PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones and Optical Mice.

Henhead
24-07-07, 15:05
Just noticed something that I have never seen before. :yik:

I just sent a text message of my mobile, while it was on my desk right next to my mouse. While it was sending the screen on my pc started to scroll up and down sharply, like someone was rolling the scroll wheel. It also happens when making calls, just tried it by phoning up the last caller service.

Anyone else noticed that?

CroftScionGuard
24-07-07, 15:15
Of course, It's the waves of interference...., and if you try near a tv the same happens, and this does not affct the image only but also the sound

irjudd
24-07-07, 15:57
I would think only wireless mice would be susceptible to such frequencies.

Henhead
24-07-07, 16:13
No its a wired optical mouse.

I realise mobile phones give off interference to TV's and the such, including radio and speakers (clicking noise).

I would of thought it would of interfered the the cursor (i.e. the infra-red part of the mouse) not the scroll wheel.

How dare my phone posses my mouse like that :D

Tomb Raider Master
24-07-07, 16:14
It knows to happen to me sometimes, although much more often on a TV or a radio.

Jacob x5
24-07-07, 16:24
No its a wired optical mouse.

I realise mobile phones give off interference to TV's and the such, including radio and speakers (clicking noise).

I would of thought it would of interfered the the cursor (i.e. the infra-red part of the mouse) not the scroll wheel.

How dare my phone posses my mouse like that :D

You can actually use the infra-red beam (or mouse ball) to scroll aswell, so it could happen.