PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Movies- 07/08

Earthcane
07-09-07, 15:45
Hey guys! Earthcane here. (Havent been on general chat before).

So, which movies have you seen recently that you thot were really good?
And which upcoming releases are you really excited about?

I saw Transformers a couple of weeks ago. The CG effects were among the best i've ever seen but he plot was a bit cheesy.:D

Pirates 3 was way too mixed up. The Whirlpool climax scene was spectacular tho.
I cant wait to see Ray Winston in Beowulf this December. The Golden Compass looks great but I hope it'll live up to the book.

I also saw 300 this year. The visuals of the film were pretty groundbreaking
(altho it was Sin City that started that style of cinematography.)
"Tonight we dine in Hell!":jmp:

Next Summer, I'm simply ecstatic about The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger is a perfect choice for the mentally deranged Joker, my all-time favourite villain.
Christian Bale is doing well in Tinseltown- his cockney accent in the Prestige was spot-on, and he's starring alongside Russell Crowe in 3:10 To Yuma.

Oh, I almost forgot- Indiana Jones 4! I cant wait to see the original Tomb Raider in action again.:jmp:

So, which movies are you guys excited about? Just thot I'd set the ball rolling.:D

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 15:47
Heya.

Last movie I saw was HP:OotP. Loved it. :)

The two movies I can't wait to see are Dark Knight, which you've already mentioned, and Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham-Carter. It's out in December, and it looks fantastic. :jmp:

maximum_123
07-09-07, 15:47
The Mummy 3 is coming this year - apparently. That should be exciting :jmp: Loved the first 2!

Necromanser
07-09-07, 15:53
lokking forward to harry potter 6 I heard it will come out in late 2008

Earthcane
07-09-07, 15:57
Really? Thats strange coz Carter and Depp were both in The Corpse Bride, also directed by Tim Burton! Didnt know that, thanx.

Angelus
07-09-07, 15:57
The Mummy 3 is coming this year - apparently. That should be exciting :jmp: Loved the first 2!

Info on The Mummy 3 HERE. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mummy_3)

Rachel Weisz isn't appearing in the film, so I won't see it. I hate it when a actor is replaced by another actor.

Geck-o-Lizard
07-09-07, 15:58
Really? Thats strange coz Carter and Depp were both in The Corpse Bride, also directed by Tim Burton! Didnt know that, thanx.

I think they probably quite enjoy working on projects together. :)

Btw your sig can only be one line. ;)

krycekuva
07-09-07, 15:59
theres coming also resident evil extintion.

peffect
07-09-07, 16:07
Sweeny Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp, Alan Rickman and Helena Bonham-Carter. It's out in December, and it looks fantastic. :jmp:

I have to see that!

Watched The fifth HP and I believe it's going to be my 2007 favourite movie.
A Home At The End Of The World, really good.
And, A Perfect Stranger.

The only movie I might be gready to see is the adaptation of the video game: American Mc Gee's Alice. But knowing Sarah Michelle Gellar is going to play there...

-DEBUG
07-09-07, 16:44
Saw IV
Resident Evil: Extinction
Hitman

... all that really catches my eye for the rest of this year :)