PDA

View Full Version : New look UIQO.com - You like or hate it?

tlr online
19-07-07, 22:12
http://www.uiqo.com

Thank you to those taking the time to constructively comment. :wve:

Night Crawler
19-07-07, 22:14
Nice and clean. Minty fresh almost. Very easy on the eyes, I like it. :tmb:

SamReeves
Thumbs sideways. Not great nor bad.

jarhead
Nice colour scheme, but IMO, the white background is a tad too bright

Dingaling
19-07-07, 22:17
It's okay. Not brilliant but not awful either. Didn't UIQO have stuff to do with Metal Gear Solid 4 though? And a few other non-Eidos games? And why UIQO? What does it stand for? What is a UIQO, LoL.

tlr online
19-07-07, 22:18
It's okay. Not brilliant but not awful either. Didn't UIQO have stuff to do with Metal Gear Solid 4 though? And a few other non-Eidos games?
Became too much work. Just Eidos stuff now.

Nemo_91
19-07-07, 22:19
I like it. :)

Night Crawler
19-07-07, 22:20
the white background is a tad too brightAre you kidding me? White is the basic standard of most webpages, maybe you need to go out more if your eyes have become *that* sensitive, lol. :p

Tomb Raider Master
19-07-07, 22:23
It's good. The design is okay, although the colors could be adjusted a bit, as the page doesn't look that interesting. I think it was tad better before, but this can still be improved.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-07-07, 22:25
Are you kidding me? White is the basic standard of most webpages, maybe you need to go out more if your eyes have become *that* sensitive, lol. :p

It was standard like, five years ago. This is modern times of Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and there's a million colours other than white to choose from. :tea:

Personally I don't like it much. The white's too loud and the colours feel a bit unsynchronised - that might just be personal aversion to the shades of green and blue there. But I quite like the layout.

Titanium
19-07-07, 22:25
The design itself is good but the colours are a bit bland.

jarhead
19-07-07, 22:28
Are you kidding me? White is the basic standard of most webpages, maybe you need to go out more if your eyes have become *that* sensitive, lol. :p

I'm not someone who hasnt seen daylight ina month. I would have just prefered a light greenish colour

Mr.Burns
19-07-07, 22:31
Spiffy but I agree, the white background is a bit much.

Night Crawler
19-07-07, 22:45
It was standard like, five years ago. This is modern times of Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and there's a million colours other than white to choose from. :tea: Yeah but white is definatly still standard, I mean books aren't printed on green or orange paper are they? lol. That's what I meant. We can easily accept white if that is what we are given but we are all free to completely diss pink. White is the wisest choice, but yeah, more points would be given for being more daring.

If I was going with minty green I would have dark green and pale green instead of white and green.

Lenochka
19-07-07, 22:54
Love the design and the layout... but i don't know the colors are kinda boring IMO.

Geck-o-Lizard
19-07-07, 22:57
Yeah but white is definatly still standard, I mean books aren't printed on green or orange paper are they? lol. That's what I meant. We can easily accept white if that is what we are given but we are all free to completely diss pink. White is the wisest choice, but yeah, more points would be given for being more daring.

Books aren't printed on white paper. They're printed on off-white paper. Brilliant white paper is the equivalent of #FFFFFF, and brilliant white paper just doesn't make for comfortable reading.

vespertea
19-07-07, 23:01
Pretty good, I like it. Very clean and soft.

Night Crawler
19-07-07, 23:09
Books aren't printed on white paper. They're printed on off-white paper. Brilliant white paper is the equivalent of #FFFFFF, and brilliant white paper just doesn't make for comfortable reading.I fell asleep reading that fascinating fact, maybe if you had printed it on brilliant white It'd kept my attention! :D

viper456
20-07-07, 00:27
I quite like the colour scheme. The layout is good and easy to follow. I don't mind the white background either, it makes it look clean :tmb:

Sara Croft
20-07-07, 00:42
Looks like any other web page. I dont like it or hate it, though I would preffèr some neater design. Like round corners on the backround where text is. :p
I quite like it as it is. Most web pages do lok alike, wich isnt always bad. ;)

DREWY
20-07-07, 00:50
I thought it was good. Clean, good contrast, easy to navigate. I hate 'busy' sites.

Izzie404
20-07-07, 01:02
I think it looks a little too much like those "spam" sites... :\

Legends
20-07-07, 01:07
It's very nice and clean. The best site is TRC.com. Apart from it being about TR, I like the design, I like how clean it is, and I love how easily you find whatever you're looking for there. IMO this site is looking better than before, I like it simple.

BoyTRaider
20-07-07, 02:30
Very refreshing sleek look. I like it. :wve:

2kool4u
20-07-07, 02:58
I like it. Its nice and simple. You coud make it better by adding more colors etc. but i thhink its cool just the way it is.:)

Tomb Raider 5194
20-07-07, 02:58
IMO it looks quite good, simple and easy to navigate like some members have said. :tmb:

scion05
20-07-07, 18:31
It's really nice and simple :)

But it looks like a blog.

MUN33B
20-07-07, 18:33
Maybe change the main picture at the top?

scion05
20-07-07, 18:33
No that's the best part! :p

interstellardave
20-07-07, 18:36
Like everyone is saying, it's clean and simple and loads very fast because of it. Plenty of content without much waiting. More websites should be like that!

Apofiss
20-07-07, 19:20
Ok, stright to c.c; (I'll be merciless ;]) top image isn't the best, white bg is no good and perhaps it could be also more centered (white/reading part; centered feels kind of more comfortable to read), the rest seems ok. edit: it loads nicely *thumbs up*

badboy70
20-07-07, 19:57
It looks good. Its a bit flat ; you should put more effects or something like that in it to make it look more modern :)

RAID
20-07-07, 20:18
I like it.

It's simple and the colours scheme is friendly to the eye. Also it doesn't use any coloured background, multiple coloured fonts, or multiple font types. Which is a very good thing :tmb: