PDA

View Full Version : The King comes finally on DVD!

TheEveningStar
09-03-04, 14:02
The King makes his return in filmmaker Peter Jackson's stunning conclusion to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, arriving on DVD and VHS on May 25, 2004. The home video debut of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will follow the groundbreaking success of the multi-tiered platform releases of both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, and will be available on a two-disc DVD and VHS for $29.95 and $24.97, respectively. A special extended edition of The Return of the King will be released at a later date.

"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is the crowning glory of a truly unparalleled filmmaking achievement," said Stephen Einhorn, president and chief operating officer of New Line Home Entertainment. "The two-DVD edition includes the award-winning theatrical epic as well as hours of behind-the- scenes bonus materials."

Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure of good versus evil, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will be released separately in both widescreen and fullscreen versions, each including a second disc offering hours of additional content. Disc Two will feature behind-the-scenes specials, featurettes, theatrical trailers, TV spots, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy supertrailer, a preview of the upcoming The Lord of the Rings- based video game from Electronic Arts and a link to exclusive online content about the motion picture trilogy.

Disc 1: The Feature
Feature (200 minutes)
Widescreen (2.35:1) or Fullscreen version of the film
Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Surround Sound
Stereo Surround Sound
English subtitles and closed captions
Spanish subtitles
EXTRA VIDEO CONTENT: Animated menus and select-a-scene

Disc 2: Special Features
Bonus disc featuring hours of additional content.
3 in-depth programs that reveal the secrets behind the production of this epic adventure, including: The Quest Fulfilled: A Director’s Vision
A Filmmaker’s Journey: Making The Return of the King
National Geographic Special – The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

6 featurettes originally created for lordoftherings.net: Aragorn’s Destiny
Minas Tirith: Capital of Gondor
The Battle of Pelennor Fields
Samwise the Brave
Eowyn: White Lady of Rohan
Digital Horse Doubles

Original theatrical trailers and TV spots
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Supertrailer
The Battle for Middle-earth Continues – Video Games from EA

DVD-ROM Content
Exclusive online content
Link to www.lordoftherings.net (http://www.lordoftherings.net)

New Line Home Entertainment distributes New Line Cinema and Fine Line Features theatrical films on DVD and VHS, including the premium DVD branded label infinifilm. The company also distributes feature films and non-theatrical programs acquired or produced by New Line Home Entertainment and New Line Television. New Line Cinema is the leading independent producer and distributor of theatrical films. New Line also licenses its films to ancillary markets including cable and broadcast television as well as in all international markets.

http://www.lordoftherings.net/index_400_hv_home.html

mr_croft79
09-03-04, 16:35
I am so excited and cannot wait, and wow that is the longest movie I think I ever seen, that was not boring.
;)

croft28
10-03-04, 05:17
Hi TheEveningStar,

Ohhhh i cant wait for ROTK on DVD, i will be buying the 2 disc set as well as the 4 disc set later in the year http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Miss60
10-03-04, 08:52
That's great news, thanks Star :D Although I'll wait until I can buy all three movies on DVD in a boxed set ;)

mr_croft79
10-03-04, 16:48
I know some other people that are waiting for the boxed set of all three of them too. Me personally I think I am going to wait for the 4 disc set.
;)