PDA

View Full Version : Lara Croft - She only plays for Sport

Reggie
13-07-07, 20:04
Note: I could do with some constructive critcism considering the more experimental nature of the pictures :)

---------------------------------------------------------

I've been experimenting with different styles a lot these past couple of weeks and this is the culmination of it:

Sketch + soft colours (made using pencils for shading and outline, mouse and photoshop for colouring)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/tsimy3/LC4Sportcolour_Layer1.jpg

Wallpaper Version (I've entered this wallpaper into the summer competition)

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/tsimy3/LaraCroftwallpaper_Layer1.jpg
>>Full size<< (http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/tsimy3/?action=view&current=LaraCroftwallpaper_Layer1-1.jpg)

These pictures were inspired by the original Tomb Raider, more precisely by the front cover pose and the famous line "I only play for sport" (making clear her motives for Tomb Raiding).

MiCkiZ88
13-07-07, 20:16
Nice.. You have that unique drawing style :tmb: I really like the first one because of the soft colours. But I'd like to see a sharper cheek structure.. It's a bit too round for my taste :) Other than that it's really good.

tranniversary119
13-07-07, 20:20
Wow i love that drawing. That would be perfect for comics. :D

danitiwa
13-07-07, 20:37
Nice.. You have that unique drawing style :tmb: I really like the first one because of the soft colours. But I'd like to see a sharper cheek structure.. It's a bit too round for my taste :) Other than that it's really good.

You manga person you! :p *shakes fist*

Lol, I like it, but she looks a bit masculine, perhaps if you added th braid over her shoulder? >.>

MiCkiZ88
13-07-07, 21:09

Lol, I like it, but she looks a bit masculine, perhaps if you added th braid over her shoulder? >.>

I'm anime person! :p I haven't watched any manga xD
But I'd like to see how she looks with thinner cheeks..

Reggie
13-07-07, 21:49

Yeah, I agree. Thanks for bringing that point up, I'll be looking more at that in the future. :tmb:

Wow i love that drawing. That would be perfect for comics. :D

Wow thank you. I'd love to look more into the comic genre so I'm really happy you think that this is suited to that kinda thing. Its what I'm shooting for :)

Thanks :) I would've put in a braid but I wanted to keep it strictly to how it looks on the cover (she looks quite masculine in that as well, I think).

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/tsimy3/Tomb_Raider_1_Box.jpg

I'm anime person! :p I haven't watched any manga xD
But I'd like to see how she looks with thinner cheeks..

You mean you haven't read any manga? I love reading it, but its so hard to get hold of in this country without ordering online (my mum doesn't trust in buying online :()

Nemo_91
13-07-07, 21:52
Beautiful drawing, Reggie! :tmb: You're very talented! :D ;)

MiCkiZ88
13-07-07, 21:53
You mean you haven't read any manga? I love reading it, but its so hard to get hold of in this country without ordering online (my mum doesn't trust in buying online :()

Yeah.. I haven't =/ I live in a small town and there really aren't any good stores that sell any manga or anime. Only the big markets have some Anime. But I haven't seen manga. :(

Tomb Raider 5194
13-07-07, 21:53
She looks quite good, looking forward to seeing more of your work. :tmb:

Alex Fly
14-07-07, 09:24
Great work ! :tmb:

Reggie
14-07-07, 11:15
Thanks everyone :hug:

Yeah.. I haven't =/ I live in a small town and there really aren't any good stores that sell any manga or anime. Only the big markets have some Anime. But I haven't seen manga. :(

Have you tried pestering your local bookstore to order to import from other countries? I tell them that if they can't order it for me, then I'll just have to find somewhere else. So then they order it for me and they usually don't charge me extra for ordering either. :D

Finding Fullmetal alchemist manga books are a royal pain in the ass though :(

Well, I'll be living in Japan after I finish college so there shouldn't be too much of a problem then!

MiCkiZ88
15-07-07, 00:06
Have you tried pestering your local bookstore to order to import from other countries? I tell them that if they can't order it for me, then I'll just have to find somewhere else. So then they order it for me and they usually don't charge me extra for ordering either. :D

Finding Fullmetal alchemist manga books are a royal pain in the ass though :(

Well, I'll be living in Japan after I finish college so there shouldn't be too much of a problem then!

I could try that.. thanks for the tip :tmb:

There are fma manga books? O_o I've only watched the anime serie on tv. And finding anime or manga wont be a problem there! :D Would love to go there sometime.

Reggie
15-07-07, 14:24
I've never actually watched the FMA anime series, so I guess we're equal? :p
Maybe when I'm there in Japan you should come over and visit...we can overdose on anime, manga, final fantasy etc. until we're sick of it LOL :D

MiCkiZ88
15-07-07, 14:33
Haha! Sure. Though I doubt I'd ever get sick of them :D

Now lets see some more drawings and stop spamming :whi:

Paperdoll
15-07-07, 14:44
Take me with you :( I so want to go to Japan someday, not actually live there, but at least be there for a few weeks or a month.

Anyways like I said before, progress dearie, mucho progress :D and I'm mucho proud :tmb: you're developing a very noticeable style and your female characters are gaining more female characteristics and traits. You should take more care with the proportions face wise, get things more aligned and such. Still, great job :tmb:

Reggie
15-07-07, 15:12
You're welcome to come along :D
I'll be staying there for a year teaching English to Japanese kids. I've read up on it...its quite a job to take up! (both in good, bad and downright ugly way)

I saw your comment from before. It means a lot to know that I'm progressing. I'm currently working on various doodles of fashion models that I copy from my mum's magazines. (they're actually useful for something now! :p)

Autolycus
16-07-07, 07:53
Great work Reggie :tmb: