one you’ve just destroyed and jump to grab the ledge that runs above you. Shimmy all the way to the right and jump to grab the pole. As soon as you grab it jump without performing a 360 degree spin and grab the ledge ahead(If you don’t release the pole quick enough, it will pull back within the wall and you have to retake the path starting with the switch). Jump up to grab a crevice in the wall and vault up. You’ve reached secret #1. Great job. A short cutscene breaks through showing Lara picking it up with extra care. It’s a small crystal snake. Neatly carved on its head is a snake’s eye( the snake eye drawing)
Moving forward. Drop down to grab the edge of the crevice and jump forward. You grab another ledge. Jump up and grab a crack in the wall. Shimmy to the right and jump backwards to grab a platform. Raise up and look towards the middle of the ceiling. There is a stone hanging loose. Shoot at it and watch as it collapses to the ground. Another set of boulders follow it shortly after, creating a deep hole within the floor.
Jump on the slope and prepare to land in an underwater tunnel within the hole. There is a large medi-pack waiting for you from the beginning of the tunnel. Get it and swim ahead. Don’t be frightened by the length of the tunnel. There are more than enough air pockets scattered throughout it to allow little health to be lost by drowning. The tunnel is part of the underwater labyrinth. The design is simple, yet it’s its simplicity that makes it so deadly. The tunnels are simply overlapped diagonally in a uniform area.
There are no pick-ups here. Only one thing to do. Find the way out.
To do this you have to go on until you reach your first cross. Both ways are blocked by two gates. There is a lever you can pull. Do as such. The right gate will lower. It is not the right way out. Wait a few seconds for it to close. Pull the lever again and this time the left gate will open. Swim through it and head to surface in the air pocket right above. Dive and swim ahead. You will reach another cross. No gates, so first swim through the left until you reach an air pocket. There is a small climbable strip of earth you can pull up on. Do this and examine the walls closely. Though very faint, you can distinguish another drawing of a snake entangling its victim. This time, the snake is looking to its right. Memorize this drawing. Swim back to the cross and go right. Another cross follows. Go right. Then another and go left.( Note: Before you actually reach these crosses, you have to swim a considerable distance between them. The air pockets are hard to notice so pay close attention. Otherwise, you will drown.)
You’ve now reached a large flooded area(You would have reached this area if you chose the flooded corridor located in the croc pit aswell). There is no air above, so in order for Lara to breathe, you have to go through small openings in the wall which lead to narrow towers where air does have access. The first thing you need to do in this chamber is search it entirely. There is a puzzle involved.
On the floor, several stone objects. Pick them up. They are in fact three arrow heads. Go back to restore your breath. Swim back to the center of the main chamber and look around. Three holes(From where you exited the labyrinth, one in front and two sideways.) Take the arrow heads and place them in each hole, turning them in the process. They start a mechanism that opens a trapdoor at the bottom. Quickly head in one of the towers and wait until you hit ground level( you would otherwise risk getting crushed by the whirlpool in the center). Head back in the main chamber which is now dry.
A cutscene shows Lara approaching the hole. Before jumping, something catches her attention. She heads near a darkened pile of cloth. It’s man. A dead mercenary. Beside him, a harpoon gun. Lara picks it up. She looks at him “Wonder if he’s the only one?”.
You regain control of her with a freshly gained harpoon gun. Pick up the large medi-pack and another slot of harpoons that are beside the deceased mercenary(you have twelve at hand). Head to the hole and jump in. You find yourself in a sewage pipe. A few rats ahead. Dispose of them. Be careful, as they are cunning and hide until you pass them and attack from behind. Also, there are a few holes in which you can plummet(five in number) You can light a flare, but you can still distinguish them even in the partial darkness. Simply pay attention to the ground. It’s still covered with water. Where there is no reflection, there is a hole. You can easily jump over them. The sewer pipe ends.
A large room ahead. But you are too high up. Come near the edge and grab it. Release to grab hold of a crevice bellow. You can now use the bricks to climb down. Watch out for the insecure ones that fall out. You reach the ground. Grab your guns and be prepared.
A large reptilian like creature will attack. Avoid its tail(it has a poisonous spike which will take out half of Lara’s health). To kill it faster, use the harpoon gun. Aim towards the head and neck. Keep dodging and jumping, as the creature is incredibly fast.
It will take some time to kill it, but be patient and cautious. Once it’s dead, take a look around. The room is lighted in a pale blue tone. Look down. There is a movable tile. It will take some effort to move it. Lara will often stop to rest. But once you succeed, you reveal a switch. Press it. Another three tiles will slide and reveal three statues. They rise up. Three silver snakes, and their entangled victim. Here is where the previous drawings will come in handy (if you did not come across them, look on the walls around this room. They are painted here as well, but very small and worn off. You can find them on the left handed wall from where you exited through the sewer pipe)
The statues are placed in one line. From where you came you begin. You have to push their heads in the right direction. The first snake’s head looks down. The second one looks to its right. As for the third one, there is no hint. But you can assume you make it look left.
A cutscene shows the walls shaking after completing the combination. A door slides down.
Grab guns and go through it. Immediately back away. Another reptilian creature will attack. Dispose of it. Still keep your weapons drawn. A hybrid lion will pounce. After finishing them, return to the third statue. Push the snakes head to make it face forward. Push it again to make it face up.
A platform will lower from the ceiling. You cannot reach it just yet, so move on past the door. Another ,short, corridor ,this time. Two bats will attack, so kill them.
Reaching the chamber of chaos:
The room ahead is a vast, deep pit overlapped by crumbling passage ways. A number of rusted horizontal poles lay above.
Go ahead and grab the ledge of the exit. Shimmy right ( looking behind Lara) and jump to grab another ledge. Vault up and walk sideways to your right hugging the wall to reach a crevice. Grab it and jump up towards a higher ledge. Climb up and go through the crawlspace. You reach the snake statue chamber. The secret is hung ahead. There is no way you can jump. Get your grapple. There are two solid metal sustainment polls on each side of the platform you are now standing on. Release the grapple hook towards the platform with the secret, entangling one of its platform chains. Now head towards one of the poles and attach your end of the rope to it. Make sure its secure (If it’s not., the hook will give way and you have to launch it again). Use the rope to cross over towards the secret. The second secret is a golden ritual pot. Cross the rope back and release the hook to regain your grapple. Head back through the crawlspace, or, attach the grapple to one of the poles and abseil down to the floor and go through the door. Either way, you have to go back to the pit and the entrance you first came through. From here, jump forward and throw grapple.(Note: this entire chamber is crumbling, so any sudden move ,apart from walking, must be done in haste. Otherwise, the scenery will give way, ending in Lara’s plummet to her death). Quickly swing forward and jump on the first passage. Walk a few feet. The section you landed on will fall down. Keep walking till its end. Jump sideways right to land on a small platform. Jump forward on a second passage and walk a few feet to avoid falling. Again, jump forward to swing on a another horizontal pole. You land on a stable platform near the wall.
A cutscene shows Lara’s attention distracted. She looks behind. In the darkness, two glowing eyes have pinned her. She grabs her guns and backs away, as another reptilian creature reveals itself. It’s far bigger than the others. She realizes she cannot fight it and turns to cross the pit.
You are now being chased by a demy basilisk. The road ahead is simpler than before( a set of stairs that run across and down the pit) Some are broken, others crumbling, so be careful. Run down the first steps and jump over the gap. Dash across the small platform and jump ahead to land on the stairs again. They start to crumble, so quickly jump forward where they are more secure. From here on, the creature will start to use the walls to walk upon. When it comes close to you, roll forward to avoid its bite (it will decapitate Lara if you are not careful).
Notice how you are descending. Jump forward across another gap in the stairs. Don’t be frightened by the long distance, since you are higher than where you have to land. Quickly roll once you land, as the stairs will give way upon landing. Speed up until you reach a small platform. Jump towards it.
A cutscene shows Lara looking up at a small ring in the ceiling. The creature is fast approaching. She throws her grapple and waits till the last possible moment. She jumps with the creature a few feet behind her. She hits and pushes herself against the wall in the opposite direction. She kicks the creature in mid air to avoid it as it heads and hits the wall head on. Lara lands back on the platform, and we here a crunch behind her.
Now, you are stuck on the platform. You have to get to the ground. Jump and grapple the ring again and swing towards the wall. There is a small crack where the creature hit the wall. Jump to catch it. Shimmy left and jump to catch a ledge. Release it to grab another ledge bellow. Look to your right. There is a small ring located in the wall least then a foot away from where you stand. Get your grapple and make Lara place the hook around the ring. Watch out if she loses her balance. If she does, stop what you are doing and re-grab the ledge. Once the hook is placed, release your grip on the ledge. Your goal is to abseil down. Watch out for falling stones. Wall run to avoid them.
When you reach the end of your rope, wall run and jump to your right to grab a crevice in the wall. Throw a flare down. You can jump to the ground from here. Your current location is a higher clearing of the pit. It is still vast, and the floor is wet. There is a small medi-pack bellow the ledge. Get it.
A cutscene shows Lara coming close to a silver door. It is engraved with the head of the basilisk. She backs away a few steps to find the switch. The view pans to her reflection in the water. And to something lurking behind.
When you regain control, quickly turn to see the creature you thought you killed standing ready to attack. Arm your harpoon gun. The creature sliders around very fast. It prefers running on the walls using its claws and lashing at you from behind so watch your back when it’s out of your eye sight. Shoot at its head and dodge to avoid its tail. Remain in the center of the area as much as possible, so that you can easily see it as it runs across the walls. From time to time, it will come down to attack. If it does this, shoot a harpoon at its feet. The creature will shriek and jump back on the wall.
A custcene shows Lara almost killing it. A sudden explosion brings the final blow. Disorientated from the smoke, Lara looks towards the door to find it wide open. A man and his thugs are standing, waving their weapons. He shows Lara a grenade.
“My best friend since high school” he waves it near his head.
Lara doesn’t seem too surprised of the company.”And what a history you both have.”
“History which is expanding.” He replies with a smirk.
Lara throws an ironic smile and throws him a despicable look” I have a job to get back to. So step aside.”
“ Well, you see, your job ends here. In fact, it was supposed to end back when you refused to collaborate with us.”
“I don’t work with cheap treasure hunters.”
“Well then, work on your own, but on your own turf.”
Lara grabs her own grenade and hides behind her back. “This is my turf.” She rolls it towards them and runs back. They scour and enter through the door as it explodes. “Kill her.”
Now for some fun. You can either shoot the mercs and get rid of them easily, or you can beat them to a pulp using a little kickboxing. Either way, you still have to avoid their shots. The smoke that still hangs in the air will prevent them from having accurate aim, so you are not in total danger. Once they are down, you can choose to get a rifle. You will have to leave the harpoon gun behind. Grab a few fumigant bombs in the process(You can carry up to four) and move on. There is a long corridor. Ahead, one of the mercs releases a few captured lions. He runs off, leaving you against three animals. Dispose of them quickly. Go ahead and grab the rifle clip next to the cage. Proceed along the corridor that leads to the last room.
Before entering, a cutscene shows Lara examining a few drawings on the wall. They show the Serpentis Idol being removed from its resting place and a huge creature attacking as this happens. A sound deters her concentration. She walks in the room. No one is there. The room is flushed by a blue light from a small opening above. The rays that beam down land straight in the center. Around it, five marble pillars which bear a silver snake replica at the bottom. Lara surrounds it and examines the walls.On a far wall, a large carved basilisk. Leave that aside.
You have to solve this puzzle. The goal is to make the silver snakes slider around their pillars to the top. There are several switches located at the top of the room. Notice a movable block next to the basilisk carving. Remove the block and go inside. A long passageway goes up. Follow it. When coming to its end you will find another movable block. Leave it aside. Turn right to exit the corridor. You are now at the top of the room. Jump left and grab the first switch. The first snake starts wailing up its pillar. Jump back to the edge of the corridor and jump right to a ledge. Shimmy right and release to grab another ledge. Jump back grab a rope dangling from the ceiling. Turn around and swing to grab another rope. Swing on this one to your right and jump to get ahold of a crevice right above the basilisk carving. Shimmy left and jump on an extension of the carving. Turn the second switch. Another snake starts moving. Move on by jumping from the extension and on a platform. Watch out as it starts moving down. Quickly run and jump to grab the third switch. It crumbles as the snake goes up. Jump up to grab a ledge and shimmy left. Jump backwards and release the grapple towards the ring above. Turn and swing towards the entrance to grab the fourth switch. Quickly jump back, releasing the grapple again as the switch will crumble. Lower to ground level. Drop down and go back through the corridor with the movable black. There is a switch behind it. Pull it.
A cutscene shows a pedestal rising from the center of the room where the light beams down. Go there to get the third and final secret, the Stone of the Viper. After you get the secret, a cutscene shows Lara examining the pedestal. She reaches for her backpack and gets the plaque she had since the beginning, and places it on the pedestal. The last snake sliders around its pillar and the pedestal starts rising up. The Basilisk Idol is revealed. Lara looks at it closely. She suddenly throws out a cscream of pain and stumbles on the floor. Her shirt starts changing color at the back, as she bleed from a shot.
“Should have left, miss Croft.” we hear a voice from behind.
Lara stands up quickly. “ Whatever you do, don’t remove the Idol.”
The man gives little attention to her and heads towards the pedestal.”Now why shouldn’t I do it.”
“Just don’t.” she snapped back. For some reason she doesn’t use her guns.
“Foolish and superstitious. That’s how you are. You believe these two bit curses.”
“We’ll see.” She replied and backs away slowly. She is greeted by a handful of mercs from behind.
The man turns and heads towards the artifact. He removes it from its spot and waits a few moments. He then smiles and turns towards Lara. “You see. Nothing. Just worthless junk.”
Lara raises an eyebrow. The mercs suddenly scatter. The man looks behind slowly only to be greeted by a fierce array of teeth. The Basilisk had escaped its statue imprisonment and glares at the intruder in front. A scream was all he could give way to. The creature launches its mouth and kills him. The Idol drops down on the floor. Lara throws it a look then releases a fumigant bomb as the creature dashes towards her. The view pans outside the puzzle room and towards the pit. Lara runs out looking behind. When she looks ahead, a gruesome sight reveals. All the mercenaries are being slaughtered by packs of deny basilisks. One of them notices Lara and alerts a few of its comrades.
During this fight, you will be attacked by a few of the demy basilisks whilst the others butcher down the mercs. Do not worry about the basilisk behind you for now. Use the rifle. Whenever you run out of ammo, look around for fallen mercs to pick up clips.(for some reason , the supply of mercenaries does not diminish, so you will never be fighting the entire horde of creatures and there will also be an infinite display ammo available). When fighting, use the same technique as with the first demy basilisk encountered. Medi-packs are scattered aswell.
After you battle several creatures, a cutscene shows them running off. Mama basilisk reveals herself.
Once the cutscene ends prepare yourself to…..run for your life. You cannot kill the basilisk. Run as far back as possible to lure it from the entrance. This done, dash back and into the puzzle room. Two demy basilisk are waiting, so get rid of them as rapid as possible. They end up dead when mama basilisk comes back, as she gives little interest and easily squashes her subalterns. Look around for the Idol. It is near the former basilisk carving. Get it and hold on to it. You now have to anger mama basilisk. Pay attention, as several demy basilisks might show up from time to time(Hint: you don’t need to kill the, only avoid them, as mama will do the rest).
When she is angered, she will throw herself towards you. Dodge her attack and let her hit the walls. She will remain disorientated for a few moments, allowing to enough time to place the Idol on the pedestal. The basilisk will strain and start hitting the walls as it turns to stone. Her tail will lash at the Idol and remove it. You have to repeat the process at least three times for the basilisk to be completely petrified.
But it isn’t over. You are still being attacked by demy basilisks and (for unknown reasons) the temple starts to fall apart. Quickly grab the Idol and start climbing the petrified basilisk. You reach the top. Jump and grab the edge of the small hole in the middle. Vault up. You are now standing in a large tower. There is a corridor to your left. Go through it. Kill the three lions that attack. Keep running. Several boulders will stumble ahead. Avoid them. Keep running paying close attention to the falling debris. The tunnel becomes more cramped. Lara’s legs begin to weaken.
A cutscene shows her reaching the exit. She is tired and stops a few moments. A hiss makes her turn. The last demy basilisk is ready to pounce. Lara’s eyes widen. Just as it was ready to attack, the ground shakes intensely and a bolder drops from above and kills it. Lara takes a few deep breaths and heads to the exit.
The sun warms her face. She walks forward and passes the last ruins of the temple. Where was she? She keeps on walking. Closing her eyes, she recovers from her panic state. She opens them.
A few kids are staring at her, mouth wide opened. Lara throws a bewildered look at them then looks beyond. A group of tourists is settled among the ruins. A few feet ahead, the pit she first went through. She smiles and tells the kids to go back to their parents. She sits down and takes the Idol out of her backpack. The Silver Basilisk Idol has been found. A sound startles her. Her PDA. She throws the basilisk back in the backpack and takes the PDA out. A message.”Found the Ashenta Temple, India.”
Lara grins and rises up. Grabbing her headset(which we had no idea she possessed out of clear reasons) she performs a call.
“Winston. I’m going to India.”
The End
(Finnally and sry for its length:o)

God Horus
09-07-07, 17:30
Walkthrough Contest Over. Winners have been announced in the Results thread. Congratz! It was a very close contest!