PDA

View Full Version : A closer look at the iPhone

LegenDarY
19-07-07, 23:44
YgW7or1TuFk

Wow, that's amazing. That'll be the next phone I buy.

But I have to be honest about something, portable multimedia devices are great, but I don't know about combining it with a phone.

I have a great phone right now that can do all sorts of things, except make a decent phonecall. It's always hard to hear what the other person is saying and sometimes the sound just totally drops or the connection (though it's not a problem with recieving a signal).

But you have to admit, it looks AMAZING. The way that guy went through the menu and made that picture larger, wonderful :D.

Real Life Raider
19-07-07, 23:57
I've heard it isn't 3G :confused:

Izzie404
20-07-07, 16:19

If you mean 3GB, then you are right. There are two versions: 4GB and 8GB. ;)

I know someone who has the iPhone, and they absolutely love it! It picks up wireless internet, not from Routers, but from Cell Towers! So there is Internet wherever you can get Phone reception. It is a lot of fun to play with, and you can really use it like how they show in commercials, and stuff..

clairelovestlc
20-07-07, 17:17
~I think raider mean G3 as in 3rd geration options on phones for internet and such!

Draco
20-07-07, 19:27
Link removed

Greenkey2
20-07-07, 19:42
Removed your link Draco. Please don't post such material here.

Draco
20-07-07, 19:49
What was wrong with it?

Oh right, I keep forgetting the overprotective censureship societies embrace.

irjudd
20-07-07, 21:11
Awe I hate it when I see [link removed] it makes me so curious and anxious and curious :( I wish you mods would describe what it was in detail so I'd know.

ben_the_joka
20-07-07, 22:11
lmao same here

makes me feel like i missed out on something! :P

Olvidarse
20-07-07, 22:18

It isn't 3G. It has EDGE.

I'd wait for iPhone 3.0. The current iPhone is just a bunch of animations with the label OSX slapped onto it...

frostfur452
20-07-07, 22:22
The only thing I find a disadvantage to most portable media devices is the battery time. That's one of the reasons why I'd rather a simpler phone with a longer stand by time lol.

scoopy_loopy
20-07-07, 22:55
It looks fantastic! I want to get one, better start saving... hopefully the exchange rate is good when it comes from America. :whi:

Izzie404
20-07-07, 23:02
The only thing I find a disadvantage to most portable media devices is the battery time. That's one of the reasons why I'd rather a simpler phone with a longer stand by time lol.

My friend, who I mentioned before, who has it, said that the battery life is nothing to worry about, although I'm not quite sure what he means by that. :mis:...
He said that the batter will last a long time, but I don't know how long he considers a "long time."

mattlsu
20-07-07, 23:30
I've used one and it's so easy to hang up on someone while talking to them on the phone. Like if your cheek brushes agains it, everything goes boom.

Lara Lover
21-07-07, 00:05
I've used one and it's so easy to hang up on someone while talking to them on the phone. Like if your cheek brushes agains it, everything goes boom.

That seems like a problem. I think everyones missing the point that its a phone. But, I still want one! :jmp:

kryptonite23
21-07-07, 05:06
I like that thing!! :tmb::D

Draco
21-07-07, 05:07
lmao same here

makes me feel like i missed out on something! :P

It simply demonstrates how ****ty the iPhone is compared to say a Nokia E70. However it did contain some swear words (which are 100% appropriate when used in conversation about iPhones).

Necromanser
21-07-07, 15:48

never happened to me on my p990i(its also a touch screen phone)

frostfur452
21-07-07, 22:51

Haha damn! Touch screen should be disabled during calls.

Tomb Raider 5194
22-07-07, 00:12
The iPhone looks so cool! :cln: :D

Legends
22-07-07, 00:37
It looks great, but I don't think that's the phone I'll buy next.

Fraaadrik
22-07-07, 00:43
nvm.

Larapink
22-07-07, 14:26
The IPhone does look nice, I might get one if it comes out in the UK.

walk_man
22-07-07, 16:22
Wow, what used to be a Green screened phone only used for alarms, making calls and playing snake is now a Gadget with music, pictures, videos even more games and whatever else !

Izzie404
22-07-07, 16:26
Wow, what used to be a Green screened phone only used for alarms, making calls and playing snake is now a Gadget with music, pictures, videos even more games and whatever else !

I always loved playing Snake on my mum's phone when I was young. My siblings and I would have competitions to see who could get the highest score, although my oldest sister always won.

Hybrid Soldier
22-07-07, 16:57
That looks so awesome! :D