PDA

View Full Version : UK Teen gets box full of cash with his PS2

kewlkyle64
19-07-07, 20:07
A young man in the UK got a serious shock when the PS2 that he'd won on eBay arrived at his home in Aylsham, Norfolk. The game system -- which he'd paid 95 for -- arrived without the two games promised by the seller, but with 44,000, or about $90,378. The boy and his family turned the money over to police, who are holding it until late September under the UK's "Proceeds of Crime Act" while they investigate the case. A spokesman for eBay described the situation as "somewhat unusual," while the boy was overheard mumbling that he "Would have rather gotten Gran Turismo 3." In related news, the cast of Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels said that they would "Find that box no matter what kind of uniquely British hi-jinks are required."

Magistrates have given Norfolk Police until September to hold on to the money before the case comes up in court again.

But, if the money remains unclaimed the family could potentially apply for it to be returned to them under the Police Property Act.

A police spokesman said: "We have until 22 September before we have to go back to court to apply for a further order if necessary."

A spokesman for eBay said: "We know that eBay is a great place to pick up a bargain, although in this case, we agree that the contents of the parcel were somewhat unusual and we will assist with any inquiries the police may wish to make."

How wierd would that be? :o

Sara Croft
19-07-07, 20:09
I wouldnt have turned it to the police:mis:

LegenDarY
19-07-07, 20:10
I would've SO kept the money, so would my parents :D.

I'm saying this now, but if I had really gotten it I would think twice what kind of person would have that much money in cash. I'd be a little suspicious :p.

Greenkey2
19-07-07, 20:11
Hmm, a nice little puzzler that... :pi:

viper456
19-07-07, 20:11
my good god! I think I would have cried from happiness if i opened that!! On the other hand who ever sent you it will have your address, so it may not be a clever thing to keep it *coughdrugmoneycough* lol

mattlsu
19-07-07, 20:12
Ah, I would have kept the money. :)

Duchess
24-07-07, 16:08
:eek: If I found that much money in a package that I ordered on eBay I would throw a party, in my mind. :yah: Then I would turn it over to the police.

maximum_123
24-07-07, 16:11
He would've rather got GT3 :vlol:

I would've turned it over as that guy has my address :yik:

Midnight - I want my *Drug Money* back

Jacob x5
24-07-07, 16:26
Why turn it in? :ton:

And he'd rather have Gran Turismo 3? What a stupid kid. :ton: He could've bought it with the money. Several times.

walk_man
24-07-07, 16:30
I would have bought a PS3 ! Gone on Holiday and then spend all the money on whatever else. Then hand in 10 at the end.

Angelus
24-07-07, 16:34
my good god! I think I would have cried from happiness if i opened that!! On the other hand who ever sent you it will have your address, so it may not be a clever thing to keep it *coughdrugmoneycough* lol

:vlol:

Alive_and_Funky
25-07-07, 08:41
I heard about this. I hope he left the seller negative feedback. :p

BoyTRaider
25-07-07, 08:45
Alright, me being as human as I can possibly get would've never in any mention it to the police. I don't even think I'd mention it to my parents. Lol, just kidding about the parents part. :)

Geck-o-Lizard
25-07-07, 08:46
Yeah, I'd probably have turned it in, purely because of the possible danger of where it came from. If organised crime is involved, you definitely don't want to get caught in the middle of that.

luckygchi
25-07-07, 08:52
wow what would you do if you saw that money in a box i'd run up the street naked lol.

but could the money be fake posibly

Lara_Lover32
25-07-07, 08:56
but could the money be fake posibly

YES thats wat i was thinking

I WOULD BE CHEACKING EVERY BILL!!!!:D

tomblover
25-07-07, 09:12
Either it's fake money, or the guy is an idiot!

nicola1986
25-07-07, 10:02
Weird! The things I could buy...:mis:

scion05
25-07-07, 10:03
I'd of spent it by now :whi:

Admles
25-07-07, 10:55
<sarcasm>
Yes, keeping the money would have been SUCH a great idea, because keeping that sort of cash, when the sender has your address, would be so smart. As we all know, theres no way that money could be fake, or connected to drugs or other crimes.....
</sarcasm>