PDA

View Full Version : brown recluse

amitabha
14-07-07, 05:25
OMG, I hate spiders! I'm staying at a family friends house watching dogs and noticed a huge spider that looked just like a brown recluse... i had no option but to kill it... i hate spiders. I saw the same kind of spider on my car after leaving the house a couple days earlier.

What should I do... i'm scared to go to sleep and it is almost bed time. what if there are more in the house?

vespertea
14-07-07, 05:35
ROFL! :vlol:

I feel your pain, don't worry. :wve: Spiders are one of my worst fears (as well as scorpions). If it were me, I'd stay out in the open, so if a spider were to come along, I'd see it in time.

Speaking of spiders, I was terrified in Temple of Xian in TR2, with the spider nest. ooooomg D:

amitabha
14-07-07, 05:38
Dont even mention tr2!! It took me forever to get past the first level... not because it was hard, but before you unlock that door.... and SUPRISE.. those buggers just jump at you like they haven't eaten for months.

oh and dont get me started with Resident Evil.

aren't brown recluse spiders deadly?

vespertea
14-07-07, 05:50
Dont even mention tr2!! It took me forever to get past the first level... not because it was hard, but before you unlock that door.... and SUPRISE.. those buggers just jump at you like they haven't eaten for months.

LOL! The first levels were creeeeepy.

um well ummmmmmm yeah sort of hahahaha. don't fall asleep :(:(:(

(Kidding. They're poisonous, but I don't think they're deadly)

Little-Lara
14-07-07, 05:52
:vlol: This reminds me of an interesting fact I found here:.... an average human eats 8 spiders while they are sleeping...... U should have gone shopping for repellents before it was bedtime. :o

Lara Coft Baby
14-07-07, 05:54
If this is the spider I think it is, my sister sent me any email. It was a guy who was bitten by one of these spiders on his thumb. And the skin and every thing on his thumb started dieing and he had a hole in his thumb. It was nasty, I've got pictures to :p

CAISACO
14-07-07, 06:00

oh and dont get me started with Resident Evil.

STOP BRINGING BACK THE HORROR!!!! :yik:
Honestly! :rolleyes:

We have so many spiders in our house. They just keep showing up. My cat likes it though, batting at them and making chirping noises when they crawl up a wall. Then I run to Mummy to kill the nasty little things.

We have double doors to the front house, and their is a little hole in the bottom part where the doors meet. I try to plug it up, but there people go an open the door.

Why do they even have to open the door? Like you need to open a door to get outside! Windows serve perfect there! :vlol:
:vlol: This reminds me of an interesting fact I found here:.... an average human eats 8 spiders while they are sleeping...... U should have gone shopping for repellents before it was bedtime. :o

:cen: I know! No wonder I sometimes wake up gagging to death chocking on "Something" :vlol: And I think it's food as well. *Shivers*

vespertea
14-07-07, 06:02
If this is the spider I think it is, my sister sent me any email. It was a guy who was bitten by one of these spiders on his thumb. And the skin and every thing on his thumb started dieing and he had a hole in his thumb. It was nasty, I've got pictures to :p

I've seen that! It's HORRIBLE. Fascinating, but horrible. :D

CAISACO
14-07-07, 06:08

Ummm. Was he even smart enough to actually go to the doctor and get medicine before this started? I have been bitten once by one, on the left arm went to the doctor that very day, perfectly fine.

Fish.
14-07-07, 06:45
Scary! :yik: Spiders are my biggest fear.

Brown recluses have a tan abdomen and a dark brown violin-shape on its cephalothorax. If it looked different, it wasn't a recluse, don't worry :wve:

I thought I saw one in my bedroom, but it wasn't - it was just a harmless species of wolf spider. :)

SpongeBob Lover
14-07-07, 06:51
leave the lights on and have spider repellent at hand

Mr.Burns
14-07-07, 14:27
Info on the Brown Recluse here (http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html). I haven't heard of anyone actually being killed by one but apparently it is possible. What you guys were describing is called necrosis of the skin (skin actually dies). All the info is in the link provided but sounds to me that as long as you're in good shape and keep a proper first aid kit, you should be fine :wve:

BtoFu
14-07-07, 14:32
Tyler Durden told me they're also known as Impala...kinda like the car. :cool: Pretty freaky to have those running around your house though...and I thought we were hard done by having regular house spiders here. :D

Rivendell
14-07-07, 14:56
noticed a huge spider that looked just like a brown recluse... i had no option but to kill it..

Agh, can't say I blame you - if ever I faced such a horrific creature I don't know what I'd do.

Though if I knew it was a Recluse then I'd probably just run. Fast.

Their bites necrotise the skin around the bitten area, but apparently the necrosis spreads. It's in the bloodstream.
Amputate a bitten thumb, and even then your wound would begin to necrotise. Amputate your hand, and your stumpy wrist would start.

It's evil in liquid form.

Lenochka
14-07-07, 15:52
^^

OMFG i had no idea they were that serious :S Scaaaaary, I dont want to look at them (Because every time i see even a picture of a spider i totally freakout and think there on me xD ) but does anyone know if these recluse *******s are in Michigan? If so i am packing my bags NOW!

Rivendell
14-07-07, 15:55
I'm rubbish at geography of the USA Mike, but checking wiki states they're in this area. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Distribution.loxosceles.reclusa.png)

Any help?
:confused:

Catapharact
14-07-07, 15:56
^^

OMFG i had no idea they were that serious :S Scaaaaary, I dont want to look at them (Because every time i see even a picture of a spider i totally freakout and think there on me xD ) but does anyone know if these recluse *******s are in Michigan? If so i am packing my bags NOW!

^ Sissy.

And this is exactly why I hate how animals get projected as the "Oh!!!! God they are out to get ya!" sort of way. Yeah its deadly but just keep in mind; You don't disturb it and it won't do anything to you. End of.

Already I have seen such moronic stories of Dobermans, Pitbulls, etc. being banned as a breed because people get scared out of their wits by just reading up such convoluted info on the breeds. Yeah they do get vicious but it all depends upon the treatment of the animal.

Lenochka
14-07-07, 15:57
Sissy? Why yes, thaaaats me :vlol: (Atleast i admit it :p)

Ooooh thank god! a few states away *sigh of releif* Spiders have always scared me :S any bug, my sister once gathered a bunch in a bucket and dumped them in my bed when i was like 6, and i have been terrified ever since :S
Oh and btw Michigan is the glove like state in the top right area =3

Catapharact
14-07-07, 15:58
Sissy? Why yes, thaaaats me :vlol: (Atleast i admit it :p)

Its nothing to be proud of, I assure you.

Lenochka
14-07-07, 16:02
Its nothing to be proud of, I assure you.

Meh, I don't mind if i scared of a few things. Everyone has something they fear. No matter how much some may try to hide it... I just don't mind putting it out there xD

Mr.Burns
14-07-07, 16:03
@Lenochka: The brown recluse has managed to make it's way as far north as New York, very rare but it's not unheard of.

@Cat: That's pretty much the case with any animal/dog. In my experience, Rottweilers and Dobermans are pretty much big babies but due to their history, they can get violent. As you said, it's all in how they are treated and trained. I never assume a dog is safe, no matter the size.

Catapharact
14-07-07, 16:04
Meh, I don't mind if i scared of a few things. Everyone has something they fear. No matter how much some may try to hide it... I just don't mind putting it out there xD

Remind me to mail you a Tarantula for Christmas.

Lenochka
14-07-07, 16:10
Remind me to mail you a Tarantula for Christmas.

:tea: I'll make sure to save a spot right under the tree :p

@Lenochka: The brown recluse has managed to make it's way as far north as New York, very rare but it's not unheard of.

Wtf there tiny spiders and even they make it to new york before me xD

remote91
14-07-07, 16:13
Quick question..The brown recluse is nowhere near England is it? :( I read in the paper the England is now home to the black widows cousin, their bites cause serious illness but they arent fatal. I would hate it if the Uk ended up having any deadly spiders, I would probably immigrate.

Catapharact
14-07-07, 16:16
@Cat: That's pretty much the case with any animal/dog. In my experience, Rottweilers and Dobermans are pretty much big babies but due to their history, they can get violent. As you said, it's all in how they are treated and trained. I never assume a dog is safe, no matter the size.

Overexasperated fears can lead to total non-sense behavior Burns.

I am a rider (kind of a hobby of mines) and I love horses deeply; Specifically the serene and gentle Arabian breeds; They are so beautiful to look at.

I once came across an owner who had just purchased a pony for his son. Now since his son was a first time rider, he was kinda jumpy around the horse. In his hysterical state, the boy cam up to the horse way too fast and the pony just reacted in a defensive way by standing on its hinds.

The father quickly pushed his son aside and started beating the poor thing to death. Me and my friends had to restrain the idiot for being such a moron. Its obvious that he didn't have enough experience with horses yet he bought his son a pony... What a gimp.

Mr.Burns
14-07-07, 16:26
Sorry to say that is such a common story Cat. Get an animal they aren't familiar with and then over react when the animal acts on instinct.

@Remote: No, it's only in the US.

Catapharact
14-07-07, 16:29
Sorry to say that is such a common story Cat. Get an animal they aren't familiar with and then over react when the animal acts on instinct.

Offcourse it is and that is why I worry that future possible voters (i.e. Lenochka up there) would possibly go and vote for ammedments that would seriously create unwarrented climate of fears around animals who just acted out of instincts but mean no harm.

I wouldn't have believed that it would happen until the Pitbull ban came ito effect.

LaraMan2
14-07-07, 16:42
spiders is my only fear in life...
i have arachnaphobia or however the hell u spell it...

Mr.Burns
14-07-07, 16:51
@Cat: Fear overrides common sense :rolleyes:

@Lara: As did I but going under a mobile home crawlspace full of spiders tends to break a person of that fear ;)

laralauraxxx
14-07-07, 17:48
spray the god damn things with hairspray and stick em in the freezer!

Lenochka
14-07-07, 19:03
spray the god damn things with hairspray and stick em in the freezer!

Once i was cleaning the windows in my guest room and i i found a giant spider, Damn thing got in some weird attack mode looking thing :S it like put its 2 legs up and and looks like it was ready to fight or something :S I sprayed it with Windex and ran :vlol: i locked the door and left it locked for like 2 months, i was scared it was like gonna mutate and become one ****ed Resident Evil Sized spider :S

sdp93
14-07-07, 19:07
OMG, I hate spiders! I'm staying at a family friends house watching dogs and noticed a huge spider that looked just like a brown recluse... i had no option but to kill it... i hate spiders. I saw the same kind of spider on my car after leaving the house a couple days earlier.

What should I do... i'm scared to go to sleep and it is almost bed time. what if there are more in the house?

I know how you feel. There are so many spiders in my house. When we moved in, the previous owner didn't care to clean them out. The sunroom is covered in webs. And they seem to enjoy going in my room and hiding under my bed because it's dark.

Brown recluses have a tan abdomen and a dark brown violin-shape on its cephalothorax. If it looked different, it wasn't a recluse, don't worry :wve:

I thought I saw one in my bedroom, but it wasn't - it was just a harmless species of wolf spider. :)

Spider geek!

I'm joking. But how can someone who's so afraid of them know so much about them. I'm terrified of spiders (except daddy long legs), and I don't like knowing a single thing about them.