PDA

View Full Version : I Have Discovered A Subliminal Message In A TV Advert...

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 15:52
...And I'm Honestly Shockwaved! ;)

In The Latest Advert For The New Red Hot Look Shockwaves You See Some Adults With Some Cool Hairstyles Having A Good Ol' Waterfight, And At The End Of The Advert You Hear A Robotic Voice Announce The Word Shockwaves And Then The Products New Motto, Which Is STYLE.ATTRACT.PLAY. But Watch Closely At The Word PLAY As The Advert Ends, The Words .COM Will Appear At The End Of It!

Yes, I Definetly Saw It! Shockwaves Are Trying To Advertise www.play.com In Their Adverts. The Idea Is You See It In A Flash And Suddenly, You'll Recall The Words Play.Com Subcoinscessly (SP) And You May Feel A Strange Urge To Go On That Site!

Can Anyone Back Me Up On This And Maybe Find A Video Of The Advert On The Internet?

Thanks For Reading :wve:

*COUGH*Go On Play.Com!*COUGH* :p

Tomb-Raider
13-07-07, 15:57
Thats cool! I must see a video.. but my computer has no sound to it.. :(

Are you in the uk or us ?

Alex Fly
13-07-07, 15:58
Interesting... :)

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 15:59
Thats cool! I must see a video.. but my computer has no sound to it.. :(

Are you in the uk or us ?

I Don't Know If They're In The US, But They Are In The UK ;)

Angelus
13-07-07, 16:02
That's weird... since I'm shopping on play.com as I type this... :pi:

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 16:06
That's weird... since I'm shopping on play.com as I type this... :pi:

Watched Much TV Recently? :whi:

Angelus
13-07-07, 16:09
Watched Much TV Recently? :whi:

Not really. :p

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 16:13
Not really. :p

They've Brain-Washed You! OMGZ!1!!!1!

Legend of Lara
13-07-07, 16:14
Video needed! :pi:

talion
13-07-07, 16:16
I have seen this advert and I can remember seeing the same thing. Although when I saw it I thought that this was advertising the website that corresponded with the advert, although I did think of play.com :) I'll have to see it again to be sure.

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 16:17
Video needed! :pi:

It Isn't Anywhere On The Internet For Me...Can Anyone Else Find It? :confused:

mizuno_suisei
13-07-07, 16:18
OH MY GOD. Ive seen something similar. but this time, I feel its edging us to play TOMB RAIDER! (So i guess it is a good message then :p )

Here in Australia, on Channel 10 between 6pm and midnight, there is an advert for Panadol. It features a woman playing Lacrosse or something and she gets a headache. I think its for Panadol Rapid or something, and at a point of the ad where she goes to hit the ball, you hear Lara's grunt from AOD where she will vault up onto the ledge. I think you hear it at another point too, but im not quite sure where.

Zac, :wve:

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 16:19
I have seen this advert and I can remember seeing the same thing. Although when I saw it I thought that this was advertising the website that corresponded with the advert, although I did think of play.com :) I'll have to see it again to be sure.

Nope :tmb:
Check Their Official Website, No Mention Of Play.Com Promotions ;ect

>_>

talion
13-07-07, 16:21
ok, i think i have found the site i talked about:

http://www.style-attract-play.com/

maybe this is what it meant to advertise?

Tomb-Raider
13-07-07, 16:24
ok, i think i have found the site i talked about:

http://www.style-attract-play.com/

maybe this is what it meant to advertise?

That explains it!

RockSteady101
13-07-07, 16:26
That explains it!

*Goes Red* :o

mizuno_suisei
13-07-07, 16:27
LOL People make mistakes, I still think my previous post is a subliminal message though.

jamieoliver22
13-07-07, 16:28
I noticed the Play.com thing too, but I am sure they aren't trying to advertise it. They are advertising their own website which ends in play.com.

PS - And why do you type with every word capitalized? It is annoying and hard to read if I was to be quite honest.

xcrushterx
13-07-07, 16:29
I've heard of these messages (not this one in particular though) I also heard they were banned because they made people do the stragest things and cause accidents...

mizuno_suisei
13-07-07, 16:32
LOL. I was trying to remember where i learned the phrase "Subliminal Messages" from.

Anyone remember.
"Yvan Eht Nioj" ^_^

talion
13-07-07, 16:32
*Goes Red* :o

its still a kind of accidental subliminal message, cos when I saw it it did make me think of play.com :) and don't worry about it, we all make mistakes ;)

@mizuno - (about the sound effect) maybe, i think this happens quite a lot in TV these days :) I swear I have heard a background track from Myst in many TV programmes, and even a track from Medievil 2 :D

laralauraxxx
13-07-07, 17:43
hmmm interestin advertising ... not obvious though ..

remote91
13-07-07, 18:13
I would never notice that, then again cant honestly say I pay attention to adverts that much :p

Greenkey2
13-07-07, 19:16
A little bit of cynicism goes a long, long way... :pi: ;)