PDA

View Full Version : I'm so nervous of going into high school...

kooky
04-09-07, 01:34
I'm so nervous of going into 9th grade, I hope everyone won't be mean, when I was in 6th & 7th grade, kids were always so mean to me. :(

mattlsu
04-09-07, 01:38
I know that feeling. :) My advice, just try to blend in and stay out of the way. If you don't act like a freshman, you won't be treated like one. High school is the most fun you'll have, before college at least. Good luck! :)

Regulator
04-09-07, 01:40
I'm a freshman..
I'll be just acting normal...even though I'm not.:p
Just be youself and you will do fine.

Eddie Haskell
04-09-07, 01:46
I was one of those "mean" kids in grammar/high school. I regret it very much. In Chicago all of the high schools draw from a large area and several local grammar schools. I assume the same applies where you are. You'll likely meet some new friends from the other schools who will be just as apprehensive as you are.

Kids are mean, it was like that before I was born and will probably be that way forever. Just try and stay out of the "mean" kids way as much as possible. Don't do things to draw attention to yourself like wearing loud clothes, and avoid doing anything to provoke them. Believe me, these kids can't resist an opening so don't give them one.

But I want to stress to you to have fun! You'll find your place in high school, just give it time. Find some new friends and get involved in something at the school. Hopefully you'll look back on your high school days as the best time of your life. I certainly look back on mine like that, and I wish you only happy days at your new school. :hug:

Angel666
04-09-07, 02:04
Don't worry. High School sucks. Just try and keep your head down and remember to do your schoolwork! I swear to god, if you slack of in ninth grade and your GPA drops way down it will be alomst impossible to bring it back up. Just focus on getting done! That's what I'm doing. Don't worry, I was scared to be a freshman too. :hug: When do you start?

ThomasCroft
04-09-07, 02:11
Eddie Haskell is right in saying that you do eventually find your "place" in high school. My only advice is to make sure it's not the wrong one. Be yourself, be polite, try to stay out of trouble and you should be fine. If anyone starts taking the ****, don't hesistate to tell the teachers and if they don't do anything tell your parents. Seriously, I know it sounds cliché to "tell on" the mean kids, but if you don't things will only get worse.

I myself have almost every single target on my back for being picked on: I have a different dress sense to everyone else, my personality's somewhat feminine, I'm not particularly good-looking, I do well at school, I get on with teachers etc. etc. But the difference is I don't let people get away with being rude to me. I'm now really happy at high school and am able to be 100% myself without worrying.

Angel666
04-09-07, 02:16
I wouldn't risk telling on the drug dealers but I just try and keep my head down. As long as no one's threatening to kill anyone else I try and stay out of it. If it doesn't concern you I'd stay out of it but then again, I am a bit passive.

Eddie Haskell
04-09-07, 02:26
If anyone starts taking the ****, don't hesistate to tell the teachers and if they don't do anything tell your parents. Seriously, I know it sounds cliché to "tell on" the mean kids, but if you don't things will only get worse.

While I agree that this method will stop most of the problems, it tends to alienate that person from the other kids. So use this wisely and as a last resort. There is another solution to bullying. Have any of you ever seen the movie My Bodyguard?

Little-Lara
04-09-07, 02:43
Respect yourself and your opinions and everything you stand for. Do NOT let anyone force you to believe you are wrong. Be your own sweet self. Do NOT let anyone force you into doing something you don't want.

And another thing...... try to get straight A's, its gonna come in handy like you wouldn't believe. Keep your notes. Buy those thin folders, those really really thin folders made out of paper and save your notes. Use each folder for each subject. It'll be sooooo much worth it once you get into college. Because you can always look back on your notes from high school.

And one more thing :p always talk to your teacher and counselors about u'r fears and strong and weak points and ask them for help. You will be light years ahead of the game, trust me.

Good luck. :o :D

Edit: Ohh and another thing. Make many friends and many kinds of friends. Do not be rude to anyone. Don't force yourself to stick to just one kind of people, and do NOT let anyone force you into hanging with a certain kind. If they try, just play it off and don't let it bother you.

CAISACO
04-09-07, 02:47
I'm so nervous of going into 9th grade, I hope everyone won't be mean, when I was in 6th & 7th grade, kids were always so mean to me. :(

I am going into 9th grade as well!

All I can say is Don't let people get on your nerves:o
The really mean people try to break you down, and make you weak as a person, they love to see you cry. Just be strong when someone picks on you.
Although, no one ever picks on me, and I am just a shy girl. :o
And, my school is 7th-9th. It's called a Junior High. But I am a high school student but pahXD

Don't worry at all!

Jensie17
04-09-07, 04:22
i wish i was a freshman now so i can bully u =P nah it will be fine, me and my friends didnt bully the nice kids, only the kids who were trying to be cool, u will be fine as long as u stay away from trouble.
and one most important thing, You Stare at the wrong guy, u r in a big trouble

Mad Tony
04-09-07, 06:11
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=106374&page=8 :wve: Already a thread here

Dakaruch
04-09-07, 11:03

aww... well if someone is mean to you just ignore them... or be mean to them too :mis:
well when i went into 10th grade, no one was mean for me, especially because if they were... well nevermind... there are stupid guys everywhere, you just need to make some good friends, and hang out with them

_Lam
04-09-07, 11:10
High school is the best years of your life ! :jmp:
Smile, nobody will punch you if you are nice with everybody. ;)

scion05
04-09-07, 15:42
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=106374&page=8 :wve: Already a thread here

Lol, not the same thing really :wve:

Draco
04-09-07, 15:55
Nobody ever believed I was a Freshman...they always assumed I was a Junior. Apparently I was too 'cool' to be 'new'.

Mad Tony
04-09-07, 16:00
Lol, not the same thing really :wve:It's basically the same thing actually. The only difference being this person is worried about starting 9th grade and in the other thread the person is worried about starting high school, but in that thread people from all different years have expressed their worries. There really is no need for this one at all.

Angelus
04-09-07, 16:06
It's basically the same thing actually. The only difference being this person is worried about starting 9th grade and in the other thread the person is worried about starting high school, but in that thread people from all different years have expressed their worries. There really is no need for this one at all.

I agree. :tmb:

danitiwa
04-09-07, 16:41
I'm going next year. :cln: Scaaawwy... Not really lol, the only thing I worry about is getting EVEN MORE Homework. We have plenty as it is.

Legend 4ever
04-09-07, 18:38
It's basically the same thing actually. The only difference being this person is worried about starting 9th grade and in the other thread the person is worried about starting high school, but in that thread people from all different years have expressed their worries. There really is no need for this one at all.

No, it isn't.

Now ON topic: You shoud be yourself, not be scared, dress the way you want, act the way you want. I will dissagree with those who said you shouldn't wear notable clothes and that you should stay away from those kids. You shouldn't do that if you dislike it. You should dress, looks and behave the way you always do. They are all jealous, because they see on you something they want and cannot have it, believe me.

You should find normal friends, that you feel good with and just enjoy. And don't ever think you should stand in the corner, just because you are scared of someone. First of all, you don't really know whether anyone would attack you, maybe they won't, maybe you just feel like they will because you have been in bad situations.

Anyways, hiding is NEVER a resolution, that would make them feel great. Besides, that kind of people loooove to attack shy and introvert people, they are scared of noisy and outgoing people who would ****ing shut their mouth.

So whether stay yourself or become more loud and outgoing person. But NEVER HIDE. Please don't, that is like you are not living.

i wish i was a freshman now so i can bully u =P nah it will be fine, me and my friends didnt bully the nice kids, only the kids who were trying to be cool, u will be fine as long as u stay away from trouble.
and one most important thing, You Stare at the wrong guy, u r in a big trouble

I must say this is pathetic. You can stare at whoever you want, do whatever you want, and **** them freaks and delusionals off. Believe me, Kooky, never look down, they love it more than when you star at them.

Soma Holiday
04-09-07, 18:59

Isn't 9th grade the start of High School? :p

Anyways, you'' like it, just takes getting used to. College is just as bad haha. I've been here 2 weeks and I really don't know anyone, but the good thing about college is that you aren't obligated to meet people, you just go to class and come home, but still, gets kinda boring.

good luck!

Mad Tony
04-09-07, 19:02
Isn't 9th grade the start of High School? :p
Not familiar with the terms used in America, it might well be. Even more reason why there's no need for this thread then. :p

tampi
04-09-07, 19:14
Take it easy that ......if someday you raise an altar to marry ....... :whi:

Ladyknowles
04-09-07, 19:16
Is high school like, year 9 to 12 in england?

Legend 4ever
04-09-07, 19:20
Aaah, nicely watering the thread.

in these arms
04-09-07, 19:49
Is high school like, year 9 to 12 in england?

In my school its 11/12 - 16 Year Olds.

Years 7 - 11

Natey168
04-09-07, 20:08
This is my Freshman(9th grade) year, and I haven't been picked on once by any of the upperclassmen, which I thought was weird. :p It should be fine.

Jensie17
04-09-07, 20:11
Keep a smile on :) i dont mess with nice kids =P, neither will the guys in ur school =)

I must say this is pathetic. You can stare at whoever you want, do whatever you want, and **** them freaks and delusionals off. Believe me, Kooky, never look down, they love it more than when you star at them.

go stare at a big guy and see what happen to you :ton:

Legend 4ever
04-09-07, 21:04
Keep a smile on :) i dont mess with nice kids =P, neither will the guys in ur school =)

Been there, done that!

Little-Lara
04-09-07, 21:24
Kooky, you're so quiet in your own thread. :p

Eddie Haskell
04-09-07, 21:29

I'll stare at ya'. As one former HS tough guy to another. My bet is that you'll turn and run...;)

Jensie17
04-09-07, 21:31
and my bet is that u will knees down and beg ;)

Eddie Haskell
04-09-07, 21:38
and my bet is that u will knees down and beg ;)

Heheheh, I faced down Taliban and Al-Qaeda that make a high school kid look like newborn baby. Took a knife wound in the arm from one, that sucker lived about 10 seconds longer after that.

Look, bullies are all the same. Insecure and cowardly with a lot of frustration in their lives. All kooky needs to do is not attract negative attention to himself. That will be like a magnet to these goofs. And if he chooses to be "different", he will need to defend that in his own way.

And by the way, it's "kneel" down, not knees down. ;)

Jensie17
04-09-07, 22:04
as lnog as u stay away from trouble u will be fine =P peeps dont mess with u for no reason.

Heheheh, I faced down Taliban and Al-Qaeda that make a high school kid look like newborn baby. Took a knife wound in the arm from one, that sucker lived about 10 seconds longer after that.

OMG im so scared, im so scared that i wanna meet u irl :tea:
this is not a topic for fighting, pm me if u wanna fight mister old man, bye :ton:
and Dont be a grammar *****

Angelus
04-09-07, 22:05
OMG im so scared, im so scared that i wanna meet u irl :tea:
this is not a topic for fighting, pm me if u wanna fight mister old man, bye :ton:
and Dont be a grammar *****

... I'll let Eddie handle you.

kooky
05-09-07, 02:46
Wow, I just been through High school today, I know, there is alot of traffic in high school hallway in between classes. :(

Eddie Haskell
05-09-07, 02:51
Wow, I just been through High school today, I know, there is alot of traffic in high school hallway in between classes. :(

We had 4 minutes to get from one class to the next, not an easy task when the school was monumental in size! Back when I was a freshman, they threw pennies at you the first day. Did you make any money today? ;)

in these arms
05-09-07, 06:45
We had 4 minutes to get from one class to the next, not an easy task when the school was monumental in size! Back when I was a freshman, they threw pennies at you the first day. Did you make any money today? ;)

LOL! The new Year 7's today got spinned around and got all dizzy :p

And also, we need to get to another class quickly too.