PDA

View Full Version : Eyes. Has this ever happened to you?? :(

CAISACO
15-07-07, 05:52
Hi. I am a little concerned about my left eye.
For a while now, when I look at something light, like a light painted wall, or something like that, I see an annoying black dot on my eye, when I move my eye, the dot moves with it. Actually, I can see the dot on anything, it bugs me, and I think It's getting bigger. It always looks like a big is flying around in front of my face, but it's not, I swear! :p

What should I do?

Am I blinding or something? I am only 14 though!!!!
Do you think it had something to do with accidentally looking at the sun (you know, when you are walking/driving, and you look ahead, maybe theirs trees, then the sun bleams though them, and you accidentally glare at it?

Can someone help??:o

vespertea
15-07-07, 05:56
I have the same thing!

I have a dot in my left eye that moves along with my eyeball. I only notice it about once every couple of weeks, so it's pretty small (and my optometrist hasn't said anything about it). I don't know exactly what it is, what the cause of it is, or how to fix it. If it's really bugging you, ask an optometrist.

Little-Lara
15-07-07, 06:00
Hmm. Check for small eyelash, tiny thread, or mascara in your eye. Can u take a picture of only u'r eye?

erosan
15-07-07, 06:10
i've had this for like....all my life, but i never really made a big deal out of it. it happends mostly when i look into the light

Andromeda66
15-07-07, 06:51
Something like the black spot that forms after looking at the harsh sun directly?

Admles
15-07-07, 07:43
I would recommend a doctor / optometrist immediately. Only they can tell you for sure. Even if someone here can tell you what the problem is, they can't do anything about it.

star girl
15-07-07, 08:29
Something like the black spot that forms after looking at the harsh sun directly?

Yeah, is that the problem? :confused:

because I've been having the same thing for my whole life - After doing some work outside, when I walk in the dark corridor, or in some other dim light, I'd see those dancing black dots - and sometimes I'd have to take support of something, because it almost feels like a blackout...

Is that the problem? :)

Gloriosa
15-07-07, 08:29
Search google for 'floaters', it sounds like them. I've had them since I was in primary school and they're harmless enough, but if you really are worried then you should see a professional.

Greenkey2
15-07-07, 09:14
I'd go and get a full checkout with your optician. It may be benign, but best not to take any chances with your sight.

talion
15-07-07, 09:21
I get a little dot that appears every so often like what you described, i've had it as long as I can remember. In fact, I can see it now as I post this. Although I don't know if this is the same as what you have, so it's probably best to listen to the people above me :)

CAISACO
15-07-07, 19:50
Hmm. Check for small eyelash, tiny thread, or mascara in your eye. Can u take a picture of only u'r eye?

There is nothing in my eye. Trust me, I would feel it.
I see it all the time and its getting bigger. Looks like a blackblob

My eye looks normal

CAISACO
15-07-07, 19:52

because I've been having the same thing for my whole life - After doing some work outside, when I walk in the dark corridor, or in some other dim light, I'd see those dancing black dots - and sometimes I'd have to take support of something, because it almost feels like a blackout...

No. I can see fine, but the dot is getting bigger and it annoying, when I am on the computer, it makes me think an annoying small flying bug is hovering around my face. And not just when I am on the computer: Reading books, writing ect

I'd go and get a full checkout with your optician. It may be benign, but best not to take any chances with your sight.

Yeah, my mum said she will take us this month, and get a full eye exam. The thing is, when I go to the doctors, they look in my eye, and don't see anything. But I never told them about the dot either :whi: I forget

nicola1986
15-07-07, 21:54
I get this all the time, ever since I started using the PC alot, the black dot's been there, I've had a full eye examination and everything is fine, so what I think it is is eye strain from to much PC use.

I'm relieved to hear a lot of people have the same thing cos I was getting worried lol

Remember to try and rest your eyes if your on the computer, it can cause problems, my optician said I have what's called "Astigmatism" its where your eyes cant focus properly and your muscles try really hard and strain, which can cause all sorts of different problems, she gave me some special glasses for computing :)

Andromeda66
16-07-07, 02:44

I can't say.

I used to have what you describe when I was ill but that was mainly due to weakness/anaemia. Never had it with light as such.

Get yourself checked up :)

As for you guys, it does sound like floaters. And like Gloriosa said, they're mostly harmless and more common than you'd think. Anyway they become less annoying with time but get it checked up anyway.

Izzie404
16-07-07, 03:11
I believe there are two possibilities here:

1) You have some floaters, which I believe are just dust particles that got on your eye.

or

2) You have what, I think, is called an "optic burn," which is caused by sunlight refracting through your cornea and burning a slight hole in your eye, which normally heals, but I think it may be what leads to incessant spots.

DREWY
16-07-07, 03:31
Well I have two of these dots and in my case I know exactly what they are. Twice I've had steel in my eye and the skin has grown over it. The doctor numbs your eye, (cocain drops in my case) , puts you head in a vice and uses a drill to break through so the steel can be removed. Quite a feeling seeing a drill comming for your eye and not being able to move.
Hence in my case they are scars, and I just get used to them. Had something in your eye recently?

Angelx14
16-07-07, 05:12

No, I had it too. Your eyes just have to get used to the dark. That's definitely not a problem. =)

About the dot, I think we all see it after looking at sun or something bright. But if even after a while you still see it, then you have something in your eye. You should check the oculist.

CAISACO
16-07-07, 05:18
I get this all the time, ever since I started using the PC alot, the black dot's been there, I've had a full eye examination and everything is fine, so what I think it is is eye strain from to much PC use.

I'm relieved to hear a lot of people have the same thing cos I was getting worried lol

Remember to try and rest your eyes if your on the computer, it can cause problems, my optician said I have what's called "Astigmatism" its where your eyes cant focus properly and your muscles try really hard and strain, which can cause all sorts of different problems, she gave me some special glasses for computing :)

No, I have 20 20 vision, I definitely know I don't have astigmatism. I recently went to get a check-up.
I only go on the computer a little bit at night, but I always have the room light on, so I don't strain my eyes. I think that's the problem for most people. They watch TV with all the lights out and focus on that bright thing. Or use the computer with no lights on. I can't do that because I get a head ache and my eyes burn. I think I have sensitive eyes. I have to drive at night with sun glasses on so my eyes don't burn from the headlights passing by.
I believe there are two possibilities here:

2) You have what, I think, is called an "optic burn," which is caused by sunlight refracting through your cornea and burning a slight hole in your eye, which normally heals, but I think it may be what leads to incessant spots.

I am really thinking that, that is it :(

Well I have two of these dots and in my case I know exactly what they are. Twice I've had steel in my eye and the skin has grown over it. The doctor numbs your eye, (cocain drops in my case) , puts you head in a vice and uses a drill to break through so the steel can be removed. Quite a feeling seeing a drill comming for your eye and not being able to move.
Hence in my case they are scars, and I just get used to them. Had something in your eye recently?

No, I haven't. I recently took shop class. But always wore goggles. Although I do have a scratch in my right eye, a red scratch about as long as a pencil tip. It was from the Second Grade. I had to rope climb in Physical Ed. class, when a splinter got in my eye, I don't know if it's still in there, but from what I see, it's a scratch from it.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~

nicola1986
16-07-07, 09:43
I never watch the TV or comp with the lights out either cos it's gives me headaches.

It could be an optic burn then like has been suggested, mine seems to have gone know so maybe I had one too, it's horrible though cos it looked like a fly was flying around my head lol