PDA

View Full Version : What do you all think of my drawings?

Angel_14
08-07-07, 19:22
Honestly tell me. I'm talking about my comic figures, and their look. I need some opinions, (Not praising, but I accept them too, lol) because I think they lack in something (besides realism). Do you guys like their look?
I really need your opinions, because if I do well, this might be more than just a hobby.
If you forgot, how they look like, here's a demonstration Click (http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/Adrienn_Steel/Untitled-1copy.png)

Thank you all for your attention :p:D

george_croft
08-07-07, 19:32
I actually like your style of drawing Adri. Your getting better with each comic, and the level of detail is getting much better :)

Adding slightly more characteristic faces(features, expressions etc) could make them even better.

Follow down the road your currently on, you'll get better and better with time:wve:

vespertea
08-07-07, 19:39
I actually like your style of drawing Adri. Your getting better with each comic, and the level of detail is getting much better :)

Adding slightly more characteristic faces(features, expressions etc) could make them even better.

Follow down the road your currently on, you'll get better and better with time:wve:

I agree with George_Croft. I like your comic style!

Like he said, one thing that could help is add more facial expression. Add more intensity to their personality -- give it a bit more flavor, so to speak. Move their arms around between panels, change the shape of their eyes to match what they're saying/how they're feeling (since eyes are key indicators of emotion), etc.

That's just my two cents. Keep up the good work! :wve:

Angel_14
08-07-07, 19:45
Thanks :D Believe me, I would've done more expressions and moves, if I wouldn't be so damn lazy :whi:

MiCkiZ88
08-07-07, 19:50
Hrm.. I wonder how many times I've said it. But I seriously love your comic style. It's almost perfect as it is. Well aside from the things that George said. More facial detail and expressions :)

And those drawings are pretty unique. I doubt I've ever seen that kind of style before. So.. keep it!

danitiwa
08-07-07, 19:59
I absoloutely love the humor and the style of your comics! It's very nice to look at and usually gives me a laughing cramp. :D

Reggie
08-07-07, 20:31
I like your style. Didn't you say that you use calligraphy brushes in photoshop? I think you should stick with that and try and develop it. The exaggerated and cartoony look also suits the humourous context of the comics you make.

I do have a couple constructive criticisms and they are that maybe you should work on tidying up the "boxes", perhaps use a ruler? You could even try some alternative boxes (e.g. slanted lines) but that might not suit the context...

And also the speech/thought bubbles. I'd suggest that you use pencil and do them by hand and then go over them in photoshop. When you (or else) use the computer bubbles, they tend to be more difficult to fit thew text you want to put in. Or perhaps you want have more creative freedom with the style of speech boxes you use for more effect.

I've looked up on this kind of thing because I was interested (and still am) in working on manga...I'm not sure how that would translate.

At the end of the day, you're obviously very good at what you do and I've always enjoyed reading your comic pages. So I actually feel awkward giving advice to you when I'm an amateur and you're skilled at what you do ^_^'

Best of luck with your aspirations :tmb:

NightWish
08-07-07, 21:08
Click (http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/Adrienn_Steel/Untitled-1copy.png)

Kurtis lacks his... GOATEEE! :p but its awesome angel - u know I love it! and maybe a skull thingie on his shirt but thats not a must :D

star girl
08-07-07, 21:11
It's sweet - your writing style is sweet :p

I'm saying that because I look damn cool in that comic :p

Taylour
09-07-07, 05:34
Work a little more in realistic anatomy so that playing with anatomy in cartoons is easier :)

It really helped me to know human anatomy before I started comic illustration :)

top-toddy
09-07-07, 06:43
i think ur kurtis the the BEST MOST FABBITY FAB kurtis is the world

and i love u for that

Angel_14
09-07-07, 07:14
Kurtis lacks his... GOATEEE! :p but its awesome angel - u know I love it! and maybe a skull thingie on his shirt but thats not a must :D
1. I hate the goatee. So I cut it out :p
2. Kurtis wears a different shirt. Not the skull one:P

Taylour - Believe me, I could draw better cartoons, if I want, but that's what I'm capable of: slim bodies and over-sized heads XD

thanks all for your reply. I was doing comics in different styles, maybe I'll post them:)

Autolycus
09-07-07, 07:41
It looks really good. You've got a nice style of drawing there.

lita212
09-07-07, 16:25
omg i loves it lol. did you draw that lelo one aswell!! omg if you did id love to see a full version shes ace. that kurtis drawing is really cool. you could definatly be a comic artist

Sara Croft
09-07-07, 16:52
I love em. I fidn them very humerous! xD

NightWish
09-07-07, 18:30
1. I hate the goatee. So I cut it out :p
2. Kurtis wears a different shirt. Not the skull one:P

tsk tsk tsk :p Why did you cut it!? Its awesome and fluffy :vlol:

danitiwa
11-07-07, 13:22
omg i loves it lol. did you draw that lelo one aswell!! omg if you did id love to see a full version shes ace. that kurtis drawing is really cool. you could definatly be a comic artist

Lelo, as in Lelo and stitch?? :D

Dakaruch
11-07-07, 13:34
well i guess that you're really good at it!!! but hey i can't even make a drawing of some basic thing :p
i guess a little work in their facial expressions and it will do just fine :D

and thanks for the help in killing that proto nephilin!!! :D

touchmyheart
11-07-07, 14:06
I think your style is great the way it is. Its original and interesting, I wouldnt change a thing about it (not sure if that's what you want to hear, but its true :D)

Rynn
11-07-07, 14:20
Great drawing! Looks cute too. :D