PDA

View Full Version : What Are Some of the Worst Movies You've Ever Seen?

Duchess
26-07-07, 19:05
What are some of the worst movies you've ever seen? For me they would be:

Dracula: Dead and Loving It
-The humor was horribly flat and some of the acting was quite bad.

Teacher's Pet
-The storyline was very substandard and is more likely to only entertain children rather than the entire family.

Cinderella II: Dreams Come True
-Sequels to classic Disney movies are always bad. Enough has been said.

The Rugrats Movie
-Quite childish and poorly done, like most Nickelodeon movies. This was also the first movie I saw in theaters, but I was only six-years-old.

Chicken Little
-Most animated Disney movies after the 1990's are bad. It was quite childish and seems to aim more towards children than the entire family.

Big Top Pee-Wee

*The fallowing opinion contains spoilers*

-The first Pee-Wee movie was great, but the sequel is horrible. Pee-Wee's personality changes quite a bit and now lives on a farm with a pet pig and is engaged to the local school teacher, who he later cheats on with an acrobat from a traveling circus. Acts of infidelity are inappropriate to be put in a family film.

ThomasCroft
26-07-07, 19:08
Black Christmas (the remake): An absolutely terrible film with almost unbelievably bad acting about some retard-creature-things which kill a family on Christmas day. It's an utterly conventional and unoriginal teen-flick film which creates a new 'low' for horror movies.

Soma Holiday
26-07-07, 19:09
Van Helsing!! I hate this movie. its so stupid and generic. Yuck.

A Scanner Darkley- It looked cool but had no point whatsoever. Really a waste of time.

Ultraviolet- Dumbest movie ever. Which is a shame cause the visuals in the movie are excellent. The story is just really dumb and the characters are aweful.

The Bourne Films- The books are a thousand times better. These movies put them to shame.

Underworld Evolution- This movie isn't that bad, I just love the first one so much that it really dissapointed me and has been added to my hate list.

I've got more...I just can't think of them.

Legends
26-07-07, 19:10
Crossroads!

touchmyheart
26-07-07, 19:10
An American Haunting was really dire imo. Myself and my friends laughed the whole way through, but, you know, its supposesd to be a horror O_o

And yes! Chicken Little was awful! I was so relieved when it was over.

Angel_14
26-07-07, 19:11
"The wild"
- It's like a Madagascar clone. But 1000x times worse. The jokes were unfunny, the plot was a rip-off, the characters looked extremely ugly and they weren't lovable at all. felt like I was watching the dumbed down version of Madagascar.

"Pirates of Caribbean 3: At the world's end"
- Through the 3 hours long movie, I wished that everyone would just die (except Jack Sparrow).

I can't remember if I saw other bad movies, but these were the most "memorable" :p

Soma Holiday
26-07-07, 19:13
I remember one!

Napolean Dynamite- I have never finished this movie in one sitting. It is that bad. Not funny at all, and I like stupid humor. This is unbelievably bad to have gotten such good attention.

Larson_1988
26-07-07, 19:14
House of wax! A totally unnecessary movie.

Alive_and_Funky
26-07-07, 19:15
Batman & Robin
-Cruddy acting, cheap costumes and over the top cheesiness makes this movie horrible. This is probably the worst movie I've ever seen, but I'll list some other pretty bad ones.

Rocky III
-This is what I believe to be the most boring of the Rocky movies. The plot wasn't very good, and the scenes just didn't do anything for me. I didn't even like the training and fight scenes very much.

Rocky IV
-This movie was pretty bland. Best friend gets killed, Rocky seeks revenge. That is pretty much all you get. At least the training and fighting scenes were some of my favourites in the series.
I actually like the Rocky series quite a lot, it's just that two of the movies in the series I really don't like.

The Matrix Reloaded
-Sure, it has some cool action scenes, but the movie drones on way too much.

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
-Just another snore-fest, really.

Dakaruch
26-07-07, 19:16
Crossroads!

couldn't agree more

and matrix revolutions- c'mon everyone dies except for morpheus

Nemo_91

My favourite movie! xDD

Anyway...Cursed was the worst movie i've ever seen. >.>

SparkleCroft07
Maid in Manhatten - I thought it was boring!

touchmyheart
26-07-07, 19:17
I remember one!

Napolean Dynamite- I have never finished this movie in one sitting. It is that bad. Not funny at all, and I like stupid humor. This is unbelievably bad to have gotten such good attention.

:yik: I thought NP was desperatly slow in the beginning but things began to pick up and it's one of my fav's :jmp:

Soma Holiday
26-07-07, 19:18
Batman Begins- Alot of people thought this was a great film. I personally love the old crazy Tim Burton ones, plus this one actually seemed more like a korny comic-book film than the others. But I think Katie Holmes is the worst actress ever, so the nest one may be better since she'll be absent.

Sara Croft
26-07-07, 19:18

What!? The move was awsome! :D

Vampire 3 - The turning
The last and the furoius - tokyo drift
Thats the ones I can think of right now ...

Soma Holiday
26-07-07, 19:19
:yik: I thought NP was desperatly slow in the beginning but things began to pick up and it's one of my fav's :jmp:

See, I love Nacho Libre, and people ask how come I don't love NP...I don't know, it just doesn't seem funny to me. But hey, maybe if I watched it like 20 times. :confused:

Greenkey2
26-07-07, 19:21

That film was a spoof, and intended to be flat and have bad acting etc (it's Mel Brooks, so spoofs are 1st class :D :tmb:)

For me the worst film I ever saw was Dungeons & Dragons. I cannot to this day reconcile that I wasted two hours of my life to that crap. Bad acting? There WAS no acting. Plot? Eh, what's that then?

Honestly, it's a wonder the military don't use this film to sap the will of captives before they're interrogated.

Paperdoll
26-07-07, 19:24
What are some of the worst movies you've ever seen? For me they would be:

Love that movie and its stupidity :D

Anyways for me:

House of Wax, Final Destination, and every other slasher flick out there - I'm sick of them, I only watch them for laughs

Guinea Pig 2: Flower of Flesh and Blood - violence for the sake of violence, that's just about enough fake gore for me.

Tomie - horribly slow, horribly non horrific and nothing like the comic book (which I love). What a piece of ****.

The Grudge 2 - Do I even have to say anything else?

The Wig - god awful movie about a haunted wig that tries to be all dramatic and shocking and just fails miserably. Fell asleep half way through it.

There are many more but those are the ones I can remember.

Alive_and_Funky
26-07-07, 19:26
and matrix revolutions-
What about The Matrix Reloaded? When people complain about a Matrix movie, it's usually the last one. I didn't actually think that The Matrix Revolutions was that bad.
Batman Begins- Alot of people thought this was a great film. I personally love the old crazy Tim Burton ones, plus this one actually seemed more like a korny comic-book film than the others. But I think Katie Holmes is the worst actress ever, so the nest one may be better since she'll be absent.
I didn't find Batman Begins corny at all, I found it to be probably one of the least corny superhero movies which I've ever seen. It actually felt pretty realistic to me, and a hell of a lot like the Batman comics.

Mr.Burns
26-07-07, 19:30
Honestly, it's a wonder the military don't use this film to sap the will of captives before they're interrogated.

:vlol:

Well...

Zardoz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070948/)
The Wiz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078504/)
Toys (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105629/)

And quite possibly one of the most horrific films ever made and would be a good follow up to Jenni's suggestion...

Wavelength (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavelength_%281966_film%29).

Kerrigan
26-07-07, 19:30
The Grudge.The plot and the characters were so weak, it was embarrassing.I wasted two hours of my life watching it.

Rivendell
26-07-07, 19:35
Lots like it, but I despise it:

Battle Royale.
It's an abysmal effort on many levels; poor direction, terrible plot/excuse for gore, music didn't fit the feel of the film at all, generally resulting in a boring film.
I don't think commenting on the acting would be appropriate-I've honestly never seen good acting in Japanese films. Not that I've subjected myself to many though, admittedly!

An all round bad film, for me!

AI
This sums up Spielberg's film:
ZZzzzz *Wakes up* "OH God it's not finished yet!" :(

TombRaiderLover
26-07-07, 19:38
Cheaper by the Dozen (remake):

One of the most boring, slow-paced, unfunny comedies I have ever seen. I literally fell into a thousand day-dreams while watching it, so I can't really recall the plot or anything exciting that happened.

Exorcist II:

Extremely corny, and the plot makes no sense at all. What the hell went on in the script-writer's head?

High School Musical:

One of the most over-rated films of all time. The songs are death to my ears. This film has messed me up so bad that the sight of Zac Efron makes me cringe.

The Grudge (remake):

Made no sense and was very dull and boring for me.

The Matrix Revolutions:

What is it with films that make no sense at all and are boring as hell? Is it like a recent trend?

Duchess
26-07-07, 19:40
That film was a spoof, and intended to be flat and have bad acting etc (it's Mel Brooks, so spoofs are 1st class :D :tmb:)

I know that spoofs are intended to have bad acting, but I found the acting in this movie to be even bad for a spoof. Maybe the reason I dislike it so much is because I find it very inferior to his earlier films, such as "Young Frankenstein" and "The Producers".

touchmyheart
26-07-07, 19:42
High School Musical:

One of the most over-rated films of all time. The songs are death to my ears. This film has messed me up so bad that the sight of Zac Efron makes me cringe.

Hehe same here. But Im still determined to see Hairspray, Zac or no Zac :D

tombraider123
26-07-07, 19:47
A lot of people are mentioning The Grudge - but I loved that film.

I think The House of Wax was a very boring movie. And I recently watched some Horror called Children of the Corn, I think that's what it was called. I nearly fell asleep, glad I didn't watch it all. It was so boring.

pEhouse
26-07-07, 19:49
Well the first movie that popped into my head was

Not another teen movie
Scary Movie (all parts)

I just don't like this sense of "humor".. what the hell is funny about it?

Sara Croft
26-07-07, 19:56
Everything :vlol:

Duchess
26-07-07, 19:57
Well the first movie that popped into my head was

Not another teen movie
Scary Movie (all parts)

I agree with the Scary Movie movies. I've only seen the first one, though. I found the humor to be incredibly unfunny and stupid. However, I did like the part when the girl found Ghost Face behind the couch with a cell phone.

Lenochka
26-07-07, 20:10
The Matrix series - Vastly overrated on so many levels... just plain boring

Star Wars Series - *yawn*

Lord Of The Rings Series - I would rather slit my own wrists then sit through those damn things again >.<

Napoleon Dynamite - Do Not Even Need To Give Reasons Why :whi:

Black Hawk Down - Freakin on every single week, its sooo boring now!

Rickéh
26-07-07, 21:04

Lord Of The Rings Series - I would rather slit my own wrists then sit through those damn things again >.<

Same here. :)

Angelus
26-07-07, 21:26
Vampires: The Lost World.

Now, I've seen a loooooot of films, but this was just one of the worst ones. Ever.

BtoFu
26-07-07, 21:30
Wes Anderson movies (Rushmore, The Life Aquatic etc) are all tosh.

Lost In Translation - would be total cack save for the excellent soundtrack.

Audition - So flat until the last act a puddle could form on it.

Scarface - Pacino's best performance? Nevuuuuur.

Night Watch - A powerhouse of sheer overrated sillyness.

Breathless - It's just not nearly as hip as it thinks it is.

House of Flying Daggers - the worst Wuxia on the planet. Ever.

Requiem For a Dream - Insufferable like having teeth pulled without anesthetic.

Underworld - Black leather clad boredom.

High Tension - I expected so much more from it.

Akira - So much fuss over such dodgy pretense.

2046 - What have you done with Wong Kar Wai?!

North By Northwest - It's all just very very stoopid. :D

Tom Yum Goong - what a turkey and wasted oppurtunity.

star-dust
26-07-07, 21:33
High School Musical:

I couldn't agree more!

Some other movies I thought were terrible:
-Ghost Rider (so corny, I had to leave the room).
-The Upside of Anger
-Princess Diaries 2
-Dead End (or something like that....:confused: DUMMMB)
annnd,
eeee,
there are too many!

tomblover
26-07-07, 21:38
DOA: Dead Or Alive is the worst movie I've seen, and it's really not that bad, still, my cheeks go totally tomato when I'm watching it with someone. :vlol:

Little-Lara
26-07-07, 21:51
Bloodrayne: Sheer waste of time.....gave Rayne a horrible name.
Mission Impossible 1 and 3 Complete waste of time.

AI
This sums up Spielberg's film:
ZZzzzz *Wakes up* "OH God it's not finished yet!" :(

:vlol: I hope u saw the parody on The Simpsons halloween special.

BtoFu I can tell that you have seen lots of movies.

BtoFu
26-07-07, 21:58
BtoFu I can tell that you have seen lots of movies.

Tis my passion. :)

Bonez
26-07-07, 22:11
Star Wars - Its just so boring.

Epic Movie - Crappest most Boringest Unffuniest waste of time and money. EVER.

viper456
26-07-07, 22:30
Star Wars - Its just so boring.

Epic Movie - Crappest most Boringest Unffuniest waste of time and money. EVER.

finally ! someones said it! I agree 100000000% (even though thats impossible) lol

Epic Movie was just the worst film I have EVER EVER EVER seen no buts about it. It failed to entertain on ever level. Ergh it was the worst Ł5 I have EVER spent in my life! I can't express in words just how bad that film really was. I didn't laugh a single time.

ben_the_joka
26-07-07, 22:36

totally agreed, along with most (not all) modern horrors! such as black christmas...

oh, i think vacancy was ok though, until they gave it a real **** ending.

Angelus
26-07-07, 22:39
Rocky I-V: Oh my god, I cannot express how boring these films are.

Scary Movie 4: After the brilliance of Scary Movie 3, they churn out this crap.

Batman & Robin: Nipples on the Batsuit!?

interstellardave
26-07-07, 22:41
Wing Commander... completely dreadful!

Eraserhead... supposedly a great "cult" film, also dreadful.

Donnie Darko... also a highly regarded "cult" film... proof to me that some people can convince themselves that something is good just because they are "supposed" to think it!

DREWY
26-07-07, 22:42

Black Hawk Down - Freakin on every single week, its sooo boring now!

Surely you jest? http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif

For me one word - make that two

MOULAN ROUGE http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/1.gif
The most bum numbing boring over the top pile of dog vomit ever to be 'splashed' onto the screen.
I would rather gouge my eyes out with a teaspoon than watch that again - not that I made it to the end last time.

Angelus
26-07-07, 22:43
Naepolian (sp?) Dynamite: Apparently, it's "so bad it's good", when it's just bad.

-DEBUG
26-07-07, 22:45
Uwe Boll's Crap-tacular movies:

House of the Dead
Alone in the Dark
BloodRayne

:( theres 4 1/2 hours im not getting back :p

Angel666
26-07-07, 22:47
Malibu's Most Wanted.
Star Wars.
Forrest Gump.
I'll think of more later.

EDIT: Oh yeah, ^ Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark were terrible. The latter should have been called In A Brightly Lit Crowd.

soap
27-07-07, 03:40
Any Michael Bay movie...

tr_rocks
27-07-07, 03:58
Malibu's Most Wanted.
Star Wars.
Forrest Gump.
I'll think of more later.

EDIT: Oh yeah, ^ Bloodrayne and Alone in the Dark were terrible. The latter should have been called In A Brightly Lit Crowd.
dude i love those movies(in bold) :( especailly malibos mos wanted thought it wuz hilarius!!!!!! :o bloodrayne wasnt good but i thought she wuz a hotttttttttttttttttty

Shark_Blade
27-07-07, 06:58
Sunshine

- stupid science fiction that's about the sun :rolleyes: The cast is horrible, the plot is lame, very very bad.

Batman & Robin: Nipples on the Batsuit!?I don't understand why people is fussing about it. Was it really sexually stimulating? Don't we all have nipples?

Autolycus
27-07-07, 07:02
Napolean Dynamite. Every copy of this film should be burnt. Thats 1 and a half hours of my life that i will never get back.

Bend It Like Beckham. Trash.

Harry Potter. The first one ever brought out can't remember what it's called.

They're more but these stand out straight away.

Shark_Blade
27-07-07, 07:06
The Grudge.The plot and the characters were so weak, it was embarrassing.I wasted two hours of my life watching it.
I know, in the cinema I laughed out a lot when other people and my friend cower and close their eyes from the ghost. I was like WTF???:confused: There's nothing, anything remotely scary about gudge unless you watch the japanese vrsion...

Quasimodo
27-07-07, 08:12
Garfield movie - how did it get a sequel, too? yuck.
The Godfather whatever - never could sit through the whole thing.
Epic movie- "I just said that!" "Omigosh, a talking beaver!" euugghh. the bingo wings joke was kinda funny though.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Boring
All of the Spiderman movies- what was so great about any of them?(to be fair, they were good movies, and I more or less liked them, but I was puzzled at how they continued to break all-time box-office records, is all)
POC: Dead Man's Chest - felt like a fan-service. it was too confident of itself, riding on the coattails of its predecessor's success.

Also Cursed, Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, The Wickerman, Black Snake Moan, and pretty much all of the Lifetime Channel movies.

It's actually kinda hard to remember the titles of all the bad movies I've seen, they all kinda blend together in a bland gruel of mediocrity.

gtkilla
27-07-07, 08:13

All of the Spiderman movies- what was so great about any of them?

Blasphemous!! :yik: But, opinions whatever. blah, blah blah... Don't give me a lecture.

Anyways...

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - Complete and utter trash...a huge disappointment after the first one, which was a great movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End - The same **** as the previous one, except a tiny bit better. Jack Sparrow had less screentime...can't go wrong with that! :D --Oh, wait...you can. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

And I'd put the LotR trilogy up there too, but I've never seen them. I've tried to, but could never get through them - too boring.

chrismcalees
27-07-07, 08:20
Vanilla Sky, TMNT and Children of Men.

ace_85
27-07-07, 08:34
I'm surprised that Napoleon Dynamite is so unpopular - personally, I think it's a work of comedy genius. If you go into it looking for too much of a point or message behind it all, I think it probably is likely to disappoint. But the film is all about the subtle humour in irony or dysfunctional social situations/characters. It's also supposed to be kinda heartwarming too, but again I appreciate that it might be a bit too unusual for some tastes.

Jack Croft
27-07-07, 08:45
Undercover Brother.

Kung Fu Hustle.

:)

Admles
27-07-07, 09:23
The second and 3rd Matrix movies, and the second Pirates of the Carribbean movie....... struggled to stay awake during all of those!

Although Keira Knightley and Monica Bellucci did their parts well!

Zac Medley
27-07-07, 09:26
Eraserhead

Honeymoon in Las Vegas

tombraiderluka
27-07-07, 09:31
Epic Movie nothing else