PDA

View Full Version : Something you despise about yourself deeply

star girl
17-07-07, 19:08
... What is it that you hate soo deeply, yet it's such a habit that it is simply too hard to come over? :)

Mine has to be the fact when I itch my eyes.. I do it ALL THE TIME!!! And there's no decent day on which I can wear a little make-up without scratching my eye and messing it! Like I just did with a little kohl now! :( :( :(

What are yours?

Geck-o-Lizard
17-07-07, 19:09
Procrastination. Makes me miss most deadlines and I'm late to everything. And as much as I hate it, I can't stop myself from trying to do things at the last minute.

jamieoliver22
17-07-07, 19:11
Procrastination. Makes me miss most deadlines and I'm late to everything. And as much as I hate it, I can't stop myself from trying to do things at the last minute.

Haha, I second that :p

And when I go on little tangents and think random stupid things and scare myself while doing so. And then I eat myself up from the inside about them, when it is just me being stupid.

Angel_14
17-07-07, 19:17
I have absolutely to talent or skill to write or draw. Whenever I think of something I could write or draw, it looks AMAZING in my mind, but when I do it, it's just meh...

I also hate that I tend to be rude with my friends. But luckily they forgive me. :)

cristina8992
17-07-07, 19:24
The thing that really annoys me is that I care too much about what people think about me. Whenever someone says bad things about me (and really means it) it always hurts a bit, no matter how hard I try not to give a damn. :(

Ada the Mental
17-07-07, 19:30
Definitely that.

I also catch myself regretting not saying or doing things I should have said or done way too often. And I just hate it.

ashnar
17-07-07, 19:31
I am never pleased with myself. I am always sure that I am going to fail. In short my self esteem. I don't have self esteem. (that and my ****** up life) I'm so worthless. That's what I despise about myself. I haven't achieved anything nor will I probably ever:mad: My life feels so dead.

Trigger_happy
17-07-07, 19:32
Physically, I have a flabby stomach...

Socially, I ramble almost non-stop, and I'm a tad load, but I don't notice it.

Lavinder
17-07-07, 19:42
Ooooooo, how long have you got ?

Ampersand
17-07-07, 19:42

Definitely, definitely the same for me. I always think, 'Well, I'll try harder next time, I'll do better' - never happens. =(

Dakaruch
17-07-07, 19:43
i usually get ****ed of by things that no one else cares!!! that's my own personality:(

Apofiss
17-07-07, 19:46
Same, procrastination or adjournment sine die -_- ...it's like illeness isn't it.

Angelus
17-07-07, 19:47
My OCD... sometimes it stops me doing the most simplest things.

pEhouse
17-07-07, 19:48
I've been diagnosed with paranoia. I'm seeing a doctor about it tho. It really is a pain in the arse.

RAID
17-07-07, 19:48
I tend to get a little paranoid sometimes.

erosan
17-07-07, 19:55
i have really low self asteem, and i am also not really confident in myself =/

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 19:57
i usually get ****ed of by things that no one else cares!!! that's my own personality:(

Lmfao and I get ****ed off way too easily XD we're just a weird family eh :p

Anyways as far as little me goes,definitely procrastination.

sdp93
17-07-07, 20:01

I have absolutely to talent or skill to write or draw. Whenever I think of something I could write or draw, it looks AMAZING in my mind, but when I do it, it's just meh...

Same here.

For me, though, the thing that bugs me most is my anxiety. I haven't left my home county for over a year because of it, and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

star girl
17-07-07, 20:02
I have procarstination too ... but I just mentioned this irratable habit of mine previously... Other than that, I care for people too much; and yes it's not always healthy. I'm a chatter-box, and I tend to go on and on without any stop. I hate the fact that whenever I get mad at someone, I can't think properly, I can't feel anything but burning rage and hurt a lot of people... :(

ashnar
17-07-07, 20:22
I used to suffer from obsesive compulsive disorder. I somehow managed to cure myself but not entirely as I sometimes find myself doing things such as counting my footsteps with the thought that if I don't something bad is going to happen. I just hated that. I am also a fierce loner. I get mad whenever my family walks in my room. I just can't stand people sometimes. I hate being given affection . I'm like a cold block of ice. And this is because I'm so sensitive. I can't do anything without being marked emotionally. It's so not cool. That's why I always feel sad.

Fish.
17-07-07, 20:26
I used to suffer from obsesive compulsive disorder. I somehow managed to cure myself but not entirely as I sometimes find myself doing things such as counting my footsteps with the thought that if I don't something bad is going to happen. I just hated that.

I used to do that a lot... if I didn't do it in multiples of 10 I took multiple steps, even if I didn't have to move anywhere!

Something I despise about myself is that I'm pretty big... it's embarrassing! :(

Angelus
17-07-07, 20:29
Sometimes I'll close a door, but it doesn't feel... right. So I'll open and close it again repeatedly until it feels right - I've stood there for half an hour once. :o

Mad Tony
17-07-07, 20:32
Sometimes I'll close a door, but it doesn't feel... right. So I'll open and close it again repeatedly until it feels right - I've stood there for half an hour once. :oI think someone's developing OCD. :p

Well, there's nothing I really hate about myself. Although, I talk too fast. It annoys the hell out of me.

Angelus
17-07-07, 20:34
I think someone's developing OCD. :p

Well, there's nothing I really hate about myself. Although, I talk too fast. It annoys the hell out of me.

I said on the previous page that I already have it! :p

I know what you mean about talking too fast... sometimes I talk so fast my words become jumbled and I'll have to start again. :cln:

Mad Tony
17-07-07, 20:35
I said on the previous page that I already have it! :p

I know what you mean about talking too fast... sometimes I talk so fast my words become jumbled and I'll have to start again. :cln:Ooops. Sorry, I must've missed it. :p

Yeah, I do that all the time. Sometimes it takes me at least three attempts to actually say a sentence.

ashnar
17-07-07, 20:37
well, I used to do intensive sport training(at least 3 hours a day) for seven years. I am now athletic, but I can't eat normally and I can't have a few days without doing some sort fo sport cause I will end up fat. It's a curse for life which I hate. (and I can barely stand myself as I look now. Am I shallow? No way. It's just that I've always been used to being sporty and athletic, and the idea of my turning fat is not very appealing. I would probably end up at the mad house for good)

Angelus
17-07-07, 20:38
Ooops. Sorry, I must've missed it. :p

Yeah, I do that all the time. Sometimes it takes me at least three attempts to actually say a sentence.

Don't worry about it. :)

I actually did it today; I felt so stupid, but my friend understands.

ashnar
17-07-07, 20:46
I'm also very moody. And I'm dependent on moods. WTF I pretty much despise my entire person. If I hadn't been able to draw and write stories and have a vivide imagination( my life saver. I am an addicted day dreamer), I probably would have been well within an insane assylum by now.

8accent8
17-07-07, 20:46
.....i dont think i have an answer for this. i go thru surprisingly alot in a short amount of time. rite now, i dont think i despise anything about me. when i really look at it, it helps me in a way. maybe u guys are being to harsh on urselves. and there are ways to get over stuff.

lik procrasintation, u really have to want to not fall back into it. a deep desire, jus kick urself up ad non stop work.

caring what other ppl say. u have to be confident with urself and know who u are. so what if they call u 'fat' or 'ugly', u kno who u are. and the fact that they care so much about u to bring u down is flattering in a way. which is why i cant help but literally laugh out loud when i hear such things.

confidence. sometimes u jus hav to spent time with urself, away from the nonsense, and realize who u truely are and love urself. having an ego helps. there is something absolutly beautiful about everyone. & if u constantly worry about ur "flaws" theyll seem bigger than they already are. but if u smile and keep ur confidence u wont even notice any "flaws".

well look at that. arent i the therapist. i think its the the fact that ive been thru all of those and found the "cure" to them.

this actually brightened my mood. thanks :)

da tomb raider!
17-07-07, 20:48
Sometimes I speak too fast, so I don't pronounce the words correctly. Also, I'm a total perfectionist, so often a simple, short task takes ages for me to complete. But apart from that and a few other things, I'm an awesome guy! :D

8accent8
17-07-07, 20:49
I'm also very moody. And I'm dependent on moods. WTF I pretty much despise my entire person. If I hadn't been able to draw and write stories and have a vivide imagination( my life saver. I am an addicted day dreamer), I probably would have been well within an insane assylum by now.

dont hate urself. theres probably something bothering u but u havent identifed it. maybe something u did.

BtoFu
17-07-07, 20:53
I'm awful when it comes to making new friends. I can't bring myself to even strike up conversations with people and I feel as though this gives off the impression that I'm not interested in anything they have to say - which normally isn't true, I just really don't know how to go about breaking the ice without talking about something only I might care about. :o

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 20:57
I'm awful when it comes to making new friends. I can't bring myself to even strike up conversations with people and I feel as though this gives off the impression that I'm not interested in anything they have to say - which normally isn't true, I just really don't know how to go about breaking the ice without talking about something only I might care about. :o

I feel your pain X_X I can relate to that. I'm really insane and talkative in conversations really but it only comes out with people I really know and am comfortable with, other than that... tis hard XD

ashnar
17-07-07, 21:01
I feel your pain X_X I can relate to that. I'm really insane and talkative in conversations really but it only comes out with people I really know and am comfortable with, other than that... tis hard XD

omg same for me. But I'm really quiet and people notice that so they pretty much start the conversations real fast. But I always feel very uncomfortable around new figures even if they do start first

BtoFu
17-07-07, 21:08

If more people said that to me on initial meetings we'd pow wow and high five and have a blast oh yeah. :D

Angelus
17-07-07, 21:12
If more people said that to me on initial meetings we'd pow wow and high five and have a blast oh yeah. :D

:vlol:

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 21:13

Lmao but seeing as then both of you didn't know how to break the ice, you'd both be sitting staring at each other XD ooooh awkward-ness :p

Camera Obscura
17-07-07, 21:20
My voice. It's deep and it sounds like I have some nasal congestion problem. So much for my dream of being a singer. :(

ashnar
17-07-07, 21:20
Lmao but seeing as then both of you didn't know how to break the ice, you'd both be sitting staring at each other XD ooooh awkward-ness :p

ummm. that sort of hapenned to me once. :D

ashnar
17-07-07, 21:21
My voice. It's deep and it sounds like I have some nasal congestion problem. So much for my dream of being a singer. :(

I don't like my voice either. but I still sing when I'm alone( can you imagine I tought myself opera.jees, I'm so weird) my music teacher says I've got a nice voice but I find it hard to believe

BtoFu
17-07-07, 21:21

True. Where's an ice pick when you need one? :pi: I'm certain it's not a confidence issue because I have quite a bit of that to spare. I'm just a mal-adjusted misfit. :o

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 21:23
Guess it's the same with me. It's like, what's the point in saying anything when you have nothing to say X_X the thing is when I know the person well I always have something to say :p tis weird.

BtoFu
17-07-07, 21:29
Guess it's the same with me. It's like, what's the point in saying anything when you have nothing to say X_X the thing is when I know the person well I always have something to say :p tis weird.

Or wondering if when you do have something to say, will the other person even be bothered? Idle chit-chat is a bit of a pet hate of mine unless you do know the person well...then it's acceptable somehow. :D

Sedge
17-07-07, 21:41
My demanding personality. Simply put, it's really hard for me to explain.. I also recognise some features in me that are close to obsessive-compulsive disorder, at least what I've read of it. Sometimes I feel I'd really like to have my head checked, could.. make some things clearer. Then again I don't know if I have any diagnosed thingies at all, it could be that I'm just trying to assure so to myself.... and others. I've always had this weird desire of wanting to be somehow different, "cool" and noticed by others, most preferably in a scarier/stranger way.

Hmh, and at the same time I don't. And still. So I can't really say I despise myself about that. But in a way I do, because it makes my life more.. complicated.

Also a tiny bit of perfectionism and criticality(err, how do you spell that.. criticism? You know, when you tend to criticize everything even if no one asked and blah blah blah) towards myself and everyone. I know how to make friends, and I can act in a way so that it would be easy for me to have much people around - but the thing is, I don't feel they quite "deserve" to be my friends. I don't even have any "ideal" friend in mind, it's just that no one fulfills the pretentions I have placed that I don't even know myself! O_o And it doesn't feel right making real friends because I'd sort of betray them with my personality.. At first I may be pretty happy-go-lucky, but if the friendship gets any deeper I just start pulling their hairs out because of getting frustrated, fed up or something. "Why can't they be different? Why are they like that? I bet they had something against me from the very start.." -kinda thoughts fill my head. And I do realize how silly the situation actually is - I should be the one looking at the mirror and change my own behaviour. Of course I know. Of course I realize. Of course I'm ABLE to do something - just don't feel like it, doesn't feel "right"... And if I ever try to change myself someone comes and spoils it all, blasts the whole bubble of something-I-could-have-been-if-you-were-nicer I've created. And I just tried to be good and open-minded and true. Whoa, it's reeeeally difficult to explain.. o_

Gah.

..I don't know if this had anything to do with anything, I sort of had to unpack all that.. XD That's also a part of my personality, can't stop the monologue when I've started. Sorry.

But yup, I despise my frustrated personality. Not fully the personality(I have maaany charasteristics I'm actually proud of ^__^), just the frustrated parts. The parts that make me go mad. And sad.

If someone read that, have a slice of blue cheese. Yummmm.

Ah, let's just all have a group hug! \:)/

(And hey, how about creating a thread about something you simply LOVE about yourself? Wouldn't be so gloomy.. :p)

star girl
17-07-07, 21:56
/\ I loove your long posts - Sedge :)

And why dont you make the "what you love about yourself" thread? :)

Sara Croft
17-07-07, 21:58
I hate almost everything with myself :p

Lenochka
17-07-07, 23:51
Being a bit to forgiving
You'd think it would be a good thing, but really it just has people constantly taking advantage of my good nature and stepping all over me... at least thats what im told.

star girl
18-07-07, 00:02
/\ Join the club.. :rolleyes:

ashnar
18-07-07, 01:20
Being a bit to forgiving
You'd think it would be a good thing, but really it just has people constantly taking advantage of my good nature and stepping all over me... at least thats what im told.

I totally sympathise. I always help. All the time. I'm always good natured. All the time. And everyone steps on me. All the time:mad:. But I can't change that. I'll just remain the goody good girl that gives away her own money without people ever giving it back, being pulled in every direction to help everyone at everything, taking and accepting all their 'special' moments when they loose their temper but not being allowed such a privilege myself and still remain perfect in the eyes of my 'beloved' family. I hate my good nature sometimes. And they still wonder why I like to stay alone:hea:

vespertea
18-07-07, 01:38
Laziness and procrastination.

bloodstormaoa
18-07-07, 01:44
Is " pretty much everything" too vague :p

vespertea
18-07-07, 02:27
Is " pretty much everything" too vague :p

If not, then I'll second that one. :(

nicola1986
18-07-07, 12:36

I got that too, I get so many 'great' ideas and can never get them out properly, it gets me so frustrated lol

I despise my anxiety deeply, whenever I go out in public and am feeling confident enough to talk to people, I open my mouth and bugger all comes out! My mind goes blank when someone talks to me, it's awful :(:o

Greenkey2
18-07-07, 12:45
I don't have anything I despise about myself with a passion - but I dislike the fact that my body lets me down at times when I need/want the energy to do certain things (I'm chronically ill, in case you're wondering).

I also don't like the fact I:
* bite my nails (sometimes to the point it hurts, and I never learn my lesson :rolleyes:).

* Sometimes procrastinate (about ME stuff - not about exam revision, studying etc, but about letting myself have time without feeling guilty).

Jin Uzuki
18-07-07, 12:49

Yep. Nailed it right there.

Admles
18-07-07, 12:54
I hate the way I just can't seem to let some stuff go.

Sometimes I am reminded of things in my past that really ticked me off and I didn't handle, and it gets me all worked up all over again. Some nights I lay in bed and one of those incidents comes to mind and I can't calm down and sleep - and I'm talking things that happened 15 years ago!

Archetype
18-07-07, 13:12
i have really low self asteem, and i am also not really confident in myself =/

seconds.

Another Lara
18-07-07, 13:29
My paranoia and low self esteem are probably the main things I would want to get rid of given half the chance! After days like today, I really don't need these disfunctions making me feel worse!:hea:

Catlantean
18-07-07, 13:37
Antisocial tendencies and lack of any common interest (and subsequently being bored to death by) with 99.9% of the population around me. It would really help me a lot if I could get along with real-life people better...or if life was a forum :p

petujaymz
18-07-07, 15:43
My huge *****.

:wve:

Lara Croft!
18-07-07, 16:48
My being lazy

Naz2000
18-07-07, 17:07
The most tiny things can irritate me, whether it it be a pen on the floor in my view while watching telly, or a bit of dirt on the bathroom sink that I have to wash my face in, or even a tiny scratch on one of my Tomb Raider games:) I also hate going out with my mates and don't like going to parties, I jst make up excuses not to go:(

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:13
what i dispise about my self is that i have spots,i really want to get rid of them.

although they are clearing up quit quick

chrismcalees
18-07-07, 17:58
The thing I despise the most is my voice. It hasn't broken yet and I'm 24. It's frustrating constantly being mistaken for a woman. It's supposedly because I don't have enough testosterone. I read somewhere I can see a speech therapist to 'train' my voice lower but I am too embarrassed to go to my doctor about it. I know I should but.....
I can also take testosterone supplements as well but the side effects include more hair growth and acne. Oh well, I've lived with it for 8-10 years, I am sure I can for the rest of my life.

Now about my worst traits..
I am the most stubborn ever. And with a stubborn girlfriend too....

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:59
dude id hate to be u

Indiana Croft
18-07-07, 18:30
I hate my singing voice. Sounds good to me, but on tape, where's the asbestos? I sing horribly. American Idol just couln't handle all this, okay?

...That's what I tell myself lol