PDA

View Full Version : My 3D Meddlings...

scoopy_loopy
11-07-07, 14:33
After looking at Rynn's fantastic 3D artwork, I felt inspired to try some of my own. And with his help at program choosing, here are some of my results after a day and a half with the program. Let me know what you think, constructive critisism helps. Especially now that Im still new and not in any habits yet:

Rynn
11-07-07, 14:49
Sheesh, you are doing so great! I really got to get you some links with more stuff you can use, and perhaps some tutorials. :D
Going to work on that right now. :jmp:

scoopy_loopy
11-07-07, 14:54
Sheesh, you are doing so great! I really got to get you some links with more stuff you can use, and perhaps some tutorials. :D
Going to work on that right now. :jmp:

I feel like a kid on christmas, you being santa! :D

Do you have and IM at all?

Quasimodo
11-07-07, 14:55
I like the last one a lot :D

There's always been something rather dead-looking about poser/daz models to me. Perhaps the eyes are too glassy. Or because they're always smiling. Looks like 3-D models are poseable right down to the toes these days, and that's darn impressive.

Jin Uzuki
11-07-07, 15:04
That's after a day and a half? I commend you! :tmb:

Rynn
11-07-07, 15:26
Yes I got your message. :) You should have one, err two replies Scoopy. :D

Quasimodo, you are right about that. But lots can depend on tiny details in poses and lighting. Plus post work, can sometimes do real wonders. There are some people who are so amazingly talented with it that they can make renders that look practicaly like a photograph.
Working with poser/daz studio does have it limitations, but in the end it is the user who can decide how far he/she is willing to go. Do you get other programs to build your own clothing, textures, or to do postwork? All up to the person who works with it. :)

scoopy_loopy
11-07-07, 15:36
I retextured the lame fairy leaf stuff with photoshop to get my expensive looking effect, so your right. Its all done to how much you really want to take it.

A wip I really want to build a scene around:

That pose took me hours, and its my first with custom everything bar her skin texture :)

Alex Fly
11-07-07, 15:45
Good work ! :tmb:

Rynn
11-07-07, 15:59
Yay, great work!

pEhouse
11-07-07, 19:37
Good work ;) How did you do it? I wanna learn that too.. feel free to im me ;)

Rynn
11-07-07, 20:00
On page 2 of this thread: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=101505 you will find the info I posted there. If you download the program I link there you can get started with this just like scoopy. :)

tomblover
11-07-07, 20:42
In the first post's second picture, her boobs are a bit too low down her chest. :p Otherwise it's great! :D

scoopy_loopy
12-07-07, 00:59
In the first post's second picture, her boobs are a bit too low down her chest. :p Otherwise it's great! :D

LOL, oh your right! Its that freaking jacket, its not designed to go over my other stuff, so I think she's alittle smooshed.

sdp93
12-07-07, 16:26
I've been looking for a program like this, but I don't think my parents would let me buy it.

SLY
12-07-07, 16:35
she looks like jennifer garner ... great job on those they're awesome

Rynn
12-07-07, 19:45
sdp93, Daz studio is completely free. It's only for certain extra modules that you have to pay. But what scoopy is working with is all free.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/?
You can find info and the download if you follow this link. :)

tranniversary119
12-07-07, 19:54
Looks great!

scoopy_loopy
13-07-07, 00:33
I've been looking for a program like this, but I don't think my parents would let me buy it.

Yes, Daz|Studio is completely free. There is even are large content download in there for free aswell, (unfortunately its all fairy nonsense) but you can change it all with an image editor like photoshop or cut and pasting with paint.

scoopy_loopy
13-07-07, 02:24
yay, I have a male character now :p

: putting up a new picture, old one wasnt quite right :

What do you think? Still a WIP you may notice he hasnt any eyebrows or skin detail.

sdp93
13-07-07, 02:32
sdp93, Daz studio is completely free. It's only for certain extra modules that you have to pay. But what scoopy is working with is all free.
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/software/studio/-/?
You can find info and the download if you follow this link. :)

Yes, Daz|Studio is completely free. There is even are large content download in there for free aswell, (unfortunately its all fairy nonsense) but you can change it all with an image editor like photoshop or cut and pasting with paint.

Oh, thanks.

Edit: Do I have to register to download it?

scoopy_loopy
13-07-07, 04:27
Oh, thanks.

Edit: Do I have to register to download it?

yes you do.

here's some of a guy model I finally got to work lol:

amiro1989
13-07-07, 04:48
It really looks like Single!

Autolycus
13-07-07, 06:51
Looks awsome :tmb:

Zac Medley
13-07-07, 06:54

I don't know, looks pretty natural to me. I guess every woman is required to look like she's wearing a push-up bra these days.

tomblover
13-07-07, 09:52
I don't know, looks pretty natural to me. I guess every woman is required to look like she's wearing a push-up bra these days. Just a tiny bit, though.

scoopy_loopy
13-07-07, 15:50
Here's a couple more, including a face close up. And now I really need to go to bed :yawn:

tomblover
13-07-07, 16:04
Lövely! :p :)

sdp93
13-07-07, 16:55
yes you do.

Thanks. If I didn't have to, I didn't want to do it accidently.

I love those last pictures. The church in the background is great.