PDA

View Full Version : Random girl..

MiCkiZ88
04-07-07, 09:06
Well not really that random..
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/mickiz/Boredomaltered.jpg

It's an edit from another photoshop drawing I posted sometime ago in another thread. I didn't do the red dress at all.. just tried to fix her face & hair. I don't know which version I like the best. This?

Or the original one:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g22/mickiz/160520074244-2.jpg

I don't know if her face looks better now though..
I was just bored this morning -_-

Lara.Jolie7
04-07-07, 09:27
:tmb:

Alex Fly
04-07-07, 09:31
Wow stunning ! The newest is my fav but they are both great ! :tmb:

Reggie
04-07-07, 11:39
To be honest I prefer the first one. The more relaxed look with hair seems to suit her more.

I've been experimenting with this sort of style recently and its actually quite difficult. So I can tell that a lot of work actually goes into it.

Keep it up! :tmb:

Edit: On closer inspection, I find it freaky how the picture I've been experimenting with has the exact same pose as above. (only in the opposite direction). Mind you, I'm working from the cover of a Norah Jones album ;)

kryptonite23
04-07-07, 11:44
Wonderfol work Micki!!:tmb:

Vickkyyy
04-07-07, 16:31
OMG she looks GORGEOUS ! :]]]
i love it ! :D

Chocolate
04-07-07, 17:42
Beautiful! I prefer the second one although I love both of them. :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
04-07-07, 18:23
To be honest I prefer the first one. The more relaxed look with hair seems to suit her more.

I've been experimenting with this sort of style recently and its actually quite difficult. So I can tell that a lot of work actually goes into it.

Keep it up! :tmb:

Edit: On closer inspection, I find it freaky how the picture I've been experimenting with has the exact same pose as above. (only in the opposite direction). Mind you, I'm working from the cover of a Norah Jones album ;)
I was trying to do something swirly and beautifull rather than straight & spiky hair (like I usually do) :D
The technic to do that kind of hair isn't really that difficult. It's just about highlights, shadows and smudge frenzy :D

Haha.. I think I might have seen her sometime but I can't picture her right now =/ The girl I drew does remind of someone though >_>

Beautiful! I prefer the second one although I love both of them. :tmb:

In the second one she seems curious and.. well.. speedy :D On the first one I tried to make her look more 'princess' like and calm.

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

Autolycus
05-07-07, 06:52
Awesome work Micki :tmb:
I like them both but if i had to choose i prefer the original one.

Sedge
05-07-07, 13:14
I prefer the second one, it's more.. how'd I say.. elegant! Especially the hair, smoooo~th. :p
Her right eye could be sharper though, if the lashes and green colour were distinguished clearer? ^__^

Lara Croft!
05-07-07, 15:18
Great work Mixu!!!

MiCkiZ88
05-07-07, 18:53
Thanks for the comments :)

I'm getting confused which one you guys prefer <_<
The face is supposed to be better and more realistic in the first one on my post.. Though she does look sweet in it..

@Sedge: I added some sharper lines on the newer one. But I wanted a soft touch and not any sharp edges.

Reggie
05-07-07, 18:59
Micki, this may sound cliche but have a quick glance at both versions. What does your gut instinct tell you? what matters most is your own opinion, because you know yourself and how you want to progress better than anyone else here. ;)

I'm not sure if that helps but that's what I've learnt to go by when trying to make a decision over which version of something is best.

Zolee
05-07-07, 19:00
Pretty good!;):)

MiCkiZ88
05-07-07, 19:19
What does your gut instinct tell you?

What Dolli thinks :vlol:

I have my view on the drawings already. Why else would I edit for better if I wasn't satisfied in the original one.

Cheers guys :)

Sara Croft
05-07-07, 19:31
Very.. very ... http://smileyonline.free.fr/images/gif/dort/vignette/thumbnails/drooling1_gif.gif

Reggie
05-07-07, 19:37

Maybe I shouldn't have asked :p

I have my view on the drawings already. Why else would I edit for better if I wasn't satisfied in the original one.

Cheers guys :)

That's the main thing. I don't know about you but I've got a problem whereby I become too reliant on other people's opinions. Yeah, its good to have feedback but I've had to keep telling myself that my opinion counts too. Just thought it would be worth sharing that mantra with you - though you probably don't need it, you seem to be doing fine both with your works and attitude towards it ;)

Pipolinne
05-07-07, 21:37
See? I told you your hair design would improve a lot if you abandon the manga/anime look ;).

For some obscure motive,she reminds me of the actress who played Lady Chatterley, Marina Hands (http://www.evene.fr/celebre/biographie/marina-hands-21613.php): the same false calm look, the curiosity, the air of a english country house lady,but,simultaneously , a nymph or other some nature being.

Paperdoll
05-07-07, 21:51

I resent that :vlol: being compared to a gut instinct!!! XD

Well IMO the first one looks much better, not only because of the dress but also because of the hair. It's much more natural. Being anime-ish and spikey doesn't mean that the hair can't flow naturally, which it doesn't on the second one. Anyways awesomeness dearest :D

vespertea
06-07-07, 01:42
Beautiful! I like the first one the best. It seems more well-made and realistic. The second one is good, though. Very nice work, I like it. :)

ivannnnn
06-07-07, 08:40
LOL she's eleganteyy :cln:

tombraiderluka
06-07-07, 10:10
Nice :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
06-07-07, 18:05
Maybe I shouldn't have asked :p
:p
That's the main thing. I don't know about you but I've got a problem whereby I become too reliant on other people's opinions. Yeah, its good to have feedback but I've had to keep telling myself that my opinion counts too. Just thought it would be worth sharing that mantra with you - though you probably don't need it, you seem to be doing fine both with your works and attitude towards it ;)
I still am a bit reliant on others opinions. But it's good to hear to suggestions from members here. Especially Pipolinne & Paperdoll give me awesome feedback. Without them I wouldn't have progressed at all.
See? I told you your hair design would improve a lot if you abandon the manga/anime look ;).

For some obscure motive,she reminds me of the actress who played Lady Chatterley, Marina Hands (http://www.evene.fr/celebre/biographie/marina-hands-21613.php): the same false calm look, the curiosity, the air of a english country house lady,but,simultaneously , a nymph or other some nature being.

Indeed :) I'm just very biased about hairstyles. But I just happened to experiment more curly and elegant hairstyles and I came up with this.

Hmm.. she does have reseamblance. Thanks for the link :tmb:
I resent that :vlol: being compared to a gut instinct!!! XD

Well IMO the first one looks much better, not only because of the dress but also because of the hair. It's much more natural. Being anime-ish and spikey doesn't mean that the hair can't flow naturally, which it doesn't on the second one. Anyways awesomeness dearest :D
:D

What do you think of her face now. You told me in the previous thread that her left side seemed wrong. I tried to bring her right eye closer to her nose and make her nose a bit differend. Her mouth is edited aswell.. but it still seems a bit of though. Should be pointed more to her right I guess?

Thanks everyone :wve:

Tombreaper
06-07-07, 18:34
That's very beautiful Mkz :tmb::tmb: