PDA

View Full Version : Don't you think I am the biggest inverstigator, fan, expert of AOD?

Aurimas
12-07-07, 14:27
Sorry, but this may sound selfish, but this isn't. I think that I am the biggest inverstigator, fan, expert of AOD who always searching for unfinished parts writting thousand letter for various people and asking abot AOD. Bougt that game 5 times, playing it every week and mostly discusing it in here, probably more than 70% of my post are in this section, 15 are in other section asocialted with AOD. I am only playing tomb raider.
So what the point of this thread?!
The point is that wanted to ask if I am the only one here acting like this? If here is someone who carrying about TR more than me and likes Tomb Raider (not even the Angel of darkness, I mean Tomb Raider) more tha me?
So it would be intresting to hear some people opinios about this and why they think they are the biggest TR fans.

Survival
12-07-07, 14:43
Sorry, but this may sound selfish, but this isn't. I think that I am the biggest inverstigator, fan, expert of AOD who always searching for unfinished parts writting thousand letter for various people and asking abot AOD. Bougt that game 5 times, playing it every week and mostly discusing it in here, probably more than 70% of my post are in this section, 15 are in other section asocialted with AOD. I am only playing tomb raider.
The point is that wanted to ask if I am the only one here acting like this? If here is someone who carrying about TR more than me and likes Tomb Raider (not even the Angel of darkness, I mean Tomb Raider) more tha me?
So it would be intresting to hear some people opinios about this and why they think they are the biggest TR fans.

I agree with you on many points. Im not an official member for long but Ive been visiting these forums since 2004 reading through all posts and sections and I must say youre the most active member "research-wise", especially considering AoD. Not only youre trying to find more and more, you dont keep it for yourself and you are willing to tell us everything youve found out, and that counts.

Im a die hard TR fan (Not only Tomb Raider of course I love mystery/adventure/horror games/movies/books) and one thing that always amazed me was how the TR games (early ones ie 1 - 6) felt REAL even though the levels often didnt make too much sense or were constructed from blocs and platforms it still felt real, the atmosphere was stunning and overall effect was very beliveable. Im doing plenty of research but on history facts and paranormal/mysteries but its a common thing I believe.

Anyway I wanted to thank you for plenty of informations/videos/pictures youve provided us and keep up a good work :).

And yes this thread sounds a little selfish :D

SLAYER
12-07-07, 15:34
*after thinking for a while* i think you are
now i hate you :ton:

thery might be people who know more than you know but they dont reveal \ share what they have, or dont tell thier sorce of info. so i dont think your selfesh because you show us everything you discovered. :tmb:

Survival
12-07-07, 15:50
*after thinking for a while* i think you are
now i hate you :ton:

thery might be people who know more than you know but they dont reveal \ share what they have, or dont tell thier sorce of info. so i dont think your selfesh because you show us everything you discovered. :tmb:

Like Core Design ex-employees :D

SLAYER
12-07-07, 16:36
lol , i think core ex-employees can't even talk about TR. eidos might sue them if they revealed anything, and they might lose thier jobs

Survival
12-07-07, 16:50
lol , i think core ex-employees can't even talk about TR. eidos might sue them if they revealed anything, and they might lose thier jobs

Well its higly unlikely Eidos would sue somebody because they told us what was AoD supposed to be like and what else was scrapped or unfinished.

My dream is that Core guys are still working on AoD in secret and paying everything from their own pockets :).

-DEBUG
12-07-07, 16:57
being the biggest investigator doesnt make you the biggest fan, :)

Alex Fly
12-07-07, 17:56
Well said ! :tmb:

maximum_123
12-07-07, 17:59

%100 true.

I %100 agree :p

Pietras
12-07-07, 18:04

You're a big Lara fan, cares about the TR games and does many interesting researchs (mostly about AoD, wich I like to read). But no, you're not the biggest TR fan simply because you can't measure how big TR & Lara (and anything else) fan someone is. It's an unmeasurable thing. And you're for certain not the biggest AoD expert because even the least important Core member propably knows more thing about it than you do (just because of fact being a part of the development team).

What's more, by admiting that TR is the only game you play you only shows that you can't call yourself the biggest TR fan because you don't have any comparison and reference to other games and the industry wich is very important.

And btw yes this sounds really selfish. It seems like this theard was created in need of attention wich is pretty childish.

My opinion :P

Reggie
12-07-07, 18:09
As someone who's spent almost the last 3 years researching Angel of Darkness and all other relevant topics surrounding its events, I could claim that I am the biggest researcher but to be quite frank, I would be ashamed to do such a thing.

I think that what our fellow TR fans have achieved together since 2003 ought to be commended. The people with whom I've worked with on the Reborn project have my total respect and I also respect those who have worked tirelessly on other projects, all the while researching and sharing that research for others to read up on.

Also, I think the Mysteries investigation unit deserves some recognition.

Yeah, you've been a great help for the cause, Aurimas and I'm sure that I and many others are grateful for helping out but to lay claim to being the biggest investigator is doubtful at best. Simply because I've seen how much effort everyone has put into investigating Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

Survival
12-07-07, 18:16
As someone who's spent almost the last 3 years researching Angel of Darkness and all other relevant topics surrounding its events, I could claim that I am the biggest researcher but to be quite frank, I would be ashamed to do such a thing.

I think that what our fellow TR fans have achieved together since 2003 ought to be commended. The people with whom I've worked with on the Reborn project have my total respect and I also respect those who have worked tirelessly on other projects, all the while researching and sharing that research for others to read up on.

Yeah, you've been a great help for the cause, Aurimas and I'm sure that I and many others are grateful for helping out but to lay claim to being the biggest investigator is doubtful at best. Simply because I've seen how much effort everyone has put into investigating Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness.

Very well said :) I agree 100% :).

Aurimas
12-07-07, 18:17

I am begger fan than inverstigator. ;)

SLAYER
12-07-07, 18:20

agreed

Rivendell
12-07-07, 18:26
Hail Reggie!

*Salutes*

:tmb:

RAID
12-07-07, 18:32
I think it's obsessive. Being the biggest fan of AOD and spending my time investigating unfinished stuff about, is not a title I would ask for, no matter how much I like a game...

Zac Medley
13-07-07, 07:06
I think that I am the biggest inverstigator, fan, expert of AOD who always searching for unfinished parts writting thousand letter for various people and asking abot AOD.

It depends, how much do you weigh?

AODdigger
13-07-07, 07:09
Yes, stop bragging :p But you are good ;)

aussie500
13-07-07, 07:24
Well it´s higly unlikely Eidos would sue somebody because they told us what was AoD supposed to be like and what else was scrapped or unfinished.

My dream is that Core guys are still working on AoD in secret and paying everything from their own pockets :).

Eidos would sue them, nearly everyone from Core signed a NDA, a non-disclosure agreement, which is a legal contract. This agreement would have most likely covered not only the cancelled 10th Anniversary game but AOD as well as other things. Nobody is going to waste time doing something they can never release or even tell the fans about, so l would give up that notion Survival, the Rebellion people have other projects now.

And yes Aurimas, you are addicted to AOD, no one else would spend that much time playing it.

Zac Medley
13-07-07, 07:30
And yes Aurimas, you are addicted to AOD, no one else would spend that much time playing it.

I could argue with that......