PDA

View Full Version : Police question Madeline's mother

Joe_16
06-09-07, 21:41
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6981411.stm

Not regarded as suspects though..

Angelus
06-09-07, 21:55
I've thought her parents have had something to do with it since the beginning to be honest.

Joe_16
06-09-07, 21:55
People are claiming they killed her by accident.

Angelus
06-09-07, 21:58

Possibly.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something... not right with them.

tr_mitch
06-09-07, 21:58
I've thought her parents have had something to do with it since the beginning to be honest.

Me too, its all a bit fishy.

Joe_16
06-09-07, 22:00
I don't know what to think. If it is them then they're covering it up extremely well.

NemesisxAngelus
06-09-07, 22:03

I agree.

It wouldn't suprise me to be honest.

DREWY
06-09-07, 22:13
Unless a body is found she will bear the whispers and stigma, much the same as we had with ARARIA CHAMBERLAIN (http://www.crimelibrary.com/fillicide/azaria/) in Australia where "a dingo took my baby".
Hard to prove innocence with no body. Maybe they did do it, and it's all just got out of hand? Snowballed in the press and is now out of controll.
Innocent till proven guilty is nice in principal, but it doesn't stop whispers and innuendo.

CroftScionGuard
06-09-07, 22:15
Unless a body is found she will bear the whispers and stigma, much the same as we had with ARARIA CHAMBERLAIN (http://www.crimelibrary.com/fillicide/azaria/) in Australia where "a dingo took my baby".
Hard to prove innocence with no body. Maybe they did do it, and it's all just got out of hand? Snowballed in the press and is now out of controll.
Innocent till proven guilty is nice in principal, but it doesn't stop whispers and innuendo.
Curius here in Portugal it's not the first time a mother kills her son/daugther and goes to the public saying that someone stole her son/daugther! Police is asking becauso of precaution! Madeleine's mother is not being accused...

DREWY
06-09-07, 22:19
I'm not saying she's guilty, just that untill Madeline is found, (one way or another) there will always be rumours as to what happened, and the parents are an easy target.

Angelus
06-09-07, 22:21

That's where Dingoes Ate My Baby came from. :p

Madeleine's father is being re-interviewed tomorrow.

CroftScionGuard
06-09-07, 22:24
I'm not saying she's guilty, just that untill Madeline is found, (one way or another) there will always be rumours as to what happened, and the parents are an easy target.
IMO they are responsible for that! They moved the world because of Maddie, and in England many people say they are guilty of leaving three sons behind to go dinning!

Also it is being questioned why someone stole only that girl and the twins didn't notice anything! Why did took only one girl to do something bad while it could be all three? (I say this but kipnaping is a crime, and I don't tolerate that!)

Jacob x5
06-09-07, 22:32
I would feel unfair accusing the parents because the chances of that being true are very slim. I have a lot of sympathy for them, because yes they made a mistake, and yes it was a big mistake, but it was still a mistake, and I'm sure they feel terrible. I would not wish something as terrible as this one anyone. Nothing happens without consequences, and the loss of their daughter is the consequence of their mistake, but in an odd way their mistake was physically very simple to make, and the consequences seem too large a punishment.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but in one of Jeremy Clarkson's books he makes a very good point about this. :p He says that a mistake is a very simple thing to make, but the situation in which you make the mistake can affect the consequences drastically. The input stays the same, but the output becomes much greater. Here is a fanatastic quote to summarize:

When a supermarket checkout girl incorrectly identifies a piece of broccoli as cabbage and you are over-charged by 15p, nobody really cares.

But what about the man who incorrectly identified a live bullet as blank, put it into the magazine of an SA-80 and heard later that a seventeen-year-old Royal Marine had been killed as a result?

As mistakes go, loading the wrong bullets into a magazine is exactly the same as loading the wrong information about broccoli into a checkout weighing machine.

CroftScionGuard
06-09-07, 22:37
I would feel unfair accusing the parents because the chances of that being true are very slim. I have a lot of sympathy for them, because yes they made a mistake, and yes it was a big mistake, but it was still a mistake, and I'm sure they feel terrible. I would not wish something as terrible as this one anyone. Nothing happens without consequences, and the loss of their daughter is the consequence of their mistake, but in an odd way their mistake was physically very simple to make, and the consequences seem too large a punishment.

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but in one of Jeremy Clarkson's books he makes a very good point about this. :p He says that a mistake is a very simple thing to make, but the situation in which you make the mistake can affect the consequences drastically. The input stays the same, but the output becomes much greater. Here is a fanatastic quote to summarize:

[/i][/font]
Hey there! I'm not saying they are guilty! But many things happened in the wrong way! Portuguese Media wasn't accusing them of murder but english Media said that the portuguese media was doing that! the McCann stop interviews with the PT media because of that, and EN media is far more rude that PT media

Admles
06-09-07, 22:41
Wow I'd never even HEARD of this disappearance until I saw this thread.

I hope they find her, before it does turn into another Azaria Chamberlian.

CroftScionGuard
06-09-07, 22:42
Here in PT it is more like a national case, called: 'Caso Joana'

Jacob x5
06-09-07, 22:44
I went to Majorca last week, and there are posters up all around Palma Airport. It's a shame really. The best they can hope for now is that a couple was so desperate for a child that they kipnapped her and are looking after her.

Wow I'd never even HEARD of this disappearance until I saw this thread.

:eek: Where've you been living?

Admles
06-09-07, 22:47
I went to Majorca last week, and there are posters up all around Palma Airport. It's a shame really. The best they can hope for now is that a couple was so desperate for a child that they kipnapped her and are looking after her.

:eek: Where've you been living?
Australia.

But honestly I never watch the news, the only TV shows I watch are downloaded on the PC. Which is probably why. I got tired of watching the news a few years ago, it was always so depressing.

Dakaruch
06-09-07, 22:48
well i have two things for you Maddie Lovers

1-in Portugal there should not be allowed to have hotels or whatever only for english folks, where only english people can enter, and i mean it, no portugueses alowed...
2-those "parents" should never ever should left a 3 year old child alone with her younger brothers, i mean they even dismissed their babysitter! the kids were all alone

so don't come here blaming portuguese people or media...
those parents should be arrested at least for negligence toward their kids

Angelus
06-09-07, 22:55

1-in Portugal there should not be allowed to have hotels or whatever only for english folks, where only english people can enter, and i mean it, no portugueses alowed...
2-those "parents" should never ever should left a 3 year old child alone with her younger brothers, i mean they even dismissed their babysitter! the kids were all alone

No-one did? :confused:

Dakaruch
06-09-07, 22:56

it seems like some did, so if not nevermind, although what i said about those parents are true imo... the fault is all theirs

CroftScionGuard
06-09-07, 22:59
English Media!!!! We got that info here on national tv channels!

just croft
06-09-07, 23:00

Ditto!

for god sake!?!? who is the incomptent that would leave is own baby-child alone in a forign country!?! I really wouldn't be surprised if it was them! come on, would you do it?

no one did? that's quite laughable!

Angelus
06-09-07, 23:02
Who has said it was the countries fault!?

Of course it's the paren'ts fault. They simply should not have left their children unsupervised - no-one is disagreeing with that.

just croft
06-09-07, 23:04
Last minute: Publico Ultima Hora (http://ultimahora.publico.clix.pt/noticia.aspx?id=1304277) <-- gonna take a while to translate

Inquiring to Kate McCann interopted but it should continue after dinner
06.09.2007 - 22h32 Lusa

The inquiring to the mother of Madeleine McCann, that has been going on for almoust 8 hours in the instalations of Portimão's JP (police) , was interrupted at 21:35 and it should continue adter a pause for dinner, said Kate McCann's aturny this evening.

The aturny Carlos Pinto de Abreu, that left alone from PJ's instalations arround 21:35, as garatied that the mother from the child missing for 4 months at the Praia da Luz, in Algarve, continues to be heard in the qualitly of witness.

Questioned by the journelists about when will Madeleine's father, Gerry McCann, be inquired the aturny said that he does not know. But, PJ's spokesman in this case said to Lusa (Lusa = something to do with the media, like an agency, I don't quite knoe myself) that Gerry McCann will be hear right after his wife.

Kate McCann's visit to Portimão's PJ comes up one day after the portuguese police received part of the results to the tests made to the biological residues (blood, saliva and hair) picked up in July from the apartment where the english girl went missing.

5th paragraph only mentions the hour Kate McCann left her house (13:30) and that she arrived the PJ half hour later

6th mentions that Justine McGuinness, the couples spokeswoman made a breif decleration, where talked about Kate's comeback to be questioned by the portuguese police, to help with the investigations.

The couple is satisfied to help the police in the investigations to find their daughter. "Kate continues to belive that Madeleine is alive and as hope that she comes back soon", said their spokeswoman.

In the decleration read by McCann's spokeswoman, the couple asked again "to the person or people that took her or that know who took them to do what's right", wich mean, to bring back the gril or inform the autorities

Four years old, Madeleine McCann, went missing in past May while sleeping with her twin brothers in an apartment (empreendimento?! I really don't use that word not even in portuguese, and it also isn't necessary for the setence to make sence) in Praia Da Luz, while her parents had dinner in a restaurant near by

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

my opinion on the case: I find all of this very suspicious including the parents reaction, but I got to admit in my opinion if we had of these cases in portugal previously or if we needed more police this would already have been solved... the problem with the protuguese police is that they almoust never have big cases and when one comes is total zoo! just look at this week! (portuguese people) how many gun roberies to bancs and museums have there been since Madeleine's missing? and how many before that? (lets say same perioud of time)

nicola1986
07-09-07, 10:32
I heard they left her in the house and went out to eat, which personally I think is disgusting in it's self if it's true, surely take your children everywhere with you when they are too young to look after themselves :/

Joe_16
07-09-07, 11:39
She has now been officially named as a suspect.

Titanium
07-09-07, 12:02
Yup she has and heres the article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6982969.stm

Joe_16
07-09-07, 12:13
I imagine the father will follow..

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 12:38
Personally I've believed from the start of this that the parents were involved either partially or completely in Madeline's kidnapping/death. I still do, and I'll buy a hat just to eat it if they turn out to be innocent of everything except leaving the children unsupervised in the apartment. Their headlines on the tabloid papers today are "The police are trying to set us up!" which simply looks to me as if the McCanns know some evidence is going to be found - or has been found - that proves their guilt.

Legends
07-09-07, 13:02

My friend said that to me too, and she is absolutely sure it's the father.

I can't possibly understand it, and if the parents are behind this I really hope they get what they deserve.

Well, that said, I hope they aren't. I hope they find Madeleine soon and get to the bottom of this.

lillyc
07-09-07, 13:10
She is probably dead or somewhere on the streets.And yes her parents look suspicious.

just croft
07-09-07, 13:20
She is probably dead or somewhere on the streets.And yes her parents look suspicious.

doubt that.

Paperdoll
07-09-07, 13:24
It's funny how in this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=96093&highlight=madeleine) thread how so many people were so sympathetic and now everyone's going "oh I always knew they were the bad guys!"
Well not just on this forum, everyone is doing that atm.

Typical...

Joe_16
07-09-07, 13:24
Personally I've believed from the start of this that the parents were involved either partially or completely in Madeline's kidnapping/death. I still do, and I'll buy a hat just to eat it if they turn out to be innocent of everything except leaving the children unsupervised in the apartment. Their headlines on the tabloid papers today are "The police are trying to set us up!" which simply looks to me as if the McCanns know some evidence is going to be found - or has been found - that proves their guilt.

Yep. Apparently they have had some results back from those traces of blood they found, which resulted in them questioning her.

Apparently now, they have found traces of blood in the car they rented 25 days after her dissapearence!

nicola1986
07-09-07, 14:14
^OMG :yik:

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 14:21
It's funny how in this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=96093&highlight=madeleine) thread how so many people were so sympathetic and now everyone's going "oh I always knew they were the bad guys!"

Typical...

Ehh. I'm personally not a hypocrite, I haven't been sympathetic for the parents for a moment. One thing to observe though, that thread was made before the parents started their attention-seeking parading, which is probably the main source of suspicion for a lot of us.

I think it's accurate to say, though, that most wishes of sympathy in events like this are no more than platitudes. :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider Jay
07-09-07, 15:07
Possibly.

I don't know what it is, but there's just something... not right with them.

I agree, in all the interviews the parents have been really suspicous looking - the dad has that shifty look about him, I just feel they are hinding something and are involved somehow - I felt this ever sinse the first report where they stated they had left the kids alone while they went out for a bite to eat, that's just NOT right!! :(

I mean who on earth would leave thier kids in an appartment all by themselves while they go out and eat lunch - it doesn't make sense!
I was talking with one of my college buddies who says she'd never in a million years leave her kids alone - no matter how long she was going to be - I think any mother knows kids shouldn't be left on their own and Maddy's mother's a GP she should know these things

I'd feel truly sad if it is the case that the parents have killed her by accident and then tried to cover it up with the huge media campaign :( I think the police were ruling them out as suspects at first as they were shocked and too grief stricken - now though they have filed that sue against the Portugese newspaper article because the parents were afraid the newspapers were getting too close to the truth, I think they really are hiding something alright :(

Whatever happens we now know the mother is certainly a suspect in her daughters dissappearence, I hope the police catch them out if they did indeed kill Maddy :(

OldFart
07-09-07, 15:12
Given that the Portuguese Police seem to have cornered the market
on "Incompetent" in the last three months, I'd wait a few days before
making any judgements ?? ... and No, I don't think either parent
was involved...

/They were just unlucky to be in a country where the police seem
a combination of the Keystone Kops and Manuel from Fawlty Towers ?!? :(

HAving said that though, isn't it remotely possible, being Doctors,
they gave her a sleeping pill or two to keep her asleep while they
were out having a meal... and it all went a bit wrong ?!? :(

petujaymz
07-09-07, 15:17
I always thought there was something dodgy about her.

She tends to keep herself to herself... bit of a loner.

:wve:

Paperdoll
07-09-07, 15:19
Ehh. I'm personally not a hypocrite, I haven't been sympathetic for the parents for a moment. One thing to observe though, that thread was made before the parents started their attention-seeking parading, which is probably the main source of suspicion for a lot of us.

I think it's accurate to say, though, that most wishes of sympathy in events like this are no more than platitudes. :rolleyes:

Actually they had started it already, with the Pope visits and what not, that was probably one of their high points. But there are so many people with shifting opinions it's disgusting, from the oh poor them to crucify them. This is nothing but a media circus.

Jacob x5
07-09-07, 15:22

Typical...

True. :p

They must have a fairly good reason for making the mother a suspect, so I won't judge.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 15:29
Right from the beginning, I've suspected something in this case (like so many others here have done). I hope justice done.

scion05
07-09-07, 15:38
Im so sick of hearing about this. I deliver papers in the morning,
and alls i ever see on the Express is MADELINE. Urgh, get over it,
and arrest somebody.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 15:39
and alls i ever see on the Express is MADELINE. Urgh, get over it,
and arrest somebody.I agree with you, the media are milking this story for all it's worth.

But you can't just arrest someone and charge them with abduction without the sufficient evidence.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 15:44
Indeed not. No matter how annoying they are, they need to be definitely guilty before they can be locked away. :p

Inkheart
07-09-07, 15:50
and alls i ever see on the Express is MADELINE. Urgh, get over it...

Well, I'd be inclined to agree with you. After all, it's just one child, and so many children go missing and don't get this sort of media attention. I also think there's little point in publicising it further, I think Madeline is dead. Sorry to anyone still hoping.

They must have a fairly good reason for making the mother a suspect, so I won't judge.

I read somewhere that close members of family are always first suspected in a murder inquiry, so even if the police didn't question to start with, maybe they did have suspicions?

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 15:53
There have been cases in the past where an abducted/murdered person's relatives went out and publicised it for public sympathy, then were discovered to be guilty of the crime. I couldn't give you any examples though, as it's something I remember from a documentary several years ago.

scion05
07-09-07, 16:01
Indeed not. No matter how annoying they are, they need to be definitely guilty before they can be locked away. :p

Can't they just lock them up for wasting the rainforest! ( paper ) ... :ohn:

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 16:03
Can't they just lock them up for wasting the rainforest! ( paper ) ... :ohn:Hey, it's the media who choose what they publish, blame them. :p

Jacob x5
07-09-07, 16:06
Tony, the parents are obviously very rich. That is why this story has stayed in the news for so long.

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 16:07
Tony, the parents are obviously very rich. That is why this story has stayed in the news for so long.Yes, I know that. But it's the media who have the final say on what they publish in their newspapers.

AnthonyShock1515
07-09-07, 17:05
I think they look suspicious.

I have one doubt against the suspicion though. If they did kill her or have any affiliation with her abduction then why would they want to keep it in the public eye for so long, wouldn't they just try to get it out the way as soon as possible?

Mad Tony
07-09-07, 17:08
wouldn't they just try to get it out the way as soon as possible?My guess is by doing that it would make them look innocent.

Reggie
07-09-07, 17:10
I don't think she's guilty.
And I don't feel like arguing the point either but that's what my intuition is telling me. If I'm wrong then so be it but either way this campaign has officially gone tits up pretty badly however you look at it.

Like I said, I don't feel like debating this at all as this is just based on a gut feeling but nonetheless I felt it necessary to give a contrasting viewpoint.

Gecko prompted me to say this considering she hinted at the hypocracy of many people withdrawing their support so suddenly and jumping on the bandwagon of hate against the McCanns. Not my words, just the impression I got from Gecko's comments.

jarhead
07-09-07, 17:59
I woudln't be shocked if a relative was involved, not necessarily the parents but someone who they know. Although it must be dreadful for that to happen to your child, I would still have not left it alone no matter where or under what-ever circumstances.

ThomasCroft
07-09-07, 18:15
Although it must be dreadful for that to happen to your child, I would still have not left it alone no matter where or under what-ever circumstances.

I have to admit, even though it's easy to say that kids shouldn't be left alone if you're not a parent, it was particularly irresponsible of them to leave the kid unattented while they were eating in a restaurant.

Tomb Raider Jay
07-09-07, 18:30
I think they look suspicious.

I have one doubt against the suspicion though. If they did kill her or have any affiliation with her abduction then why would they want to keep it in the public eye for so long, wouldn't they just try to get it out the way as soon as possible?

They've made a huge media campagin to shift the spotlight from themselves onto finding their missing daughter - but in doing so I think they've only made things worse for themselves as if it does indeed turn out that Maddy was killed by them - accidently or not - they are going to face a massive backlash from all over the world :(

Remember people all over the world have been sending messages of hope to the parents - if they were the ones who had done something to Maddy and yet had continued to say nothing then the public will not take to it lightly if/when they are found out - the parents lifes would be ruined and they'd never be able to go out in public ever again!

It's like Princess Diana's death, people were unhappy that the queen wanted a private service but then she eventually gave in as Tony Blair persuaded her to go with what the public wanted - but she still resented it - you can tell this when she spoke about Diana in her speach :(

larson n natla
07-09-07, 18:38
I think she didnt do it, why would you atract so much atention start an appeal and visit the pope if you had killed your child.

plus i sypathise with them there in a livng hell and dont deserve this at all

we can only hope they find maddie alive and well and that her parents are no longer suspects

i cant imagine how traumatic this must be that poor woman must be in turmoil :(

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 18:44
I think she didnt do it, why would you atract so much atention start an appeal and visit the pope if you had killed your child.

I know that's a rhetorical question, but that's the very reason I suspect them. I believe they're forcing the focus onto finding Madeline (and I strongly suspect she's been dead for weeks, if not from the beginning of all this) and feeling sorry for them, so that anything that would implicate them in manslaughter or murder is more likely to be missed.

Dakaruch
07-09-07, 19:12
don't know if you are aware of this there in the UK, but the parents are now officially suspects on her daughter's kidnapp, death or whatever...

and imo they are really guilty

jackles
07-09-07, 21:14
We are aware of it..but I think unless we can see the evidence for ourselves we should keep an open mind. After all how awful if we were condemning an innocent woman who has lost her child and the effects on the twin brother and sister can be imagined if they also had to lose a parent. It is all speculation at the moment. Witch hunts have killed innocent people in the past.

Thorir
07-09-07, 21:35
I don´t know if the parents are guilty, but it IS suspicious that the police has found blood in the car the parents rented...

CroftScionGuard
07-09-07, 21:48
We are aware of it..but I think unless we can see the evidence for ourselves we should keep an open mind. After all how awful if we were condemning an innocent woman who has lost her child and the effects on the twin brother and sister can be imagined if they also had to lose a parent. It is all speculation at the moment. Witch hunts have killed innocent people in the past.
I agree with the "opened mind" comment... but one question: Kate McCann had always with her that bear-toy of Maddie, and after analysed the bear-toy has evidences that it was in the hands of someone that was dead! When Kate was confronted with that she said that she took her daugther Maddie to a morgue in the hospital where she worked in UK, but the morgue of the hospital is not her competence, and everytime someone goes there, every person must change clothes, and she didn't. Also, why would she take her daugther to the morgue?

Even with what I wrote, I'm not saying that she is guilty, apart of my opinion!

tr_mitch
07-09-07, 21:52
They're on about charging her, must have some pretty strong evidence. =/

jackles
07-09-07, 22:05
They havent charged anyone yet as far as I am aware, just that they are suspects as they have to due to portugese law. Confusing for us brits as the law is obviously different here. I am not aware of any evidence being released as yet but there is a bucket load of speculation. Maybe I am an old softy...but I always ask myself how would I feel if I was innocent and being accused. Better to let the law decide...not a job I would fancy. :(

I have no real opinions either way really but like I said I just havent got enough hard evidence to be able to form an unbiased opinion.

:o

Dakaruch
07-09-07, 22:49
well it seems that her(i don't know madelleine's mother name) had the smell of corpses on her clothes, she was arrested after that, the blood evidences on the car and any proof on the teddy-bear as CSG said...
she would not be arrested if she was not guilty, the police can't risk that, or they would have lots of money to receive due to mental damaged that the police made to them and etc...
so she might be guilty, and theres another thing, the vatican has got the info of the maddie's parents visit to pope out of their website, some say that they don't want to have nothing to do with the culpability of the parents...
another thing is that the find madelleine website is being investigated because of the large ammounts of money sent there

NemesisxAngelus
07-09-07, 22:50
I don´t know if the parents are guilty, but it IS suspicious that the police has found blood in the car the parents rented...

Maybe Maddie's mom got her monthly period and couldn't find something to stop it. [/retarded] [serious] It is quite weird that they've found some blood in it, yes.

don't know if you are aware of this there in the UK, but the parents are now officially suspects on her daughter's kidnapp, death or whatever...

I agree.

petujaymz
08-09-07, 14:54
Is everything falling into place? I dunno... think about it.

Assume for a second that Kate McCann is responsible for the death of her daughter. After the initial panic, she would've been racked with guilt; this explains the ease with which she was able to go along with the Find Madeline campaign. It was a way of consoling herself, not a way of concealing the truth. Even so, it was deceitful in the extreme; everyone's gonna look so stupid if Kate McCann turns out to be responsible. I mean, weren't we expecting some loner in his forties to be arrested and charged?

EDIT - An afterthought... who's best qualified to conceal a murder? A doctor or an estate agent?

Jacob x5
08-09-07, 14:58

In my opinion, your opinion is wrong.

:whi:

Joe_16
08-09-07, 15:27
I'm really interested in hearing this evidence. The whole process has been really drawn out.

NemesisxAngelus
08-09-07, 15:47
Me too, I wonder what they will find. But, is this just me, or does Maddy's mother have a certain expression on her face that she's hiding something?

Joe_16
08-09-07, 15:50
Apparently she has been offered a deal to confess her guilt. She will get out of prison early I think.

Inkheart
08-09-07, 16:08
Apparently she has been offered a deal to confess her guilt. She will get out of prison early I think.

If she confesses, she'll only get 2 years. My mum's been saying she was odd from the start. Funny what people notice on a TV screen a thousand miles away . . .

Beanz
08-09-07, 16:27
I thought the parents were the ones that wanted her back? If they didn't want madelaine, why did they want the other two aswell?

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 16:31
I thought the parents were the ones that wanted her back? If they didn't want madelaine, why did they want the other two aswell?They are the ones who want Madeline (allegedly they want her anyway) but there's a theory that one of the parents accidentally killed her.

Bullethail
08-09-07, 16:34
I know it's easy to think, "Aw, the poor parents!" but you really never know. It's good that they're checking.

findme
08-09-07, 17:19
If they did accidentally kill Maddy, then they should own up to it. It's only 2 years and who knows, maybe they might be able to get out of it without any charges.

Rivendell
08-09-07, 17:22
I seem to be one of the few who just can't believe they had anything to do with it.
Maybe I'm simply naive in that respect, but I don't think her parents were involved at all.

Nannonxyay
08-09-07, 17:55
I'm not sure whether to be on her side or not. :confused:

lita212
08-09-07, 18:22
i personally thing there blaming them for doing it so there wont be an up raw in closing the case. the portuguise police are lazy and pathetic. there are so many missing children over there and they cant be arsed to search for them. because maddie is british its also a reason they cant be botherd to search for her, if it was one of their own then the case wouldnt be closed. and people who are quick to blame them have no idea what there going on about.

Paperdoll
08-09-07, 19:05
*Post removed*

Actually scratch that, there's no point in arguing when cases like this are bound to attract people that think they know everything about anything, ending up just displaying an astouding ammount of ignorance.

Yes because the legal system is the same everywhere, and yes because everyone thinks that the one in their own country is flawless. And then there's also the case that everyone else are incompetents and that everyone thinks they are entitled to discuss thouroughly something while the only info they have is what the media gives them, which we all know is the most reliable source in these cases. And yes, that was sarcasm :rolleyes:

Thorir
08-09-07, 19:06
Apparently the blood the police found in the car WAS Maddie´s.

If that´s not suspicious, I don´t know.

1. Daughter dissapears.
2. Weeks later, parents rent a car.
3. Police finds Maddie´s blood in the rental car.

VERY suspicious.

scion05
08-09-07, 19:37
Some seem to think that it went like this :

Kate and Gerry drugged the 3 children so they could go out for the night.
They either overdosed madeline or she had an allergic reaction to it, and
it killed her, or left her in a bad state. Weeks later they moved the body
over her and put her in the back of the car they'd hired and then disposed of her.

What do you think ?
It seems fitting to me :tmb:

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 19:40

over her and put her in the back of the car they'd hired and then disposed of her.

What do you think ?
It seems fitting to me :tmb:Yeah, I heard that too. Seems quite plausible.

scion05
08-09-07, 19:47
The only thing i don't get is how could they of hid her for so long :yik:

Mad Tony
08-09-07, 19:53
The only thing i don't get is how could they of hid her for so long :yik:Well, as it has been said before, they're very wealthy. They could've worked something out.

Bonez
08-09-07, 21:10
Seriously? I havent heard that... My god... If thats true, its awful. :(

just croft
08-09-07, 21:52
from what I have just hear on TV the parents are most surely going to jail one way or another for being letting that happen. My friends that's the law here in Portugal and I'm very happy with it, no parent should ever do that!

LuigiEspadachin
08-09-07, 22:11
I am being open minded until the actual guilty verdict is made. If that blood IS Maddie's, THEN it would be somewhat suspicious but the articles I've seen haven't actually said that blood is Maddie's. If someone points out an article that says it, I'd happily accept the opinion.

Another puzziling thing is, if they killed their daughter by accident or intentionally or whatever, why would they try and hide it by putting on this big search campaign, logically, wouldn't that encourage moreso the evidence being found in an investigation since the police are technically being pushed to look for her?

just croft
08-09-07, 22:17
Another puzziling thing is, if they killed their daughter by accident or intentionally or whatever, why would they try and hide it by putting on this big search campaign, logically, wouldn't that encourage moreso the evidence being found in an investigation since the police are technically being pushed to look for her?

You really can't belive human basics for survival! ;)

:off: YEAY 2000 POSTS!

The Great Chi
08-09-07, 22:53
I just cannot see the MOTIVE behind hiding an accidental death, so why would loving parents hide a childs body :confused:

I think the Portugese police are jumping at straws with this allegation, unless there is serious evidence we are not aware of at present, to justify such an idea.

Paul H
09-09-07, 00:51
According to the latest report, the story about blood being found in the hired car is false:

Some reports have already spoken of blood found not only in the flat, but in a car that they rented more than two weeks after Madeleine went missing. Others, elaborating on the theme, have suggested the police suspect Kate of having some connection with the death of her daughter and of then possible transporting her body.

'All completely false,' a senior source close to the investigation told The Observer yesterday, saying that no blood at all had been found in the car and that a DNA sample taken from its interior, though still a likely match for Madeleine, could have come from just about any item with which the McCanns' daughter had come into contact in the days before the evening in May when she was last seen alive.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,2165469,00.html

Laurencarter
09-09-07, 12:32
That is one bad story. I will not put this on any parents' path.

Joe_16
09-09-07, 14:59

What do you think ?
It seems fitting to me :tmb:

There doctors. Do you not think they'ld know what they were doing if they were to drug their children?

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 15:05
There doctors. Do you not think they'ld know what they were doing if they were to drug their children?We're all human. Everyone makes mistakes.

scion05
09-09-07, 15:10
If they do go to jail, and get out, they're gonna get slaughtered.

Joe_16
09-09-07, 15:17
We're all human. Everyone makes mistakes.

They would have had to have been incredibly careless, but it is a possibility I guess.

Mad Tony
09-09-07, 15:45
Am I the only one who thinks it's odd how they were saying they're gonna stay out there until they findd out what's happened to her, and now as soon as they're named as suspects they jump on the first plane back to Britain?

Joe_16
09-09-07, 15:48
That is a good point actually.

Reggie
09-09-07, 15:49
Here's the latest from the Independant (http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article2944398.ece)

Scapegoats?
McCanns reject 'compelling' new police evidence

Family says the naming of Gerry and Kate McCann as suspects jeopardises the hunt for their child. By David Connett and Amol Rajan in Praia da Luz

Published: 09 September 2007

Portuguese judicial sources yesterday defied mounting criticism of their investigation to indicate that police were amassing "compelling" evidence against Kate and Gerry McCann. They rejected claims that the couple were being framed for the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine and denied the investigation had been badly compromised early on.
Although serious questions have emerged over whether the crime scene and the hire car could have been cross-contaminated and so forensic evidence undermined, the couple who were declared official suspects by Portuguese police on Friday, said last night that they fear being turned into scapegoats for failings in the police investigation. Yesterday they appealed for the police in Portugal to resume the hunt for the missing four-year-old.
Last night Gerry McCann maintained his and his wife's innocence, telling the News of the World newspaper that they did not kill their daughter. "We're entirely innocent," Mr. McCann said. "I don't need to tell you how things don't stack up. I know 100 per cent that Kate did not do anything. I know that's true from what I did that night. And in terms of what Kate knows about me, I was away from her for just 10 minutes."
The Portuguese police will reportedly receive new forensic evidence from the couple's holiday apartment either tomorrow or Tuesday. The couple are expected to appear before the public prosecutor in the next few days. The McCann's lawyer has reportedly warned the couple that the weight of police evidence is now such that charges could be brought against them. Kate McCann was last night said to be distraught and exhausted after 16 hours of questioning during which police repeatedly showed her video footage of sniffer dogs allegedly finding the scent of a body in the family's hire car.
In the resort where they lost their child, sympathy for the McCanns was threadbare last night. One British mother in Praia da Luz said: "We've been coming here for four years, and I'm convinced it's the safest place in Europe. If you keep your kids with you and you're a responsible parent, there's nothing to fear."
Several British parents in Praia da Luz criticised the McCanns. One mother from Lancashire said: "To lose your child in a place like this... to leave them alone... why would you do that? It's not what any normal parent would do with a three-year-old."
The McCann family expressed horror and anger at the Portuguese police investigation, according to friends. One, Jon Corner, said: "The process I think is designed to be intimidatory, but Gerry is frustrated by the line of questioning and where the inquiry is going. He's also fighting and I think he's determined that the search for Madeleine is not going to be derailed by this."
Madeleine vanished from the family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal's Algarve on 3 May. The couple deny any involvement in her disappearance and no charges have been brought against them.
Brian Kennedy, Kate McCann's uncle, said: "We believe she is still alive. The efforts of the police should be diverted still to trying to find Madeleine. Everybody who knows the family well will tell you exactly the same thing. The notion that even accidentally they killed their daughter, hid her body, then put her body in a car hired 25 days later while the glare of international publicity is on them, and when they are always with friends and family, is fatuous beyond words. I just find the notion repulsive."
John McCann, Gerry McCann's brother, labelled the police actions "crazy". He said the idea that blood found in a hire car could link Mrs McCann to Madeleine's death "made no sense". He said there was growing frustration with police methods and called for them to get their investigation back on track.
The McCanns yesterday abandoned plans to return home to the UK this week, according to friends of the couple. They will remain in Portimao to help police rather than return to their home in Rothley, Leicestershire. The lease of their accommodation in Portimao expires on Tuesday and friends expected the couple, together with their other two children, Sean and Amelie, to return home.
However, the couple have changed their plans after Portuguese police named them as suspects. No bail conditions, travel restrictions or charges have been imposed on the couple, who were questioned separately for more than 24 hours.
Gerry McCann's sister, Philomena McCann, said of the accusation against them: "I've never heard anything so utterly ridiculous in my entire life."
Mrs McCann was booed when she attended the police interview and there has been increasing criticism of the couple in Praia da Luz. Some local traders believe their continued presence in the holiday resort and the media attention it is receiving are causing harm to the local economy.
Despite facing increasing criticism for the manner in which they have investigated the disappearance, Portuguese police and legal sources yesterday indicated they were amassing compelling evidence against the couple.
From the questions posed to the McCanns it became clear that detectives were working on the theory that Mrs McCann allegedly killed her daughter by accident and covered up the death by claiming she was abducted. The test results from the Forensic Science Service in Birmingham further strengthened their theory. Mr McCann's alleged role is not clear, but police believe he was an accessory to his wife's actions.
Under Portuguese secrecy laws police cannot comment on ongoing investigations but the Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias, citing informed investigation sources, said the couple had both admitted to giving Madeleine and their other two children a sedative on the night she vanished. Family sources said the couple had never hidden the fact they had given their children recommended doses of Calpol, a well-known, commercially available painkiller.
Police indicated the discovery of traces of Madeleine's DNA in a hire car rented by the couple 25 days after her disappearance was central to the new direction the investigation was taking. The discovery of her DNA was confirmed by the UK's forensic science laboratories in Birmingham, one of the world's leading DNA centres.
In British investigations forensic scientists say they are informed by police if there is a danger of cross-contamination by people attending a crime scene, suspects or police officers. They said they had not received any warning of cross-contamination from the Portuguese authorities. They refused to disclose whether the DNA traces were obtained from blood or from other sources which may indicate whether Madeleine's body was physically in the vehicle, as has been suggested by detectives questioning Mrs McCann.
Forensic experts have also warned that evidence obtained from the use of cadaver-smelling dogs is open to challenge. According to the McCann family, detectives asked why a British-trained dog detected traces of a corpse on Mrs McCann's clothing and on a Bible in the apartment. Mrs McCann, a GP, has said she was present at six deaths before her holiday. Despite it being said that dogs' noses are anywhere between 1,000 and 10,000 times more effective than humans', and despite the dogs' training to detect traces of everything from drugs to cancers, experts warn that there are still difficulties using evidence uncovered by dogs.
"There are times when the dog is just uncomfortable and not as well focused, and if they're not focused they're not as effective," said Jane Servais, a US cadaver dog expert who has assisted police and the FBI in several cases. "That is when, as a handler, you've got to pull them out."
She said the FBI and Interpol were trying to improve and standardise the training and performance of corpse sniffing dogs and their handlers. Evidence obtained by a cadaver-sniffing dog has been rejected by a US court after a judge ruled that the dog involved was simply too unreliable, having failed to detect the odours of human remains on more than half the occasions when it was subsequently tested.

Anubis_AF
09-09-07, 16:02
I don't think her parents had anything to do with her disappearance.

CroftScionGuard
09-09-07, 16:03
The McCann today left Portugal very soon, without warning the investigators!
And about the sedatives, there are proofs of that!

Joe_16
09-09-07, 16:04
I really don't know what to think anymore.