PDA

View Full Version : Supernatural Phenomena? Believe it or Not?

Indiana Croft
26-07-07, 17:28
Who else here believes in supernatural things? I for one do 100%. I find Phenomena like this just...under rational study. Like half the world didn't believe in the giant squid until they took away some calamari from the thing. lol. Just because it isn't YET proven doesn't make it impossible. Just slightly improbable.

Agent 47
26-07-07, 17:49
i'll go with it until proven either way

i will also publicly state that i believe in extraterrestrial life.....why??

the universe is huge,as such it's very unlikely we are the only beings out there :D

strange phenomenon is quite intriguing really

Geck-o-Lizard
26-07-07, 17:56
Supernatural? No. There are many things we can't yet explain, but they're not magic or other-worldly, IMO.

interstellardave
26-07-07, 18:14
Supernatural? No. There are many things we can't yet explain, but they're not magic or other-worldly, IMO.

That is my take on it as well... anything "supernatural" is merely something that doesn't yet fit in to our neat and tidy notion of what is "natural".

Andromeda66
27-07-07, 05:52
And what IS natural?

As for the question, I agree with Agent 47.
There must at least be microbial life if not more evolved though I doubt that too. I just doubt they'll be green and round with funny antlers and big eyes.

EscondeR
27-07-07, 05:55
No supernatural for me.
If we collect all the things we don't know or understand, it'll be a hudge encyclopedia - doesn't mean it involves supernatural :)

Autolycus
27-07-07, 07:49
Imo i think supernatural phenomena etc is total and utter rubbish. There's a totally logical explanation for everything. Things like this only exist in people's mind's. But this is just my opinion.

Admles
27-07-07, 07:56
Supernatural? Hell no, just things we haven't learned everything about yet!

vespertea
27-07-07, 08:27
I haven't experienced anything supernatural, so I don't really know if I totally believe it or not. I guess when something happens to me, I'll believe it.

pEhouse
27-07-07, 08:29
co-sign.

I also agree with Agent 47`s statement about extraterrestrial life. I don't believe we're the only intelligent form of being out there.. It's too big for that. And who says there ain't somewhere another planet with similar or the same conditions as we have on earth?

EscondeR
27-07-07, 08:32
And who says there ain't somewhere another planet with similar or the same conditions as we have on earth?

BTW, same conditions are not the must to form an intelligent lifeform ;)

BoyTRaider
27-07-07, 10:46
You are very right EscondeR. :wve:

There are other life forms that live in many different conditions than we do.
And yes, I do believe there are other intelligent life forms in other planets around the universe. Why just us?