PDA

View Full Version : Lust (Full Metal Alchemist)

Reggie
22-07-07, 10:32
>>Lust (Full Metal Alchemist)<< (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60337017/)
(^^Click to View^^...its a tad too big for this page :p) (http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/60337017/)

Picture took 5 days to make. I worked on it gradually during a residential I was at and then when I got home I redid the whole thing in pencil as opposed to pen.

Took ages trying to get it onto the computer the eventual solution being that I bought myself a new digital camera.

Tools used:

White Sketching pencil
Pastel Pencil
Sketching pencils (between HB and 9B)
Kneadable eraser
Stump

Olympus Digital camera
Adobe Imageready (for lettering and arrangement, plus the fancy tile-y things on the right).

Advanced critiques are appreciated http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/s/smile.gif

I'd like to give a grateful shoutout to everyone who PM'd me or posted in this thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=102926) with their support. :tmb:

MiCkiZ88
22-07-07, 10:37
FMA FMA FMA FMA :yah:
Yer.. sorry for being hyper.. But I just can't show enough love for FMA :D

Your style is definately getting better and the proportions in this one are so much better than in your previous work. Well done! The only thing that is bothering me is the hand and ear =/ Can't say what exactly.. but they look a bit out of proportion. Other than those it's really good :tmb:

ashnar
22-07-07, 10:44
looks great:tmb: The shading is very well done.:D

Reggie
22-07-07, 10:47
That was my first time drawing hands and I agree, its too early for me to comfortably tick "Hands" off my list of things to work on. (I've got the little list in my journal on Devart to remind me).

I'm not sure about her ear though, do you think its at odds with the angel her head is turned (so the ear is overly exposed considering her face is looking pretty much forwards?)

Heheh, it seems I've got a ways to go yet, I find it a lot of fun doing this though :D

P.S. FMA FTW :tmb:

Edit: Thanks Simone, I'm glad to know the shading came through with this :)

touchmyheart
22-07-07, 10:50
Lust is my favourite humonculus! :jmp: Next comes Envy :D You've drawn her very well :tmb:

Sedge
22-07-07, 12:34
Llllllust. :D Ah, I should go and watch the series through again, that pic reminded me..

And Greed is my definite favourite of the homunculus! :jmp:

bloodstormaoa
22-07-07, 14:20
Reggie it's very,very good :tmb: Your art keeps getting better and better :D I lovee FMA.......and Lust:p

If you don't mind, I have a little constructive critism:o
1. The Hand - Overall, it's very good for a first attempt, far better than most peoples first attempts at hands:p. The main problem is that it's too big, proportion wise. Also the fourth and little fingers have too much of an extended gap between them. My advice when drawing hands, would be to pose yourself into the positions in front of a mirror to get a better idea of how it should look (proportion and position wise). Also, anyone starting to draw hands should study their own hands in detail, in many different positions.

2. The Ear - I think the problem here is that it looks to far away from the head. Also remember that most peoples ears lie against/beside their head and don't stick out.(unless its the look you're going for)

Overall I love your style and can't wait to see more:tmb:

Reggie
22-07-07, 16:25
Lust is my favourite humonculus! :jmp: Next comes Envy :D You've drawn her very well :tmb:

Llllllust. :D Ah, I should go and watch the series through again, that pic reminded me..

And Greed is my definite favourite of the homunculus! :jmp:

My favourite so far has to be Lust, however I'm only up to volume 3 (I'm more of a manga reader lol)...I brought vol.2 with me on the residential and I guess this is the result!

Reggie it's very,very good :tmb: Your art keeps getting better and better :D I lovee FMA.......and Lust:p

If you don't mind, I have a little constructive critism:o
1. The Hand - Overall, it's very good for a first attempt, far better than most peoples first attempts at hands:p. The main problem is that it's too big, proportion wise. Also the fourth and little fingers have too much of an extended gap between them. My advice when drawing hands, would be to pose yourself into the positions in front of a mirror to get a better idea of how it should look (proportion and position wise). Also, anyone starting to draw hands should study their own hands in detail, in many different positions.

2. The Ear - I think the problem here is that it looks to far away from the head. Also remember that most peoples ears lie against/beside their head and don't stick out.(unless its the look you're going for)

Overall I love your style and can't wait to see more:tmb:

Thanks and I've got no problem with constructive crits.
What you've said about the hands and ears are true. It just so happens I've been studying my own hand. I drew around around it then tried to label where all the joins are. I might take some photographs for easier reference. If I do, then I'll post then @ Deviantart as a resource. :)

Rynn
22-07-07, 20:02
This looks great. I especialy love the composition you made. :)

Autolycus
23-07-07, 08:52
Looks awesome, great job :tmb:

Reggie
23-07-07, 11:17
Thanks Rynn and Autolycus :)