PDA

View Full Version : Life after Death ?

The Great Chi
05-09-07, 21:46
Well this is the BIG question?

Why are we here, we are alive to experience this world, so is there a reason, a sense to it all, will we go on, will we just be worm food :eek:

I am in the fortunate situation to have had parents from seperate countries, so I had quite a religious background of both West and East cultures. So no matter the religion, this is the big question of faith and belief.

There again does World religions count at all, as some may argue ?
Is faith enough !

My own opinion is that as long as you have been true to yourself during your lifetime, and not hurt others (too much), then thats what matters.

Anyway, back to the Life after Death question....

My father who was an Electrical Engineer when he was alive was always interested in this question, and promised if there was survival, that he would give us a sign with electricity when he passed on. (not a bright neon one, of course :D )

Just a few days after he died, I was in my car garage and my garage lights when out, I thought this odd as I never had problems with the lights before. They came on again a minute later.

I did not think to much about this, but my sister rang me to tell me her house blacked out for a few minutes later that night, and the same story came from my mothers house.

No other houses in these seperate areas were affected, as all other houses remained lit. Coincidental ? I think not.

This to me was the sign my father said he would promise to give, and I beleive it, so hopefully, there will be a future beyond death, be it in another form :D

Izzie404
05-09-07, 21:52
That's a pretty amazing example. :eek:

But two reasons I don't want this thread to continue:
1) It makes my brain hurt like crazy. :o
2) It can cause a lot of arguments..

But I personally have no idea what to believe..

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 21:52
If there was life after death, everyone in the world would be feeling the exact same phenomena as well, be it for their family members, pet cat, dog, snake, lizard, cricket, or single-celled bacterium.

Simply put, I am a scientist, not a paranormal.

Jacob x5
05-09-07, 21:53
That's actually very interesting.

I'm quite a logical thinker, so instinct tells me that when you die, your consciousness perishes with the rest of you. However, I would like very much not to listen to logic in this one case, because if there was anything after death, that would be really, really cool. :D I don't think we can get very far in thinking about it in 'life', so I think the best thing to do is wait until we die and see what happens, or rather if anything happens.

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 21:56
If life were after death, I'd be very annoyed.

Every religion has their concept of Heaven, and the concept of "faith" is that you have to put all of your belief power into a religion that may or may not be the correct one. So if you go up into the great sky, a Christian might be shocked to see Brahma, or a Muslim to see Yahweh, or a Buddhist on the road to nirvana to find himself on the road to reincarnation.

Legends
05-09-07, 21:56
No, I don't believe in a life after death. I don't think we're that lucky, although, I wish we were.

vespertea
05-09-07, 21:58
Oh no, another one of these threads. Here we go. D:

The Great Chi
05-09-07, 22:00
But two reasons I don't want this thread to continue:1) It makes my brain hurt like crazy. :o 2) It can cause a lot of arguments....I would agree that bringing up the subject of religion and faith can cause arguments, so it would be better to see messages where people have thought that they have had some sort of proof, similar to the sign that I got.

lita212
05-09-07, 22:03
well i think there is another world or place we go to. i dont think we come bk as another person etc as we would have to somehow get inside someones sperm or egg in order to be alive lol its too scientific. plus imo id rather think there is another place we go to as i dont like the thought of coming bk as a new person and not remembering my family. its weird. this is who i am and this is who i will always be.

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 22:22
there is life after death (im positive) for every single living person on earth.:D you either go to Heaven or hell. :DHeaven=perfect, nonpainful eternal life/:mad:hell=hell, which is eternity in constant pain way worse than any pain here on Earth.

PS:yea theres potential to spark an argument here, hope im not starting it!

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 22:24
there is life after death (im positive)

Prove it.

The Great Chi
05-09-07, 22:25
....as i dont like the thought of coming back as a new person and not remembering my family. its weird. this is who i am and this is who i will always be.This reincarnation theory is popular with the Indian continent and some far eastern countries.

The theory is that we come back to experience or re-learn something, but as you say, you cannot remember previous lives or loved ones, so how do you know what you were supposed to re-learn from the past life at all :hea:

I would have to go into the realms of Si-fi stories I'v read, to give you an answer on this one (You sometimes get very interesting insight from them)

A Si-fi theory would be that the earthly life feels long to us, but looked on as only a moment in a different plain of existance (after death), so when you agree to return with memory wiped, you know its only for a short time before your back to (after death).

Possible, who knows ?

xcrushterx
05-09-07, 22:25
there is life after death (im positive) for every single living person on earth.:D you either go to Heaven or hell. :DHeaven=perfect, nonpainful eternal life/:mad:hell=hell, which is eternity in constant pain way worse than any pain here on Earth.

PS:yea theres potential to spark an argument here, hope im not starting it!
That is something that no one can be sure of until they die permenantly.

As for me, well. I'd like to believe it, but I really don't know. I still haven't made up my mind about religion in general forget something like this :o

tranniversary119
05-09-07, 22:36
Prove it.

I can't argue with you there. I mean Heaven and Hell.. nobody came back from it so how would we know its real? And yeah someone had to make us. and even the near death experinces are so fake its not even funny. A few people i know including my mom have had near death experineces.

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 22:38
i knew it, i sparked one (JK)

im a Christian and to be a Christian, you got to have faith in God, read the Bible, its in there:D its my personal belief and religion so please dont go on:(

xcrushterx
05-09-07, 22:44

im a Christian and to be a Christian, you got to have faith in God, read the Bible, its in there:D its just my personal belief so please dont go on:(
I'm a Christian too, but being a Christian doesn't mean you have to follow the bible. If you believe it's true then fair enough. I personally don't know what to believe about. I'd like to believe it, but I have more faith in science than a book written thousands of years ago. After all, what evidence is there to suggest the bible is telling the truth? None. The bible lies on the first page - the whole Adam and Eve story is a load of rubbish.

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 22:44

im a Christian and to be a Christian, you got to have faith in God, read the Bible, its in there:D its my personal belief and religion so please dont go on:(

Faith, faith, faith, faith, that's all it is, isn't it? Welcome to the Religion Lottery. Pick a religion, any religion. There's over a million different religions in the world, so - hey - you win some, you lose some. Just remember, all you need is faith.

I'm not slamming your personal belief. I'm just slamming the concept of the "faith is everything" argument.

After all, what evidence is there to suggest the bible is telling the truth? None. The bible lies on the first page - the whole Adam and Eve story is a load of rubbish.

They needed something to keep the plebs in order. After that they just added on throughout the years carrying on several themes, which may have been real-life accounts.

One thing that most religions have in common is the holy text depicting "the Great Flood (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deluge_%28mythology%29)".

Regulator
05-09-07, 22:48
Umm ghosts?

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 22:49
I'm a Christian too, but being a Christian doesn't mean you have to follow the bible. If you believe it's true then fair enough. I personally don't know what to believe about. I'd like to believe it, but I have more faith in science than a book written thousands of years ago. After all, what evidence is there to suggest the bible is telling the truth? None. The bible lies on the first page - the whole Adam and Eve story is a load of rubbish.

i used to think the same way, but the Bible was written by God, it has what hes said in it and the Bible is what being a Christain is. im saying nothing more, i just had to say somethin but thats all im saying about this subject.;)

i know that faith is hard to come, but its all you need:D

....now thats all im saying!;)

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 22:54
i used to think the same way, but the Bible was written by God, it has what hes said in it and the Bible is what being a Christain is. im saying nothing more, i just had to say somethin but thats all im saying about this subject.;)

Then I highly suggest you not read this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history#Old_Testament.2FHebrew_Bible )

Joe_16
05-09-07, 22:55
I personally don't believe in this sort of thing.

just croft
05-09-07, 22:56
Life after death? I'll know if it's tru when I die... till then I just don't care

The Great Chi
05-09-07, 22:56
....but I have more faith in science.....Irrespective of what religion, the main theme is that Man (and woman, thought I better get that in quick :D) believe that there are two parts to a human, the body and the soul. Where the soul is the spark of life, or put it another way 'the I am me' part of your body.

There were scientists recently who were trying to figure out physical proof where the soul could be located within the brain of a person, I wish I could find the topic on the internet.

The theory was that a soul was in computer terms 'software' downloaded into the brain of a person, and after death, left the body, so they were trying to find the location where the soul/brain interface was.

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 22:59
Then I highly suggest you not read this. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible_and_history#Old_Testament.2FHebrew_Bible )

no thanks :)

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 22:59
Irrespective of what religion, the main theme is that Man (and woman, thought I better get that in quick :D) believe that there are two parts to a human, the body and the soul. Where the soul is the spark of life, or put it another way 'the I am me' part of your body.

Of course. Man believed that the idea of "soul" was what separated him from the animals. It is "soul" in fact that encourages man to think, write, and interpret.

But looking at evolution (which too is a religion), and the change from Homo habilis to Homo sapiens, there can be no doubt that there was a change in brain structure, hence the complexity.

Forever_Laras_56
05-09-07, 23:00
im just saying if thar is a "heaven and hell" and if only good people can go to heaven.all people have done bad thing so how is thar a heaven or hell.IMO

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 23:00
no thanks :)

No problem with me. Just wanted to let you know what your beliefs were up against. If your faith can overcome that wall of facts, it can overcome anything.

im just saying if thar is a "heaven and hell" and if only good people can go to heaven.all people have done bad thing so how is thar a heaven or hell.IMO

Precisely. Heaven is figurative speech, used to encourage people to do good things over bad. However, to err is human.

lita212
05-09-07, 23:01
at the end of the day no one can give evidence as to what actually happens as we can only find out once we die and when we do we cant come back and say ok this is what happens. no matter what religion or scientists say there is no right answer as nothing can be proven unless you experiance it. we all belive in things which is fine but i think we all need to realise is that no matter what we belive in we cant say this is what happens as no one on earth has evidence. if they did then they must be jesus or god lol.

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-09-07, 23:02
My father who was an Electrical Engineer when he was alive was always interested in this question, and promised if there was survival, that he would give us a sign with electricity when he passed on. (not a bright neon one, of course :D )

Just a few days after he died, I was in my car garage and my garage lights when out, I thought this odd as I never had problems with the lights before. They came on again a minute later.

I did not think to much about this, but my sister rang me to tell me her house blacked out for a few minutes later that night, and the same story came from my mothers house.

That is really weird. I think some things in life (such as the example you gave) can't be explained, I do believe in the paranormal, but I don't believe in life after death. There's just too much wrong in the world, and I tend to believe in cold hard facts rather than stories passed down from long ago, like the contents of The Bible.

The Great Chi
05-09-07, 23:04
....I do believe in the paranormal, but I don't believe in life after death.....Do you mean ghosts and spirits ?

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 23:05

every person has done bad, dont care how religous you are, everyone has sinned:( but if I (and anybody else who wants to) ask God for forgiveness then Heaven is granted, its as simple as that!:D
but you have to put God 1st constantly, everyday. hes always with you, you just have to reach out. but if not then thats ur choice;)

walk_man
05-09-07, 23:05
Well, I think we were here for a reason but someone forgot to tell us. So we are independent and live our lives how we want.

If I don't think that, I'll get a headache. :p

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 23:07
No problem with me. Just wanted to let you know what your beliefs were up against. If your faith can overcome that wall of facts, it can overcome anything.

Betal
05-09-07, 23:27
Life after death? Or brain stops working, that means everything in our body stops working. So.. We die, rot.... And nothing else.

I don't believe in life after death.

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 23:28
every person has done bad, dont care how religous you are, everyone has sinned:( but if I (and anybody else who wants to) ask God for forgiveness then Heaven is granted, its as simple as that!:DSo Adolf Hitler could have simply asked God to forgive him before he shot himself in his bunker, and it would've been so? Adolf would've gone to Heaven?

I shudder at the thought of that.

Wait, that's a "reductio ad Hitlerum". I don't think I can use that argument.

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-09-07, 23:33
So Adolf Hitler could have simply asked God to forgive him before he shot himself in his bunker, and it would've been so? Adolf would've gone to Heaven?

Well, you have a valid point at least. That wouldn't make any sense at all, would it? With religion, it just feels like there are way too many things that don't add up.

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 23:34
So Adolf Hitler could have simply asked God to forgive him before he shot himself in his bunker, and it would've been so? Adolf would've gone to Heaven?

no! suicide is a ticket to hell i think (im only 14, im still learning myself):( but if he was religious and right with God, and asked for his forgiveness then yes, Heaven it is.

.....just imo by the way:)

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 23:41
no! suicide is a ticket to hell i think (im only 14, im still learning myself):( but if he was religious and right with God, and asked for his forgiveness then yes, Heaven it is.

And what of those people who are not religious and with God?
All the Hindus, the Buddhists, the atheists, the Zionists, Muslims, etc.
Are they all going to Hell too?

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 23:43
unfortunately yes:( probly, unless they are not accountable for their own sins

PARANOIA
05-09-07, 23:47
unfortunately yes:( probly, unless they are not accountable for their own sins

At least 4,000,000,000 non-Christians going to hell.

That's going to be a hard pill for them to swallow.

just croft
05-09-07, 23:49

Do you study history and why does a thread that could start a riot between religions is still alive? (oh no mod is online atm :( )

just*raidin*tomb
05-09-07, 23:56
Do you study history and why does a thread that could start a riot between religions is still alive? (oh no mod is online atm :( )

no, history is boring imo, i was just suggesting;)
...and i know, id think this thread would be closed by now b/c of me:whi:

CAISACO
06-09-07, 00:06
I don't know!:(
I mean, when we die, idk if I will just sit there dead for the rest of forever!
Or, I will live on in another life!:(
It really makes me worried and sad when I read questions like this, so im off of here

Junebug
06-09-07, 00:06
:whi:That's pretty neat!

just*raidin*tomb
06-09-07, 00:10
:whi:That's pretty neat!

wat is?:confused:

Twilight
06-09-07, 00:16
ok, lets say i had ALL the proof in the world RIGHT NOW that there was or wasnt life after death....now what do u do? whatever happens will happen. dont get caught up on death when u should be living ur life rite now.
if u purely want to speculate, i dont think theres "life", but we dont really "die". we're a spirit, in a physical existance, thats absolutly beautiful if u open ur eyes to it. we die, then if we want another life, we choose another life. or we go somewhere else in the universe. its a mix of science and spirit. not one or the other, its both.

PARANOIA
06-09-07, 00:19
ok, lets say i had ALL the proof in the world RIGHT NOW that there was or wasnt life after death....now what do u do? whatever happens will happen. dont get caught up on death when u should be living ur life rite now.

I'll start my own religion called Samism and get everybody to pay me money to bless them and grant them a safe trip to the afterlife.

Twilight
06-09-07, 00:21
I'll start my own religion called Samism and get everybody to pay me money to bless them and grant them a safe trip to the afterlife.

thats great, but sounds somewhat familiar.

interstellardave
06-09-07, 00:22
I believe that our body dies but the true Self doesn't die at all. I don't think there is any Heaven or Hell as religions describe them, just states of Enlightenment, or Spiritual development. The more Enlightened, the more in tune with the true Nature of the Universe you are.

Junebug
06-09-07, 01:07
wat is?:confused:

How his dad turned off the lights!

erosan
06-09-07, 02:11
I believe everything's possible

vespertea
06-09-07, 04:38
I can't argue with you there. I mean Heaven and Hell.. nobody came back from it so how would we know its real? And yeah someone had to make us. and even the near death experinces are so fake its not even funny. A few people i know including my mom have had near death experineces.

I think there's validity in certain NED's. Some of them (if not, a lot of them) seem fake, but I don't think it's wise to write off all NED experiences so easily.

Draco
06-09-07, 05:14
Why does there have to be a purpose to life?

deepbluesea
06-09-07, 05:37
Oh there is a purpose to life although ita a little degrading, The purpose of life is to procreate. Every creature does it for survival of the species and if you think through everything we do, its towards this purpose. ickky but true in my opinion.

Personally I think there is no life after death and I am looking foward to the peace and quiet. or not looking foward to it in either case.

aquaflute
06-09-07, 05:43
I am very happy for you actually, I know how hard it must be to lose a family. But knowing there's a afterlife for them must mean really a lot and must be a relieve.
He was a man with great personality I can tell and I wish a happy afterlife for him!!!
Forgive me if I said things wrong.

Well what works for me is: If you believe then it's true to you. So I don't want to argue with anybody here. Just like I said, a happy afterlife for the good man.

ivannnnn
06-09-07, 07:39
At least 4,000,000,000 non-Christians going to hell.

That's going to be a hard pill for them to swallow.

Do you think so? I don't thing that's right. One who is fear of God and follow His guide is the luckiest one, doesn't mean all Christian are going to heaven. So if Christians makes a 'big sin',mean they enter heaven?

Zac Medley
06-09-07, 10:18

You can't ask God for forgiveness and THEN shoot yourself and expect to go to heaven. That just prooves that you are utterly corrupt and willing to say whatever you think people want to hear. The act of faith is to believe that God will help you get through whatever it is that you were going to shoot yourself to avoid.

Hell is much worse than anything here on earth, so it is better to endure here. If you want to find out a little about just how bad hell is, read Luke chapter 16. Jesus spoke more about Hell than anybody else did in the Bible, and he gave vivid accounts of the conditions there. His primary mission was to give us the means to avoid it - by believeing that he is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6).

Oh there is a purpose to life although ita a little degrading, The purpose of life is to procreate.

Why would procreation be degrading if it is within the bonds of HOLY matrimony. That's precisely what marriage is for.

And I would add that the purpose of life is to witness this glorious, intricate and marvelous creation, and give honor and praise to the one who created it, and to raise children who have the same understanding that we owe all that we have, even the breath in our lungs, to God, our Father.

Anajrob
06-09-07, 10:20
That's a pretty amazing example. :eek:

But two reasons I don't want this thread to continue:
1) It makes my brain hurt like crazy. :o
2) It can cause a lot of arguments..

But I personally have no idea what to believe..

Me too. :p

Lara's Backpack
06-09-07, 10:35
I really have never thought about it... do we not think when we're asleep? But then, we're still alive and being dead... well there's no measurable brain activity what so ever.

Perhaps we're just left to ponder the memories we made in this life.

Admles
06-09-07, 10:58
IMHO, when you die, thats it.

There is no afterlife, no ghosts, spiritual plane.

A soul is a concept developed my man, its not a real thing. Once you're dead, you're dead, expired, gone, thats it.

No reincarnation, heaven, hell, limbo, astral plane.

But thats just what I believe.

nicola1986
06-09-07, 10:58
I'd like to think there was something beyond this world, good and bad, I hate to think that murderers etc. get to escape their punishment with death, they shouldn't.

I hear loads of people telling stories of how someone has tried to contact the living after they have passed or sent them a message and I think that is really nice. I hope there is somewhere peaceful after this.

BtoFu
06-09-07, 11:03

Purpose sustains the will of men. I'd rather believe I'm here for something as opposed to nothing - something greater than spreading my seed might I add.

I believe in life after death. Born into such faith as a child, rejected it during the growing pains of puberty and came to an agreement with myself only a couple of years ago that had me embracing it again. No miracles witnessed, just grapsing at a means that helps me through this old haul we call life.

nicola1986
06-09-07, 11:11
I think your purpose is whatever you make it, what ever good you've done, no matter how small or large it's your purpose and I don't think you just have one.

I know my purpose, I see it every day, to be with my partner and family and make them happy in anyway that I can and love them the best that I can and do my part in keeping them safe. And I hope one day I'll have my own family to continue this with :)

Bowie
06-09-07, 13:31
I don't believe in individual human consciousnesses. I believe we're all one and the same: in a sense, the universe is conscious of itself, and that's it.

To stress about whether you live after you die is plain human arrogance. The universe and its own consciousness has existed forever and will exist forever. Any further attempts at explanation just make its origins full of redundant complications.

This IS heaven. We ARE God. End of story.

The Great Chi
06-09-07, 14:17
IMHO, when you die, thats it. There is no afterlife, no ghosts, spiritual plane. A soul is a concept developed my man, its not a real thing. Once you're dead, you're dead, expired, gone, thats it.
No reincarnation, heaven, hell, limbo, astral plane. But thats just what I believe.Let me tell you an extract from an interesting Science fantasy story I read a few years back and never forgot it, dealing with this very topic, and I thought it very witty indeed.....

A man woke up after his death and climbed out his coffin that was lying on an enormous grassy plane that went on forever, an enlightened one came across to him and said "welcome to the afterlife".

The man saw people dancing in the field, cities in the sky and people happy and content.

He then looked across at the empty coffin that he had climbed out of and saw rows and rows of people in similar coffins, but with their eyes open and looking around at the sky, just lying there never getting out.

"Who are these guys" the man said to the enlightened one, "Oh , dont worry about them, there the ones that believed there was no afterlife, so we like cater for everyones beliefs" :vlol:

NemesisxAngelus
06-09-07, 15:07
I do believe there's more after death, but not in a way of heaven or hell. Maybe it's just a timeless domain, like a dream.

Jacob x5
06-09-07, 15:12

There doesn't, but a lot of people would there like to be one. Looking at it from a logical standpoint as I usually do, the Universe formed, gradually matter formed into different shapes and places like the Earth were created. It is unclear how 'life' came into existence, but clearly it did, and places like the Earth are, for some reason, perfect for sustaining this. We're not even sure exactly what 'life' is, and if that has to have a purpose, then surely everything should have a purpose. If we're going with the Big Bang theory, everything exploded outwards and is constantly expanding. Remarkably, everything that exists is a consequence of the way everything span out of that big bang. Perhaps if it span the other way (:p), 'life' would never have formed and the Universe would have been incredibly dull.

lita212
07-09-07, 22:36
I believe that our body dies but the true Self doesn't die at all. I don't think there is any Heaven or Hell as religions describe them, just states of Enlightenment, or Spiritual development. The more Enlightened, the more in tune with the true Nature of the Universe you are.

i agree. i think our spirit becomes part of the earth etc. i dont think we come back as something else as we have already lived a life so why would we need to live another? i think when you die you find out all the questions you wanted to know. i think if we do come back then there obviously isnt a heaven and hell which means there isnt a good and it also means that we were never a real person as we would be living differnt lives so we wouldnt have one identity.
i still think we go somewhere and find out the things we wanted to know.

its obviouse that we die so that the world doesnt over populate but if that was the case then we would be totally differnt as we would be infertile as we would live on and god etc wouldnt have to worry about us dying out.

its just too complicated to think about imo there is too many questions and too many answers which we need to discover. at the end of the day whatever happens it could change everything if it were to be discoverd. i mean would people really want to know what happens to them etc and if there is heaven and hell? if that was revealed then no one would have their own identity or personality. everyone would be like each other to make sure they go to heaven and not hell.

imo secrets to the world are there for a reason and need to be remained as secrets.

I don't believe in individual human consciousnesses. I believe we're all one and the same: in a sense, the universe is conscious of itself, and that's it.

To stress about whether you live after you die is plain human arrogance. The universe and its own consciousness has existed forever and will exist forever. Any further attempts at explanation just make its origins full of redundant complications.

This IS heaven. We ARE God. End of story.

i agree the universe has proberbly been here forever but then that would mean that all scientific evidence of how many years the world has been here would be wrong as we dont know if there was a world that we lived on before this one was created?.
you cant say this is heaven etc as you have no evidence and therefor your opinion isnt a fact. no one knows and no one will ever know so thats the end of the story.

ThomasCroft
07-09-07, 23:20
i agree the universe has proberbly been here forever but then that would mean that all scientific evidence of how many years the world has been here would be wrong as we dont know if there was a world that we lived on before this one was created?.

According to the Big Bang Theory, time was also created along with matter - i.e. the stuff that makes up the universe - at the moment the Bang happened. Therefore, there was no before, before that point. Molten rock, or some of the matter that came out of the Bang, cooled etc. to produce the Earth, and scientists have analysed the Earth to deduce how long the planet has been in existence, or since it was created. Of course, this is all one huge theory but there is a large amount of evidence in support of it.

In answer to the "life after death" question, I have no idea. Logic tells me it can't happen. No way. Once we're underground our body/brain isn't/aren't going anywhere so neither can our consciousness. But some deep feelings I have acquired recently after someone very close to me in my family passed away suggest otherwise. I can't exactly explain it, and it's highly likely I'm deluding myself because I want to be comforted and feel like I am, in some way, communicating with this special person. But that's exactly what I feel when I communicate either vocally or in my mind with this individual, a warm sense of comfort, understanding, help, even. Some of my pleas for help directed to this person have been answered, too.

Now I can tell you I am very sceptical when it comes to supernatural communication or connecting with the dead, and if someone else told me they'd done that I honestly wouldn't believe them. But even so, in my personal experience, if my family member hasn't been communicating with me from another life, their memory has lived on, and that's comforting enough.

ajrich17901
07-09-07, 23:59
I beleive there is a life after death i dont know why i just simply do:o

lillyc
08-09-07, 11:30
I believe.I had many strange experiences with ghosts.

kimonap
08-09-07, 11:45
I believe.I had many strange experiences with ghosts.

my mother too

Dante Trent
08-09-07, 12:27
There is life after death...at least.. i should think so..

Draco
09-09-07, 16:02
Of course there is life after death...just not yours.

PARANOIA
09-09-07, 16:19
I beleive there is a life after death i dont know why i just simply do:o

There is life after death...at least.. i should think so..

I do believe there's more after death, but not in a way of heaven or hell. Maybe it's just a timeless domain, like a dream.

All of this is pretty much summed up in this argument.

you got to have faith

And I'm not going to quote the book of people saying why they don't believe an afterlife exists. If you want that, read the rest of the topic. ;) A lot of people make these assumptions based on gut feelings. Why, I think that we're all in a virtual world in a computer program run by some kid in the couch.

shades
06-10-07, 23:40
when we die, we rot into the ground. Its not negative. It is being realistic. This is not alice in wonderland. We are bits of biology. Like every other living thing.

We are going to die which make us the lucky ones. Most people aren't going to die, because they are never going to be born.

Make the most of life.

shades
06-10-07, 23:41
Of course there is life after death...just not yours.

good one

vespertea
06-10-07, 23:46
when we die, we rot into the ground. Its not negative. It is being realistic. This is not alice in wonderland. We are bits of biology. Like every other living thing.

We are going to die which make us the lucky ones. Most people aren't going to die, because they are never going to be born.

Make the most of life.

So there's life before death? You sort of contradicted your "realistic" view.

Anyway, this thread is a bit old, I think it should be closed.

Betal
06-10-07, 23:49
Nope I don't believe in life after death.

The brain slowly stops working and PAAANG you are dead.

Mr.Burns
07-10-07, 00:00
Shades, I would ask that you not bump threads that are month old. It forces newer threads down and out of sight. I would also ask that you make use of the multi quote feature instead of double posting. If you're unsure what that button is. This is it: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/images/buttons/multiquote_off.gif
:wve: