PDA

View Full Version : Rihanna - Umbrella No.1 for 10th Week!

Jack Croft
23-07-07, 18:00
Well done Rihanna! :tmb:

No.1 for a 10th Week this is the longest No.1 single in the Uk for well over a decade the last No.1 single lasting for over 10 weeks was in 1994.

Here is a video from the BBC about Rihanna at No.1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_6910000/newsid_6911600/6911673.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&nol_storyid=6911673&news=1

Some people say maybe this song has cursed are weather due to all the horrific floods in UK at the moment....maybe it has! ;)

Umbrella - Here it is!
FMcxWLY0WBo

lita212
23-07-07, 18:04
yeh if it is still number 1 next week then it will have beaten the number 1 u.k record charts.

i also said its weird that since the song has been number 1 we have had sooo many floods, they have even been playing the song over scenes of the floods on the news lol.
i feel so sorry for the people who have lost their homes. the river thames is at breaking point and they reckon even more houses will be destroyed.

Dark Lugia 2
23-07-07, 18:05
Well done girl :D thats like so cool, 10th week! :eek: and a great song too. :D

Rivendell
23-07-07, 18:08
Excellent, and I've not listened to it once :tmb:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-07-07, 18:38
^ :vlol:

I love this song, but the remix with Chris Brown is wayyy better.

Ampersand
23-07-07, 18:41
Good grief, what is the world coming to. Hopefully the Apocalypse will come before she gets an eleventh week. =(

Shark_Blade
23-07-07, 18:42
I thought the song suck (:p) and it sound like "in your head in your head zo-om-bie, zo-om bie, zombie,zombie eh eh Eh..." which is naff enough.

Cookie_Raider
haha wicked - love this song :D I got tickets to go see her at the Brighton Centre :jmp: Her album is ace.

Jack Croft

Yep it is quite good here it is the remix.

Rihanna - Umbrella [Remix feat. Chris Brown]

jeWVLzndwn8

Lost_Soul
:eek: God that song scares me *twitch*

Angelx14
23-07-07, 18:43
I used to like that song, but now it's getting on my nerves.. I can't even listen to it anymore T_T
well, well done, Rihanna.. I guess

tombraiderluka
23-07-07, 18:44
:vlol:

Cookie_Raider
23-07-07, 18:46
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=3DIhPIN0a98

^^ Is a funny parody, honest!! :o

Apofiss
23-07-07, 18:48
Now with the vid it sounds even better :3

Angel_14
23-07-07, 18:48
I used to like that song, but now it's getting on my nerves.. I can't even listen to it anymore T_T
well, well done, Rihanna.. I guess

Same here. I showed it to my brother and around the second minute he was all "Turn it off! Turn it off!"...

tr_mitch
23-07-07, 18:52
It's a bit overplayed now but still love this song.
Especially love Biffy Clyros cover of it on Radio 1.
nJAklQZ7kBg

Noodleboy
23-07-07, 19:04
Good job! But it's the worst song ever!! :D

Jack Croft
23-07-07, 19:09
It's a bit overplayed now but still love this song.
Especially love Biffy Clyros cover of it on Radio 1.
nJAklQZ7kBg

Good! :D

ace_85
23-07-07, 19:20
Ugh... Rihanna http://www.smileypad.com/v224/Feelings/Green.gif

jackali
23-07-07, 19:26
I do have to ask this, it has been puzzling me for some time since I was forced to listen to this (in my opinion) dreadful song: What the hell is an "Um-ber-ella ella ella"?

danitiwa
23-07-07, 19:30
that song is so overrated... TEENAGERS SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE! :mad: I mean, has any one noticed that every song that has ever been nr 1 on the charts has been related to either sex or love. :hea: I am so tired of that crap.

Bonez
23-07-07, 19:32
Avril Lavigne, When You're Gone should be no. 1! :p

I quite like Umbrella. :)

Tomb Raider 5194
23-07-07, 19:34
Great for Rihanna, the song is quite sticky. :pi: :D

Though I must admit that I thought the song's lyrics had no meaning until earlier, that I understood what is supposed to be the meaning of the song. XD

touchmyheart
23-07-07, 19:36
I used to hate this song. But its been blaring in my ears for so many weeks now that I actually like it. I saw her in concert last year, she was amazing. Miles better than the Pussy Cat Dolls (whom she was supporting) :D

scion05
23-07-07, 19:43
Awful song :yik:

maximum_123
23-07-07, 20:04
Ok! This is the WORST song I have ever heard. I hate it!

Lenochka
23-07-07, 20:08
Ha :D proof to all that say umbrella sucks, when really... it really dosn't so much. Songs don't stay at No. 1 for 10 weeks for nothing.

Ick the chris brown remix is annoying, How unoriginal >.<

Anyways expect a cover from me and myra sometime in the future :vlol: were currently working on it xD

TombRaiderLover
23-07-07, 20:43
Crap song! :)

erosan
23-07-07, 21:00
i dont like rihanna, but the song is quite nice ^_^

clairelovestlc
23-07-07, 21:16
I HATE this song! Can someone remix it as " under my sun brolly" and maybe it will stop blooming raining!

MrBear
23-07-07, 21:32
I do have to ask this, it has been puzzling me for some time since I was forced to listen to this (in my opinion) dreadful song: What the hell is an "Um-ber-ella ella ella"?

haha, I've wondered the same thing :p

no seriously, I really don't like this song, but then again, I don't like much of what is apparently 'hip' ... like that Basshunter guy, yuck... hope none of you knows of him!

but anyways, congratulations to her :)

Mad Tony
23-07-07, 22:06
Why is it the most awful songs always stay number 1 for longest in the UK? All the good ones barely manage to stay two weeks. I swear these charts are fixed.

DREWY
23-07-07, 22:12

Amen to that. Did you hear that *click* ? That was the radio going off again!
If it sucked any more it would be renamed a black hole.

FullmetalEd
23-07-07, 22:21
Wow, song was absolutely. . . I'll jsut say I haven't heard a song in the past 5 years that can even hold a candle to "Umbrella". I honestly didn't expect much when I heard the Jay Z intro, and I expected nothing when I saw Riahhna (can't remember how to spell her name!) in the reivieling "clothing" if that's what you can call it.

But then I actually heard the saong, the the totally different intro, W-O-W:o

Her hair, when it was straight and in her face, that was the coolest haircut I have ever seen, I wish I could do that with mine! Why did she change it in the commentary at the end? It was curly and stupid :p

I loved the "sparks falling as rain" at the end, the dancing there was very well put together as well.

MrBear
23-07-07, 22:21
Why is it the most awful songs always stay number 1 for longest in the UK? All the good ones barely manage to stay two weeks. I swear these charts are fixed.

Yeah, it's one big conspiracy! :p ah, joking.. probably should get some sleep..

FullmetalEd
23-07-07, 22:33

Amen to that. Did you hear that *click* ? That was the radio going off again!
If it sucked any more it would be renamed a black hole.

Yeah, it's one big conspiracy! :p ah, joking.. probably should get some sleep..

Hmmm, it seems once again my opinion is totally different then everyone else's. . . . .:ton: XDD J/K

tr_mitch
23-07-07, 22:37
Hmmm, it seems once again my opinion is totally different then everyone else's. . . . .:ton: XDD J/K

Hardly, otherwise why would it of been at No.1 for the past 10 weeks.;)

DREWY
23-07-07, 22:43
Hardly, otherwise why would it of been at No.1 for the past 10 weeks.;)

Apparently her mother is looking for a new storage facility to put them all :whi:

Lew
23-07-07, 22:47

I agree. You can be my Cinderella ella ella eh eh eh.

FullmetalEd
23-07-07, 22:51
Apparently her mother is looking for a new storage facility to put them all :whi:

:vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::v lol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlol::vlo l:

Aurimas
23-07-07, 22:53

b0bb13
23-07-07, 22:54
I love this song.It deserves to be No.1 for ever ever ever eh eh eh:p
cough (http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q24/b0bb13/capture_24072007_015054.jpg):pi:

Andariel
24-07-07, 00:43
i don't care for media *****s with their meaningless rhyming and flashy music videos. lolz.

Legends
24-07-07, 00:46
That is great!

Jack Croft
24-07-07, 08:15
It's actually not that bad! :)

frostfur452
24-07-07, 10:13

I love the remix too.

It has also been rainin a fair bit here recently.

Marija_Croft
24-07-07, 10:16
I generally hate Rihanna,but I like this song.If most people like this song,what can we do then.(I would put Evanescence's "Cloud Nine"on first place,if you ask me:p)

tr.fan
24-07-07, 10:27
Goes to ur nerves

Nemo_91
24-07-07, 10:30
This song annoys me so much.

Jacob x5
24-07-07, 10:30
It's an awful song. I can believe that something that crap could get to number 1 these days, but for 10 weeks? It really is dreadful.

remote91
24-07-07, 13:28
GOD that goes to ur nerves

I love sweet sacrifice form evanescence

You poor sweet inncoent thing
dry ur eyes and testify
i know u live to break me dont deny
im ur SACRIFICE

agreed 100%

Dark Lugia 2
24-07-07, 13:30
The remix with Lil Mama is AWFULL :eek: (I prefer the chris brown one ^_^ )
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xYlh3hFLx40
(does'nt know how to embed video's >.< )
It seems that every singer is trying to get a chance to say umbrella-ella :p hopefully I'll be able to pick up her new album when i go to town on friday :jmp:

remote91
24-07-07, 13:37
It seems that every singer is trying to get a chance to say umbrella-ella :p hopefully I'll be able to pick up her new album when i go to town on friday :jmp:

Excuse me while I go vomit. Lil Mama is just disgusting.

Dark Lugia 2
24-07-07, 13:45
^ :vlol: Wise words :mis: people can get into the music buisness nowadays just by speaking so fast that you cant hear the properly.. :|

SoulReaver74
24-07-07, 14:06
I think this girl maybe on course to smash Wet Wet Wet an Bryan Adam's chart topping success combined, shudder the thought. :(

Lenochka
24-07-07, 19:00

Woooo! i love lil mama, her lip gloss is cool, her lip gloss be poppin :3
Certainly alot better then Chris Browns version X.X I literally almost cried when i heard he wanted to do a remix >.< Why must he ruin something so grand :(

jamieoliver22
24-07-07, 19:13
I hate that song so much... It's the most annoying and irritating song ever!

4 8 15 16 23 42
24-07-07, 19:55
Probably I am the one who hates this song and this music style.

No - I hate it too (and I hardly know anyone who likes the same type of music I do cos they like this kind of music that I can't stand).

I hated this song ten weeks ago - and hate it even more now! Grr! Apparently Kate Nash came really close to number one a few weeks back, with something like 100 singles bought/downloads between them.

MeowMix07
24-07-07, 19:56
My favorite part is the part before the ella-ella-ella. From "When there's sunshine we'll shine together, told you I'd be here forever, said I'd always be a friend, took an oath, Imma stick it out til the end".

The song is okay, although I think the ella-ella-ella-ey-ey-ey part could've used a bit more... something. She sounds like a scratched record, and it sounds like she couldn't come up with anything else. Her voice sounds like she's straining at parts but I like the beat. Jay-Z's intro is off beat, but I like him better in Beyonce's songs.

As far as Lil' Mama's remix, I like her better than, say, Ashley Tisdale and 50 Cent, but I don't think she was right for this song. It sounds odd and the part where she tries to sing ella-ella-ella under my umbrella (make that, um-brel-ella) sounds morbid. I do like her in the Girlfriend remix with Avril Lavigne, though, and her Lip Gloss song is fun.

And as for Chris Brown... I can't hate him (and I don't) because 1. He's very talented and 2. I'm mixed race just as he is, but I really don't see what Cinderella has to do with Umbrella. "You can be my cinderella while its raining outside and i use your um-brel-alla-ella-ella". Anyways, I think he actually sings better than Rihanna. His looks don't hurt him either. I like his other songs better but he's 'okay' in this one.

All in all, these people are richer than I am, so even though some of their songs might be all about Lip Gloss and Deja Vu, I can't really complain. I like their songs and I probably will continue to.

Good for Rihanna as well. It was her turn to be in the spotlight, just as Justin Timberlake with SexyBack, and Nelly Furtado with Promiscuous. (There's been a BUNCH more but that's all I can think of).

chrismcalees
24-07-07, 20:20
I hate that song so much... It's the most annoying and irritating song ever!

It's worse than the dreaded (do I dare say it?) Crazy Frog. DIE DIE DIE!!!! Why are people still buying it? I think Rihanna is buying them herself now. There can't be anyone left who wants to buy it that hasn't already.

AmericanAssassin
24-07-07, 20:51
Lol... I hate that song. Her past songs were loads better. :p

Dark Lugia 2
24-07-07, 21:03
Woooo! i love lil mama, her lip gloss is cool, her lip gloss be poppin :3
Certainly alot better then Chris Browns version X.X I literally almost cried when i heard he wanted to do a remix >.< Why must he ruin something so grand :(

Oooh she did lip gloss? :eek: (never looks at artists XD) that song was so COOL :D (and cute :p ) i mena err, poppin'! :D
Lol lil' mama does alot of remixes does'nt she? :p she did one with Avril did'nt she? atleast she remixed that one nicely. :D

Lenochka
24-07-07, 23:01
Oooh she did lip gloss? :eek: (never looks at artists XD) that song was so COOL :D (and cute :p ) i mena err, poppin'! :D
Lol lil' mama does alot of remixes does'nt she? :p she did one with Avril did'nt she? atleast she remixed that one nicely. :D

Yeah lil mama has been poppin(:p) into the radar a bit more. She has been doing remixes for alot of big songs at the moment, it seems like she is all over the place.

Lara Croft!
24-07-07, 23:20
Very nice song! I'm listening to it right now...

xBoricua
25-07-07, 00:42

I LOVE the remix 398473209874 better than the regular version, I totally agree with you!

ivannnnn
25-07-07, 07:17
I love this song!!

Umbrella,ella,ella,ella,e,e,e :D

Rivendell
25-07-07, 08:27
:vlol: She's launching her own brand of umbrellas! :vlol:

Nothing wakes you up in the morning quite like a good laugh :D

Lenochka
25-07-07, 08:35
:vlol: She's launching her own brand of umbrellas! :vlol:

Nothing wakes you up in the morning quite like a good laugh :D

What a splendid idea after such an achievement :3
Rather silly, but i will buy a Rihanna umbrella! In fact earlier today as i was listening to it i was wondering if umbrella sails have gone up since the songs release xD and if people would buy Rihanna umbrellas if they were actually out there xD Rather crazy :S

Dark Lugia 2
25-07-07, 08:38
LOL umbrella sales probably have, i've seen them at school alot and everyone had one including me :vlol: it's funny taking the mic. :P

tomblover
25-07-07, 09:00
*Pukes all over computer screen*

*Awkward silence*

*Wipes puke off screen*

Sorry, just expressed my love for Rihanna. :hug: Hate the damn wannabe.