PDA

View Full Version : england has annoyed russia

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:28
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6902386.stm

Britain has annoyed russia over some govermental issues.

tlr online
18-07-07, 17:40
Actually, Russia annoyed England by ignoring a request to extradite a murderer.

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:41
oops my mistake

tlr online
18-07-07, 17:42
If you actually read the article you posted, it provides the background. :)

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 17:44
Meanwhile the US is banning imports from China and China is now doing the same, can't we all just get along :whi:

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:45
i doubt it

tlr online
18-07-07, 17:46
Meanwhile the US is banning imports from China and China is now doing the same, can't we all just get along :whi:

Oh really? Is that coz the U.S. can't handle the fact that China's economy and military is increasing exponentially and will one day challenge the U.S. for dominance?

Do as we say, not as we do, eh? :D

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:46
yeah thats a gd point

Catapharact
18-07-07, 17:48

Yep and I possibly got the biggest laugh outta that one (No offense intended offcourse.)

Here you have possibly one of the biggest economic giants of the century and you wanna place Quotas on their electronics? Lol! (which might I add goes against WTO mandate.)

Not to mention the fact that Microsoft is moving its major operations to Canada because of the U.S. immigration laws.

greendayfan
18-07-07, 17:51
this would is messed up

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 17:58
Oh really? Is that coz the U.S. can't handle the fact that China's economy and military is increasing exponentially and will one day challenge the U.S. for dominance?

I can not vouch for those in charge of my Government Justin, nor would I since most if not all are...well, it's an old argument. At any rate, I was merely pointing out how the two countries are getting fussy at each other. The main issue is pointed out here (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/30/business/worldbusiness/30fish.html?ex=1184904000&en=3fa75bd91843b294&ei=5070). After the US enacted this ban due to what the FDA is claiming unsafe farming practices, the Chinese government issued a ban on certain US food imports, it's a tit for tat. Personally I find it a bit amusing but still, if China is going to use farming components known to cause health concerns, I can't blame the FDA for issuing their concerns.

@Cat: None taken mate :wve:

tlr online
18-07-07, 18:03
... if China is going to use farming components known to cause health concerns, I can't blame the FDA for issuing their concerns.

@Cat: None taken mate :wve:

Oh, the irony. ;) :wve:

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 18:10
Sure, I agree, but you still have to muse over the irony eh? The world's biggest polluter pulling out the "Green" card to a competitor. ;)

All major countries have their short comings and hypocrisies. I won't deny that the US is pretty bad. Especially Good old George "Dubya" refusing to sign into the Kyoto protocol but that of course is a whole other, lengthy topic in itself.

Catapharact
18-07-07, 18:14
All major countries have their short comings and hypocrisies. I won't deny that the US is pretty bad. Especially Good old George "Dubya" refusing to sign into the Kyoto protocol but that of course is a whole other, lengthy topic in itself.

Actually Kyoto falls short drastically on reasonable measures for greenhouse gas emission reduction for many industrilizing countries. If Kyoto was to become an international foothold law, countries like India (who recently have gotten up on its feet and is moving towards becoming more developed) will recieve a heavy blow to their economy.

So in many ways, I don't blame to U.S. for not sigining on to it. Kyoto lacks quite a great deal of reasonable deadlines.

Geck-o-Lizard
18-07-07, 18:16
Kyoto just won't work, period. We really need to stop using fossil fuels altogether if we want to effectively curb pollution.

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 18:20
Kyoto just won't work, period. We really need to stop using fossil fuels altogether if we want to effectively curb pollution.

That I will most definitely agree to.

@Cat:Either way, we're not do enough over here to really make an effort.

Mad Tony
18-07-07, 18:24
Kyoto just won't work, period. We really need to stop using fossil fuels altogether if we want to effectively curb pollution.I agree. But the question is, are there alternative fuels out there? Most probably yes. But the oil companies are most likely paying the inventors of these fuels to keep them off the market until the fossil fuels run out.

Well, that's my theory anyway. :wve:

Catapharact
18-07-07, 18:29
I agree. But the question is, are there alternative fuels out there? Most probably yes. But the oil companies are most likely paying the inventors of these fuels to keep them off the market until the fossil fuels run out.

Possibly the most cliche Conspiricy related theory ever.

Yes no doubt that OPEC and the Cartels obviously regulate the oligopoly on oil but then again that's just business. If they really wanted to maintain the monopoly on petrolium then why is it that most oil companies are the biggest backers of alternative fuel developement? Like Ethanol based fuels and such (Shell's main area of reasearch in partnership with Ferrari.)

greendayfan
18-07-07, 18:32
i reckon there is some reliable fuel source in the wourld that no person has ever found

Geck-o-Lizard
18-07-07, 18:41
I agree. But the question is, are there alternative fuels out there? Most probably yes. But the oil companies are most likely paying the inventors of these fuels to keep them off the market until the fossil fuels run out.

I think it's more likely that the oil industry just has enough financial influence over the people responsible for providing funding, that they can direct cash away from alternative developers. If the government was not corrupt, and its members did not have roots in the oil industry, a lot more cash would be directed into research of renewable and alternative energy sources.

tlr online
18-07-07, 18:45
I agree. But the question is, are there alternative fuels out there?

Are you kidding? In 30 years we've developed wafer-sized computer chips and wireless internet at lightning-fast speeds. Huge leaps in medicine. Do you really think someone hasn't come up with an alternative method of fuelling vehicles? Could it be instead that our respective governments who are reaping billions in fuel tax are also slowing the growth of alternative power methods?

Maybe if the government could tax wind, we'd have more wind farms. I'm still waiting for my Oxygen patent to go through, then you'll all be paying me to breath. :D

Thank goodness for private industry, I say.

Little-Lara

If only China stopped exporting weapons to Africa, think of the thousands of lives that could have been saved. Dominance comes with a very expensive price tag, (not that its something you guys don't already know.) :(

Catapharact
Gecks, no offense intended but that's bullhickey.

Canada for instance has quite a stake in the oil industry yet has been the biggest supporter of alternative fuel projects. The fact of the matter is, the demand for energy outweighs what output renewable energy sources can offer without being totally impractical.

However, that doesn't mean the reaserch isn't contiuning to happen. Hydrogen Fuel cell technology is still being developed by Toyota and (surprsingly) Ford and will be applied to many of their vehicles by 2008.

So if you really wanna cut back on it all; I suggest you start with turning off your PC ;).

Mad Tony
18-07-07, 18:48
Are you kidding? In 30 years we've developed wafer-sized computer chips and wireless internet at lightning-fast speeds. Huge leaps in medicine. Do you really think someone hasn't come up with an alternative method of fuelling vehicles? Could it be instead that our respective governments who are reaping billions in fuel tax are also slowing the growth of alternative power methods?
It was a rhetorical question. I'm pretty certain there are efficient alternatives out there.

tlr online
18-07-07, 18:48
If only China stopped exporting weapons to Africa, think of the thousands of lives that could have been saved.

LMFAO! Yeah, that's a good reason for the U.S. to be ****ed off at China.

:vlol:

greendayfan
18-07-07, 18:50
i reckon the people of this planet are going to rise up against there own goverments and overthrow them,basicly a global cival war.

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 18:51

Maybe if the government could tax wind, we'd have more wind farms. I'm still waiting for my Oxygen patent to go through, then you'll all be paying me to breath. :D

Thank goodness for private industry, I say.

As I understand it, the UK is being more heavily taxed on gas than the US, I find it amusing that there are people here complaining about $3 a gallon when it's double that over there.

Gecks, no offense intended but that's bullhickey.

Canada for instance has quite a stake in the oil industry yet has been the biggest supporter of alternative fuel projects. The fact of the matter is, the demand for energy outweighs what output renewable energy sources can offer without being totally impractical.

However, that doesn't mean the reaserch isn't contiuning to happen. Hydrogen Fuel cell technology is still being developed by Toyota and (surprsingly) Ford and will be applied to many of their vehicles by 2008.

So if you really wanna cut back on it all; I suggest you start with turning off your PC ;).

Sure research has been going on, but we haven't seen much in the way of progress, if more funding was funneled to those projects, but so far from what we see over here, it's a matter of too little too late.

Mad Tony
18-07-07, 18:54
i reckon the people of this planet are going to rise up against there own goverments and overthrow them,basicly a global cival war.I hope not. Anarchy is not the solution in my opinion.

Catapharact
18-07-07, 18:55
[FONT=Arial Black][COLOR=SlateGray]
Sure research has been going on, but we haven't seen much in the way of progress, if more funding was funneled to those projects, but so far from what we see over here, it's a matter of too little too late.

Sure we have. Already Hybrid Vehicles have taken a main stream course in our everyday lives. Do I need to mention the energy efficient Ford Fusion or the Escape Hybrid? Not to mention the fact that there is a Hybrid Variant for the Toyota Camery as well with about the same horsepower as its original variant?

The problem with these cars is simple; They are expensive. They are expensive because Hybrid technology is expensive. Even after all those years of reaserch, its really hard to cut down on the cost of fuel cells. However, that might change by 2008 when Canada announces a more cost effective fuel cell.

interstellardave
18-07-07, 18:58
LMFAO! Yeah, that's a good reason for the U.S. to be ****ed off at China.

:vlol:

The irony is obvious... but it's also puzzling why other nations aren't stepping up to confront China about all these things? China has positioned itself economically and militarily as the next great Superpower... people have good reason to mistrust the US government, but is China any better? Is it worse? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... when China finally makes it's move, watch out, world. :whi:

Catapharact
18-07-07, 19:01
The irony is obvious... but it's also puzzling why other nations aren't stepping up to confront China about all these things? China has positioned itself economically and militarily as the next great Superpower... people have good reason to mistrust the US government, but is China any better? Is it worse? I've said it before, and I'll say it again... when China finally makes it's move, watch out, world. :whi:

Dave, you know what I like about you? You always think ahead of the curb :). Very respectable.

Yep no question about it that China already has taken a strong standing as a power economic and military power and make no mistake about it; They have their own military developement plan (including the developement of next generation fighter interceptors.)

So there is much to be weary about with China.

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 19:02
As far as I'm concerned Cat, Hybrid technology is merely a stopgap measure. I'm more interested in Brazil's attempts with Flexpower cars.

SamReeves
18-07-07, 19:02
All the more reason to give Japan its teeth back. A nice missile shield and navy would put some fear into the communists.

Catapharact
18-07-07, 19:03
All the more reason to give Japan its teeth back. A nice missile shield and navy would put some fear into the communists.

Easy boy.

Nope they aren't communists anymore. Infact I would say they have outpaced the U.S. interms of a Captilistic economy Lol!

SamReeves
18-07-07, 19:05
Easy boy.

Nope they aren't communists anymore. Infact I would say they have outpaced the U.S. interms of a Captilistic economy Lol!

There's no doubt they are addicted to a form of capitalism. Unfortunately too much of it still goes to the state's pot.

Mr.Burns
18-07-07, 19:05
Easy boy.

No doubt about that. But with the size of their military and the level of tensions that seem commonplace, I agree with Sam.

SamReeves
18-07-07, 19:07
As far as I'm concerned Cat, Hybrid technology is merely a stopgap measure. I'm more interested in Brazil's attempts with Flexpower cars.

I agree with you Mark. I say let the auto makers perfect the gasoline engine some more before we totally mandate hybrids on everyone. Drilling offshore in California and Alaska would help solve a lot of problems and cut money to terror.

Catapharact
18-07-07, 19:08
There's no doubt they are addicted to a form of capitalism. Unfortunately too much of it still goes to the state's pot.

True but remember that this is an economy in trasition. Yeah no doubt there is still alot of censorship and control in that country but man is it breaking free and well... The communist heads are about to become just figureheads (The new Royal family perhaps? :p)

interstellardave
18-07-07, 19:09
Dave, you know what I like about you? You always think ahead of the curb :). Very respectable.

Yep no question about it that China already has taken a strong standing as a power economic and military power and make no mistake about it; They have their own military developement plan (including the developement of next generation fighter interceptors.)

So there is much to be weary about with China.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

China has greatly expanded their influence around the world too... they control the Panama canal now, for instance! The US is fading, just as England did before us... next up is China.

As the Who once said, and it's oh so true:

"Meet the new boss..... Same as the old boss!"

sdp93
18-07-07, 19:10
That can't be good.

Draco
19-07-07, 04:36
Possibly the most cliche Conspiricy related theory ever.

Yes no doubt that OPEC and the Cartels obviously regulate the oligopoly on oil but then again that's just business. If they really wanted to maintain the monopoly on petrolium then why is it that most oil companies are the biggest backers of alternative fuel developement? Like Ethanol based fuels and such (Shell's main area of reasearch in partnership with Ferrari.)

Because the oil companies will be even richer after they save the world's industrial nations in the nick of time with miracle fuels and energy sources.

So why wouldn't they fund developement of their own retirement plan?

Little-Lara
19-07-07, 05:18

Seems to me that China has already started the move. And its not a good one. Where's their moral responsibility as a growing country? I mean, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the effects of the weapons export plan.
Weapons = kill people = bad.
It is puzzling, isn't it.

CAISACO
19-07-07, 05:49

Exactly. *sigh* I feel another :cen: war coming on :(

This world is horrible. I just can't explain it. Murderers, prostitutes, kid nappers, sex offenders, terrorists, the list goes on...

2kool4u
19-07-07, 06:17

thats creepy! imagine?

greendayfan
19-07-07, 06:48
you really have to ****ed with them chincks,there bad news

2kool4u
19-07-07, 06:50
u should edit ur post.