PDA

View Full Version : TR Anniversary "Walk" function

owensbje
03-08-07, 13:45
My game seems to be working fine, except the "Walk" function won't work; I've tried it with the keyboard ( it was premapped by the game to "Alt") and with a gamepad (Logitech Wingman) I've also tried assigning it to other buttons on both the gmepad and keyboard, but no luck. I've reinstalled he game, updated gamepad and video card drivers and updated Direct X. Any one else encounter this?

Sabine

CroftScionGuard
03-08-07, 15:11
My game seems to be working fine, except the "Walk" function won't work; I've tried it with the keyboard ( it was premapped by the game to "Alt") and with a gamepad (Logitech Wingman) I've also tried assigning it to other buttons on both the gmepad and keyboard, but no luck. I've reinstalled he game, updated gamepad and video card drivers and updated Direct X. Any one else encounter this?

Sabine

R u trying the left ALT button?
Also try the DEFAULT CONTROLS, or see if that has a key in the control configuration

EscondeR
03-08-07, 16:17
Try to assign "Walk" to Right Shift key. Report if you have no success.

The gamepad must be configured in Control panel > Gaming devices before using it in the game.

owensbje
03-08-07, 18:45
Neither ALT button works; I did try assigning walk to both shift keys- no luck. My PC "sees" my gamepd; it lets me calibrate it, but there's no "configure" option. Maybe its just too old for XP?

I installed the game on my laptop; there the "Alt" button for Walk works! My desktop has more power and a better video card, so i'd rather play it there - any recommendations on what to update/check on the desktop to get it to work? At this point I just want the walk fxn to work; I'll get a new gamepad if I have to-

EscondeR
03-08-07, 19:24
1. Run Diagnose.exe (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/diagnose.exe) on your desktop PC and post the report.

2. To use your gamepad with TRA download and use Joy2Key (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/jtk379en.zip).

owensbje
04-08-07, 19:13
I tried Joy2key; I', able to make my own configuration, but how do I export it to TRA?
I ran the diagnostic, bu tall I got was this- I waited a while, but no real report-

Windows XP Detected
Reading Autoexec.NT
Listing Programs Currently Running
Getting System Events........ Please wait
TR1 Detected
TR Unfinished Business Detected
Tomb Raider 2 detected
Tomb Raider 3 detected
Tomb Raider 4 detected
Tomb Raider 5 detected
Tomb Raider 7 Demo detected
Tomb Raider: Legend detected
Tomb Raider: Anniversary detected
Properties Version 1.0
Running DirectX diagnostics Please Wait. This may take several minutes
Reading DirectX diagnostics
DirectX diagnostics completed

Fish.
05-08-07, 01:26
For the diagnostic to fully run, it is going to take a few minutes. Expect a hangup near the end where it runs DirectX Diagnostic. ;)

owensbje
07-08-07, 12:39
I let the diagnostic run for a few hours; it just seems to stop . It says the report is ready to view, but there's no buton to click on-am I missing something?

Sabine

EscondeR
07-08-07, 12:54
Press ALT+TAB to bring Notepad with the report in front. If no Notepad there, then go to c:\Documents and Settings\your_profile_name\Local settings\Temp and open diag.txt file. Copy and paste the whole report to your next post then.

owensbje
02-09-07, 19:56
Well, I finally got sick of the whole problem and bought a new Logitech Rumblepad. It works great (including the Walk function) and is even better than my old one, as now I have 2 analog sticks as well. I can't wait to get started!

Sabine