PDA

View Full Version : Obscure

Paperdoll
22-07-07, 18:31
As always criticism is more than welcome specially since this is my first actual proper drawing with a guy! :yah: wootness XD so what does that mean? I'm still experimenting oh so much with male anatomy. Therefore, any criticism is very very welcome, also since there are probably tons of things wrong with it.

Anyways this is based on Dir en Grey's video for their song Obscure and their lead singer Kyo. I'm not an obsessed fangirl... honest :D

I tried to pay more atention to detail this time and I also know there's a hand missing, I still haven't found a proper reference picture for it.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Paperdoll18/obscure.jpg

ashnar
22-07-07, 18:43
That looks great. Unfortunately, I don't believe I am in the meassure of giving you advice about anatomy, though I would love to. I am much more conmfortable drawing women than men(but I'm guessing it's cause I'm a girl:D). What I do know about male anatomy is that they have slightly broader shoulders and and a narrower pelvis then women. Also, the face structure is more rugged, the bones there are also more broad(cheek bones and mandibula) But still looks awesome. Like I've said, I'm not in the measure to critisize as I am a student:D

Paperdoll
22-07-07, 18:45
Yeah I know the theory as well, but actually putting it to paper... hard XD and yeah I'm also much more comfortable drawing women, hence why I'm trying to do guys for a change. I'm not even a student and even students can give criticism :D but thanks anyway :)

Rynn
22-07-07, 18:46
I think you did a great job on the anatomy. Perhaps the shoulders could be a bit better. But overall there is little to critisize on I think. I also adore his hair! :D

Reggie
22-07-07, 18:51
Looking good! :tmb:

I enjoy drawing women more but I feel more comfortable drawing men (that probably shows in how I sometimes struggle with feminine features).

I'm not that experienced but if its of any help I would suggest looking at shoulder width and also the angle of the right arm - it looks a little awkward. You seem clued up on the theory though so I would say its just a matter of practice and you'll be fine :)

Kamrusepas
22-07-07, 20:39
Ohh, Kyoness is prettiness :jmp: His left shoulder (his left) seems a bit too sharp for me, otherwise it's awesomeness :tmb: :jmp:

Paperdoll
22-07-07, 20:41
Looking good! :tmb:

I enjoy drawing women more but I feel more comfortable drawing men (that probably shows in how I sometimes struggle with feminine features).

I'm not that experienced but if its of any help I would suggest looking at shoulder width and also the angle of the right arm - it looks a little awkward. You seem clued up on the theory though so I would say its just a matter of practice and you'll be fine :)

As in wider shoulders? I might try it. And yes that arm looks a bit weird X_X I still have to figure out how to un-weird it XD and thanks :)

Ohh, Kyoness is prettiness :jmp: His left shoulder (his left) seems a bit too sharp for me, otherwise it's awesomeness :tmb: :jmp:

Yeah I don't notice certain things until I get the drawing scanned and get to see it on my monitor XD and thanks hunny wunny :D

Reggie
22-07-07, 20:54
Just noticed Kam's comment about the left shoulder being too sharp. This could be the problem I was seeing but wrongly pinpointed. Go for Kam's advice, I think :)

As for the arm. I think I know the problem. It looks as if the arm wouldn't reach down past the waist which it needs to. The forearm seems to go thin too quickly almost as if you wanted to show the entire arm as much as possible before it trails off the page. Its a mistake I've made many times before.

Looking at your picture in a constructive criticism type of way makes me learn more myself about proportions etc.

Paperdoll
22-07-07, 21:00
Glad to help then :D actually it doesn't trail off the page, I just cropped it that way :) I have yet to draw that hand, I just need a reference picture. But still it has to do with how the actual arm is drawn... I just might erase it and redo it... thanks for all the help :)

Autolycus
23-07-07, 08:30
Nice work. The only thing i'd say is imo his legs seem a little too staight and like Kam said his left shoulder is a liitle sharp. But other than that it looks really good.

Paperdoll
23-07-07, 19:57
Thanks Autolycus :) thanks everyone for the criticism, much appreciated :D

maximum_123
23-07-07, 20:06
Brill Drawing, Paperdoll :tmb:

Can't complain

Alex Fly
24-07-07, 10:04
This is a great drawing, Paperdoll ! :tmb:

touchmyheart
24-07-07, 10:44
Wow, great work :D

tr.fan
24-07-07, 10:51
This is the best male character drawn picture i ever saw\

great work ;)

BtoFu
24-07-07, 10:51
Snug fit pants :cln:

I kid. I'm a sucker for details...that's why I like the belt. The hair also reminds me of Ayame of Tenchu a bit. Looks kinda like he's wearing a skin suit too. Iz niiice! :D

Indiana Croft
24-07-07, 10:58
That looks great. Unfortunately, I don't believe I am in the meassure of giving you advice about anatomy, though I would love to. I am much more conmfortable drawing women than men(but I'm guessing it's cause I'm a girl:D). What I do know about male anatomy is that they have slightly broader shoulders and and a narrower pelvis then women. Also, the face structure is more rugged, the bones there are also more broad(cheek bones and mandibula) But still looks awesome. Like I've said, I'm not in the measure to critisize as I am a student:D

I love to draw, but I draw Women more than men. Women are actually a bit easier to draw sine their less constricting than the male's sqaure anatomy, and there's alot more you can do with their appearence, really, and I'm all about creativity. Nice drawing though. I liked it:D

kryptonite23
24-07-07, 11:32
I like his overalls!!:D

lararoxs
24-07-07, 12:06
great job!! i can never draw anything good lol!