PDA

View Full Version : Frustration - So Many Things, So Little Money?

TombRaiderLover
22-07-07, 20:55
Wandering around HMV and GAME yesterday, I was increasingly bothered at how many things I want! A TR Anniversary guide screaming out to me . . . an early edition of TR 1 (which I might buy tomorrow, actually) . . . game consoles . . . a Series One-Ten boxset of Friends - Futurama - Scrubs . . .

Is anybody else irritated at how their mind craves possessions that can't be bought all at once. I mean, many more DVD's and games are being released soon, and it's purely torture.

Anybody else suffering this illness? :p

Mad Tony
22-07-07, 20:59
Yes... but my birthday is in two days! *punches air* :D

ace_85
22-07-07, 21:02
I suffer from a slightly modified version of that curse. With my slightly weird work schedule, I find that I don't actually have much time to shop for CDs, DVDs etc anymore. And what adds to my despair is that most of the albums I want can only be found on Amazon *sigh*

BtoFu
22-07-07, 21:12
I'm always working overtime so I can afford to keep up the spending...burns a hole in my pocket every time I get paid. I do set myself limits though and sometimes it's tough to stick to them. I don't buy much in the way of tv shows on DVD though as I find I only watch them once.

If I am caught short it's usually because I haven't been to the bank and I end up a mere few notes shy of getting something extra that I want.

Legend of Lara
22-07-07, 21:30
Charmed seasons 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 and 8, Transformers: The Game, Harry Potter 5 game, Maximum Impact 2, TRs1, 2 and 5, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS... *faints*

FomarThain
22-07-07, 22:05
I feel somewhat opppsite. Got the money but don't have the :cen: time!

Somone else started a thread about all the good games about to come out. And that is so true. But how am I going to find the time to play them?!

When I say I got the money btw I am talking about for games here not new car money.:D

Dakaruch
22-07-07, 22:31
yes... i just wanted to get a new ps3, but it is 600:eek:
i can't afford that:(

Geck-o-Lizard
22-07-07, 22:34
Nah. There are very few DVDs and games that I would consider renting, let alone buying. In fact I rarely want much at all, and frequently have cash to spare, which I just put aside and save.

kewlkyle64
22-07-07, 22:38
Yup. There's so many things I want, but being only 12, well, that's not really possible now is it.

RockSteady101
22-07-07, 22:38
...and frequently have cash to spare, which I just put aside and save.

For Barshaw Gala Day ;)

:p

BtoFu
22-07-07, 22:40
Yup. There's so many things I want, but being only 12, well, that's not really possible now is it.

Get a paper route damn you..it's where the big bucks are hooo yeah. :pi:

Sara Croft
22-07-07, 22:48
I got 2900$ (Give or take a little) So I got everything I want :cool:

Geck-o-Lizard
22-07-07, 22:53
For Barshaw Gala Day ;)

:p

Pffft. Wouldn't even go to that if you PAID me to go. XD

kewlkyle64
23-07-07, 02:52
Get a paper route damn you..it's where the big bucks are hooo yeah. :pi:

Yeah, especially nowadays where its the safest job ever... Not like there are people who will do something to harm me... Besides, paper routes are all done by Mexicans (not joking) here in California.

Greenkey2
23-07-07, 09:31
Nah. There are very few DVDs and games that I would consider renting, let alone buying. In fact I rarely want much at all, and frequently have cash to spare, which I just put aside and save.

Know the feeling. There are plenty of nice things out there true, but the idea of going crazy over it seems daft to me. It's just stuff (good stuff maybe, but still stuff :p). I prefer to save.

Trigger_happy
23-07-07, 12:54
I have a part time job, and being only 126, I have therefore got quite a bit of cash. Last month I spent all of my money bar 40 Quid, but this month I have spent like 50 quid so far...

Fish.
23-07-07, 13:07
I have a part time job, and being only 126, I have therefore got quite a bit of cash.

Egads, you're 126??? :eek:

psychokitten
23-07-07, 13:10
If I had the money I'd so be MAKING time to shop, lol...but no money :(

I'm obsessed with clothes, and I still don't have TR Anniversary, and I need a piano and a decent microphone and a computer that I can record stuff on, so basically a recording studio would be awesome...OH and a car :pi:

Legends
23-07-07, 13:11
I buy things I don't need all the time.

ThomasCroft
23-07-07, 13:14
Usually, I have the money; my birthday and christmas are relatively close together, so around that time I am usually hit by an overdose of cash which will last me the whole year with some left over (I am quite thrifty).

biohazard1379
23-07-07, 13:15
It doesn't really bother me, my current job pays well so if I want something I can usually go buy it, but right now I don't need that much. On the weekend I bought Resident Evil Apocalypse special edition DVD because I had a crazy craving to get it for some reason. lol

ROFL

Trigger_happy
23-07-07, 14:03

Yes, can't you tell?

nicola1986
23-07-07, 14:47
Yeah I have this.

Want a new phone, updated PC, a Wii, various 360 and pc games, new clothes, new shoes etc...and no money <sigh>