PDA

View Full Version : Apple slashes iPhone prices, slaps 1 million idiots! LMAO!

tlr online
06-09-07, 17:19
LOL! Awesome article from el Reg. (http://www.theregister.co.uk)

No, Steve. We didn't miss that last bit.

This morning, after announcing a boatload of brand new iPod and iTunes gizmos, Steve Jobs had one final piece of news for all you Apple lovers out there: He was dropping the price of the iPhone. Little more than two months after it debuted at $599, the 8GB status symbol is now available for just $399.

To summarize, Steve Jobs just slapped one million of his most-ardent supporters.

Few will acknowledge it, of course. The Apple faithful are so enamored with Jobs, they'd gladly follow the man to South America and drink his poisoned Kool Aid. And we don't mean that metaphorically.

But whether they realize it or not, Jobs just insulted each and every person who's purchased an iPhone over the past 68 days. He's also robbed them of $200. He spent months telling those one million souls they should spend nearly six hundred smackers on a new user interface, and now, he's admitted this was nothing more than a con job.

We hate to say we told you so. But we did.

The Apple faithful didn't listen then. And they won't listen now. But on the off-chance there's an iPhone owner out there who can still reason, we have a few words of advice. Next time Jobs rolls out a new product, think before you buy. Better yet, think before you spend days waiting in line to buy.

And if you bought the thing over the last two weeks, return it - as Apple allows. If you then buy a new one, you'll save $200. And if you don't buy a new one, you'll save $599. When Steve Jobs slaps you, slap him back.

Joe_16
06-09-07, 17:22
Blimey, that's a pretty big price cut.

Lew
06-09-07, 17:24
It happens all the time, i bought a phone for 200, over the next month it was 100.

Titanium
06-09-07, 17:29
Wow that is a pretty big price cut, but still. Return it if you can and just get a new one. :D

tampi
06-09-07, 17:38
The same applies to the LCD TV. You going to buy one and three months later there is another television with best features and lower price. And the worst thing is that the first model disappear in three months. The TV LCD which you bought no longer exists!!!! :yik:
I suffered exactly this with an external hard drive.:ohn:

Jacob x5
06-09-07, 17:41
The best way to look at it is that no matter how hard you try, it isn't physically possible to get the best deal, because the best deal changes practically every millisecond. Just settle for a very, very good deal and you'll be fine. ;)

Imagine buying an iPhone immediately before this price cut. Ouch. :tea:

EscondeR
06-09-07, 18:05
That's worth shooting, not slapping back ;)

2kool4u
06-09-07, 18:06
ROFL OMG HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :vlol: lets wait online for a week!

jackali
06-09-07, 18:48
:vlol: Ace article. Thanks for posting it!

Izzie404
06-09-07, 20:24
It's so incredible... :eek:

Haha. If I was a mod, and Justin didn't post this, I would've closed it, since there is already a thread about iPods/iPhone. :p

I'll get my friend's, who bought an iPhone, opinion on this, and if he think it was worth the 2 mon. he has it before other people.

Cochrane
06-09-07, 20:44
Apple decided that they are going to give $100 back to everyone who purchased an iPhone before: http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

Apofiss
06-09-07, 20:51
And if you bought the thing over the last two weeks, return it - as Apple allows. If you then buy a new one, you'll save $200. And if you don't buy a new one, you'll save $599. When Steve Jobs slaps you, slap him back.

not quite... lol, I sense the iphone sells weren't hittin high during the last 2 weeks then :D

findme
06-09-07, 21:36
it happens to almost every new gadget that comes out, by Apple or not. I don't know why people are fussed by this.

Admles
06-09-07, 22:21
Must be because people aren't stupid enough to buy the iPhone and they are losing money.

SamReeves
06-09-07, 22:41
Apple decided that they are going to give $100 back to everyone who purchased an iPhone before: http://www.apple.com/hotnews/openiphoneletter/

Holy crap! A voice of reason here. :)

Steve Jobs and Apple are an excellent company. I just think some lame-duck PC users are just a bit jealous. :p

PARANOIA
06-09-07, 22:42
BUYER BEWARE!!! :mis:

That's why I never invest in fads! The fools!

Fish.
07-09-07, 01:56
:rolleyes:

This is why I use Windows. :D

SamReeves
07-09-07, 02:25
And why your comp crashes a lot! :ton:

Fish.
07-09-07, 02:50
Don't give me that Sam. -_- Windows is actually a pretty stable operating system. When you're not using Vista. :ton:

Admles
07-09-07, 03:11
Don't give me that Sam. -_- Windows is actually a pretty stable operating system. When you're not using Vista. :ton:
Hey I've got Vista running on two of the systems in this house and it never crashes!

In my experience (I ran a computer repair store for about 3.5 years), 90% of OS / System crashes are all PEBCAK - Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard!

Fish.
07-09-07, 03:20
I was just joking. :rolleyes:

Spitfire
07-09-07, 03:32
wow that is a slap in the face...just means now I'm closer to buying one :)

Draco
07-09-07, 04:08
Buying one at any price is kinda dumb.

Spitfire
07-09-07, 04:18
Why would u say that, it's a pretty nice phone IMO.

Little-Lara
07-09-07, 04:41

...and in the process, lowered the level of respect from customers.

The people who bought the iPhone know that the price would drop in a few months. Rememeber the Razr, when it first came out? Saaaame deal. ;)

Akhenaton
07-09-07, 04:45
not quite... lol, I sense the iphone sells weren't hittin high during the last 2 weeks then :D

Apple has honored the time tested tradition in the technology market of selling the hype. The iphone was hyped to the heavens before it's release and the early buyers bought it at $200 a pop. Now the hype is over and supply and demand(or lack of it) is setting the price. Jobs wouldn't have to 'aggressively go after new ones with a lower price' if the consumers were aggressively going after iphones at the higher price. :ohn:

Necromanser
07-09-07, 05:07
I used to want an Ihone but i found out how ****ty they were and stuck to my phone

To the people who own an Iphone no offence

GodOfLight
07-09-07, 05:25
i waited before i bought it :jmp: and now, i think im ready :jmp:

danitiwa
07-09-07, 05:29
:vlol:

Admles
07-09-07, 05:31
They are a poor-quality phone that has just been marketed well. Like with the iPod, Apple has put a lot into the marketing to make them seem like the "cool" thing to have. An iPod is more a fashion accessory; there are far better quality players out there.

Apply tends to market towards impressionable youths who want their products to be just like everyone else who has one. All of apples products have that sleek futuristic look that appeals to younger people. Its the iPod that makes up the majority of Appls income.

Apple = Marketing geniuses.

EscondeR
07-09-07, 05:33
Apple = Marketing geniuses.

Like Intel ;) :p

Admles
07-09-07, 05:37
Like Intel ;) :p

Exactly!

How cool were the Intel Bunnymen?

Little-Lara
07-09-07, 05:47
Exactly!

How cool were the Intel Bunnymen?

WTF??!! Bunnymen sounds neither cute, nor manly. :vlol:
sorry for the off-topic.

Admles
07-09-07, 05:51
Yes but they were bright and colourful - appealing to gullible teenagers :D

Little-Lara
07-09-07, 06:14
Yes but they were bright and colourful - appealing to gullible teenagers :D

Ahh, undestood. ;)

Admles
07-09-07, 06:29
Ahh, undestood. ;)
Disclaimer: I have never owned a bunnyman!

disneyprincess20
07-09-07, 07:09
I didn't realise you were a fan of El Reg as well tlr, do you read BOFH as well? It's required pre-pub reading here!!

If you want some real controversy, read the comments on the article (bottom of the page) some a priceless!

Lara's Backpack
07-09-07, 07:48
You dont grow up in Australia and notice such things and wonder aloud, 'Whats wrong with them then?'

star girl
07-09-07, 08:46

nicola1986
07-09-07, 10:04
When Steve Jobs slaps you, slap him back.