PDA

View Full Version : Next Generation Lara Drawing (Early AoD)

RockSteady101
06-07-07, 21:05
Criticism PUH-lease :wve:

The Stuff On Lara's Hands Is Wetners Blood BTW ;)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/JacksonHellfire/lLVLCTR028.jpg

Nemo_91
06-07-07, 21:09
Wow! Very nice work! :tmb:

RockSteady101
06-07-07, 21:10
Wow! Very nice work! :tmb:

Thank You Very, Very Much :wve:

ashnar
06-07-07, 21:17
Great work:tmb:Amazing

RockSteady101
06-07-07, 21:19
Great work:tmb:Amazing

Greatly Appreciatted, Thanks Ashnar :hug:

ashnar
06-07-07, 21:25
You should participate in the drawing sc:)

RockSteady101
06-07-07, 21:26
You should participate in the drawing sc:)

Y'know, I Think I Will, Thanks For The Encouragement Pal

:hug:'z And :wve:'z

lita212
07-07-07, 01:45
that pic is cool. i can remember when i first saw the next gen lara, i loved it. i wish they stuck with that version.

Zamboni
07-07-07, 02:41
Umm... Blind encouragement won't make a person better you know?

I am no artist but I wouldn't say the drawing is "great" or "amazing". In fact I suggest more practice and perhaps lessons. Don't take this as an offense but you're gonna need more than that to impress in the real world.

You're probably all gonna kill me for this but I do not think it's necessary to pay pointless compliments to every work of effort (or otherwise) regardless of its quality. To do so would be patronizing and, in my opinion, be disrespectful to the person who created the work.

vespertea
07-07-07, 05:56
Umm... Blind encouragement won't make a person better you know?

I am no artist but I wouldn't say the drawing is "great" or "amazing". In fact I suggest more practice and perhaps lessons. Don't take this as an offense but you're gonna need more than that to impress in the real world.

You're probably all gonna kill me for this but I do not think it's necessary to pay pointless compliments to every work of effort (or otherwise) regardless of its quality. To do so would be patronizing and, in my opinion, be disrespectful to the person who created the work.

I agree whole-heartedly.

I'm not much of an artist either, but I know enough to pinpoint things that need to be improved, and how to improve them. The drawing itself isn't great, but the effort you've put behind the drawing is noteworthy. The detail with textures, folds, shadows, etc are excellent, and I'm not just saying that to be polite. Like I said in the other thread, though, proportion is key when drawing people.

There are several different art styles out there. Cartoony, anime, realistic, comic, etc. I'm not sure which art style you're going for, but most artists start off by drawing their characters as shapes. http://tearain.tripod.com/hp/draw/draw.html Like that. I think that'll help a lot. It did for me, lemme tell ya. :p My art was horrible until I started off by drawing the character in shapes first.

Anyway, I don't want to be criticized for giving constructive criticism. I'm not an incredible artist at all, but I think being honest is a lot more effective and beneficial than giving a person false flattery.

scoopy_loopy
07-07-07, 08:37
again, its all about the proportions. There are thousands of good website out there to teach you how if it doesnt come naturally.

Alex Fly
07-07-07, 09:29
Nice work !