PDA

View Full Version : Kaymie (again XD)

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 13:46
A while ago I created a character called Kaymie, some of you may remember her as I used a small sketch of her as a colouring exercise.
And a while ago as well I decided to do a bigger picture of her, hence this drawing of her :D and yes, I still have to come up with a decent back story for her XD

I'm still not done with her, I love the design so let's call it a work in progress. And I still suck at doing hands :D but I'm trying XD also sorry for the sketchiness X_X I need to sharpen my pencils and well yeah I'm messy XD and then there's the perspective... I tried messing around with it and that's the result.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Paperdoll18/kaymiedrawing2.jpg

And here's the first drawing I did of her:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=93211

Kamrusepas
18-07-07, 19:18
Excellent work, babes :tmb: But why is she aiming at the "camera" but looking elsewhere? :D

Nemo_91
18-07-07, 19:22
Awesome! :tmb: Love her hair. :)

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 19:23
Excellent work, babes :tmb: But why is she aiming at the "camera" but looking elsewhere? :D

Widdle problem I need to fix, but first I need properly sharpened pencils to do the proper details in the eyes XD it kept turning out weird X_X thanks hunny bunny wunny :D

Thanks Nemo :D

star girl
18-07-07, 19:25
Cool! :tmb:

Marija_Croft
18-07-07, 20:08
Nice.:tmb:

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 20:14
Fankyou :D

ashnar
18-07-07, 20:44
hands are hard to do, but you master them well. Looking amazing.:tmb:

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 20:45
That is quite the compliment coming from you :D thanks :)

ashnar
18-07-07, 20:53
That is quite the compliment coming from you :D thanks :)

Really, she looks fantastic:cln:. And you draw better than me.:o

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 20:56
I actually think it's the other way around XD I really admire your drawings and shading. Besides we have different styles I guess :D

Dakaruch
18-07-07, 20:57
well i didn't knew that you were a drawer too... but of course that my drawings are much beter than that!! :vlol:
i now i'm kidding... i always mess up my drawings!

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 20:58
I guess I got it from my brother :D but yeah I practice a bit but usually only show my drawings and digital stuff here XD it's all in practice really :)

Dakaruch
18-07-07, 21:01
I guess I got it from my brother :D but yeah I practice a bit but usually only show my drawings and digital stuff here XD it's all in practice really :)

no it isn't!!!! i still draw like a 5 year old boy :vlol:

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 21:03
Then you're probably practicing all wrong :ohn: :p

Dakaruch
18-07-07, 21:05
oh shut up!!! :p
well my drawings could improve but i'm not in the mood:mad:
:vlol:

ashnar
18-07-07, 21:14
lol I used to draw like a 3 year old, but then I moved to an art school and even though they don't teach us complex things such as the human body just yet, I still evolved alot by practicing from studying the drawings of older students. Practice helps alot(Even though it feels like :cen: sometimes). Nothing comes easy. Damn it:vlol:

jarhead
18-07-07, 21:16
Beautiful, brilliant pose ( even thought she is looking away and aiming at us). I love the shaved hair

Paperdoll
18-07-07, 21:23
lol I used to draw like a 3 year old, but then I moved to an art school and even though they don't teach us complex things such as the human body just yet, I still evolved alot by practicing from studying the drawings of older students. Practice helps alot(Even though it feels like :cen: sometimes). Nothing comes easy. Damn it:vlol:

No such luck here, I never ever had art classes XD got it all either from my brother, the internet or practice XD and yes it's hard work but it pays off :D

Thanks Jared :D and yeah I'm working on the look thing XD tried to fixed that but it's not being easy X_X

ashnar
18-07-07, 21:28
No such luck here, I never ever had art classes XD got it all either from my brother, the internet or practice XD and yes it's hard work but it pays off :D

lol. I'm very close to that. All they teached us till now is basic consntruction of simple objects. The rest I tought myself from books and what I've also mentined above. I'm the only one in my family with artistic inclinations, whilst my coleagues have so many family members that went to the same school. But I passed my drawing exams with flying colors despite having lacked almost the entire gymnazium years:D I really want to draw well.:o

Lara Forever
18-07-07, 22:26
lol i love her shes niceeee u have a lot of !!talent!!

Pipolinne
18-07-07, 23:22
It looks much more "genuine" than the previous one!

Her expression is more natural,more challenging.

But I'll always prefer black & white over a coloured version,lol.

Autolycus
19-07-07, 07:44
Awesome work :tmb:
Really like the tattoo on her arm.

Rynn
19-07-07, 08:38
Wow, she looks great! You defintaly got talent. Like Simone (ashnar) writes, practise helps a lot. There are heaps of tutorials out there that can teach you aspects of drawing that you want to get better at.
Certainly don't forget to check out deviantart: http://www.deviantart.com/
I would say to anyone who loves drawing, go for it, practise, believe in yourself, have fun.
:D

Paperdoll
19-07-07, 18:18
It looks much more "genuine" than the previous one!

Her expression is more natural,more challenging.

But I'll always prefer black & white over a coloured version,lol.

I'm working on expressions atm XD and this was a more carefully planned drawing than the other one :D

Thanks guys :D

Wow, she looks great! You defintaly got talent. Like Simone (ashnar) writes, practise helps a lot. There are heaps of tutorials out there that can teach you aspects of drawing that you want to get better at.
Certainly don't forget to check out deviantart: http://www.deviantart.com/
I would say to anyone who loves drawing, go for it, practise, believe in yourself, have fun.
:D

DA is my place of worship really XD for tutorials and such, however I learned properly about proportions through a tutorial Elysia (one of TRF's most gifted artists) posted here a while ago, that is what I can say really taught me about female proportions. Anyways I don't have any intention of leaving drawing so soon so I'll have tons of time to practice :D and thanaks :)