PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy mermaid pic...

ashnar
17-07-07, 19:21
I'm going crazy over here with this drawing habbit of mine. But, I believe it's in a good way(at least that's what I keep telling myself:D) Anyway the mods probably hate me by now cause of this. For that I'm sorry. I did her in an hour during a break from another(yes, another) drawing I've been working on for at least a week.(haven't done mermaids for a long time now)
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa209/cougarlynx/Scan10019.jpg Comments? sry about the bad quality.

larson n natla
17-07-07, 19:33
WOW THAT HAS JUST BLOWN ME AWAY WOW THATS TALENT OH WOW THATS AMAZING serious

marcocatena
17-07-07, 19:35
OOOOO!

I wouldnt mind being underwater with that! :D

Great work!

Rynn
17-07-07, 19:39
I'm in love with the hair! It's sooo beautiful and natural in it's movement. She looks really great, I love the pose, great work on her tail and the overall anatomy. I just have one tiny observation. The lower part of her abdomen, bellow the navel, seems a little too long.
Might just be me though, I'm not exactly an expert on mermaid anatomy. :D
Oh, did I mention I love the hair? :cool: ;)

ashnar
17-07-07, 19:46
I'm in love with the hair! It's sooo beautiful and natural in it's movement. She looks really great, I love the pose, great work on her tail and the overall anatomy. I just have one tiny observation. The lower part of her abdomen, bellow the navel, seems a little too long.
Might just be me though, I'm not exactly an expert on mermaid anatomy. :D
Oh, did I mention I love the hair? :cool: ;)

The abdomen is longer. I made it as so cause I use my own anatomical design for mermaids>I do the same thing on other half human half creature beings I like to draw aswell(centaurs and such). I also make their pelvis really narrow(the mermaids). And I'm soooo happy to hear you all like her.:hug:

Dakaruch
17-07-07, 19:50
Comments? sry about the bad quality.

bad quality??? omg you're joking right?

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 19:52
Awesomeness :tmb: loving the shading and the hair. Meh the only drawings I get to do now are bad sketches on the bus X_X

ashnar
17-07-07, 19:55
bad quality??? omg you're joking right?

No. I really thought it was bad quality. I had to draw on thin paper and to be honest, I never like my drawings that much. But I do them cause I've grown dependent on it. It's one of my few good qualities.

ashnar
17-07-07, 19:57
Awesomeness :tmb: loving the shading and the hair. Meh the only drawings I get to do now are bad sketches on the bus X_X

lol, I do that too. I swear, sometimes I wish I could just stop drawing for once. But I can't. I love to draw.:)

touchmyheart
17-07-07, 20:07
This is amazing! Not one bad thing to say about it :D

Rynn
17-07-07, 20:07
Uh huh I see, I told you I'm no expert on mermaid anatomy. :D
I would love to see more mermaids really. :jmp:

sdp93
17-07-07, 20:25
What do you mean bad quality?

I wish I could draw like that. I feel good if I can draw a person with anything close to the right proportions.

Edit: I had to draw on thin paper and to be honest, I never like my drawings that much.

If you don't like them, can I have your talent?

Back to seriousness (if that's even a word), you should be proud of them. I'd be happy if I could draw half as well as you can.

Dakaruch
17-07-07, 20:34
No. I really thought it was bad quality. I had to draw on thin paper and to be honest, I never like my drawings that much. But I do them cause I've grown dependent on it. It's one of my few good qualities.

you're very talented... ;)

Marija_Croft
17-07-07, 20:55
Fantastic!:yik:

Angel_14
17-07-07, 20:55
Wow! :eek:

Paperdoll
17-07-07, 20:59
lol, I do that too. I swear, sometimes I wish I could just stop drawing for once. But I can't. I love to draw.:)

So do I but sometimes I can't bring myself to pratice X_X I'm forcing myself in the bus now XD but you truly are a great artist, not only you do pretty pictures (:p) they are stylish as well and very recognizable as being your own.

ashnar
17-07-07, 21:05
You have no idea how happy I am to hear that you guys like my work. thx. I'm not an artist yet, but I am on the way(hopefully). my friends mock me cause I like to draw ahead of my years and that I always have a pencil in my hand ready to sketch out practically anything on anything(I even did it in the palm of my hands, and ended up doing the same for others cause they liked it. lol) hope you will continue drawing too paperdoll.:)

Pipolinne
17-07-07, 23:35
Are you sure she has bones in her back :D?

She's quite sexy and menacing...like a "real" mermaid :tmb:!

star girl
17-07-07, 23:37
:eek:

Wonderful Ashnar! :tmb: keep it up! :tmb:

Sara Croft
17-07-07, 23:55
Amazing! Fantastic job! :tmb:

Alex Fly
18-07-07, 09:53
Wow ! You're very talented ! :tmb:

kryptonite23
18-07-07, 10:11
I like her tail!!:tmb:

Legend Killer
18-07-07, 10:15
Fantastic pencil work ashnar! I'd love to see this inked and colored :tmb:

Greenkey2
18-07-07, 11:00
I'm in love with her hair :cln: Fantastic drawing ashnar :tmb:

scoopy_loopy
18-07-07, 11:11
I love her, especially her anatomy.

It sets her aside as not quite human (well apart from the fact she has fins!) Yet she is still beautiful. Her pose is fantastic!

ashnar
18-07-07, 11:29
Her pose is fantastic!

I was really bored and was sketching curved lines for no reason. I liked one very much and used it for her pose. Wow. I can't believe people like my work. (I'm curently working on a composition of a Valkyrie.):) I'm so happy you like her. that's a big plus for me. I may color her using different tones of blue, purple and green. I want ot give her a cold aspect.

Jose Miguel
18-07-07, 12:29
The anatomy is crazy in a good way. I like it. Love your style. :tmb:

lita212
18-07-07, 14:37
omg that is beautiful!!! i cud imagine them type of mermaids to be in a tr game.
god i still cant get over how beautiful that is