PDA

View Full Version : Ghost stories near where you live ?

badboy70
06-09-07, 19:56
Title says it all, are there any stories about the city where you live a house, a person,...
Tell them here xD

I live in Bruges ( That's in Belgium ) and there's a haunted mansion a few street away.
There was a nun and monk, they lived in the same (black ! ) house. And you know they can't have sex and such, well they had sex and people found out. They had a secret passage in the basement, so they used that one to get out because someone found out. The next the they were found hung up on the trees in the park in front of the house. (There's a playground, trees and such. )
The rumours are you sometimes you can see them wondering around in the house ,as ghost ...
Its a black house made of wood, with curtains and such. Noone lived in it since that happened, and that was like 100 years ago and the house still looks in mint condition

It's creepy as hell at night...

Nord_the_raider
06-09-07, 20:03
Ghosts don't exist

Cord_Croft
06-09-07, 20:04
I love things like this :D

In the next village that my nan lives in, theres this old house type thing, and next to it is the 'triangle' where they used to hang people. If you go around there at night or something at Haloween, you can see ghosts.

Umm.. when my mum was younger, when she was in her bed, she said she could see young children playing in her room, and an old man in a top had standing at the bottom of her bed :D

Urgh... ! I felt something hold/stroke the back of my hair the other night. It was really weird, dad was in the bathroom and mum was up there. I could of sworn someone else was there. And when I'm in my room (this house is over 100 years old :D) I'm almost certain some nights I can feel someone sitting on the bottom of my bed. Tis weird :D My Great Nan used to live here.. so who knows.

Nord the raider - Just because you don't believe in them or have seen them, doesn't mean they don't exist

just croft
06-09-07, 20:04
Totaly! my grandma!

Thorir
06-09-07, 20:13
Hmm... I live in Oslo, and there īs not really any well known ghost stories from here... :/

Some remote hotels in Norway apparently have ghosts, though.

Legend of Lara
06-09-07, 20:17
There was this story of a girl who hanged herself in a bedroom in a summer camp in Iceland. The story wasn't real. :p

NemesisxAngelus
06-09-07, 20:18
Ghosts don't exist

That's your opinion ;)

A few weeks ago I couldn't sleep because I was thinking about my cat who passed away in 2000. After a while I could hear this strange, but calming meowing sound like he always made. I could feel him near me as spirit.

Also, on my grandma's funeral, always when they'd speak out her name, the candle would act up, and become normal again after a while. And no, not any windows/doors were open.

I could go on and on about this, but this were a few experiences I had of the many.

Vickkyyy
06-09-07, 23:14
Screaming Tunnel
Buttery Restaurant

Creepy Canada :]

LOOK IT UP :D

MiCkiZ88
06-09-07, 23:22
Just couple of old houses/cottages that no one has lived in for ages. Some claim to have seen lights & movement in them. Or some creepy noices. But meh.. I dunno. Could've been just some people fooling around.

I think our old house was haunted though. You could always hear steps coming from the attic & sometimes I remember the lights going out without a reason. I just switched them back on O_o

remote91
06-09-07, 23:24
Screaming Tunnel
Buttery Restaurant

Creepy Canada :]

LOOK IT UP :D

I found out about the screaming tunnel but I cant seem to find anything on the Buttery Restaurant, whats the story behind it Vicky? :p

BtoFu
06-09-07, 23:25
The Green Lady
The Gray Lady
The White Lady

Yeah apparently all our ghosts here don't know that cobalt blue is in this season. :pi:

remote91
06-09-07, 23:27
^:vlol:

Dakaruch
06-09-07, 23:28
oh well i don't believe in ghosts but i have a couple of stories to tell XD

first... i live in a small town here in good old portugal, and there is house here in my town that is suposed to be haunted...

so this house had a family living there, and one day some guy decided to go there and kill the whole family...
that guy killed them all, even the little kids that had made nothing wrong, the killer was cought up, and they gave him a university course(this part was irrelevant XD, just to see how justice can be stupid)well so one day a family decided to go and buy the house... they runned away and put it on sale by half price of what they bought it! what happened? no one knows, the certain is that they were speachless!

another:
in this town also there is another house near some traffic lights...
this house was a great house, and very old, but with lots of luxury...
one day a family decided to buy it... but it seems that the house was built above an old cemitery and was haunted, the previous owners died there and the ones who have bought it also died there! strange?

the final one(i could spend here hours here talking about this XD call Paperdoll if you wanna hear a real good one that happened to her brother teacher XD)

one day two old ladies went to their farms, near sunset to go and water their corn...
they went and as the sky turned darker the two old ladies started to see a strange light folowing them... a red light, and it came near and then got away, nearer and going away, also making strange noises... they started running as mad, and it seemed that light was following them, but suddenly one started praying and the light disapeared... odd? :vlol:

hope you like those, i can tell you others tomorrow XD

Fish.
07-09-07, 02:04
I live relatively close to a playground that's "haunted", and if you go there at night, you can hear the little children laughing. O_o

I don't believe that crap though :cool:

Kamrusepas
07-09-07, 02:15
Well I've heard a story about a house just a couple of streets away from where I live. The story goes that when the house was being built, a man murdered his wife and hid the body there, so she's walled in there...

Thorir
07-09-07, 02:18
Well I've heard a story about a house just a couple of streets away from where I live. The story goes that when the house was being built, a man murdered his wife and hid the body there, so she's walled in there...

Scaryyyyy....:(

aquaflute
07-09-07, 03:27
in high school I lived in the dorms, and at night we sometimes knock the walls and wait for the neighbours to knock back because we are so bored.

one night I hear knockings on the wall and I knocked back, and it knocked back to me and I knocked back....
Then the other day the people next door came to me and asked me why I keep knocking on their wall last night. I was surprised and told them I was knocking because they kept knocking. But it turns out that they didn't. So I had really no idea what really happened that night.

bett
07-09-07, 03:56
where i live, it's crazy. all kinds of stuff happens. my house is haunted, which is kinda trippy for me

vespertea
07-09-07, 04:52
In the town I live in, sometime back in the 1950's, a train derailed and crashed into a small office park, destroying several buildings and killing a good number of people. They've rebuilt these buildings, but people say they're haunted now.

I believe the train derailing, but I'm not sure about the haunted side of it. Never experienced anything paranormal, so I can't say if I believe in it.

Soma Holiday
07-09-07, 06:29
I've heard somethin about "Bunny-Man Bridge" were supposedly an escaped insane guy lived for years off of rabbits and he haunts it. They say that there are rabbit carcuses there all year round and blood all over the walls...

personally, I think they coulda came up with a scarier name. :D

We also have another bridge, that supposedly if you stop on the bridge, ghosts will push you the rest of the way, also if you put powder or something on your car, you can see lots of hand and fingerprints in it once you reach the other side...

Stig911
07-09-07, 07:07
I live in Kenilworth, Warwickshire, The Midlands (UK)

Theres on story about a Bridge in Stonely where a kid fell of his bike or something, and your supposed to be able to see him at night sometimes. My dad used to drive that way to work, and he says he saw something.

My house is haunted by my old dog Carlo, you can hear him walk across the kitchen floor, and the old lady who lived next door. She was called Lily and never had Grandkids and couldnt wait for me to be born but she died about a month before. You can hear her walking about, and sometimes she makes the beds and draws the curtains. She never liked the sun much acording to my mum.

Abby Fields is haunted. I have a pic somewhere, ill try and get it up. If I forget someone PM me and ill get it up.

nicola1986
07-09-07, 10:19
I love these threads! :D

I believe in ghosts, I love ghosts, not the woman from the Grudge though :pi:

I live in Midlands UK and my friend was walking his dog at night (he's so brave lol), he started crossing the road and saw a woman crossing from the other side so he moved the dog away from her and when she'd gone past him, he turned to look at her but she'd gone! Weird :pi:

I've heard loads of stuff happens in a friends house in Ireland, but I don't wanna go look lol

tombraider123
07-09-07, 10:23
Hmmm I live near a place called Clophill where there is an old abandoned Church. Been there several times...I have never seen anything but apparently it is haunted.

Ikas90
07-09-07, 10:53
There's a story about a village that used to be on an island within the local lake, and there was one little girl who burnt to death. It is now said that whoever steps on that island, and walks deep into it, will be haunted by her ghost for the rest of their life. Because she was left there to burn and die, she hates everything, and wants to let others suffer.

I was told by someone, and I don't know if it's true, really. I doubt it :p

nicola1986
07-09-07, 11:03
^ :yik:

lillyc
07-09-07, 12:51
I once took a photo of something like this:
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4423/mesaectoyk7.png

Some nights I hear the chairs moving but no one is downstairs.My mom saw a human-like shadow moving through the house and I was in my room.And once I found the TV turned on and I clearly remember that I turned it off.

Paperdoll
07-09-07, 13:04
the final one(i could spend here hours here talking about this XD call Paperdoll if you wanna hear a real good one that happened to her brother teacher XD)

I have no idea of what you're talking about :X

Well there are quite a few haunted houses in this country... one in Lisbon, I think is said to have a funeral come out of it every night. Meh. I have to see to believe it but I'd crap myself silly if I'd ever got the nerve to investigate XD

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 13:06
Never seen a ghost, don't believe in them either. Been to a few supposedly haunted places, and a few places that ought to be haunted; even stayed a few nights in a haunted castle (turned into a youth hostel) but didn't even get the shivers. :rolleyes:

VonCroy360
07-09-07, 13:10
Yup, there are actually two "haunted" houses in my area - one is in a village near my town: the whole one side of the house is covered with bushes and trees and the other three have no windows except for one small shaped like a cross. It's supposed to be the place where local ghosts gather (:rolleyes:).
The other one is a really big house a few blocks from my place - an old woman lived there and after her death many rumors started to get around - some versions call her a witch and say that every halloween she jumps from the third floor balcony, other say she floods the entire house, and some that she transforms into an eagle, flies away and then returns every halloween.
There is also a story of a church where some exorcisms have taken place, but the thing is that no one knows where is this church supposed to be. A ghostly area it is. :rolleyes:

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 13:15
Isn't it curious that ghosts only seem to haunt places that look creepy? :D

KurtisLonely
07-09-07, 13:15
My mom saw a human-like shadow moving through the house and I was in my room.And once I found the TV turned on and I clearly remember that I turned it off.

I had the human like shadow in my house, and my sister ( moved out the house) has found the TV turned on at night while she was sure it was turned off ( 2 times) and her door to the balcony is NEVER locked, this time it was o.o

I have alot of things in my house, footsteps on the stairs while no1 is on it, some sort of human like reflections in the mirrors/camera, those dots/orbs on photo's and no, the camera wasn't dirty or something.

a mirror felt off the wall, while it was hanging the same way for 5 years, so it wasn't like it was hanging wrong or something, or that someone touched it..

I've had a few times that I heard voices, like it was right behind me, whispering in my ear, I have had a few dreams about a face of a old man wich is staring at me or something, and it comes closer and closer o.o

Legends
07-09-07, 13:17
I'm not really into any ghost stories.

Dakaruch
07-09-07, 13:21
I had the human like shadow in my house, and my sister ( moved out the house) has found the TV turned on at night while she was sure it was turned off ( 2 times) and her door to the balcony is NEVER locked, this time it was o.o

I have alot of things in my house, footsteps on the stairs while no1 is on it, some sort of human like reflections in the mirrors/camera, those dots/orbs on photo's and no, the camera wasn't dirty or something.

a mirror felt off the wall, while it was hanging the same way for 5 years, so it wasn't like it was hanging wrong or something, or that someone touched it..

I've had a few times that I heard voices, like it was right behind me, whispering in my ear, I have had a few dreams about a face of a old man wich is staring at me or something, and it comes closer and closer o.o

holly ****, if i had such dreams i would be dead XD
i don't believe in gosts though, and i can asure you that nothing like that ever happened to me ;)

KurtisLonely
07-09-07, 13:22
I am, becouse I know it's true, since I live in a sort of haunted house...

I hear knocking out of the computer cupboard or however you call it.

things are moving, tv remote control, mp3 player, keys, those things, and chairs...

edit:
holly ****, if i had such dreams i would be dead XD
i don't believe in gosts though, and i can asure you that nothing like that ever happened to me ;)
Lol, first time I cried, and didn't sleep for 3 days, and then I saw this face again, and slowly I got used to it, I still scare alot when it happens, but I sort of allready know what will happen - I wake up

nicola1986
07-09-07, 13:33
I've always wanted to get a night-vision camera go hunting them, just for fun and 'cos I have no life (lol) but no one will go with me and I ain't going on my own :pi:

Dakaruch
07-09-07, 13:36
I am, becouse I know it's true, since I live in a sort of haunted house...

I hear knocking out of the computer cupboard or however you call it.

things are moving, tv remote control, mp3 player, keys, those things, and chairs...

moving how? through the hair, or just seems that it goes from one place to other?

cristina8992
07-09-07, 13:43
A few days ago my TV turned on and off and I wasn't even near it or the remote. Turns out the remote was broken:ton:. Aside from that, nothing strange happened to me.

But a friend of ours lived in a hounted house. Weird things happened to her, like stuff falling from the shelves. One time when my mom was visiting her, a lamp exploded above their heads while our friend was telling her that strange things were happening and that she didn't want to live there anymore. Mom hasn't visited her ever since.:vlol:

I'd love to visit a haunted place, though.:D

thanatos
07-09-07, 14:40
some things that have happened over the years at my best mates house:

-someone staying over awoke and saw a rocking chair rocking on its own in the middle of the night, even tho there is no rocking chair in the room

-my mate went in the room and saw an old man standing there clear as day. my mate, to put it politely, pooed himself

-someone woke up in the middle of night, paralayzed and could see an imprint (roughly the size and shape of a hand) sliding up the bed covers.

-My mate's dad (who, even now, strongly doesn't believe in any sort of ghosts and spirits) was on the phone when he turned to see his his wife asleep, sat upright, with a hazy image of her floating above her. Instinctively he shook her awake and it disappeared.

-My mates next door neighbor was sleeping over in the same room as my mate and, while both still fully awake in the the night, heard loud noises coming from downstairs. Then a loud banging started on the walls. Afraid to open the door the banging increased till it surrounded the room. The neighbor was so panicked he tried to climb out of the third story window! Eventually my mate summoned the courage to open the bedroom door and it immediately ceased.

The house is in a UK based book of haunted locations. Its on the isle of Anglesey in Wales.

Nannonxyay
07-09-07, 15:53
There's a hollow patch in our drama room floor and people say that a body's buried underneath it. :pi:

And also a person died in my parent's room and apparently my mum and sister has seen it's ghosts. And a girl who used to live here claims she has seen it. I don't believe in that stuff though. :p

And apparently whenever you would go to the woods at our old school at night, you would see the ghost of a man in a red jumper who had a distorted face that looked melted and he had a shotgun with one of those pointy things attatched to it. I think farmers have that sorta gun. I beleieved it coz I was only like seven. :D

Necromanser
07-09-07, 18:30
This dindt happen in my country but ono of my relatives stayed in a castle in charlie chaplins room and heard wails that continued the whole night

Heres what happened near me my neighbors grandad died and a moth that has the face of his grandfather comes to his house each year on the night of his death

maximum_123
07-09-07, 18:32
A few miles away. There is a school (I don't go to) 200/300 years old. There have been a lot of student deaths twisted into ghost story.

RockSteady101
07-09-07, 20:05
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=101412&highlight=Paranormal

No One Will Believe Me Though :/

Geck-O-Lizard Might Back Me Up Here, The Piazza Centre Ghost In Paisley, Was All Over The Sun Newspaper One Day, I Don't Believe, Probably Someone From Ferguslie Nicking Plasma Screens :D

LadyLaraC
07-09-07, 20:07
My town is supposed to be one of the most haunted in Britain - never seen anything strange though.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 20:14

Geck-O-Lizard Might Back Me Up Here, The Piazza Centre Ghost In Paisley, Was All Over The Sun Newspaper One Day, I Don't Believe, Probably Someone From Ferguslie Nicking Plasma Screens :D

...to be perfectly honest I've never heard of that one. I don't read the Sun. :| When was it?

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 20:43
My town is supposed to be one of the most haunted in Britain - never seen anything strange though.Never heard anything about that. :p

NemesisxAngelus
07-09-07, 21:05
There are some weird/strange stories here, but they're cool, I'd love to read supernatural stories! :D Another experience I had, I guess it was somewhere back in April 2006 I woke up and there were some reddish/brown hairs on my pillow, and my hair was still dyed black so it couldn't be mine. To make it more strange, I was having a dream about a reddish/brown haired person who was sleeping next to me, in reality, that person is dead for over 8 years now.

RockSteady101
08-09-07, 14:04
...to be perfectly honest I've never heard of that one. I don't read the Sun. :| When was it?

2, Maybe 3 Years Ago...

Funny Pictures On The Cover, Looked Like Someone Lost In A Park, Someone Transparent Lost In A Park Ofcourse :vlol:

xcrushterx
08-09-07, 14:06

I don't recall hearing/reading of a ghost at the Piazza :confused:

RockSteady101
08-09-07, 14:12
I don't recall hearing/reading of a ghost at the Piazza :confused:

Oh, There Was...Employees Whispers Passed It On Until The Stuff Expanded :/

xcrushterx
08-09-07, 14:20
Oh, There Was...Employees Whispers Passed It On Until The Stuff Expanded :/
Still don't remember lulz :p Did you hear about the ghost sightings up in Overtoun. Near the bridge that kills dogs (supposedly =\)