PDA

View Full Version : Beginnings At Cafe' Metro

RockSteady101
07-07-07, 00:27
This Picture Is Based On A Deleted Conversation Cutscene Between Lara And Kurtis In The Cafe' Metro ;)

BTW, The Thing Kurtis Has Under The Table Is A Periapt Shard :)

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q279/JacksonHellfire/lLVLCTR029.jpg

vespertea
07-07-07, 01:28
The detail and drawing concept are great. The thing you need to work on are proportions. I'm not sure if you were going for a comic/cartoony art style, or what. But I'll just give my thoughts: the heads are double the size they should be, the bodies and arms are squashed, and the hands are misshapen. You obviously have skill, as seen in the folding of the clothes and the shadows on Lara's jeans and shirt. So if you develop the proportions further, it'll be great.

Also, perspective. You should use perspective in your drawings when working with environments and objects. The perspective of the objects on the table seem to contradict each other, just because of the angle of the table and the angle of the objects.

I don't want to talk your ear off, though, if you're not interested. :o I'd be glad to help more if you want, but I don't want to sound like a know-it-all. Just givin' ya constructive criticism. :wve:

lita212
07-07-07, 01:43
awww that was cute :-)

i wouldnt pay attention to any ones thoughts unless there positive, this is your style of drawing and if you like it then stick to it. dont change for other people :-)

Zamboni
07-07-07, 02:45
I agree with vespertea. Perspective could really help.

Vickkyyy
07-07-07, 03:45
lmfao i like it !
i love the way kurtis has his cigarette in his mouth, lmfao

Little-Lara
07-07-07, 03:46
Ahhh. One can only dream.....:rolleyes:

vespertea
07-07-07, 04:17
awww that was cute :-)

i wouldnt pay attention to any ones thoughts unless there positive, this is your style of drawing and if you like it then stick to it. dont change for other people :-)

No, no! I wasn't being mean. It was constructive criticism. I was just telling the person some options of what they could do to improve, not bashing them. There's a very solid difference.

How can you improve if you don't know what needs improvement? Listening to only the positive comments will get you absolutely nowhere.

RockSteady101
07-07-07, 08:13
Ahhh. One can only dream.....:rolleyes:

What Should'a, Would'a...Could'a Been :(

scoopy_loopy
07-07-07, 08:31
hehehe. I think the real reason he is so quick to send her away is the fact that that isnt actually a shard :p

nice drawing though, it has great detail, but lacking sophisticated proportions.

RockSteady101
07-07-07, 08:34
hehehe. I think the real reason he is so quick to send her away is the fact that that isnt actually a shard :p

I Knew Someone Would Say That Eventaully...But You Scoopy_Loopy! :smk:

It Looks A LIttle On The Scabby Side Don't You Think? *Barf*

scoopy_loopy
07-07-07, 08:39
I Knew Someone Would Say That Eventaully...But You Scoopy_Loopy! :smk:

It Looks A LIttle On The Scabby Side Don't You Think? *Barf*

:vlol: well, thats what you get for experimenting with a five bladed spinning disc that has a mind of its own :cln:

Alex Fly
07-07-07, 09:30
Cute drawing ! :tmb:

lita212
07-07-07, 09:43
No, no! I wasn't being mean. It was constructive criticism. I was just telling the person some options of what they could do to improve, not bashing them. There's a very solid difference.

How can you improve if you don't know what needs improvement? Listening to only the positive comments will get you absolutely nowhere.

thats so not true. i used to draw very similar to that when i was 12 and over the years i got better. not because i was told how to draw but because when you grow up you get better and better. i went from doing drawings like that to doing drawings like this:
http://www.geocities.com/lita_moonsault212/ANGELIN.jpg
if ya want a larger scan just ask n i will post it 2morow

Nemo_91
07-07-07, 09:44
Nice work! :tmb: I like your drawings. :D

RockSteady101
07-07-07, 10:14
Maybe The Reason My Drawings Don't Appeal To An Expertese Type Of Standard Is Because I'm 13?

Jeez', I Can't Be GRE-Mazing At My Age Yet, I Think I Just Have A Natural Ability To Draw What I Want The Way I Want It, I Think I'll Pick It Up Along The Way ;)

lita212
07-07-07, 10:31
Maybe The Reason My Drawings Don't Appeal To An Expertese Type Of Standard Is Because I'm 13?

Jeez', I Can't Be GRE-Mazing At My Age Yet, I Think I Just Have A Natural Ability To Draw What I Want The Way I Want It, I Think I'll Pick It Up Along The Way ;)

exactly. your drawing is great for your age. i used to draw just like you and now that im 18 ive learnt so much on my own as you can tell by the drawing of angelina i just posted above.
dont pay attention to the nasty people who think they know it all because they dont.

vespertea
07-07-07, 10:56
thats so not true. i used to draw very similar to that when i was 12 and over the years i got better. not because i was told how to draw but because when you grow up you get better and better. i went from doing drawings like that to doing drawings like this:
http://www.geocities.com/lita_moonsault212/ANGELIN.jpg
if ya want a larger scan just ask n i will post it 2morow

Okay, then I take back what I said about how only listening to positive comments will get you "absolutely nowhere." That was an overstatement, and I'm sorry, but I still don't think it'll get you very far. Improvement doesn't just pop out of thin air. In your case, you just improved as you went along without considering "negative comments." Which is great! Good for you! But from what you've told me, I think if you listened to the negative comments (that COULD have been constructive criticism), you would have gone a lot farther a lot quicker. Don't get me wrong, though, your drawing is beautiful.

And you can't deny that constructive criticism is helpful. That's why it's called constructive criticism. True, as you mature you become more skilled in your abilities, but knowing what skills you need to hone in on will make a world of difference -- instead of just drawing blindly, hoping your drawings will just start to magically look better over time.

dont pay attention to the nasty people who think they know it all because they dont.

Now that is what I call an overstatement. I'm not a nasty person. :vlol: (I seriously burst out laughing when I read that) I'm being honest, helpful, and giving good advice to RockSteady101, as well as encouragement (if you read my posts carefully). I don't "know it all." I'm not what you'd call a true artist. But I know enough to help someone out, and if you can't understand that, then maybe you shouldn't go around name-calling.

NightWish
07-07-07, 14:22
ME LOVES! Though in the end lara says: dont let me distract you from your paper - thast all she should say in the last bubble

Little-Lara
08-07-07, 05:59
What Should'a, Would'a...Could'a Been :(

Yes.................cue a sad song. :o

bloodstormaoa
08-07-07, 09:33
1. Very nice Rocksteady101:tmb: Good job

2.I do agree with Vespereta however. Very sage constructive critism was offered there and you would very wise to take it in, even considering your age. I don't understand why some people jumped down Vessy's throat, as in most of his drawings Rocksteady101 asked for critism and that was constructive critism at its best.

:wve:

larson n natla
08-07-07, 09:42

you did ask for constructive critism so thats what you will get. personally im very honest if i dont like things i dont like them. and perfectly honest i dont like this picture very much, i liked your lars new weapon one emensly though :jmp::jmp::jmp: (see i nearly gotcha there didn't i) yep the other one was great and the only critism i can give this one it lara she looks.... (please dont hate me i apologize in advnce and i don't want to be mean) manly :( im really sorry i think that your better suited to drawing objects (keys ect) than humans and im not being mean im mearly telling you so that you can think of areas of wich to improve.

I cannot draw aswell as you can and therfor i must complement you but please dont take my post the wrong way your a great artisit but the only problem is proportion sort that and you get an A* from me for this work im gunna give you an A ;) well done

Lavinder
08-07-07, 13:17

:rolleyes: It's only constructive criticism, get over yourself and stop molly coddling him/her. Yes this is their style of drawing, but if she/he did want to draw more realistically then he/she still has the option to take the persons advice - vespertea is merely showing an opinion.

I really like your drawing RockSteady101, although I am biased because I tend to take quite a fancy to Kurtis, and I really wish she had kept this missing part in :( You're really good at adding detail, keep it up :cln:

Autolycus
09-07-07, 07:48
Nice work. You sure thats a Periapt Shard under the table.