PDA

View Full Version : ghosts

Randall
15-07-07, 06:10
Do you believe in them? Or do you think they are fake, and people make it up to freak others out? Personally, I think they are real. I seen and heard enough ghosts to know, but that's my opinion. What do the rest of you think about the idea of ghosts?

Little-Lara
15-07-07, 06:12
Not ghosts, but I do believe in spirits and souls. I believe there are good and bad spirits.

Ikas90
15-07-07, 06:17
There may have been a few times in my life in which I have encountered ghosts, but most likely it would have been my imagination. However, I do not completely object to the possibility of their existence.

vespertea
15-07-07, 06:37
I haven't thought about it enough to come up with a definite belief on the issue (nor have I experienced much paranormal/ghostly activity), but if I had to come up with an answer, I'd say I believe in spirits and souls.

Admles
15-07-07, 07:44
I don't believe in ghosts / spirits; never have.

I also don't believe in UFOs, aliens, vampires, werewolves, anything supernatural, God/s, time travel, or paying taxes.

ashnar
15-07-07, 07:47
I believe there is more to our world than what can be scientificaly explained. I believe in the soul and spirits.

vespertea
15-07-07, 07:52
I also don't believe in UFOs, aliens, vampires, werewolves, anything supernatural, God/s, time travel, or paying taxes.

We're on even terms on that one. :wve:

@ashnar: Nice location, btw. :tmb:

ashnar
15-07-07, 08:09
We're on even terms on that one. :wve:

@ashnar: Nice location, btw. :tmb:

thanks vespertea:D Oh and, my parents don't believe in paying taxes either. I on the other hand don't believe in stress at work so I avoid it. Anyway, I guess I can say that I mildly believe in ghosts.

Mad Tony
15-07-07, 09:16
Nope. I don't believe in ghosts (or any other crap related to ghosts for that matter :p).

kryptonite23
15-07-07, 14:11
I dont believe in ghosts even many people are saying that there are plenty of ghosts are surrounding you.

Jacob x5
15-07-07, 14:15
I don't believe in ghosts / spirits; never have.

I don't believe in any of those things either, apart from aliens and UFOs. I don't doubt the possibility of the existence of life beyond Earth, and a UFO is just an 'Unidentified Flying Object' — there's plenty of those. :ton:

Oh, and time travel would be nice, but I think in practice it's not possible. Yet. :whi:

Geck-o-Lizard
15-07-07, 15:42
Proud sceptic here.

jackles
15-07-07, 16:05
I have seen some odd things on investigations...and heard some utter delusional rubbish from people.

:)

mattlsu
15-07-07, 16:11
I believe them, just as I believe I have seen some. Every morning I make my bed when I get up. Then I went to take a shower, came back and my bed was messed up. I figured, "I was tired guess I just forgot to make them without realizing it." So when I pulled the sheets back up I saw a little girl under the covers looking at me for like ten seconds. Then she was gone. Scared the hell out of me. :(

Aurimas
15-07-07, 16:31

Naz2000
15-07-07, 16:34
I don't believe in ghosts no, but spirits I am not sure about, I have watched many of Derren Brown's shows and it is quite interesting seeing the weird going ons in them, I have also heard bad things about a game called the Ouji Board concerning spirits:)

Paperdoll
15-07-07, 16:36
I don't believe in ghosts no, but spirits I am not sure about, I have watched many of Derren Brown's shows and it is quite interesting seeing the weird going ons in them, I have also heard bad things about a game called the Ouji Board concerning spirits:)

I also heard lots of spooky stories but then again I've done that tons of times and no result really.

Anyways actually believing... I'm a bit sceptic but I have a bit of an irrational fear of ghosts X_X too many horror movies I guess.

Mad Tony
15-07-07, 16:39
Is there any actual hard evidence that ghosts exist? Until I see such evidence, I shall remain completely skeptic. :p

jackles
15-07-07, 16:40
Derren Brown plays mind games on people....he is the only spooky thing on his shows.

:D

Loved seeing him messing with The League of gentlemen!

:cln:

Sara Croft
15-07-07, 16:43
Yes, but I dont believe its here though. -More like in the mirror world of ours or something.
Freaky things has hppened to me and my friend once or twice (not together, but I believe her. Really freaky things.
I really think ghosts and spirits makeslife much more innteresting. :9

Alive_and_Funky
15-07-07, 16:44
I think they are real, or something like them at least. I think there's got to be something behind some of those ghost sightings besides imagination.

Mad Tony
15-07-07, 16:46
Many people claim to have seen ghosts in the night, but have these people who have allegedly seen ghosts considered that they were just half asleep and their mind was playing tricks on them?

M1K3Y-7
15-07-07, 16:52
The only reason people see ghosts is because they believe in them. If u dont believe in ghosts yr mind doesnt play tricks on you.

Like me and my friend where walking down this hallway and he suddenly collapsed and said 'did u see that' and i was like wtf? and he thought he saw a ghost come to him and knock him over, but i didnt see or hear a thing......

Mad Tony
15-07-07, 16:56
The only reason people see ghosts is because they believe in them. If u dont believe in ghosts yr mind doesnt play tricks on you.

I've heard of many people who believe in ghosts but have never actually seen them.

M1K3Y-7
15-07-07, 17:00
I've heard of many people who believe in ghosts but have never actually seen them.

Yeah but people who've seen them believed in them before they 'saw' them

Mad Tony
15-07-07, 17:07
Yeah but people who've seen them believed in them before they 'saw' themEvery single person? Do you have evidence to suggest this?

sdp93
15-07-07, 17:13
I do not completely object to the possibility of their existence.

Agreed. And this picture of Mary Tod Lincoln just creeps me out.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/toptenhaunted/toptenhauntedhouses/images/LINCOLNS-GHOST-AND-MARY-TOD.jpg

I've heard about ghosts being on the Queen Mary in LA, in the former home of Robert E Lee, in the castle of Henry VIII, in the Winchester mystery house (no surprise there), etc.

Rickéh
15-07-07, 18:38
I don't believe in ghosts.
Although my mom says she seen my dad when she was sleeping, she opened her eyes and he said something. (I don't know what)
After that, something fell from her night table...
Very weird, I know. :p

laralauraxxx
15-07-07, 18:39
Don't believe in 'em :D

badboy70
15-07-07, 19:45
I think such board is really weird. It's supposed to have a thing where you put your hand one and in moves, but how does it move ? I've never seen one in real life and I don't believe it really works, it's something the one that put he's hand on just makes a word/sentence he'd most like to see. I guess
Anyway, I think there is something like that, but not souls. This may sound rude but living things are just a mind, or something. It's hard to explain. It thinks for itself but it's just a mass of electrons and stuff. I dunno, I haven't completly figured out how I think about it. But there must be something...