PDA

View Full Version : Summer...

walk_man
24-07-07, 13:38
Summer...a time when your friends let you down, feel like you have no friends, go out maybe once or twice a week maybe, not get invited out unless you hint and feel bad about your life and want things to move faster. Joy. Sorry, express your feelings about Summer in here.

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 13:43
What I like about summer:

The warm weather
Beautifull finnish summer scenery
Swimming

What I hate about summer:

The hot and humid weather
24/7 sunlight
Being alone as all my friends are out somewhere and constantly forget about me unless I talk to them in msn

-_-

walk_man
24-07-07, 13:53
^ Thats how I feel. I can't wait to go college or something and meet real friends. I just can't be bothered with this, I dunno what the feeling is, like a sort of lump in my throat but I don't feel like crying. Its weird, sort of jealous but what of ? And then I come here and I feel lonely again.

Dark Lugia 2
24-07-07, 13:57
MiCki said it all. :p it's so true aswell, we wanted sun but now we got too much of it.. .__.

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 14:03
^ Thats how I feel. I can't wait to go college or something and meet real friends. I just can't be bothered with this, I dunno what the feeling is, like a sort of lump in my throat but I don't feel like crying. Its weird, sort of jealous but what of ? And then I come here and I feel lonely again.

I still have 3 weeks of vacation left. And I personally can't wait to get back to school to meet real friends as you said. It sucks to be alone but I think I know what you mean about jealosy. It's hard to explain =/

walk_man
24-07-07, 14:05
Ye, 3 weeks ? I have about 5 ! So long ! I really don't want to live and just skip these 5 weeks, holidays suck !

Nemo_91
24-07-07, 14:07
I hate everything about summer. >_> I'm so bored. And I still have 1 month ..

Hyper_Crazy
24-07-07, 14:08
Ye, 3 weeks ? I have about 5 ! So long ! I really don't want to live and just skip these 5 weeks, holidays suck !

I still have 7 weeks. >_<

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 14:09

I've been out of school since april 2nd :p And yeah.. they do =/ That's why I travel alot during summer. But it get's boring and tiring aswell. Just got back home :pi:

GodOfLight
24-07-07, 14:10
I love everything about summer vacation :) the rest, the heat, the beauty, the solitude.

Dakaruch
24-07-07, 14:10
Summer...a time when your friends let you down, feel like you have no friends, go out maybe once or twice a week maybe, not get invited out unless you hint and feel bad about your life and want things to move faster. Joy. Sorry, express your feelings about Summer in here.

couldn't agree more!!! my friends forget about me in summer:( and i feel very lonely, the only people with i talk is you guys from trf...

walk_man
24-07-07, 14:13
Yeh, or if I text or talk to them on MSN or BEBO they completely forget about me. I feel like I haven't got a life and get really nervous almost every day about going out, thats why I go out with as many people as possible. Tho, sometimes I do like staying in, but I feel so lonely. I wish everyone that leaves me out knows about how I feel, then maybe they would invite me out.

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 14:17
Yeh, or if I text or talk to them on MSN or BEBO they completely forget about me. I feel like I haven't got a life and get really nervous almost every day about going out, thats why I go out with as many people as possible. Tho, sometimes I do like staying in, but I feel so lonely. I wish everyone that leaves me out knows about how I feel, then maybe they would invite me out.
I feel that way! heh.. I don't know why I don't like going out that much alone. Insecure?

My friends know how I feel.. and they don't give a damn =| Well.. most of them. My two best friends go out with me most of the time but sadly both of them are away. One is in the army and one is with his GF in south finland.. soo. I've got nothing else to do than chat here in TRF.

walk_man
24-07-07, 14:20
Yeh, I have 2 best friends. We have a group of 8 people. 1 hates me, but the group likes her better so they invite her out than me, then 1 of them moved away, the one that made the effort to go out with me and the others just don't bother. Oh well, I just keep thinking I'll have true friends 1 day but I can't really see that happening.

Summer sucks badly ! :cen::mad::hea:

RAID
24-07-07, 14:21
What I like about Summer:
Late sunset

What I hate about Summer:
Everything else.

It's one heat wave after the other here. Can't wait for January, bone chilling cold, rain :D I love cold. Winter is everything for me.

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 14:23
Yeh, I have 2 best friends. We have a group of 8 people. 1 hates me, but the group likes her better so they invite her out than me, then 1 of them moved away, the one that made the effort to go out with me and the others just don't bother. Oh well, I just keep thinking I'll have true friends 1 day but I can't really see that happening.

Summer sucks badly ! :cen::mad::hea:

Ouch =/ Being rejected is something I'm used to.. Don't worry. Friends come and go. And you can always chat here! Most of the people are really understanding here.. that's why I love this place so much :) Best damn forum ever.

But I get that this doesn't replace real life friends. Nothing in the internet can't replace that.. or unless you make new friends here and eventually meet up. :p

Dakaruch
24-07-07, 14:26

it's the exact same thing with me, and then i start thinking on that and i simply want to beat on them all :(
i really get ****ed up with that

Ada the Mental
24-07-07, 14:27
What I love about summer:
* Holidays! Relaxation! Going to bed whenever I feel like and waking up whenever I feel like.
* Days last longer.
* Sea!I love going swimming!:jmp:
* Wearing summer clothes.

What I absolutely hate:
* The hot weather.Can't stand it.
*The boredom and the loneliness.

viper456
24-07-07, 14:28
I love summer, shame the weather here is rubbish this year :@ I want to go down to the beach with my friends and have a BBQ and stuff! Grr

myrmaad
24-07-07, 14:30
What I love about Summer:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/PostCard-1.jpg

All photos taken by me and my husband, design by me.

viper456
24-07-07, 14:31
^^ see that just makes me jealous! lol Looks amazing

Tomb Raider Master
24-07-07, 14:31
Summer - nothing but thumbs up for me. Holidays, hot weather, beaches, going out 'till morning, travelling... :jmp:

Sedge
24-07-07, 14:34
Summer is definitely not my favourite season of the year, simply because of the weather. I HATE the heat, I almost never go out. Like once in a week, if that. >_< Only good thing about it is freedom because of the vacations, but.. well.. I'm too lazy to do anything, so the days are mainly boring(I'd probably die if there wasn't Internet.. and books. :pi:). Whatever it is, if you get too much of it you get fed up with it. That's what vacations are, really. Especially when you're naturally passive and lazy. I don't understand people who are always on about something and going out and being at beach and such, couldn't care less. :p

Autumn is the best season, although the schools will start and there's more work to do and some stress involved at times, but.. I don't know, maybe it's better when you have something to do. And the weather is fine, a slightly cool air fits me fine. Also dry leaves and the sound they make when you walk on them at streets, ah! A small and weird detail, but it always brightens me up. :D

I'm a bit scared of the start of upper secondary school, but at the same time it makes me all excited because of SOME sorta action happening.. I hope the school has a positive effect on me, it's been a bit gloomy lately. O_

Actually :gay: a bit more after saying all that. :jmp:

Mad Tony
24-07-07, 14:35
I have mixed feelings about summer.

The things I like about summer are:

My birthday is in the summer (today in actual fact :D)
We get a long break from school
My brother normally gets leave from the navy
SOME nice weatherThe things I don't like about summer are:

As I have found out, summers in this country are usually scorching hot heat waves or complete total rain for three months
I get bad hay fever

Sedge
24-07-07, 14:38
My birthday is in the summer (today in actual fact :D)

Ooh, happy birthday then Ben! :D

Greenkey2
24-07-07, 14:38
What summer? :(

Oh wow, the sun's actually come out where I am... I can see BLUE sky!? :eek:
Sorry for the cynical note but it's been a lousy summer in terms of weather thus far here in England.

Apart from that, I mostly love the natural world in summertime; seeing everything green and growing :D

walk_man
24-07-07, 14:39
My birthday is in the summer, today in actual fact :D

Happy Birthday !

petujaymz
24-07-07, 14:42
24/7 sunlight

That would drive me nuts to be honest.

My brother lives in Norway - dunno how he copes with it.

:wve:

Mad Tony
24-07-07, 14:45
Happy Birthday !

Ooh, happy birthday then Ben! :D

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 14:49

Window shades. xD Seriously. It helps alot to have them but it's hard to tell when the night starts since the sun doesn't really go down. Stays right above the horizon and then gets back up. Most of the time I've noticed that it's sunny and I thought it would be something like 9 or 10 pm.. but noticed later that it's 3 am. <_<

jarhead
24-07-07, 14:50
I love summer. We havn't had that much rain, and although its not hot weather, its liveable. I just enjoy the fact that everyones happy, especially after winter ( this is seen much more in schools then on streets)

Aurimas
24-07-07, 14:51

ThomasCroft
24-07-07, 14:57
Wow, I feel exactly the same walk man ... strange; I thought it was only me that had these feelings!!

Sedge
24-07-07, 15:14

Window shades. xD Seriously. It helps alot to have them but it's hard to tell when the night starts since the sun doesn't really go down. Stays right above the horizon and then gets back up. Most of the time I've noticed that it's sunny and I thought it would be something like 9 or 10 pm.. but noticed later that it's 3 am. <_<

Well well, it depends on where you live(In Finland, the border of nightless night was somewhere near Rovaniemi, right? O_o Ah, Mika knows. :p). Never gets completely dark here at the southern(middle with me actually :p) part of the country(I guess it's same in Norway, but where exactly does your brother live petujaymz? North, south? (oh and I've always loved the way you include that smilie at the end of every single post you make, priceless! :D)), but it sure does get darker for a couple of hours. Then it's only mildly dark, then dim, and then the sun comes up again. Uh, naturally. :vlol: But yay, if he lives in Oslo or somewhere around that shouldn't be a problem.

myrmaad
24-07-07, 15:21
Mad Tony,

Today is my niece's, and my best friend's birthday also.
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/tombbday.jpg

FullmetalEd
24-07-07, 15:47

I don't mean to be the "bad news bringer", but that's exactly what I thought about "college" and "real friends".

I started my first term in college last January. I met nice people, but as I got to know them, I realized that they are just like high schoolers; they're still just human.

My "best friend", would innterupt me mid sentence, I would say "I was talking!" and he would look right in my face and say "I wasn't listening". He wasn't even mean about it, he was just that oblivious of how cold and rude he was being. And he was 21!

You sound a little like me when I read your posts. I haven't even had a friend over for a birthday since I was 12, I just don't have them.

A lot of times, if a person, I'll use myself as an example, has very unique tastes, doesn't care for a lot of mainstream music, games, or anything else, . That makes me a very neat person, but also makes it very hard for me to find friends. Is it the same for you?:hug:

tr_mitch
24-07-07, 16:37
My summer has been the best so far, don't think i've stayed in one weekend since it started.... yeah sure the weather sucks, but half the time I'm inside working anyway. :D

walk_man
24-07-07, 16:52
I don't mean to be the "bad news bringer", but that's exactly what I thought about "college" and "real friends".

I started my first term in college last January. I met nice people, but as I got to know them, I realized that they are just like high schoolers; they're still just human.

My "best friend", would innterupt me mid sentence, I would say "I was talking!" and he would look right in my face and say "I wasn't listening". He wasn't even mean about it, he was just that oblivious of how cold and rude he was being. And he was 21!

You sound a little like me when I read your posts. I haven't even had a friend over for a birthday since I was 12, I just don't have them.

A lot of times, if a person, I'll use myself as an example, has very unique tastes, doesn't care for a lot of mainstream music, games, or anything else, . That makes me a very neat person, but also makes it very hard for me to find friends. Is it the same for you?:hug:

No I have friends, loads of them. But they don't make the effort. Everyone has there best BEST friend where as I haven't got 1. Its soo hard, but I can't wait to find a few people that I can hang out with and just be friends with. I can't handle it being like this. I'm going to a friends for a week tomorrow but what after that ? Trying and trying and then what ? Something I'm not looking forward too...

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 16:55
No I have friends, loads of them. But they don't make the effort. Everyone has there best BEST friend where as I haven't got 1. Its soo hard, but I can't wait to find a few people that I can hang out with and just be friends with. I can't handle it being like this. I'm going to a friends for a week tomorrow but what after that ? Trying and trying and then what ? Something I'm not looking forward too...

You mean making friends or just being around friends is hard? For me it's both. I didn't have real friends for over 4 years until this year. But most of them don't really go out and just stay in and chat.. and just randomnly forget about me when they go out (yay! <_<)

walk_man
24-07-07, 16:58
You mean making friends or just being around friends is hard? For me it's both. I didn't have real friends for over 4 years until this year. But most of them don't really go out and just stay in and chat.. and just randomnly forget about me when they go out (yay! <_<)

No, I have many friends but having so many means that not all of them will invite you out when they go out, basically all of them go out without me unless I contact them.

MiCkiZ88
24-07-07, 17:04
I see.. meh. Can you really call them friends if they hardly ever want to go out with you? :confused: The ''friends'' I have, do go out sometimes with me. Usually at 2 am when they are drunk -_-. I'd just call them chat buddies. Not ''real'' friends. But then again what makes a real friend?

Reggie
24-07-07, 17:27
But then again what makes a real friend?

True" Friendship None of that Sissy Crap

Are you tired of those sissy "friendship" poems that always sound good

But never actually come close to reality? Well, here is a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship. You will see no cutesy little smiley faces on this card- Just the stone cold truth of our great friendship.

1. When you are sad -- I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against The sorry ******* who made you sad.
2. When you are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.
3. When you smile -- I will know you finally got laid.
4. When you are scared -- I will rag on you about it every chance I get.
5. When you are worried -- I will tell you horrible stories about how much Worse it could be until you quit whining.
6. When you are confused -- I will use little words.
7. When you are sick -- Stay the hell away from me until you are well Again. I don't want whatever you have.
8. When you fall -- I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.
9. This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. "Why?" you may ask; "because you are my friend". Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth.

Got it from a friend the other day. :D

maximum_123
24-07-07, 17:29
Things I like :

Getting a Tan :p
Shopping
Time off school
Miami for Summer :yah:

Things I hate:

Temperatures of 40-50 degrees in Miami
Won't be able to see friends
Friends forget me anyway.

Sedge
24-07-07, 17:32
Friendship is like peeing your pants,
everyone can see it,
But only you can feel the true warmth.
I have to use that someday! :vlol: Aww, true.. :p

walk_man
24-07-07, 17:40
Wow, weird that so many people feel the same as me. And there all on the same forum and into the same things as me and eachother as well. Scary...I would love to go to Miami for summer, your soo lucky.