PDA

View Full Version : 13-Year-Old Kills Brother Over Video Game

myrmaad
17-07-07, 22:07
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2007-07-17-pa-stabbing_N.htm

Marija_Croft
17-07-07, 22:09
OMG!That is...I really don't know what to say...

Sara Croft
17-07-07, 22:11
Some people are just crazy... :(

rewak
17-07-07, 22:12
Im glad JT is out of the way for this. Kids obviously messed up in the head to do that.

star girl
17-07-07, 22:13
I'm shocked.. :( :( :(

xMyrax
17-07-07, 22:19
Okay I know that there are situations where fighting over who's turn it is to play next but what is this? This is way beyond than who's turn it is. Really horrible =(

Rivendell
17-07-07, 22:20
:( *Shakes head*

HollabackBoy
17-07-07, 22:22
Very sad indeed. :( Pathetic.

ashnar
17-07-07, 22:22
Just disturbing. Killing at such a young age:( So much for the innocence of children. Just shocking.:(

kooky
17-07-07, 22:25
That is sick! Why kill your older brother over a Video game. :(

v.dog
17-07-07, 22:46
Actually it was the older brother that died.

I can't even begin to imagine how their parents must feel.

Sedge
17-07-07, 22:54
"I just stabbed my brother"
Oh my.. o_o I wonder.. I really wonder if he even realized what he had done.
I also wonder if he started playing right afterwards.

BtoFu
17-07-07, 22:57
Kid's obviously a mental defective. :hea:

K.J
18-07-07, 01:12
Poor kid...:(

Has Jack Thompson made a comment yet?

Lenochka
18-07-07, 01:16
Wtf... That must have been one hell of a game :S How could someone kill a person over a game... especially there own brother, What is the world coming to *shakes head*

findme
18-07-07, 01:49
What next?

A 5 year old running round with a shotgun/

This is tragic. :(

bloodstormaoa
18-07-07, 01:51
OMG :(

Unfortunately its cases like this that continue to damage the gaming community....it doesn't really matter if the person's involved are obviuosly mentally disturbed:(

Tomb Raider 5194
18-07-07, 01:57
Shocking, I can't imagine killing a brother for a turn on a video game. :(

JANKERSON
18-07-07, 02:00
That is sick! Why kill your little brother over a Video game. :(

The 13 year old killed the 16 year old.

gtkilla
18-07-07, 02:02
What a dumbass. :rolleyes: I feel so sorry for the older brother. :( The younger brother is forever going to be the hated child, and I won't be surprised if he gets abused by his parents and family.

Soma Holiday
18-07-07, 02:31
If this effects the video game world then something is wrong because it could have been anything...fighting over a shiny ball or some other toy...but just cause it was a "video game"

jeez. I know a kid, has mild Terets (sp) who would probably get mad enough to do this, but he's 5, not 13. That kid knew exactly what he was doing. Someone should stab him back.

Little-Lara
18-07-07, 03:18
Ohh God. Poor poor guys, so sad. :(

SamReeves
18-07-07, 03:36
Seriously poor judgement on his behalf. I hope he gets life at the minimum.

Shark_Blade
18-07-07, 06:16
Weak minded children like him should be denied video games. Remind me of the massacre in school, some boys come to school with firearms and kill people just because they were influenced by games.

Mad Tony
18-07-07, 06:27
What a dumbass. :rolleyes: I feel so sorry for the older brother. :( The younger brother is forever going to be the hated child, and I won't be surprised if he gets abused by his parents and family.Ditto. And I can't say he doesn't deserve to be hated and abused after what he did.

Autolycus
18-07-07, 06:47
This is such a sad story i feel so sorry for the older brother and his family. As for the younger brother i hope U.S justice keeps him locked up for many years. If something like that happened over here in England he'd spend a couple of weeks in a summer camp talking over his feelings then sent home.

Ampersand
18-07-07, 11:23
That's just disgusting. I guess you're never too young to be a killer.

Greenkey2
18-07-07, 11:29
What a complete waste of life :( :mad: I can't believe how anyone - especially a kid - could end up with a mind that justifies taking a knife to another person over such a trivial matter.

BoyTRaider
18-07-07, 11:38
jeez. I know a kid, has mild Terets (sp) who would probably get mad enough to do this, but he's 5, not 13. That kid knew exactly what he was doing. Someone should stab him back.

I would not go as far as to say that someone should stab him back...
Stabbing back is definitely not the right punishment. The worst punishment he could get is the one he is going to carry throughout his whole life as he matures - the remorse and guilt of killing his own brother.

Fish.
18-07-07, 11:39
Jebus, some people are tards... :rolleyes:

Ikas90
18-07-07, 11:40
I didn't bother clicking on the link. Title says it all.

I'm not surprised, honestly. The world is just getting much worse.

Poseidons_Doom
18-07-07, 11:54
Why is everyone angry at the younger brother,

i mean, i obviously understand what he has done and it is a frightful thought,

but this kid is obviously mentally ill, he needs help, punishing him and shutting him out from the people he needs will only make matters worse, by simply sweeping the child under the carpet things will continue to deteriorate in that young childs mind.

Alex Fly
18-07-07, 12:02
OMG ! :yik:

RAID
18-07-07, 12:11
Sick minds show from a young age. I'm sure someone will blame gaming for this, sooner or later.

nicola1986
18-07-07, 12:13
That is really awful. I don't know what to say. :(

Draco
18-07-07, 14:10
Cain killed Able...this isn't exactly a new thing.

Titanium
18-07-07, 14:13
Cain killed Able...this isn't exactly a new thing.

Yeah but they wernt fighting over a games console. And wernt Cain and Able adults?

This is really sad though. :(

Clara [CA]
18-07-07, 14:15
Poor kid...:(

Has Jack Thompson made a comment yet?
I had exactly the same question :rolleyes: I'm sure he'll jump on this really soon.

Draco
18-07-07, 14:28
Yeah but they wernt fighting over a games console. And wernt Cain and Able adults?

This is really sad though. :(

The game alone isn't the reason he killed him...stuff like that has a definable and lengthy history of 'justification'.

tombraiderluka
18-07-07, 14:43
No comment :yik:

Bullethail
18-07-07, 15:27
Thompson's spider sense probably just tingled....

But anyway, the sad thing is that the majority of kids aren't quite like that. But the select few who are...

Izzie404
18-07-07, 15:48
Oh great, another putdown for the gaming community.

Now this will probably come up in a "videogame violence" debate.. :rolleyes:

chrismcalees
18-07-07, 15:57
OMG. How tragic? If I stabbed someone every time I lost a computer game, I wouldn't have stabbed anyone, LOL. No really, I'd be a serial killer. I like the way he has been charged with 'assault, recklessly endangering another person and possession of instruments of crime.' To me, you can't really murder someone without assaulting or endangering them. and I am sure his parents owned the knife, not the child so shouldn't they face charges too. I could kill someone with a pen if i really really wanted to so could i be charged with possession of instruments of crime. Strange.

greendayfan
18-07-07, 16:47
man wot is this would coming too?

yet anouther blow for the gaming community.

this reminds me of the time when a kid over here killed his freand after playing manhunt:(

Lara Croft!
18-07-07, 16:49
Dear God! Stupid kids that are easily affected by violence because their parents or school couldn't "protect them" are doing stuoid things like that and give a bad name to videogames industry.

greendayfan
18-07-07, 16:51
ditto.I mean wots the point of killing somone over a stupid little game?:confused:

maximum_123
18-07-07, 18:07
People :( Why? Why?

jackali
18-07-07, 19:25
Oh Dear!

Well, to be honest, it was bound to happen some time. Pretty much everything else in existence has murder surrounding it.

Angelx14
18-07-07, 19:31
Where is this world coming to? That's just horrible.. T_T We were born to kill eachother.

tomblover
18-07-07, 19:34
Yikes! :eek:

No comment. O.O

8accent8
18-07-07, 20:15
dont blame the video game tho

1, if the kid was stupid enuf to do that, he obviously had a mental problem
2, why didnt the parents do anything if he was that crazy about video games?
3, my older sister called me an "****ing *****" jus cuz i wouldnt let her check her myspace when i was on the computer. (it was actually funny to see her get so mad like that) yet she has the nerve to tell me to "calm down" when she takes my camera and takes about 50 pics of herself without my permission?

that kid was a retard, lets hope he gets ass-raped in jail every nite.

Bonez
18-07-07, 20:20
:( Thats awful.

luckygchi
18-07-07, 20:24
i meen why would you do that to your own brother over a game if i had killed my brother i would proberly kill myself aswell because i coudent cope knowing i had killed my own flesh and blood

Camera Obscura
18-07-07, 20:54

Let's hope not. :rolleyes:

Although I agree this kid should spend SOME time in jail, a life sentence really is exaggerating. Yes he was 13, and he had knowledge of what he was doing, but this seems to be more of a mental problem that should be looked at. Hopefully he gets some help.

tweetygwee
18-07-07, 21:05
More ammunition for the anti-video game ignorant people. This not only annoys gamers, it overlooks the real reasons behind violence.

Duchess
24-07-07, 17:01
Wow, that's so tragic. :(

Lara_Lover32
24-07-07, 18:07
dont blame the video game tho

1, if the kid was stupid enuf to do that, he obviously had a mental problem
2, why didnt the parents do anything if he was that crazy about video games?
3, my older sister called me an "****ing *****" jus cuz i wouldnt let her check her myspace when i was on the computer. (it was actually funny to see her get so mad like that) yet she has the nerve to tell me to "calm down" when she takes my camera and takes about 50 pics of herself without my permission?

1.yes he probly dus but hes smart enuf to know right from whrong
2.yes did the perints even ignolige the facts that the kid GET THE KNIFE
3that happend to me to the sister gets mad cus i wont let her check her myspace but you dont see her stabing me!take stuff without my permmishon yes it happends to every one with a sister she can take you stuff but u cant take hers

i agree

Indiana Croft
24-07-07, 18:32
Okay, that kids has some serious issues that might require a heavy dose of Xanax. They need to throw him in the looney bin, throw away the key and give him a straight jacket! It's a damn video game, for cryin out loud!
:cln::tea::cln::tea::cln::tea::cln::tea:

Tihocan9
24-07-07, 19:07
I am guessing that the kid was one of those spoiled bratty kids who will do anything to get their way no matter what they must do to accomplish it they feel whatever makes them happy is right for the universe and if anyone tries to stand in their way then they will receive the short end of the stick (if I am using that phrase correctly)

Sad, I wonder what video game they were playing and how the parents are reacting toward their 13 year old son, are they forgiving him or are they about to just give him up and never thjink abou him again.

ThomasCroft
24-07-07, 19:11
I am guessing that the kid was one of those spoiled bratty kids who will do anything to get their way no matter what they must do to accomplish it they feel whatever makes them happy is right for the universe and if anyone tries to stand in their way then they will receive the short end of the stick (if I am using that phrase correctly)

Sad, I wonder what video game they were playing and how the parents are reacting toward their 13 year old son, are they forgiving him or are they about to just give him up and never thjink abou him again.

Yes, but if you think about it, all criminals are like that, aren't they?

Jacob x5
24-07-07, 19:13
A better rule would be 'whoever wins has to give someone else a chance to play'. :rolleyes:

It had to be said. :p

danitiwa
24-07-07, 19:16
That proves that people that kill other people are just sick and overly violent by nature. :(

tranniversary119
15-08-07, 18:59
He's obviously sick. I mean a video game controller.. maybe he was addicted. Addiction can be deadly sometimes. Jeze now im bieng nice to my sister

Legend 4ever
15-08-07, 19:21
I really can't explain that act.

Izzie404
15-08-07, 19:57
Um... isn't this thread a month old?

Legends
15-08-07, 20:16
Just disturbing. Killing at such a young age:( So much for the innocence of children. Just shocking.:(

Yeah.. So sad. :(

James_Rutland
15-08-07, 20:17
Thats dreadfull.
Some Children these days! :mad:

ANoDE
15-08-07, 20:19
Um... isn't this thread a month old?

Well, even though it is, I really think, this is something worth discussing even a year later...
I mean, what has to be in someones head to erase a life - even worse, kill your own flesh and blood over a video game for christs sake?
This is horribly shocking. Is a life really worth so little these days...

tranniversary119
15-08-07, 20:31
Thats intense. He's obviously got some toys in the attic :cln:- crazy face
I'm sure he's in the mental hospital now.