PDA

View Full Version : Paint.Net help??!!!

khFREAK
26-08-07, 07:43
I have paint.net... can anyone tell me how to change the colour of something in a photo? Because I want to change colours of lara's clotes and stuff but I don't know how...

:confused::(

Izzie404
26-08-07, 12:15
I don't believe that Paint.NET has those kinds of capabilities. :(
You could always download a free trial of Adobe Photoshop if you are just using it for something quick.

Camera Obscura
26-08-07, 22:14
I don't believe that Paint.NET has those kinds of capabilities. :(
You could always download a free trial of Adobe Photoshop if you are just using it for something quick.

Actually there is a plugin that lets you change a color on the image (Hue/Saturation). Let's say Lara is wearing her classic blue outfit, the plugin lets you mess with the hue/color of anything blue in the picture and change it to any other color. Here's an explanation as well as the download link to the plugin.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=1102

It's a bit hard to use at first but I used it to make the Lara Japan entry a couple of months back.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/Camera-Obscura/Lara-Japan_CameraObscura-1.jpg

As you can see I changed Lara's blue shirt and khaki shorts to white.

Also you don't necessarily need the plugin to change the color in a photo. If you're good with photoshop you can easily do that by adding a new layer and setting it to "multiply". Then you can color over an image and still keep the details, that's what I did to make Lara's straps, belts, nails, and lips red.

Hope this was helpful :wve:

Izzie404
27-08-07, 00:39
Also you don't necessarily need the plugin to change the color in a photo. If you're good with photoshop you can easily do that by adding a new layer and setting it to "multiply". Then you can color over an image and still keep the details, that's what I did to make Lara's straps, belts, nails, and lips red.

Using Photoshop I normally use the "Color" mode for the paintbrush when I need to change the color of something. I don't use multiply.

khFREAK
27-08-07, 06:11
THANKIES!!! to both of you :yah: