PDA

View Full Version : CD & Tomb Raider?

Miss_Tomb_Raider
15-07-07, 13:39
Who was making Tomb Raider before CD, and why did they change the thing??
I really liked the old games more, but CD`s graphics are better.

greendayfan
15-07-07, 13:41
before cd started making tomb raider games it was core desighn.

i think they handed work over to cd becouse of the embarisment of aod.

wich was completly crap in my opinion.

hope that awnser's ur question my gd freand:)

MUN33B
15-07-07, 13:44
Before - Core Design made TR games

Now - CD makes them

Why? Because Core's 'Chronicles' AND 'AOD' failed. Eidos wasnt going to let "their" leading lady fall into the mud (so to speak). So they sacked Core and gave TR to CD :).

greendayfan
15-07-07, 13:44
basicly wot i just said;)

Miss_Tomb_Raider
15-07-07, 19:33
Why? Because Core's 'Chronicles' AND 'AOD' failed. Eidos wasnt going to let "their" leading lady fall into the mud (so to speak). So they sacked Core and gave TR to CD .

Wow..i really really liked AOD!

Mona Sax
15-07-07, 19:47
You're not alone in this, a lot of people did (it sold pretty well, too). But a lot of people hated it as well (mostly because of its buggyness) and it got mediocre reviews, so I guess Eidos didn't want to risk anything and decided to can Core in order to demonstrate they wanted a fresh start.

Dakaruch
15-07-07, 20:07
chronicles and aod are not so good but legends... just BAD!!!
of course beautiful... very beautiful!!! i loved those environments... :)
but what about puzzles that makes us go insane!!! i want those back... just read the sig :D

Miss_Tomb_Raider
15-07-07, 21:44
Hahah yeah i agree CD`s games are TOO EASY and now they added some stupid Adrenaline Dodge to pretend that the games are challenging.

Well yeah Legend wasnt the best game, it was pretty etc.But I miss the old T.R games what you could play for months, and the puzzles "drived us crazy" lol.I really really liked AOD.That`s what i want Tomb Raider games to be look like, but yeah i must admit that CD`s graphics are really pretty.

Maybe CD and Core should work together, ones will make the story etc and the others great graphics?? :D

It would be perfect..i think! ;)

Dakaruch
15-07-07, 21:51
Hahah yeah i agree CD`s games are TOO EASY and now they added some stupid Adrenaline Dodge to pretend that the games are challenging.

Well yeah Legend wasnt the best game, it was pretty etc.But I miss the old T.R games what you could play for months, and the puzzles "drived us crazy" lol.I really really liked AOD.That`s what i want Tomb Raider games to be look like, but yeah i must admit that CD`s graphics are really pretty.

Maybe CD and Core should work together, ones will make the story etc and the others great graphics?? :D

It would be perfect..i think! ;)

yes it would be perfect... Crystal graphics and core puzzles... it would be a dream come true... :D