PDA

View Full Version : Things you use to believe when you were little

SpongeBob Lover
26-07-07, 20:08
When i was little, i always thought that we never died! i would think that people would reach the tallest point in their life when you were in adult hood and when they grew out of adulthood i thought that we would slowly shrink till the size of an ant and disappear, i dont know why, maybe because all the old people i saw were really short,

also i use to think if you would chop cauliflower and cook it on a pan it would turn to chicken bits :D

so what did you guys use to believe in when you were little?

Angel_14
26-07-07, 20:23
- When you grow up, you get married to your brother/sister
- Couples make child by kissing
- World shrinks so much that eventually the world's popularity won't have enough place to move or do anything XD

And the stupidest thing I believed:
- Being a 'big girl' is a fun thing... >.<

I was very naive XD

Lavinder
26-07-07, 20:30
I believed the world was a big, safe happy place and when I grow up I would have a big mansion like Lara to play in.

Now I'm just a nervous wreck :p

Duchess
26-07-07, 20:31
When I was little I used to believe that girls were born with their ears pierced.

Jacob x5
26-07-07, 20:35
I used to think that the normal facial expression was smiling, and that everyone I saw in public was sad. :D Then again, where I live they are a miserable bunch.

My cousin used to think that, back in the days of black and white photography, everything was black and white in real life, and that one day everyone woke up and there was colour. :D

I was told that they have a 'special cuddle'. :D

jamieoliver22
26-07-07, 20:39
I used to believe that all cats were female and all dogs were male.

Angel_14
26-07-07, 20:41
I was told that they have a 'special cuddle'. :D

Hehe :D My friend told me that she believed that the stork brings the babies, but on a cold January afternoon, she started wondering that how come there are newborn babies in winter, because the storks fly to a warmer place in winter. XD

touchmyheart
26-07-07, 20:42
I used to think that the Easter bunny and Santa were real

Just being safe :D

Zep Girl
26-07-07, 20:47

haha I used look out of my window on Christmas eve to try and spot him......I still do it haha

Indiana Croft
26-07-07, 20:49
I used to think that thunder was caused by angels bowling! :vlol:

Zep Girl
26-07-07, 20:52
I love reading these, pople post more! Im trying to think of what I used to believe, Im so tired. Haha some things I do sorta still believe cos when you do as a kid its hard to get out of it, in some way. Anyone agree?? I should think of some examples...

tombraiderluka
26-07-07, 20:53
Well apart from believeing in Santa,SPOILER!!!which non-existance didn't do much to me,I don't recall believeing in anything else
P.S I won't say sorry to people that believed in santa,I did put a spoiler before :mis:

Ampersand
26-07-07, 20:56
I used to believe in Father Christmas. I also thought a B-reg was a make of car, back in the day when I didn't know what registration numbers were.

I also didn't know a thing about how music was recorded, so when my mum told me that Enya 'did all the vocals and played all of the instruments', I was thoroughly amazed that anyone could project so many voices and play so many instruments at the same time. :cln:

- When you grow up, you get married to your brother/sister

ROFL. :D

Zep Girl
26-07-07, 20:56
He was really once though Im sure. St Nicholas, not sure why he gave presents out now haha can someone please answer that?

Kerrigan
26-07-07, 21:00
Since my parents had similar names, I used to think you can only get married with someone whose name corresponds with yours(smth like Daniel and Danielle, Alexander and Alexandra).Since my name was different, I thought that's why I'll never get married.:D

Rivendell
26-07-07, 21:03
I used to believe that if you squished too many woodlice in the bathtub, that the Giant Woodlouse would come to your house and shout at you.

Bloody brother used to threaten me with that little gem.. :pi:

Jacob x5
26-07-07, 21:03

:vlol: Brilliant! :D

Santa's not real? http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sad0120.gif

pEhouse
26-07-07, 21:05
Oh I have a lot of those...

I used to think that
- when you grow up, you have to rename yourself (because old people have old-peoples-names) and I always wanted to be called Elizabeth once I hit 30 lol
- I go blind when I sleep in a room that is totally dark. So still to this day I can't go to sleep in a room that is completely dark, I always leave blinds half way open.
- I can die suffocating when the windows are shut at night, because I would use up all the air in the room during sleep. I still leave my window cracked every night.. I gotta blame my first grade teacher for that, she was the one who started this.
- When me and my friends hit puberty (around 11, 12) I tried to convince all my friends that my parents never had sex before... :D

tomblover
26-07-07, 21:07
Uh, I believed in Santa, Easter Bunny, and the stork. :vlol:

star-dust
26-07-07, 21:27
I used to believe that babies came out of the women's belly button... :ton:
My auntie told me this... :rolleyes:
annnnnd
a person named Mr.Sandman came to put us to sleep everynight...

Little-Lara
26-07-07, 21:39
I used to think that:

> ladies were fed something special on their wedding day, and the food made them grow a baby. :p
> TVs had tiny little people inside it (when I was a toddler/child)
> people called me pretty only when they needed something from me. :pi:
> trees had ghosts inside it that came alive at night. (AARRGHH my dad used to scare me....I still get scared sometimes..)
> I used to hate women who made themselves look cheap when I was very young. This became a huge precursor to my sorta-feminist personality....and I'm soo glad, because most of my friends are so cheap.

Dakaruch
26-07-07, 21:43

i really thought that as well... silly me!
and many other stupid things that i don't remember now!

AnthonyShock1515
26-07-07, 21:47
That the numbers don't go higher than 36.

Lara Croft was a real person

Babies were born out of the trash shoot.

Our whole bodies were completely hollow inside so we were only full when we filled the hollow space.:D

Brocolli were baby trees.

Jacob x5
26-07-07, 21:48
That the numbers don't go higher than 36.

Did 37 never occur to you? :cln:

Zep Girl
26-07-07, 21:53
Oh there one! I thought humans torso was a pit of slush and food hahaha then went down a pipe and came out as the brown stuff hahaha

Little-Lara
26-07-07, 21:54
Babies were born out of the trash shoot.

:yik::yik: Who or what in the world gave you that idea? Just curious...

Chocolate
26-07-07, 21:54
Hahaha!! :vlol: I thought many things, like...

- The tooth fairy was real.

- Women got pregnant by praying to God...:hea:

- My dad appeared on TV everyday on the news...

- Jesus was born somewhere in the 80's :vlol:

- Chicken didn't come from chicken, it was just food given a random name.

- My computer speakers would magically come to life and call me nasty things.

- Staying on the computer longer than 2 hours will make you blind forever.

- Saying lies will make you wet your pants! xD

pEhouse
26-07-07, 21:57
- My dad appeared on TV everyday on the news...

lol I remember something like that. I told all my friends that my mom used to be a famous rockstar.. it wasn't really a lie, cuz I was convinced it was true. For some reason, I thought I'd remember a picture of her on stage.. don't know where this imagination came from, cuz a picture like that doesn't exist of course... she did have a guitar as child tho ;)

Jacob x5
26-07-07, 21:57
- Saying lies will make you wet your pants! xD

That's a good one to tell the kids!

Zep Girl
26-07-07, 22:04
Sitting on dandelions makes you wet your self haha

oh and butter cups, if put under your chin and your skin shines yellow, you like butter haha

Fish.
26-07-07, 22:05
-Santa Claus
-Easter Bunny

Can't really remember anything else (though I can't remember what I did 5 minutes ago :rolleyes:)

tomblover
26-07-07, 22:44
Oh, yeah, forgot that I believed in ghosts. (God damnit. :o) And also the tooth fairy.

EDIT: Choc? Women pregnant by praying?! :yik: Who/whatever made you think that needs a serious satanic spanking! :vlol:

DREWY
26-07-07, 23:16
Well now you lot have shattered the dreams of a few kids who still believed in these things. Now what will I, oops, they believe in?

Angel666
26-07-07, 23:24
I used to believe that when you flushed the toilet if you didnt run out fast enough a monster would come out and pull you down into the toilet with you. And I thought that God hated cats b/c everytime one of mine died they said that God has a plan. To which I replied, "To what? Kill off all the cats?" I seriously thought that something was living in my closet and if I got out of bed for anything it would jump out and kill me. My fears were not unfounded, we discovered one night that one of our cats was sleeping in there and the strange noises I heard was her hissing at our other cat to stay out.

Little-Lara
26-07-07, 23:25
Well now you lot have shattered the dreams of a few kids who still believed in these things. Now what will I, oops, they believe in?

Aaaaahhhhhaaaaahhhhh. Ooopsie-daisy. :ton:

lita212
26-07-07, 23:27
i used to believe in santa clause, the easter bunny and the tooth fairy.

i also thought fairies and witch's etc were real.

DREWY
26-07-07, 23:38

They are. Where does the money for your teeth come from then? See ;)
As as far as witches, I've seen Harry Potter.:p

AmericanAssassin
26-07-07, 23:42
Everybody always tells me that I was well beyond my age when I was little, so they always told me everything. Aside from Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny, I knew everything accurately. ;)

jackali
26-07-07, 23:49
That there were demons out to get me, and I could only defeat them by natural light or by splashing them with ordinary tap water.
Scared me for a good few months that did!

Rivendell
27-07-07, 00:02

Countless hoards of Wiccans across the world beg to challenge your belief that they're not real ;)

jarhead
27-07-07, 00:12
I used to belive in witches ( espeically after that funny childrens book with meg the witch). Anyay when it was dark, and I was little, I used to be scared of running up our house ( we have this long corridor thats overlooked by next doors roof). Anyway...child scared of witches and group of cats on neighbours roof meant for a loud scream and embarrasment

LaraCablara
27-07-07, 00:18
Hmm, Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy,the Rugrats being real, Woman give birth by having a doctor open there stomach, and then close it, Chocolate being poop (no offense to Chocolate :p), there no finger in between my thumb and my index finger because someone ate it, and of course chocolate milk comes from cow poop, oh and witches and goblins and that gummy bears have feelings.

Edit: And being a virgin meant your from Virginia

Edit (again): If your not careful you could poop the baby out when your pregnant.

SpongeBob Lover
27-07-07, 00:33

:vlol:!! all of these are funny :D

Tomb-Raider
27-07-07, 00:44
Well at a very young age i slept with my sister on a room. I lay down, and get scared of the closet, thinking somethings gunna come out. I go into her bed. She goes into the bed I was in. Now im by the door, scared that somethings going to grab me. So i get into her bed. And it repeats itself.

^.^

I also used to think that if your extra good, santa will give you more presents. :/

You know, it wasnt untill recently I found out that babies are born without teeth. :o

star girl
27-07-07, 01:02
Babies were born the day the couple got married :rolleyes:

jackali
27-07-07, 01:10
My sister was EVIL, she kept telling me that I looked green all the time. Eventually I started to believe it!

Legends
27-07-07, 01:12
I believed that my parents loved each other and were happy, but I was so wrong. Then I grew up and realised so many things wasn't correct. That's the thing I miss with being a kid. You got no worries.

star girl
27-07-07, 01:35
Yeah! And (a cousin tricked me once! :mad:) that this weird sort of night was nearby, when witches would come out and take the shape of your loved one - and the only way to tell them apart was to look at their feet, they'd be put in the wrong direction if they were a witch :yik:

I couldn't go to the bathroom alone for two months after that.. :(

kooky
27-07-07, 06:13
My list is long :eek: :

- Lara croft was a real, & all things in the TR games were real.

- Santa & the tooth fairy, easter bunny

- the Mario characters were also real :vlol:

- I believed a planet was going to collide with us, then realized it won't happen for another few million years. :pi:

- I believed babies were born when a couple get married :vlol:

AnthonyShock1515
27-07-07, 10:02
lol I remember something like that. I told all my friends that my mom used to be a famous rockstar.. it wasn't really a lie, cuz I was convinced it was true. For some reason, I thought I'd remember a picture of her on stage.. don't know where this imagination came from, cuz a picture like that doesn't exist of course... she did have a guitar as child tho ;)

Once in reception I spontaneously started crying in class and the teacher asked me what was wrong I said that I had won the lottery:D

Oh, and when I was 9/10 I once beleived along with my classmates that oral consumption of semen could make you pregnant.

Also I was once having nightmares about Resident evil(I went through a really bad phase where I couldn't sleep for zombies at about 7) I woke and and went to my mum and kept asking her if I could go to the doctors and have my brain washed.

I thought you could book an appointment then lol

maximum_123
27-07-07, 10:27
-The rain was gods pee xD.

-Children were made by kissing.

-When I grow up I was going to live in Lara's Manor LMAO

-Lara Croft was real (So said my brother!)

I was pretty gullible around the age of 6 and 7 :vlol:

clairelovestlc
27-07-07, 10:38
If i ate my crusts my hair would go curly
If i ate carrots i could see in the dark
thunder was god moving the furniture around, rain was his bath overflowing, lighting was him having a "disco"
Broccoli was a baby tree

eople had to sit in the car in height order... tallest person drove (my dad) 2nd tallest had to sit in the passenger seat ( my mum) smallest had to sit in the back ( me) it was the law...

I stopped believing this by the age of about 5-6... but pretended i still thought it was true, as i could see i wasnt going to stay the smallest for much longer turned 8-9 ish, became taller than my mum, and haven't sat in the back since!

BoyTRaider
27-07-07, 10:43
I used to believe if I made a perfect enough nun hat.. I'd be able to fly like the Flying Nun did from the TV Series. Lmao, used to always watch that old show when I was younger.

Ada the Mental
27-07-07, 12:26

:vlol: Me too.

Well when I was five I wanted to have a wall behind me when sleeping because I was afraid that there was a monster under my bed and I wanted to have my back covered.

And when I was about two or three my mother had this unbelievably ugly, scarecrow-like doll on the wall of my bedroom and I was positively frightened by it, but I couldn't explain to anyone what I was afraid of.

And I believed that babies where born when the couple was rolling under the bedclothes ( blame the TV).lol

jackali
27-07-07, 13:01
I believed that if you put your mind to it, anything was possible. I tried on many occasion to fly. Unfortunately it appears that this is not true, thankfully I no longer believe this, but I still want to fly!

petujaymz
27-07-07, 14:02
If someone had x number of children, they'd only had sex x number of times.

:wve:

Zep Girl
27-07-07, 14:06
Oh there was a thing in Primary school that freaked me out. We would go into the toilets and turn the light off and stare into the mirror and chant Bloody Mary and she was ment to appear!! I seriously creamed my knickers

Peachy
27-07-07, 14:11
I was told by my big sister that if you picked daisys, the daisy giant would come and get you.And I thought that the alphabet actually spelt alphabet

psychokitten
27-07-07, 14:34
I had a good number of gremlins living under my bed until I was at least 10 :vlol:

domina
27-07-07, 14:45
Other than the Santa Clause stuff, I used to think my dolls would come to life so I always had to be extra nice to them because I didn't want them killing me in my sleep. I saw a glimpse of Chuckie when I was really little; it scarred me.

I'm the oldest sibling, though, so I think I was more responsible for making my little brother believe in stupid things. I remember telling him if he collected all the white tags from Hersey's Kisses, they'd send him a huge one. And that he needed to keep dog spit on him if he wanted dogs to really love him. I was terrible. :D

SpongeBob Lover
27-07-07, 19:04
I used to think my dolls would come to life so I always had to be extra nice to them because I didn't want them killing me in my sleep.

:vlol: me too!! dam those barbie/porcelin dolls!!!

thevman
27-07-07, 19:20
Hmmm, use to believe in people can love, people being faithful, people telling the truth...

...silly me. :rolleyes:

Admles
28-07-07, 01:14
Hmmm, use to believe in people can love, people being faithful, people telling the truth...

...silly me. :rolleyes:
I hear that!

I used to believe life was fair....... how misguided was that?

dannyb37
28-07-07, 01:37
I believed that my parents loved each other and were happy, but I was so wrong. Then I grew up and realised so many things wasn't correct. That's the thing I miss with being a kid. You got no worries.

tell me about it, I've had that feeling so often. lol

Besides that,
Beleved that the world was black and white before the invention of color (cos of the photographs)
And that My mum was on Noah's ark, and so were all the old (ish) people. She was about early thirty's, didn't go down well. :p

Ikas90
28-07-07, 02:26
Superstitions. I used to believe that breaking a Buddha statue contributed to making me suck at video games even more than I already did. :vlol:

Admles
28-07-07, 03:19
When I was younger, I actually believed that you could finish High School, go to University where you'd fall in love, graduate, get a good job, get married, get a house, kids and life would be all sweet.

Then the reality of life set in....... :(

ivannnnn
28-07-07, 05:42
The Icon of the Catholics are so real! That's i used to believe :D but now not

calico25
28-07-07, 06:19
I used to believe that masturbation caused blindness, baldness, and hairy palms....

I was duped.

Laurencarter
28-07-07, 14:49
I always believed that if your tooth fell out that you should put it in your shoe and the tooth mouse will give you money. when I was seven I caught my mom putting money into my shoe.

Catapharact
28-07-07, 14:57
Used to believe: Falling in love is so illogical. The chances of finding the right person are 1 in 6.6 billion and once you find them, most people just focus all their time and energy in keeping a relationship rather then living life itself and enjoying with it has to give.

What Happened: Fell madly in love and got married.

Necromanser
30-07-07, 14:57
I used to think that:
-if you swim in the water too long you turn into a big pink raisin:D
-if an anvil falls on your head you sprout a little bump and when you try to push it back down it goes up again
-there were little men inside my body that made me move

Lara'sLover
30-07-07, 15:10
I used to believe very silly things

here are some

1. Brocolli is baby trees
2. Peas were alien eggs
3. And rice crispies made you pregnant :confused:
4: That mum and Dad were born married

Don't ask :p

michaeldt
30-07-07, 15:26
I used to think there were people behind the screen at the cinema doing all the acting.

danitiwa
30-07-07, 15:28

Me too. >.> It's cause the parents don't tell you... And because the sims did. :p

-I beleived that god lived in the clouds
-That you can actually catch a dove on the street...

Oh yeah, I beleived all my toys were people, so I didn't want them to get jealous of each other because I had a favorite. :vlol:
Also I had the theory that when you open the fridge a little man turns on the light. :D And when you close it he turns it off.

Plus I thought if I didn't clean my room a troll would come and eat all my toys: DAD'S FAULT. :vlol:

Legend of Lara
30-07-07, 15:38
- If it was raining ,that meant God was sad. =(

- That you could have babies just by "clicking" it together. :p

- That you need to have babies before getting married.

- If I left the Game Over screen at Crash 2 too long, the bad guy would scare me. -_-

- At school, you get a special hat that makes you really smart! :D

danitiwa
30-07-07, 15:39
Lol, I also beleived in that bloody Mary crap... I'm going to kill Sean and Miroslav for that. :pi:

Legend of Lara
30-07-07, 15:47
Lol, I also beleived in that bloody Mary crap... I'm going to kill Sean and Miroslav for that. :pi:

*goes to the bathroom* Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary...

See, totally harmleeeeAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! ...

danitiwa
30-07-07, 15:50
oh shut up... :p :vlol:

With all these beleifs, you could almost say childhood is a religion! :vlol:

Dark Lugia 2
30-07-07, 16:05
That the world used to be black and white :p

Postalisback
30-07-07, 16:14
Once in reception I spontaneously started crying in class and the teacher asked me what was wrong I said that I had won the lottery:D

Also I was once having nightmares about Resident evil(I went through a really bad phase where I couldn't sleep for zombies at about 7) I woke and and went to my mum and kept asking her if I could go to the doctors and have my brain washed.

I thought you could book an appointment then lol

LOL that is just great, I wish I could remember... :(

nicola1986
30-07-07, 16:42

Me too :D I completely forgot I used to think that!

irjudd
30-07-07, 17:25
Ironically, the only thing I can think of isn't appropriate for this forum. :mis:

danitiwa
30-07-07, 17:34
That the world used to be black and white :p

Oh yeah lol. When my mom told me about her childhood I'd always think it was black and white. :vlol:

SpongeBob Lover
31-07-07, 00:39
I used to believe very silly things

here are some

1. Brocolli is baby trees
2. Peas were alien eggs
3. And rice crispies made you pregnant :confused:
4: That mum and Dad were born married

Don't ask :p

:vlol: alien eggs :D

Regulator
31-07-07, 01:08
I thought vampires,werewolves,and other monsters existed cause I always read lots of books about them when I was young.