PDA

View Full Version : Shaving

Joe_16
22-07-07, 16:43
A somewhat bizarre thread really aimed at all those male members out there (obviously). How often do you shave? Recently I just can't be bothered and so have quite a hefty beard coming along. I am going to have to shave soon because it's begginng to get iritable. Such.an.effort.

So yea how often do you shave? Do you all love the facial hair?

xcrushterx
22-07-07, 16:45
I'm only 15 so not that often lol.

Joe_16
22-07-07, 16:46
One day you will be a man my son.

DMC
22-07-07, 16:47

Hahaha..........

I'm 15 too,and I shave every two to three days.

:D

xcrushterx
22-07-07, 16:51

Hahaha..........

I'm 15 too,and I shave every two to three days.

That's not that often. Plus I don't really shave even when I need to. Hence the long breaks lol

lita212
22-07-07, 16:51
well as a transexual i shave everyday even though i can miss about 2 days of shaving

ThomasCroft
22-07-07, 17:11
I have to shave my chinhair most; it's incredibly irritating. However, I also shave the bumfluff - as I call it :D - just above my lips.

If I leave my chinhair for about 2 days, this annoying stubble will randomly appear and look stupid. If I leave it to grow a bit longer you can hardly see my chin, and I look like Billy Goat's Gruff or something.

For this reason, I SHOULD be shaving everyday, but now it's summer holidays I couldn't care less.

On another note, my Dad is kind of a pushy father in that he wants me to grow up really quickly and start having sex with girls - oh God he doesn't know me - and just be a man right now. For this reason, he bought me - and this is no joke, I am only 15 - an ELECTRIC SHAVER!! I mean seriously ... he is kind of deluding himself into thinking his son is a fully grown bloke. EDIT: And what's worse, it was a christmas present!!!

Sad really.

:wve:

Mad Tony
22-07-07, 17:24
well as a transexual i shave everyday even though i can miss about 2 days of shaving:vlol: Lol! :D

I don't shave yet, although I am 14 and I've got a mustache coming along. :p

Joe_16
22-07-07, 17:35
Might see how long I can grow it for a larf.

jarhead
22-07-07, 17:35
Depends, but usually every 2/3 days.

Bonez
22-07-07, 17:36
I shave about once a week and I'm 15.

Aurimas
22-07-07, 17:36

Jacen
22-07-07, 17:37
I shave twice a week mostly.
But I'm blond so it doesn't show if I skip a shave every once in a while.

vespertea
22-07-07, 17:38
I shave every 2 days while I'm in school. During the summer, I shave every 4 or 5 days.

Greenkey2
22-07-07, 18:03
A somewhat bizarre thread really aimed at all those male members out there (obviously).

What about us women who get grumpy about shaving underarms and legs? :p

Underarms = no real problem.

Legs = ARGH!! Is it that time AGAIN?! :hea: Hate shaving my legs, but would prefer that to waxing or (god forbid) epilating ANY day.

viper456
22-07-07, 18:05
Once a day usually, unless I'm feeling lazy. But I hate facial hair. Would prefer it if it just all fell out and never came back!

RAID
22-07-07, 18:07
Twice a week. Shaving bores the crap out of me. Especially since I have to shave around my goatee

Lara Croft!
22-07-07, 18:09
A somewhat bizarre thread really aimed at all those male members out there (obviously).

Then it should have the title "Shaving facial hair", because girls shave too..:)

Alive_and_Funky
22-07-07, 18:12
I've not started shaving yet, but a moustache is starting to come along, and a beard... and a uni-brow.

Rivendell
22-07-07, 18:18
Around once a week, I don't tend to get that fussy about stubble unless it becomes too pronounced.

paul123456
22-07-07, 18:23
I'm 13 and I had a mostache growing and everyone was pointing out about it so I shaved it off one day now I shave once a week.

jeffrey van oort
22-07-07, 18:24
I shave 1 time in 2 days.

Dark Lugia 2
22-07-07, 18:29
I do it every 3 days, and i'm only 14 :D hehe..
someone took a pciture of me once and it was;nt noticable, but i could;nt stop staring at that MOOSETASCHE! :eek: so i shaved it off :P

Cookie_Raider
22-07-07, 18:42
LOL legs every other stupid day :hea::hea: armpits every morning. Damn dark hairs!!! And for you boys who dont like it - us girls have a MUCH larger surface area to shave so quit moaning :p

chrismcalees
22-07-07, 18:51
I used to have to shave every day for my previous job, so now I don't have to, I only do it once a week, on a Monday before work. My sideburns are the thing that annoy me the most. They get really bushy and old man like.

jarhead
22-07-07, 18:53
Then it should have the title "Shaving facial hair", because girls shave too..:)

And some girls get facial hair aswell :D.

MUN33B
22-07-07, 18:59
I've not started shaving yet, but a moustache is starting to come along, and a beard... and a uni-brow.

Same here :p

I'm gonna have to start shaving soon.....

-DEBUG
22-07-07, 19:11
And some girls get facial hair aswell :D.

At my school there are more girls with beards than boys :vlol: :p

Fish.
22-07-07, 19:17
Not quite old enough to shave yet ;)

taika
22-07-07, 19:22
i should shave more often then I do, but i'm far to lazy. hahaha. basically, i shave when i think "omg"
oh well!

ace_85
22-07-07, 19:34
About once or twice a week. Luckily, I don't have a job that involves facing the public, so my employer doesn't really care if I turn up without shaving somedays. That suits me fine, because once you've been shaving for a few years, the novelty totally wears off and it becomes a major annoyance :D

Dakaruch
22-07-07, 19:56
if i didn't let my beard grow like crazy, i would have to do it every two days...

Reggie
22-07-07, 20:08
Only once or twice a week for me. I can imagine it must be very annoying for those who have to do the same thing almost every day.

jeffrey van oort
22-07-07, 21:13

lol @ the uni-brow!!!!!!
No ofense but I couldn't stop laughing, I have never heard of that word so I looked it up and the terror I experienced while reading what it meant really freaked me out so I turned the terror into a fun parade and I tried laughing and it helps:D Fortunatly I am 19 years old and I can't get an uni-brow no longer.
If I were to have one, I should have been blessed with one already:D
Don't you think that it is wierd that hair appears on specific places where all humans have hair something similar like that a lot of people have eyebrows?

BtoFu
22-07-07, 21:17
About twice a week. I enjoy the process, especially if I'm doing more than my face...it's kinda cathartic. :D

Fraaadrik
22-07-07, 21:18
nvm

tombraiderluka
22-07-07, 22:16
As weird as this sounds I don't have beard yet and I'm 15 :rolleyes:

lita212
22-07-07, 22:21
i love a guy with a beard but hate them having a bush down below lol i like it trimmed or just bald lol opps how rude of me lol

Ikas90
23-07-07, 05:23
I'm 17, and I shave about once every 5 days (once a week if I'm lazy) :pi:

And I started shaving when I was 11 years old! :yik:

Admles
23-07-07, 05:34
I'm 28 and I shave Sunday nights and Wed / Thursday nights.

For some reason my facial hair is fairly light - I can't grow a beard at all, it just looks like one of those tryhard teenage beards.

My boss, on the other hand, can shave at 8am and be due for another shave around 2pm. He can grow a substantial full beard in a week!

calico25
23-07-07, 05:56
i have to shave every day if i want a clean looking face. I get the stubble showing back up later in the day.

If i let it go a week or so then it is a full beard. I went with the full beard for a while but am trying to look clean right now.

If i wait a few days to shave then it really hurts since my whiskers are so damn thick. I have to use expensive shave creams and pre shave oils just so i can tolerate it, lol.

Lara_Zoz2006
23-07-07, 08:48
Coming from a female member, if you shave in a downward motion when you shave your face you hair will grow back in the same direction rather than sall over the place (which is what causes irritation). It may take a bit longer but it saves itches and bumps:)

top-toddy
23-07-07, 09:30
my dad (59 n im dead for saying that) shaves about 1ce a week , he gets all scratchy towards the end
im a girl and use that hair dissolve cream about , err 2wice a month or whenever i choose to

lol @ the uni-brow!!!!!!

Dark Lugia 2
23-07-07, 09:39
^ Thats what my sister uses too :p oh we all know that she has a massive tasche.. :p

top-toddy
23-07-07, 09:49
lol @ tash

the cream is the only thing i use , no pain :p

Lara_Zoz2006
23-07-07, 09:52
i cant use the creams i have an allergic reaction to them (trust all em tried em all Veet, Nair etc) I wax sometimes but must of the time i use a good ol razor and lots of mousitering creams and it all works well

MiCkiZ88
23-07-07, 09:54
I shave my beard every freaking single day -_- And it's no fun. Shaving machine doesn't do the job well enough so I have to finish the shaving with razor. And man.. it burns to use aftershave -_-

But I don't have problems with body hair. As I don't have chest or back hair. I do shave my underarms and legs though :whi: I can't stand the hair..

Dark Lugia 2
23-07-07, 09:56
Hehe how can you see if you have back hair? :p :mis:

BtoFu
23-07-07, 10:20
And man.. it burns to use aftershave -_-

You should try a low alcohol content aftershave or some cooling aftershave balm. :cool:

SoulReaver74
23-07-07, 10:48
I shave just once a day, but by the time my working day finishes i could probably shave again, i must have an aggressive growth hormone in my DNA or somethin, and my skin is so sensitive it feels like i've been slapped silly by my miss's, woh to much info there. :D

nicola1986
23-07-07, 11:02
I had an epilator for X-mas, it was so painful, I cried every time I used it, I've never felt so much pain lol Tho my leg hairs are quite thick :o

It broke when a thread from my jeans got caught in it, so it's back to shaving which its a LOT less painful :D

The only problem is if you don't use proper shaving gel that protects your skin, you get horrible red bumps everywhere and I hate the spiky feeling when they start to grow back, which for me is the next day :(

Trigger_happy
23-07-07, 12:57
My friends shaves into a cup in her room:confused: She has a giant scar on her leg because she shaved it badly: Probably serves her right.

I normally shave like once a fortnight, normally because I can't be bothered to shave more often, and because I don't get a one day moustache.

Shark_Blade
23-07-07, 13:01
Have to shave almost every 2 days because I can't stand facial hair! They gave rash and scratch my chin, hate it. If facial hair comfortable I won't bother much.
One time I feel my hair makes my head hot and dizzy so I cut them all off.

biohazard1379
23-07-07, 13:11
Like every 3-4 days, lol it grows back too fast. :p

jackali
23-07-07, 13:12
Every two or three days for me, it gets rather tedious really, but eventually it'll just become part of my routine.

I don't really find it a problem, I just wish that I didn't have to bother, however if I leave it to grow it looks rather absurd.

Legends
23-07-07, 13:15
Every morning. It takes 5 minutes, and once I'm done I feel so much better.

Autolycus
23-07-07, 14:05
I shave maybe twice a week. I remember as a kid i couldn't wait to start shaving how things change, propper does my head in now.

CoxyAppo
23-07-07, 14:28
Im 15 and I've shaved once - i'm really fur (its not fur lol)

SoulReaver74
23-07-07, 14:45
I might just grow a heavy duty beard, then maybe by christmas i can surprise the kid's impersonating jolly old St nic. ho ho

Andariel
23-07-07, 16:08
A somewhat bizarre thread really aimed at all those male members out there (obviously). How often do you shave? Recently I just can't be bothered and so have quite a hefty beard coming along. I am going to have to shave soon because it's begginng to get iritable. Such.an.effort.
lol! being female i shave my underarms and legs. yet i don't think of it as much effort since i've done it for years. :p

Terminatorvs
23-07-07, 16:26
Twice a week.

petujaymz
23-07-07, 16:34
I shave my face every 2/3 days to be honest.

:wve:

Tthe Spirit
23-07-07, 17:50
i don't shave with the blade..

if i do, i'll get too many pimples over the shaved area
so i go to barber and he does that for me
i shave thus once/week

Grenade
23-07-07, 17:52
I just started to shave last week, so I'll probably do it later this week too. :)

lita212
23-07-07, 18:01
i don't shave with the blade..

if i do, i'll get too many pimples over the shaved area
so i go to barber and he does that for me
i shave thus once/week

yeh shaving with the blade just cuts the hair and when it grows back especially on legs its really *****ley and alot of people get rash's. thats why i use veet or another hair remover cause it gets rid of the hair from the root and doesnt grow bk for ages. clean shaves are good too. you have to clean shave if your having certain operations.

irjudd
23-07-07, 19:20
Every other day. Pretty whiskery by then, so I should probably do it every day but I'm too lazy.

peeves
23-07-07, 21:16
I shave too but not only do i shave facial hairs but i also shave other hairs too. But not the ones on my head nor the eyebrows nor eyelashes.

BtoFu
23-07-07, 21:28
My friends shaves into a cup in her room:confused: She has a giant scar on her leg because she shaved it badly: Probably serves her right.

:vlol:

Such a bizarre post.

shockwave_pulsar00
23-07-07, 21:31
I shave every 3-4 days unless I'm lazy and really don't feel like messing with it. I usually have a chin strap goatee, so I really only have to do touch ups to keep it in check.

Since my facial hair is thick I try to limit how much I shave unless I want the stubble look for awhile. I recommend the Fusion razors for men, they are very helpful, for me anyway.

MrBear
23-07-07, 21:41
I'm 20 and I shave every 5 or 6 days :D right from the start I waited as long as I could before shaving, so I guess that's why I can wait 3 days before it begins being an issue... I think I've heard something about it.. the more you shave the quicker your body 'produces' the hair so it grows out.. .or am I imagining stuff? :)

Joe_16
23-07-07, 21:42
I have kind of weird facial hair, it isn't really that thick so I can never really grow a proper beard.

Lavinder
23-07-07, 21:52
What about us women who get grumpy about shaving underarms and legs? :p

Underarms = no real problem.

Legs = ARGH!! Is it that time AGAIN?! :hea: Hate shaving my legs, but would prefer that to waxing or (god forbid) epilating ANY day.

Gah, every-single-morning, I have a very high hair growth rate - no one wanted to know that of course :p

Men frustrate me when they moan about shaving :p

MrBear
23-07-07, 22:17
Gah, every-single-morning, I have a very high hair growth rate - no one wanted to know that of course :p

who's moaning? :) ah well, I'm just glad I'm not a woman, I would hate to shave my legs because it's regarded as being feminine and anything else would be disgusting... that being said, I couldn't imagine having a girl friend who didn't shave her legs :D I know, very... oh, what d'ya call it? in Danish, it translates to being 'double moralistic', but it doesn't sound very Englishly :p

Aurimas
23-07-07, 23:00

Admles
23-07-07, 23:13
Yes, I heared something like this too.
No, its an old wives tale.

Hair is thinner on top than it is at the bottom, sort of tear-dropped shape, it comes to a point. When you shave you cut off the thin part at the top, and as it grows it appears thicker because it doesn't come to that thin point anymore.

tombraider123
23-07-07, 23:47
I am only 16 and have to shave about every 3/4 days, can be annoying.

CroftScionGuard
24-07-07, 00:07
Excuse my english but I don't know what to call them?? Facial hair?? well I only shave mine once per 2 weeks, because I was told that I look very well with these facial hair a little bigger but not too much, and I only shave once per two weeks because the one that gave me that advice is a beautiful, non-familiar girl of my age, 20 years...

Izzie404
24-07-07, 01:57
My facial hair doesn't grow in that fast, so I don't normally have to worry about it, but when it does come in, I still like to feel it [the little stubble :p], and I really can't stand shaving [and don't really want to start], so whenever it starts to get long I either use scissors [not that effective and dangerous] or... get this: Toe-nail clippers. They are very effective, especially with my hair, because, with my facial hair, it doesn't grow out that much and I can 'clip it' [:p] easily.

bloodstormaoa
24-07-07, 02:01
Once a week for me............but then again it's the thing I'm laziest about:o

Yunas Wish
24-07-07, 03:20
Every single day of my life :p It gets tedious, but I simply have to. It grows too fast, and Im 18.

CAISACO
24-07-07, 04:28

:vlol: I know, I shave my legs one day, a day later "Gasp! :yik: THIS CAN"T BE! I JUST SHAVED MY LEGS!!" :p

CuteKittenlol
24-07-07, 08:41

Woaaah. I bet that drives you crazy XD Doing it every 3/4 days annoys me...but every day XD

Tell me about it...

Alive_and_Funky
24-07-07, 08:47
Laura, haven't you realised? You're a werewolf! :yik:

EscondeR
24-07-07, 09:52
^ ^ The thread was initially started for "men out there" :p Well OK...

Every 3/4 days as I get strong irritation if shave more often.

CroftScionGuard
24-07-07, 13:01
Laura, haven't you realised? You're a werewolf! :yik:
:vlol::vlol::vlol:

scion05
24-07-07, 13:17
Every weekish :)
Then i get hideously long ginger whiskers and end up looking
like a bloody leprechaun.... lol!