PDA

View Full Version : Being ripped off on ebay... for the 3RD time!

MelikeLara
23-07-07, 22:43
im absolutely fed up of being :cen: ripped off on ebay!

the first two times around were for my psp, i had two seperate buyers 'buy it now' then want to have it sent to nigeria, i finnaly had my seller fees credited to my account about a month later!

this time round i was aware of the scammers and put 'will only post within the u.k' on my item description for my walkman phone, next thing i know is a person claiming to live in the u.k wanting to send it to his wife in nigeria has clicked 'buy it now', costing me neraly 5 in seller fees! im in progress of sorting it out, but i just don't need this sort of hassle.

has anyone else encountered such problems?

calico25
23-07-07, 22:45
welcome to pains of ebay today. The same thing has happened to me before. I have even had a guy contact me on youtube and wanted me to buy stuff for him and ship it to him in nigeria :|

FullmetalEd
23-07-07, 22:57
I find it obnixiously strange and comically funny that all of the ebay offenders are people from Nigeria, of all places? It's not a very big country!

But I've bought (not sold, so I know it's a bit different) things off of ebay over 30 times, from people all over the world (mostly Japan), and I haven't ever had a single problem. I must be lucky or something XP

BtoFu
23-07-07, 22:59
I've never had a lick of bother in over 200 purchases either. If anything on the page reads iffy, it probably is and that's your cue to search elsewhere.

MelikeLara
24-07-07, 00:35
well when you purchase something, its easier to make sure the seller is genuine, but when they just buy straight away you can't. the member is now no longer registered, hmm i wonder why lol? i was able to claim my final value fee back so i suppose thats something

FullmetalEd
24-07-07, 00:42
well when you purchase something, its easier to make sure the seller is genuine, but when they just buy straight away you can't. the member is now no longer registered, hmm i wonder why lol? i was able to claim my final value fee back so i suppose thats something

Wait a minute, it sounds like you are saying you shipped the psp before you recieved payment?

The seller's I've dealt with allways have it posted on the bid page "Seller must recieve payment in 3 days or transaction will be cancled and negative feedback will be left"
Maybe try that next time:hug:

viper456
24-07-07, 01:08
My friends boyfriend stupidly sent his psp and 8 games to Nigeria before he got a payment. I still cant believe him. Obviously he didn't receive any payment.

Andariel
24-07-07, 01:10
ebay & nigeria = fail

i only buy from genuine retailers.

tlr online
24-07-07, 01:43
Yup. I totally sympathise. Same thing happened with my mobile phone, then ebay chased me for the fees after three fraudulent attempts to purchase the phone by Nigerians.

So I told them to **** off and closed my account. Totally feel for you dude. :(

And I'm sorry to say that nearly all of the BOTS who sign up here have African IP addresses. All this is really giving folk who don't deserve it a bad name.

MelikeLara
24-07-07, 11:10
thanks TLR, i didn't send my psp. im not that silly lol! the person keeps sending me spoof emails now about my account being closed if i don't send the item etc. its so stupid because they are ruining ebay

interstellardave
24-07-07, 11:14
LOL... (not at you, T.C.)... I was just thinking that Nigeria is where I keep getting those "help me recover the family inheritance (or whatever)" emails!

Ah, those wacky Nigerians... :cln: