PDA

View Full Version : Bring back the kayak!

Lara Croft Fan Joe
18-08-07, 17:55
I really enjoyed the kayak section of tomb raider 3. Having to work against the current otherwise you'd get impaled on a load of spikes in the river was pretty fun imo, and I loved that whole tripwire thing. Madabu Gorge the level was really nice itself, and I rekon a level like that would look great in next gen, so I'd love to see the kayak come back.

AmericanAssassin
18-08-07, 17:57
That's a great idea! :tmb: I'd just be afraid that it would contol horribly, like the bike in Legend... :(

MrBear
18-08-07, 18:03
I think CD will and should make up their own ideas instead of recycling a Core feature :) but a level with something similar I'm all for..

ThomasCroft
18-08-07, 18:05
Ooooooh God! I'm replaying TR3 at the moment and I'm on the South Pacific Kayak section. It's so frustrating! You lose health at every corner! It's so difficult!

So bring it back. :)

PARANOIA
18-08-07, 18:10
It would be a good idea, done properly. I can unfortunately see the TR3 kayak sequence looking just like the TRL bike sequences in Nepal and Peru, with mercenaries on speedboats and periods where you have to "jump the gaps."

Alex Fly
18-08-07, 18:10
I liked it a lot in TRIII, I'd be happy if it will be back one day. I love vehicles ! :tmb:

MrBear
18-08-07, 18:16
It would be a good idea, done properly. I can unfortunately see the TR3 kayak sequence looking just like the TRL bike sequences in Nepal and Peru, with mercenaries on speedboats and periods where you have to "jump the gaps."

Nepal..? ;) but yeah, that would be dreadful! hopefully I have a feeling they've learnt from their mistakes and won't do something like the TR:L bike sequences again... I know, I'm naive :p

PARANOIA
18-08-07, 18:21
Nepal..? ;)

Kazakhstan.

And can you explain how you "feel" they've learned? Game reviewers have praised the vehicle sequences.

Eddie Haskell
18-08-07, 18:25
Kazakhstan.

And can you explain how you "feel" they've learned? Game reviewers have praised the vehicle sequences.

The bike sequence was the most tedious and boring part of all of Legend. Praised it? Shows what they know, or more like what they received (in their pocket).;)

troy tr
18-08-07, 18:29
Praise the motorbike section? Where? They said it was easy and repetitive as I can remember them. They said it's cheesy but the kids will love seeing Lara being "cool" on the bike.

ThomasCroft
18-08-07, 18:30
Shows what they know, or more like what they received (in their pocket).;)

:vlol:

MrBear
18-08-07, 18:31
I can't explain it because I have nothing to base it on at the moment... all I'm saying is that I'm naive enough to believe we won't get any terrible bike sequences in the future games... Legend was their first shot at TR, but if the Legend-biking reappears you are hereby permitted to kick me (once!) ;)

CAISACO
18-08-07, 18:58
That's a great idea! :tmb: I'd just be afraid that it would contol horribly, like the bike in Legend... :(

Wow, I thought the bike was the easiest in the world in Legend!!

Hmmm, do you not play racing games??? :p

I definitely want vehicles in this new game. I missed them in TRA!
They add so much action. I will be so ****ing ****ed off if they make them ICS!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love ICs, but not for vehicles please CD!

MrBear
18-08-07, 19:09
I agree, vehicles are a very nice addition in TR with its game play-diversity...

I will be so ****ing ****ed off if they make them ICS!!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love ICs, but not for vehicles please CD!

I would rather get you wrong ;) :D

thevman
18-08-07, 19:10
If they use vehicles of any kind, they need to free them up so we can go whatever way we want, instead of down a set path, and let us get off whenever we want to so we can search around new areas we reach! ;)

Foamy
18-08-07, 19:18
Yes i agree. And no, don't bring back the kayak....demon vessle that was

Shrantellatessa
19-08-07, 01:02
Can anyone please post a picture of Lara in the Kayak in TR3? Thanks :)