PDA

View Full Version : What can we do to entertain ourselves until TR8

trXD
26-07-07, 08:41
Im really bored right now! i just finished the last tomb raider anniversery time trial and i need something to entertain me! So i thought of making this thread so we can all put our ideas here about what we should do until TR8 is released (mid 2008). And im talking about doing stuff to do with tomb raider not stuff like "Learn how to play the piano" or "learn how to drive".

The only one's i have come up with so far is:

-create custom levels
-Maybe have a custom level competition here on the tomb raider forums?

tranniversary119
26-07-07, 11:37
- Go back replay every game beating it with just pistols.

The only thing i could think of..

FomarThain
26-07-07, 12:08
...create custom levels...Maybe have a custom level competition here on the tomb raider forums?

You mean drawing them?

trXD
26-07-07, 14:47
You mean drawing them?

No i mean actually make tomb raider levels for a competition using the level editor

Rivendell
26-07-07, 15:09
I'll put this in Gen chat - it'll probably get a lot more replies there :tmb:

petujaymz
26-07-07, 15:11
Now that the TRL/TRA engine is dead, couldn't CD release a level editor to keep us quiet?

:wve:

LaraCablara
26-07-07, 15:38
Now that the TRL/TRA engine is dead, couldn't CD release a level editor to keep us quiet?

No :whi: To build levels using it you need programs that probably cost a lot of money :(.

trXD
26-07-07, 17:01
I'll put this in Gen chat - it'll probably get a lot more replies there :tmb:

Thanks

tomblover
26-07-07, 17:03
Either CD and Eido$ are good boys and release a TRA/L LE, and we live happily until TR8, or we can boycott CD and get an LE the illegal way. :vlol:

Tomb Raider Master
26-07-07, 17:10
I live my life.

Legends
26-07-07, 17:15
I think I'll be fine.

jjbennett
26-07-07, 17:31
What can i do, play other games maybe...

And once again Tomb Raider Master (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=14938) has the best avatar. :)

ashnar
26-07-07, 17:45
I draw, write, read....I am really patient. The only time I get really excited about a game I'm waiting for is a few weeks before the release date.:D

Kerrigan
26-07-07, 17:56
Tomb Raider-related entertaining things? In that case, I play custom levels.

Ada the Mental
26-07-07, 18:02
I'm not fussed really. I mean, I haven't even played TRA yet, because my stupid PS2 sort of died.:hea:

Try replaying all the previous games, play some other game or get a hobby...

maximum_123
26-07-07, 18:42
I'll just quietly draw, and read the Harry Potter Series =D =O

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-07-07, 19:00
What can we do to entertain ourselves until TR8

umm... maybe have a life outside of TR. It's possible you know... I think. :p

ThomasCroft
26-07-07, 19:09
We can read books!!!! :D:D:D:D

trXD
26-07-07, 19:26
umm... maybe have a life outside of TR. It's possible you know... I think. :p

I mean how can we feed our passion to play new TR when the old ones are getting boring after replaying them. It sounds weird when i say it.

touchmyheart
26-07-07, 19:31
Well I suppose in the mean time we can just speculate what new elements TR8 will have and what kind of game it might turn out to be. Thats always fun :D

Tomb Raider Master
26-07-07, 20:05
And once again Tomb Raider Master (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/member.php?u=14938) has the best avatar. :)
LOL, thanks... once again. :D

MeowMix07
26-07-07, 20:11
I bought the Game of the Year Edition of Dreamfall so I could play The Longest Journey (now I own two copies of Dreamfall but whatever). I finished it in about 3 days, now I'm going back and replaying Dreamfall to get a fuller understanding of everything again (even though I've already finished it). It's a really cool game, even though its short.

Plus that Faith girl or whatever reminds me of The Ring and scares the crap outta me. Her story is sad but... really... the fact that she stands around rocking back and forth holding a teddy bear repeating the same sentence over and over like a broken record and jumping in on TV static does NOT make it any better (I'm paranoid about TV static now).

And probably no one evens knows what I'm talking about. :p

Aside from that I'm going to Hollywood next week. That should be fun.

Angel_14
26-07-07, 20:17
Hmmm... My ideas:
- Start tons of popularity contests in Gen chat, including the "who has got the most original/funniest/fitting avatar/signature" thread. We haven't had one in months :p

- Mod clothes from Anniversary

- Make a lot of drawings

As for me, I'm going to play with PoP trilogy and draw a lot. :P

Duchess
26-07-07, 20:24
You could:

1. Edit screenshots
2. Replay all the Tomb Raider games, but limiting on what you may do
3. Create fan-videos
4. Create fan-art
5. Repeatedly have Lara die
6. Watch a bunch of Tomb Raider videos on YouTube

That's all I can think of for now.

Jacob x5
26-07-07, 21:12
Bloody hell. Anniversary came and went, didn't it?

Angelus
26-07-07, 21:24
TR 8? Wow... I haven't even thought of it, to be honest. I guess that works! :D

Quasimodo
26-07-07, 21:28
@ Jacob- yeah, it sure did! Games don't seem to last as long as they used to. Until TR8, there's always fan works and other video games, and, oh yeah, life ;)

Shark_Blade
26-07-07, 21:34
The title is so sad. Don't you have better things to do with life?

trXD
26-07-07, 21:56
The title is so sad. Don't you have better things to do with life?

Of course I do you pineapple (I love saying that) im just getting a bit tomb raider starved.